Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

They scan $.59, The packs of juice have no cardboard around them just the plastic shrink wrap.

You're lucky they sold it to you because those are the packs of juice that should be broken down to individual juice boxes and sold near the food court. I'm surprised they didn't catch that (considering how they've been over the last few months)

My store FINALLY marked down the pantene and the tresemme items 50% off. I had been watching all this stuff forever it seems! Also had marked down some juice pouches (Minute Maid) 50% off. Didn't find much of anything else......Had coupons for the pantene so that made those a sweet deal! :)

The $2 off listerine whitening coupon is back up on coupons.com for me-- thought I'd post in case anyone out there still has some in their stores on clearance.

Still showing $1 coupon fr me.... wh zip code did u use? sometimes it varies with it...thx

I overheard 2 markdown teams at 2 different stores today indicating that next week is going to be big because they are going to mark down all the patio furniture. Just a heads up to anyone who is watching it. Seems like it is a week or two early this year, but I don't keep it on the calendar. In any case, if you are stalking patio stuff, it starts next week.

Lots of food items down to 50% and more at 30% today. Had to go hit some of the stores with more food items. It varies so much from store to store! Missed all the good beer, unfortunately!! One of our stores apparent got their liquor license recently. So, SoCal stores, don't be surprised if you start seeing a small section of hard liquor next to the wine.

You're lucky they sold it to you because those are the packs of juice that should be broken down to individual juice boxes and sold near the food court. I'm surprised they didn't catch that (considering how they've been over the last few months)

We have a few clueless cashiers, we always try to go to their line.

I heard at ST today that the 5% discount for RedCard users, test marketed in the Kansas City area for several months now, will be offered nationwide this fall. Anyone else hear that?

Yes, I heard it a week or so ago. Can't say I am that thrilled, as I have about 40,000 points.

### Britax Roundabout DPCI: 030-09-1930 $49.98

The car seat was not marked with a clearance sticker.

I was lucky to find one today that was still marked only 30 percent off but scanned 49.98! YAY! The girls jeans I'm stalking still only 50 off! :(

Yes, I heard it a week or so ago. Can't say I am that thrilled, as I have about 40,000 points.

How does yours work? My points don't accumulate past 1000. When you hit 1000 points, you are sent a 10% off card automatically (good for 1 day use).

Found lots of "family" themed frames marked down 50% today. Also found another round of infant/toddler clothes marked down 30%. Not much else to report-- a few random "summer" things at 15%, so maybe we'll start to see more summer go on clearance in the coming weeks. All the market/pantry clearance is still stuck at 15 and some at 30 here.

How does yours work? My points don't accumulate past 1000. When you hit 1000 points, you are sent a 10% off card automatically (good for 1 day use).

If you spend more than $1000 in a month, they keep accumulating. We use it for our business, so we average $3000-$5000 per month. They will only issue a single 10% off card per month, so they keep accumulating.

My Target is pretty dead for clearance stuff. Here's what I saw - all toys and toddler/baby stuff was 30% off only (including Littlest Pet Shop stuff). The food clearance was 50% off (mostly progresso bowls soup, candy and single serve flavored water). There were only Britax Marathons on clearance. It was too heavy for me to scan but it was marked 30% (approx $227). H&B stuff was only 15% off. Really slim pickings there. There was only 1 rack of Men's wear for 30%, but the women's section had a lot of racks up to 50% off. Nothing really jumped out at me as being a good deal. Here's what I did pick up -

Toddler Blue Flip Flops $0.62 (75% off) (sizes S 5-6 and size M 7-8)

Lifesavers Hard Candy $0.93 (it was marked $1.14 at 50% off... $0.93 is odd number) - $0.75/1 printable mfg cpn = $0.18 (this cpn beeped)

Simply Lemonade $1.99 - $1 mfg cpn = $0.99 (not a sale but needed it)

I'm happy cause now I can take back the 2 pairs flip flops that I bought DD for $1.74 each while on vacation (and no tax here). These are more unisex and we're expecting a boy. Those pink flip flops were actually also there for the same price. They also had a lot of converse (?? I forgot the brand) type sneakers for girls at 30% off ($11.98 or something). And C9 sneakers for adults for $13.98 (30% off). Oh Patio Furniture had not been marked down yet here.

I keep meaning to post the hilarious find on clearance at Target. This was actually my teenage sons find (hopefully this is not too inappropriate for this thread, if so, please feel free to delete/move whatever).

We found a drink called "Bawls" (might not be pronouncing it right, but we are calling it balls here at our house)- it is a high caffeine type drink that comes in a four pack. The package not only says "Bawls" (the cans do too) but it also says "More Ounces, More Bounces" We bought it just to give as a joke to my stepdad for father's day, which BTW, he found totally hilarious. :D

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, I think it was around 3.19 for the four pack

I heard at ST today that the 5% discount for RedCard users, test marketed in the Kansas City area for several months now, will be offered nationwide this fall. Anyone else hear that?

Oh I hope so! I always save my 10% shopping passes for when I am in KC, so I can stack the 10% and 5%. I would love for the 5% to come to Springfield too!

If you spend more than $1000 in a month, they keep accumulating. We use it for our business, so we average $3000-$5000 per month. They will only issue a single 10% off card per month, so they keep accumulating.

Sad that you may not get all the 10% coups that you earned. However, by just spending $3,000 per month, you'd save $150 with the 5% (probably more considering you said you spend up to $5,000) over the course of the month. To save that with the 10% off pass, you'd have to spend $1500 in one day. Probably not hard for you to do if you have a business, and have a long list of everything you need to buy for when you have your pass, but possibly quite less of a hassle just getting the 5% discount each day that you shop and use your red card.

I personally really like that I don't have to wait for ONE day to (1) decide what exactly I need to buy at Target on that one day and (2) feel like I need to skip all around town taking advantage of it (which I know I DON'T have to do, but kinda felt like I should when I had my pass!)

Sad that you may not get all the 10% coups that you earned. However, by just spending $3,000 per month, you'd save $150 with the 5% (probably more considering you said you spend up to $5,000) over the course of the month. To save that with the 10% off pass, you'd have to spend $1500 in one day. Probably not hard for you to do if you have a business, and have a long list of everything you need to buy for when you have your pass, but possibly quite less of a hassle just getting the 5% discount each day that you shop and use your red card.

I personally really like that I don't have to wait for ONE day to (1) decide what exactly I need to buy at Target on that one day and (2) feel like I need to skip all around town taking advantage of it (which I know I DON'T have to do, but kinda felt like I should when I had my pass!)

No, no. I don't spend all that at Target. In fact, I've been pretty fed up with their card services and have stopped using it there except on my shopping days. On those days, I have spent more than $1000 before. So, it isn't going to be that great for me. I am shopping around for a better credit card. I just need to find the one I want. I've kept this card only because I have all those points racked up.

Cberrytech, I doubt they'll allow you to stack them. The 5% thing was only for people whose cards were registered to addresses there, not people visiting the store. It comes off at the credit card statement, not the receipt. But correct me if I'm wrong KC-Traderbear.

No, no. I don't spend all that at Target. In fact, I've been pretty fed up with their card services and have stopped using it there except on my shopping days. On those days, I have spent more than $1000 before. So, it isn't going to be that great for me. I am shopping around for a better credit card. I just need to find the one I want. I've kept this card only because I have all those points racked up.

Cberrytech, I doubt they'll allow you to stack them. The 5% thing was only for people whose cards were registered to addresses there, not people visiting the store. It comes off at the credit card statement, not the receipt. But correct me if I'm wrong KC-Traderbear.

Well, Redcard holders will eventually stop getting the certificates when the 5% goes into effect, but yes... I still had one left to use when the 5% marketing test went into effect, and they let me use it. The 5% is programed into the register, so cashiers don't have to scan anything for that. If you are traveling from out of town and you go to a store in KC with a rewards certificate, you can get 15% off. (Unless they've changed something. I haven't used a 10% certificate in awhile.) Also, I'm not sure that they've discontinued the pharmacy 10% certificate that I believe they give out after so many prescriptions. If that is still going on in KC, then there probably are people who still get those certificates if they fill prescriptions at Target. I don't fill our prescriptions there, so it doesn't apply to me.

r.

I see. I forget that it is a Visa and can be used everywhere. I only use my RedCard at Target, and forget that lots of people probably use it for many other places too.

Well, Redcard holders will eventually stop getting the certificates when the 5% goes into effect, but yes... I still had one left to use when the 5% marketing test went into effect, and they let me use it. The 5% is programed into the register, so cashiers don't have to scan anything for that. If you are traveling from out of town and you go to a store in KC with a rewards certificate, you can get 15% off. (Unless they've changed something. I haven't used a 10% certificate in awhile.) Also, I'm not sure that they've discontinued the pharmacy 10% certificate that I believe they give out after so many prescriptions. If that is still going on in KC, then there probably are people who still get those certificates if they fill prescriptions at Target. I don't fill our prescriptions there, so it doesn't apply to me.

Now THAT would be nice!

I was just in KC yesterday, and was able to use my 10% shopping pass, and received an additional 5% off at the register. I will miss the 10% shopping passes if the 5% goes nationwide, but given the choice, I would rather have the 5% off everyday.

Grocery and household markdowns were 50% off at my local store today (even though the signs still said 15%). They just redid the grocery section though, so they might be trying to move all the discontinued stuff out quickly. I bought some ziplocks, some parchment paper, and some food products (stuff I had coupons for, of course!). There were some strange random items, like a big bottle of sherry. I *think* some of the pet stuff also went 50%, it was mostly canned cat & dog food. Saw some baby clearance at 30%, only a couple larger items (a travel system was one of them).

I really like the Amazon Visa. If you haven't checked that one out yet, it's worth looking at. I like getting my rewards to Amazon.com bc you can buy just about anything there.