Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Have been to all 3 stores within driving distance. At all 3 stores (both Winchester VA stores and the Martinsburg WV store) all the clearance legos were pretty much wiped out. I did score at all 3 stores in the summer/july 4th clearance though. I got 2 of the really nice big lined picnic baskets for $7 a piece, and the oversized picnic blankets for $7. Then I racked up on the plastic cups, plates, the pretty napkins etc. All of which are going into the picnic baskets along with the picnic blankets and put back for really cool picnic sets for Christmas presents. I also picked up a Step 2 water table for 50%. I would have rather waited for 75% but there was only one. There were several of the Step 2 sand and water tables, and the Step 2 foldable picnic tables as well.

Finally I can post some good clearance deals. All of our summer clearance was 75% off- although the sign was only for 50%. I got several pretty summer paper plates & matching napkins for 37 cents each. several 108 count up & up plastic forks/spoons/knives for 74 cents, a big pink bowl with plastic tumblers to match(4 in a pack) 75 cents, also a pink pitcher with a removable freeze thing in the middle- 1.75, a sunbeam ice tea maker for 4.99, a couple of summer toys- mini playground balls(3 in pack) and a oversize ball and bat for 99 cent each. ummm... of yeah, also got a 3 pack of Dentyne pure for 79 cents (w/$1 off coupon) and a couple of packs of pepperidge farm deli flats for 1.39 after 60 cent coupons. All in all a great day, got like 5 huge bags of stuff for only 16.xx. :D Our picnic baskets and ice cream makers are not even on sale, I scanned them to make sure. Whats up with that? Forgot to add, silicon ice cube trays in cute summer shapes- lemons, watermelons, stars- 75 cents. Edited by lukesmom01

I will be vacationing in Orlando Florida next week does anybody on here know where some of the targets are there? I will be staying on Canada Ave. I'm not too far from seaworld. I hope the toys don't go next week but just to be safe I want to know where some are. TIA

I will be vacationing in Orlando Florida next week does anybody on here know where some of the targets are there? I will be staying on Canada Ave. I'm not too far from seaworld. I hope the toys don't go next week but just to be safe I want to know where some are. TIA

I think you and I are both doomed! I'll be in San Diego and even though I know where the Targets are, I don't think I'll have time.

I think you and I are both doomed! I'll be in San Diego and even though I know where the Targets are, I don't think I'll have time.

I don't know. The toy clearance has always been after Comic Con. I haven't missed either yet!

I don't know. The toy clearance has always been after Comic Con. I haven't missed either yet!

Me either, but I think we are going to see it a bit early this year. I hope not, but I have a bad feeling about it this year. With all the local stores starting their remodels, I think they will go a little earlier than usual. They are supposed to move the toy department in the 2 closest stores this coming week (according to the logistics managers there).

Me either, but I think we are going to see it a bit early this year. I hope not, but I have a bad feeling about it this year. With all the local stores starting their remodels, I think they will go a little earlier than usual. They are supposed to move the toy department in the 2 closest stores this coming week (according to the logistics managers there).

what day you think it will be.. . thursday???? we too are headed to San Diego on Friday....

We were in San Diego for Comic Con last year and the first wave of 75% occurred during that week. I remember well because I had to buy extra luggage to pack some of my finds from a local Target. The following Thursday we were home and there was another wave of 75% markdowns here in Texas, so the markdowns may span both weeks, or maybe I was in the right place at the right time. I did notice that there were several items I purchased in California that never went down in Texas, so squeezing in the shopping trip was worth it (even though I missed a couple of panels;)). Hope you have fun at Comic Con this year AND score the markdowns. You too, lovetoshopCA.

what day you think it will be.. . thursday???? we too are headed to San Diego on Friday....

We were in San Diego for Comic Con last year and the first wave of 75% occurred during that week. I remember well because I had to buy extra luggage to pack some of my finds from a local Target. The following Thursday we were home and there was another wave of 75% markdowns here in Texas, so the markdowns may span both weeks, or maybe I was in the right place at the right time. I did notice that there were several items I purchased in California that never went down in Texas, so squeezing in the shopping trip was worth it (even though I missed a couple of panels;)). Hope you have fun at Comic Con this year AND score the markdowns. You too, lovetoshopCA.

Interesting! I didn't miss anything I wanted last year, so it could be that the first wave will still be stuff I don't want, or that is still there on Friday. I'm only going for preview night till Friday late afternoon. I don't like being there for the weekend. Yes, Thursday is the day I was thinking given how crazy it has been at our stores. Hiding won't likely work for me, either, since they are rearranging the store and it could end up anywhere...I guess we'll just have to see.

Washout at my store today. The toys are mostly 50% here now but there is absolutely NOTHING we have to have!

They had taken all the summer clearance off the shelf already :(

I did find the 2 pack sunbeam ice cream mixes (chocolate and vanilla) for 1.24 (was 4.99)

sunbeam snow cone cups with stirrers 0.74 was 2.99

Lemonade stand banner (ADORABLE!) 0.49 was 1.99

Do they usually clearance out the "Summer" brightly colored bedding and sheet sets end of summer? I would really like the lime green blanket but am stubbornly hoping they mark that stuff down and get in fall/winter colors

Interesting! I didn't miss anything I wanted last year, so it could be that the first wave will still be stuff I don't want, or that is still there on Friday. I'm only going for preview night till Friday late afternoon. I don't like being there for the weekend. Yes, Thursday is the day I was thinking given how crazy it has been at our stores. Hiding won't likely work for me, either, since they are rearranging the store and it could end up anywhere...I guess we'll just have to see.

The one store where I found decent Lego is resetting for a 4 MONTH remodel, so no stashing. I actually bought a set at 30% off!! Pains me to think about it, but it was the only one in a 30 mile radius.

We're only doing the Con Sat and Sun (Glee!) this year, so I'll be at Target Thursday to scope things out....

Had an awesome day today thanks to one of my Targets not changing their signage! I went to the first Target and their stuff was 75% off and GONE. I mean...there was like half a shelf on an endcap left. I was bummed. Went to the other one and they had a whole aisle marked at 30% off! I knew better and scanned it and sure enough...75% off! Got the ice cream maker, snow cone stuff, a ride-on pool toy orca, and a bunch of squishy lizards and snakes (look in the toy section for these, too...I found 5/6 of them in with the other squishy animals...look for the blue tag instead of the yellow circle one). There were still 10 of the ice cream makers on the shelf for $6.24!

The shoe clearance is weird...one of my stores has 3 aisles of clearance shoes. The other has NONE other than a few on the endcaps.

Does anyone that found the paper plates have any additional info? Pictures, descriptions or DCPI #, can really use these for VBS and donations to the classrooms. Thanks so much!!

Was able to find the napkins with the regular ones and still marked at full price scanned 0.74!

Does anyone that found the paper plates have any additional info? Pictures, descriptions or DCPI #, can really use these for VBS and donations to the classrooms. Thanks so much!!

Was able to find the napkins with the regular ones and still marked at full price scanned 0.74!

I only got the dinner & snack paper plates that had the napkins to match. There were several other patterns but

###The ones I got had different color polka dots with a flower in one of the polka dots- DPCI was 240 09 0509 (snack plate) and was orig. 1.50, I got for 37 cents.

###The dinner plates have a pink edge with an off center flower on them- DPCI was 240 09 0512 orig. 1.50, now 37 cents.

It was really weird because they had other plates and napkins that were in with the clearance plates that were scanning full price. But luckily I scored about 4 packs of plates and 4 packs of napkins. HTH!

Edited by Gator Pam
formatted for perimeterperusing.com

I only got the dinner & snack paper plates that had the napkins to match. There were several other patterns but the ones I got had different color polka dots with a flower in one of the polka dots- DPCI was 240 09 0509 (snack plate) and was orig. 1.50, I got for 37 cents. The dinner plates have a pink edge with an off center flower on them- DPCI was 240 09 0512 orig. 1.50, now 37 cents. It was really weird because they had other plates and napkins that were in with the clearance plates that were scanning full price. But luckily I scored about 4 packs of plates and 4 packs of napkins. HTH!

Thanks!!

90% off of the "summer" items today...

Some of the items I grabbed today included:

Cookie Cutters 0.29

Icecream maker $2.49

UP Napkins 0.29

Chalk

Tee Ball Set 0.99

Soccer Ball Set 0.69

Bubbles

Squishy Animals 0.29

Skip It 0.69

and much more, spent about $17.00 and saved over $150... =)

Sorry I don't have my reciept in front of me or I would post the numbers and other stuff I bought.... I found alot of it in the toy section and the napkins in the regular napkin section... good luck everyone!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/KatieLynn011/001.jpg

(This is not everything, the rest is still in my car!)

Edited by Katie811
Added Photo

My target is AWFFUL! I could cry! Toys are 30% Some that most of you are finding aren't even marked down at all. Summer was completely wiped out in 1 day, don't even think they marked it down, just removed it!

you live on the coast? because it sounds alot like the only target in my area

90% off of the "summer" items today...

Some of the items I grabbed today included:

Cookie Cutters 0.29

Icecream maker $2.49

UP Napkins 0.29

Chalk

Tee Ball Set 0.99

Soccer Ball Set 0.69

Bubbles

Squishy Animals 0.29

Skip It 0.69

and much more, spent about $17.00 and saved over $150... =)

Sorry I don't have my reciept in front of me or I would post the numbers and other stuff I bought.... I found alot of it in the toy section and the napkins in the regular napkin section... good luck everyone!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/KatieLynn011/001.jpg

(This is not everything, the rest is still in my car!)

My store had summer stuff marked 75%. The one item I bought - a football - rang up at 75%. Strange that they didn't all get marked down at the same time. Did your store have 4th of July at 90% yet?

My store had summer stuff marked 75%. The one item I bought - a football - rang up at 75%. Strange that they didn't all get marked down at the same time. Did your store have 4th of July at 90% yet?

I haven't seen any 4th of July items, at all. Not sure what happened to them, or if they even went to 75%? my store did the summer items, 75% on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, then they went 90% on Tuesday at 8a.m.

Flint, MI went 90% today on their summer stuff. I found a ton of stuff in the regular aisles that rang up 90% off. I got 4 Sunbeam ice cream makers (2 of them were the gel ones) for $2.49ea, and they were on an endcap in the regular appliance aisle. Also grabbed the rock salt and mixes that went with it. 3 of the Bonzai water blaster guns for .99ea, lots of sand toys for .29ea, rubber snakes for .29ea, 2 large beverage tubs for 2.00ea, small bev tub for 1.49, towel for 1.00, crayola chalk for .48ea, a frisbee game for 2.24, horse shoe game for 2.00, princess puzzle sets and card games, also .29ea. Fun stuff!!

I just got back and got four bags full of hidden stuff (stuff put out in the regular aisles, not stuff I hid, hehehe) for 21 bucks! Most of what I got was already posted. I was able to get a nice flag case for my DH's friend's flag who passed away a few years ago (my dh took care of his arrangements and stuff when he passed)! It's been stowed in our curio cabinet and think it needed a more 'proper' home! So I'm excited to get home today and give it to my DH! Our summer stuff was 90 off too! Woohoo! Best trip I've had in a WHILE!!! Though, most of it I didn't even need !hehehehe!!! (as usual)

I found a shag rug for $17.48 (75% off), an ice cream maker for the $2.xx, some sand toys for around .60, some summer clothes for girls 4t for .75 (tanks and shorts). The store had two aisles of shoes at 30% with a few at 50%. They also had their baby items (pack n plays and high chairs, etc.) at 15%. Hopefully those go down more. Our toys were 30-50%. They had lots left, so hopefully it goes more.

I found a shag rug for $17.48 (75% off), an ice cream maker for the $2.xx, some sand toys for around .60, some summer clothes for girls 4t for .75 (tanks and shorts). The store had two aisles of shoes at 30% with a few at 50%. They also had their baby items (pack n plays and high chairs, etc.) at 15%. Hopefully those go down more. Our toys were 30-50%. They had lots left, so hopefully it goes more.

Baby stuff here has been stuck at 15 and 30 off for weeks with no movement! (at least a month now)