Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Two major pieces of news...

First, I found my first two MP juice box packs. So that was awesome!

And the big one...

The Backugan Balls have been marked down!!!! Yes, we thought it would never happen, but today was the day. However, they were marked down to $8.xx, which is not 75% off...closer to 66% off. Weird.

The table and chair sets were all gone today...must have been marked down yesterday or the day before. :(

The Backugan Balls have been marked down!!!! Yes, we thought it would never happen, but today was the day. However, they were marked down to $8.xx, which is not 75% off...closer to 66% off. Weird.

The table and chair sets were all gone today...must have been marked down yesterday or the day before. :(

LOL! I have been in an area without a Target store for the last few days (Santa Barbara - no Targets or Walmarts in the whole county), so I can't report anything. But, I think I can explain the Bakugan thing. Somehow rather than go all the way down, they got tabbed as full price at various prices around the country even though they had gone into the clearance cycle back in the last round of markdowns. So, I've seen them at full price, $24.99 & 30% off or $17.98 here. And others have reported them stuck at $12.48. If they have re-entered the clearance cycle for summer clearance, then they would start at 30% again, so that would come off the price the system thought of as full price, or $8.74, $12.58 and $17.48, depending on where you are. So, if others check, you can confirm my theory. I'll check tomorrow when I go to the store.

What day are markdowns done on the baby section? There is a decent baby clearance coming up right? Or do they do that at a different time now? Sorry for all the questions I killed my PP addiction and am a bit rusty on all this. I'm expecting # 2 in September so the more deals I can find the better. Were doing the registry this weekend, the shower is in a month and I don't want to register for a bunch of stuff that will go on clearance and people won't be able to find either!

The baby clearance is on now. My stores vary between 15% off and 30% off. Most of our stores here mark do markdowns in that dept on Mondays.......one usually has it done first thing in the morning and the others don't do it till afternoon.....good luck! I was able to get some awesome deals......

My store only is at 15% and 30% and the selection is weak. Another store had nothing in baby marked at all. We're also expecting #2 (different gender) but we're not going to have another shower. In the last 2 baby clearances, I was never able to get anything good. I'm hopefully for this year since I have a little more time to hunt but I'm dragging a toddler with me. I've seen bibs and socks and some clothes, but nothing that I would buy yet. Luckily, I discovered that DD actually had a lot of gender neutral or boy onsies as an infant so I can recycle those. ;)

Found 2 different types of Maybelline mascara marked 1.24 and 1.48 (75% off), Lash Stiletto Waterproof (red tube) and The Colossal Volum' waterproff (yellow tube). They have the same mascaras full price too, but the difference is these have 4.99 and 5.99 printed on the packaging in the top left corner (it's big, you can't miss it). Also, my store finally marked the light pink and white glittered ballet flats to 75% off!! I think some others did that a while back, but mine apparently just went this week and there is still half an endcap full today. Unfortunately the size I needed for my youngest were all gone, but I got a pair in each color for my 5 year old and a pair for a bday gift.

Several stores in my area are remodeling, so they are getting to be rather different in what they are putting on clearance. Today I went to two stores to start stalking the kids clothes markdowns:D. One store had put tons of shoes already 50% to 75% off! The other store nothing past 30%. Both stores area already missing the patio furniture. I don't know why since I did not see it get past 30%. One store has already set up back-to-school supplies in its place.

Kids shoes 75% off:

###093021660 cr dashiel $3.24

###093096717 circo hedya $4.98

###093096719 circo hedya $4.98

###093092246 hello kitty sandal $3.74

###093091681 xhil necole sandal $4.24

###093091170 xhil hedda $3.74

50% off:

###093081845 c9 prentice tennis shoe $10.98 - great back to school find for my boy

###098040127 swiss gear men's sandals - $17.48 was $34.xx - I really liked these and did not want to chance not finding his size!

also found a LED pool night light for grandma's pool 75% off: ###091110698 $12.48. This was regular price at the other store I went to.

What is ironic is that AFTER I came home the mail contained my 10% off day target card!!!!!

At the Target in Murrieta, CA they also had the Maybelline mascara marked 1.24 and 1.48 (75% off), Lash Stiletto Waterproof (black tube) and The Colossal Volum' waterproff (yellow tube). I bought one of each, I usually wear MAC but for that pirce I will try it! They had Kleenex 3 pck 50% off. The toys on clearence were 30% off. Womans clothing were 30-75% off, most 30%... but I got 3 tanks for $3 a piece at 75% off. Patio sets were 50% off except for one, I saw someone post it on here earlier, it is 75% off. I am going to hold off on patio sets, Im going to Cabo for two weeks and if there is any "set" left at least 75% off I will then consider buying it, if I have money left. :) I am still holding out for that pool... 50% or more

My Target is currently undergoing renovations to modernize and to expand the grocery section. While nice, that unfortunately meant that they moved the toy clearance to two dedicated aisles that ANYONE can see! NOOOO!

I saw a Tonka truck at 50% off I just couldn't pull the trigger on. I hope it's still there when I swing by again either Tuesday or Wednesday. I did pick up some "reusable" gift bags which I just plan to use as shopping bags for 74 cents, and a tray for 2 dollars.

tickle me elmo hands were in clearance but still 20.9x. i'll have to try next friday just before nephews bday

I saw the Tickle Me Elmo hands a couple days ago at Wal-Mart for $10. They were in they're regular spot with a big red clearance tag underneath them that said 10.00. I know Wal-Marts are very different everywhere, but if you need them then it might be worth it to check there.

Just curious... Did anyone happen to purchase the Elegance Fire Pit? I got one the other day and it was meant to be the display model, but was never removed from the box. I've searched the web and can't seem to find it anywhere (including Target.com). It was clearanced for $32.49 :) I just want to make sure that everything that was supposed to be included is here.

Just curious... Did anyone happen to purchase the Elegance Fire Pit? I got one the other day and it was meant to be the display model, but was never removed from the box. I've searched the web and can't seem to find it anywhere (including Target.com). It was clearanced for $32.49 :) I just want to make sure that everything that was supposed to be included is here.

Hmmm, curious. You might try searching google with the UPC or search for the manufacturer.

Thanks for posting about the Energizer batteries, I found several packs with Monsters vs Ailiens and Kung Fu Panda toys in them for 75% in Winchester, VA yesterday. I am now stocked up on batteries for quite a while. :)

The baby clearance here in St Louis is looking pretty sad. Most of the gear is gone at only 15 off. Not a great deal, but I wasn't risking not getting the Circo baby bedding I wanted so that was 30 off. Other than that I haven't found anything in my travels.

For those adorable Ministar baby shoes that were posted, are they in the shoe or baby section?

Please post if anyone sees the Circo kids bedding go 75% off. I have yet to see better than 50%. I am looking at the Octopus themed comforter and sham set that is mostly blue. TIA!

I saw the Circo kids bedding curtains go to 75%... $4something. They were the more sheer ones with sea animals I think. It was at the oceanside ca target, which never has anything more that 15% off! I have come to realize that the Targets with the higher dollar spenders int he areas dont go past 30%, usually stay at 15%... It seems those people jump at a small discount.

Baby Clearance at the Northwood store today.

I didn't pay attention to anything below 50% but I got tons of stuff at 75%.

I have a new nephew and a niece due with a baby girl so this was really great for me!

My best finds were:

1.####030 10 0326 Fisher Price Little Buttons Overhead Gym/Tummy-time Fun Was $44.99 now $11.24 (75% off)

2. ####030 04 0510 The First Years 4-In-1 Potty Training System Was $15.99 now $3.98 (75% off)

###Many Little Einsteins and Bright Beginnings toys were $1.24.

###6 pack of socks and a few clothes were $1.24 too.

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for perimeterperusing.com

I went yesterday and didn't find much other than the usual 4th of July shirts and skorts in the girls clothing marked 50% off. I was confused though as they didn't mark down the infants 4th of July clothing? Seems if I remember right, they had the same type of tags.......(I checked two different stores and both were that way?) Our baby items (strollers/carseats/highchairs) still holding at 15-30 off. Edited by 1angelnhvn

Checked some more places. One Target had quite a few toys at 50 off. Matchbox sets, imaginext batman, wooden thomas the train sets, and I didn't pay attention to any girl stuff, sorry! This store had 2 isles of baby clearance that wasn't marked yet at the other store. But everything was still only 15 or 30 off. The ministar shoes were in the baby section but all regular priced at the store I checked yesterday (Kirkwood, Mo)

Hoping to find that tummy time mat at 75 now :)

Bought a beautiful set of four Smith and Hawken patio chairs! They were originally $599 but marked down 75% to $149.90!!!! Had a $70 prepaid Mastercard from when we bought some tires and $25 from selling my old chairs on Craigslist so really got the chairs for 60 bucks!! Yeah!!!!!!

###009-00-2441 Smith and Hawken patio chairs, set of 4 $149.90 at 75% off

They are still on the web for $539. I bought them at the Lynchburg, Va store and at the time, the only other things at 75% in patio were the little kids' picnic tables, marked down to $12.48.

Edited by Gator Pam
edited for perimeterperusing.com

Stopped at Target yesterday. Girls Circo jeans $2.48 a pair, girls shirts 75% off, and snagged 2 remote control vehicles at 50% off. Was hoping the vehicles would be 75% but didn't want to chance it because they only had one of each style. Two Christmas gifts out of the way. ;)

###087-05-0088 NCF New Brig $12.74

###087-05-0627 NCF New $34.98

Edited by pottsie66
added info