Are you Stopping Yourselves from Buying BEFORE BF?

elena_398

Sunday, I got the Toys R Us ad with about 4 things I think my kids would love for christmas. Im just not sure if they will be cheaper come Black Friday or at least closer to christmas. Not sure if Toys R Us will price match if it does go on sale OR if Walmart or KB Toys will have it cheaper. Is anyone else second guessing themselves on whether or not to buy (toys in this case) before BF and the ads? Just not too sure what to do.

The good thing is most stores will have pretty big sales every week from now through Christmas, so even if you wait and it's not cheaper on BF, chances are you'll be able to get it during that month between BF and Christmas, especially if BF sales are low for certain retailers.

Put it in law-a-way now at Wal-mart using the ad ( law-a-way is free) and I think you can keep it in until Christmas. If you find it cheaper you can cancel the law-a-way and have them put it right back in with the new price if they won't price match the newer lower price. I did this last Christmas. Saved lots of money. I checked ads (on-line ads too) weekly and made them change the prices as I found them. I put a thread about it a day or so ago. I bet I saved $200.00 plus on one law-a-way for my son. I had about 20 leap pad books ( $15.00 ) and found them for $9.99 that was $5. on each of them plus on DVD's and PS2 games and movies. It was great and I didn't have to find a place to store it until the week before Christmas.

I have never done lay-away before. Good idea. Do you know how long you can keep it in there? I would love for them to store the toys instead of my little spies peeking! Thanks

It varies from store to store but most have to be out of there the week before Christmas. Some places have limited space too and have been known to close lay-away to new purchases when they run out of room so keep an eye out. Might not hurt to ask the people working back there how much room they have left so you have an idea about a time frame. Lay-away lines on BF can be long too.

If you find a deal, get it. I bought Season One of One Tree Hill for 18.88 at Target this week. Sure I'll take the risk of it being a BF deal, but I don't have to wait for it. I have it now and I save over 20 dollars.

Exactly. I couldn't believe they had those for that price. I have bought Gilmore Girls seasons 1-3 for my wife, and they were all ~$42 each. I think I'll wait on season 4 until they are that price again or my wife threatens to make me sleep in the car. ;)

I've already bought a bunch of stuff for my boys. With the Toys R Us/Amazon deals last week, they are getting a lot of Leap Frog for Christmas. :) And I'm watching every week. I don't think most of what I want will be a BF deal anyway, and if it is, I can always return the original.

My favorite deal so far: I had $30 in Circuit City gift cards I'd gotten for free (well, $10 was free, the other $20 I got for a dollar when I joined something then quit) this year. I took them in and had them price match the Gilmore Girls seasons 1 and 2. So I got 10% off of the $18.88 (which was $15.xx). I used the gift cards and got my SIL an awesome gift for less than $5 out of pocket! :)

Im hoping BRATZ goes on sale somewhere as my daughter is into them big now. I want the larger dolls. I saw them tonight at Walmart for $9.94

If you hurry on Amazon they have Bratz Buy two get one for free and alot of them have free shipping. I got three of the 5.29 Funk Out Bratz this week for 10.00 shipped. I just looked and the Funk Out Bratz are sold out but there are tons of other ones that are very cheap even the Bratz Pets. The Boy Bratz are 7.98 and you can get them Buy two Get one free. I would think that this sale will end tonight.

I think Im going over to Toys R Us to get some Bratz dolls (buy two get one free) and the science toys my son wants. They are a Toys R Us exclusive I found out so I better not wait for those prices. I have that coupon-$10 off any purchase of $50 or more also there

If I see a great deal, I go ahead and get it and just save the receipt. Can always return it if I find a better deal before Christmas. For example the B2G1F lego deals with free shipping at Amazon last week. And games are B1G1F this week with most having free shipping. Got the Star Wars light sabre and some kind of motorcross games for the tv for the price of what Walmart has for one. Doubt I'll find them cheaper than half price between now and then. :) Possible, but doubtful!

I just finished spending my amazon gift certificates this morning on the Hasbro buy 1 get 1 free games. They also had free shipping on the ATM bank my daughter wants for her birthday so I had to get that too. Hopefully I can get a Gamecube bundle on BF and I need another DVD player I might end up using my Circut City gift card from my Tivo for that.

If you find a deal, get it. I bought Season One of One Tree Hill for 18.88 at Target this week. Sure I'll take the risk of it being a BF deal, but I don't have to wait for it. I have it now and I save over 20 dollars.

Ditto! If you see a good deal, I say snag it. I'd kick myself if I waited and then it was gone or not at the same price.

I usually do alot of exchanging this time of year. If something is on sale and I can lay it away at Walmart I will do that. If not then I will buy the item on sale and keep the receipt with it. If I find it cheaper closer to christmas I will just rebuy and return the one I already have. This way I am sure to get the things I really want.

I never have before, but I noticed myself doing it last night...lol

Nero 7 is 19.99 A/R at outpost right now, and I have 6 for the upgrade rebate, but as I was thinking about it last night, I remembered having gotten it FAR a few years ago on BF, so I'll prolly wait just in case.

If I see something I absolutely gotta have now, then I will get it, but I can wait and see for Nero, it's not like I don't have ANY version already.

I have started buying things for Xmas already but I make sure to ask about the return policies and I save my receipts so that I can take the item back if I find it cheaper somewhere else or for price adjustments.:gd_pineap

I'm afraid if I see something and do not pick it I may have a hard time finding the item later especially down here - Our little town has had a population explosion from Hurricane Katrina and shopping is just crazy - Our poor Walmart can't keep anything in stock!