Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2005-06

Gator Pam

Welcome to the GottaDeal forums, Ms. Mack! I'm in Fort Lauderdale at least twice a year. I usually shop the Hollyood Mall Target when I'm down that way, but have gone to Aventura, Pembroke Pines, Broward Mall, Coral Ridge, and the Greatland at Sawgrass Mills.

Do you find any of those have better clearance then the others?

Just a heads up. Most of you know that the fake Christmas trees are on clearance (30% off) but there are also some Christmas gift sets (mugs, glasses, plates) on clearance (30% off). Also we just put some Dewalt tools and tool bags on clearance for 30% off (it could be more however). Also, some Hello Kitty desk fans (50% off.. can't remember the exact price though.. sorry about that). Also, some St. Ives stuff for $1.xx (50% off). If anyone wants more info on any of these items, let me know. I work again tomorrow.

Just a heads up. Most of you know that the fake Christmas trees are on clearance (30% off) but there are also some Christmas gift sets (mugs, glasses, plates) on clearance (30% off). Also we just put some Dewalt tools and tool bags on clearance for 30% off (it could be more however). Also, some Hello Kitty desk fans (50% off.. can't remember the exact price though.. sorry about that). Also, some St. Ives stuff for $1.xx (50% off). If anyone wants more info on any of these items, let me know. I work again tomorrow.

Would like to THANK you for additonal info on clearance items.....would the St Ives clear pore cleanser be included in that 50% off?

Today too found Shark brand iron from 19.98 to 9.98.

childofsolitude:

How many of the 15" LCD TV's will be available on Sunday? Is it worth my driving 45 minutes to try to get one? I was unable to get one of the ones available on BF. What if I buy tomorrow then do a PA on Sunday? Is it out now?

I don't believe my store has a lot of the tv's. I even heard one of the managers today say that we don't have a lot of the sale items. If you really want one, I suggest you call your store and ask if they have any in stock. If they do, ask them to put one on hold for you. They can hold it for 24 hours. Get the tv tomorrow and do a price adjustment on Sunday or sometime next week. The problem with Sunday's sales is that a lot of people will be doing last minute shopping and I fear that a lot of the sale items will sell out very quickly.

dot2x-I'll check on the St. Ives tomorrow. I know we had two different kinds.. one was a blemish cream and I'm unsure what the other one was.

My target (in SW wa) has hardly any clearance items. I found some really good deals in toddler clothing $2.+ shirts and sweatpants. But I got a set of car seat covers... and told the checker that they were not the $39, that she rang them up at, that the sign under them said $20... and she adjusted the price with no question. This was a few days ago... then I went back today... a few more deals in the clearance sections (mostly womens pj/lingerie section). When I went to the seat cover section, I looked again at the tags on the shelf... and noticed... the ONE SEAT COVER deal was $20, the TWO were marked at $39. lol... I can't believe that chick had just believed me. Of course, the covers I bought were misplaced on the shelf, I believe, but I didn't know that at the time. Oh well... don't feel the least bit bad either.

Kristyn here reporting from Jacksonville Florida Target. Absolutely nothing good. The store seems to be taking a turn toward the yuppie side and I am not happy. In the past Target has always had my heart and soul, but, and this is hard to confess, lately I have been hanging out at Walmart. Oh God, that feels good just confessing. I will continue to check Target occasionally as I can never get it out of my blood completely. I know there a few people here in JAcksonville, just wanted to clarify that my Target is the San Jose location.

Does anyone have a record of the Chr-stmas markdown schedule from the past previous years? I know it's the one seasonal mark down that really differs for the usual 3/3/2 markdown. I haven't seen a schedule posted for this year yet, and would like to see if I can guess at one based on previous years markdowns.

I know 50% off will start on the 26th, although I think last year some stores actually started 50% off on the 24th. And I think it held at 50% for a good week, maybe two weeks, in previous years. But I really want to have an idea when 75% and 90% off will be.

Hey guys. My store's Christmas things went 30% off this morning (trees went 50%). Also, I was told that on Christmas Eve, the seasonal area will go 50% off (trees will be 75%) and that it would go to 75% off pretty quickly after that because my manager wants everything gone and we have a ton of Christmas stuff left. This might be true for other stores but don't quote me on that.

As for other clearance, there are more toys that are 30-50% off. I have to check on those. I will also check on the other clearance that I promised more info on.

Hey guys. My store's Christmas things went 30% off this morning (trees went 50%). Also, I was told that on Christmas Eve, the seasonal area will go 50% off (trees will be 75%) and that it would go to 75% off pretty quickly after that because my manager wants everything gone and we have a ton of Christmas stuff left. This might be true for other stores but don't quote me on that.

If you could find out if "pretty quickly" means the traditional 3 day seasonal mark down periods that the other seasonal mark downs follow, you would make posters all over the internet quite happy.

Past experience has shown that the Chr-stmas mark downs are usually more drawn out though.

However, many Targets have introduced a more rapid mark down schedule for seasonal items this year than has been traditionally followed, so perhaps Chr-stmas will go quicker.

Went to Orange Park FL target this morning... not much on clearance. They did have some 50% off bras, but none my size. They had the musical instruments but still only about 30% off; Also, They had those 'signed, limited edition' guitars (quite a few) for 30% off; Some purses, h&b products, and some ugly jewelry. Christmas trees appeared to be on 30% clearance. No other Christmas stuff on sale though.

The only thing I scored on was a pair of earrings. There amongst the ugly jewelry that was 30% was the cutest pair of copper colored hoops (the inside looked like copper lace) for 80% off.

As for other clearance, there are more toys that are 30-50% off. I have to check on those. I will also check on the other clearance that I promised more info on.

childofsolitude where are you in Florida?