Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2010

Brad

Yes, I checked Rockford, IL target, sometimes it goes on a Wednesday and nope, still 30 to 50. However, the kitchen stuff all went 75. I got some little frying pans for like a single egg for 4 and 5 bucks. There were some nice pot and pan sets that were 75 off. Some good deals there.

I saw 3 playskool sit and spin on saturday and they scanned full price and when I went in today there were none. I asked a manager and she told me they had sold out. I am very new to target perimeter perusing and am confused now, would they have clearanced them between sat and today?

I don't think that it will be tomorrow because for last year there were tons of people reporting back that there's went 75 on Wed, and then ours went on Thurs. However, I hope that I'm wrong and just in case I'm going to be there bright and early. I could use the kitchen stuff too though since we are buying a house, so it'll be worth it to check out that stuff!

Checked the Mission Target in KC and they are still 30-50%. Found TONS of great deals in shoes, though...all 75% off.

### Girls silver ballet Flats: $3.74

### Girls Red patent "leather" flats: $3.74

### Boys navy tennis shoes: $4.74

Also found the boys footed fleece pajamas for $3.24. These are still marked at $9.08 at this store, but scan for $3.24!

someone was looking for a toy kitchen. It was on a high shelf, so I couldn't see it, but there was a Step 2 kitchen in the clearance toys at one store. I *think* it was this one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sORp6A7KL._AA260_.jpg

Definitely had Lifestyle in the name, but they have at least 3 with that in the name. If it is this one, the DPCI from the website is 204-09-0084

Just got back from 2 different Targets in Fort Worth. I had checked toys in each store on both Monday and Tuesday (50%). I checked both stores this morning and there is a completely empty aisle in each and the toys - except for a few on another aisle - are not there. I had been watching one store that had 10 of the Tonka driving toy and 6 of the Fisher Price Shop and Learn at 50%.

I'm pretty sure they pulled the toys and took them to the back room to mark. That's the only thing that makes sense. No way they sold 10 or one toy and 6 of the other overnight.

Question is, will they go back on the floor today at 75% or tomorrow??????

Also in the same store, there was new markdown baby stuff going out - some stuff I didn't get on Monday. The clerk said, you need to check back after Monday, because we keep putting stuff out till it's gone. She also said they sometimes pull stuff to mark in the back room.

I'm checking Dallas Targets today and will post later.

Our store actually pulled toys off the shelf last year that never made it to 75% and never reappeared. I had been watching a Lionel train set that never went past 30%. My store had about 12 of them on the shelves on January 14th.....and then on the 15th when 75% started they had disappeared (and I was the first one in the store). When I asked a Manager he said that some of the toy manufacturers have them pull the toys and return them rather than mark them down to 75%. I did end up getting the Lionel Polar Express G Gauge train for 50%...but it was not the one I really wanted and had stalked for weeks and weeks. :(

I saw 3 playskool sit and spin on saturday and they scanned full price and when I went in today there were none. I asked a manager and she told me they had sold out. I am very new to target perimeter perusing and am confused now, would they have clearanced them between sat and today?

There are some sit n spins that are full price because they are in the "new" box. They just changed the picture on the box. So hard to tell which stores will have the sit in spin on clearance because I've called to find out which stores might have one using the DCPI, and I ended up seeing them at stores that I was told sold out on them. Just have to be lucky.

Not sure if the ones you saw were the old or new packaged ones. Sorry, can't answer your question, but just wanted to let people know that there are new packaged ones that are full price.

Still 30-50% here in SC as well! Last year today was the day we went 75% at my store. I am hoping it will be tomorrow. My Mom thinks she'll get off work early and be able to watch the kids for me while I'm shopping so that I can slip some things past them. Not too much that I'm hoping to get. I'm sure I'll impulse buy when I see 75% though! I'm trying hard not to buy too many toys. The kids have so much already.

I did find lots of sippy cups at 50% though! They were busy putting out new baby clothes, but one of the women offered to scan a cup for me to see if it would be marked down further today. It wasn't, but that was very sweet of her. Here's what I picked up:

###030050967 Munchkin brand Spongebob Insulated Spill proof cups 2pk 9oz was $6.54 now $3.27

###030050473 Munchkin brand Spongebob Insulated Straw cup 9oz single cup was $4.99 now $2.48

###030050188 Playtex brand Twist 'n Click with straw was $4.99 now $2.34

###030050154 Graduates fun grips soft starter w/ easy grip handles was $3.99 now $1.98

###031038860 Cherokee 2T girls shirt was $6.00 now $2.10

Still 30 and 50% off here too. Hoping tomorrow will be the day... one store here doesn't have much left that I'm interested in though. Went to a different one today, and they had much more so that will be the one I hit.

I did manage to find one of the sit and spins today- had the coupon so it was .98. Also found 2 of the mini "don't break the ice" games from Christmas. Rang in as INF, but cashier let me have them for .39 each- I sort of figured that they wouldn't sell them to me, but no problem.

I am doing the happy dance! I found many things in housewares today!

Here are some 75%

###070 02 1114 6 cu pyrex storage $2

###070 05 0721 Kitchenaid 5 pc gadget set $9.37

###070 05 2695 Oxo softworks cutting board $3.62

###070 05 2293 Flat grater kitchenaid $1.58

###070 05 4412 Epicura pizza cutter 1.24

###070 05 025 OXO softworks 22 kitchen tool set reg $50 $12.50

###070 01 2103 Paul deen skillet 12" $11.98 was $48

###Tfal 12.5 fry pan $6+ was $25

I also got last set of calphalon pans $50

###Corningware bake set -white, I think 1.5 and 2.5 qt with lids was $40 for $10

many collanders some $2 and some $5, many other gadgets like slotted and regular spoons

I was so excited as I had been watching a few of these things...and now my niece is going to get some great stuff, just hope she appreciates it...Woooo hooooo and the clerks at Target were so nice today in the Canton area, she scanned and smiled with my joy lol...

Edited by Gator Pam

Reporting from San Jose CA!

No go on the 75% off on the toys at my store, they are still at 50%. I will go back tomorrow to try for one of the geo trax zoo train sets. As mentioned above there were great deals in the baby department. Crib bedding was as low as $3.98 per sheet, undies, sippy cups, feeding, pacifiers, potty training, Johnson and Johnson gift sets, etc. There was at least two items on clearance in each category. Good Luck fellow bargain hunters!

Noone knows where the coupons are? Are they gone forever?:no: The toy ones! I printed out almost all of them BUT the monty rex coupon and they have 3 at my store! I wish I had one!! Anyone know anything about it?

I forgot to mention they had some:

Camcorders & Cameras 30-50% off today

Baby items 50%

Toys 30-50%

Kitchen things 75% (got a bunch for christmas gifts)

Frames (including nice sets) 75%

Spoke to one of the price change team today and she confirmed what someone else reported that it looks like they will be marking toys on Friday. We chatted and I commented that they were trying to keep us on our toes. She said "yeah, they've been moving all the departments around a lot lately." She meant in terms of markdown. So, they seem to be, at minimum, experimenting with changing up the day of the week that they are doing them. So, though I'll be there tomorrow morning because I always am, it looks like Friday morning.

Spoke to one of the price change team today and she confirmed what someone else reported that it looks like they will be marking toys on Friday. We chatted and I commented that they were trying to keep us on our toes. She said "yeah, they've been moving all the departments around a lot lately." She meant in terms of markdown. So, they seem to be, at minimum, experimenting with changing up the day of the week that they are doing them. So, though I'll be there tomorrow morning because I always am, it looks like Friday morning.

I'd say it's one of those things where it could be either day for most of us. The price change team member (well 2 because I was talking to both of them) I talked to told me tomorrow. I will be there bright and early again tomorrow and hope she is right.

Here's what I saw... The Playskool Musical Sit N Spin is the one that's on clearance. They now have this Sit N Spin that's called Favorites Sit N Sping (might still play music - I'm not sure), that was not discount in my store and is regular price. My coupon was for the musical Sit N Spin so I know my store wouldn't have let me use it on the favorites on, even if by chance it's just new packaging and new name.

I'd say it's one of those things where it could be either day for most of us. The price change team member (well 2 because I was talking to both of them) I talked to told me tomorrow. I will be there bright and early again tomorrow and hope she is right.

Yeah, I hope so too as I had planned for tomorrow. I have returns to make too, so I'll go visit some stores farther away and buy at 50% if they still have stuff I want. I can always return it at the local store and try to get it back. I can't get back around to the other stores Friday, so better than nothing...

Well darn...I am hoping for tomorrow still. I will be driving to Florida on Friday. I wonder how upset my dh would be if I delayed our trip Friday just to check out the toys? :rolleyes:

There are some sit n spins that are full price because they are in the "new" box. They just changed the picture on the box. So hard to tell which stores will have the sit in spin on clearance because I've called to find out which stores might have one using the DCPI, and I ended up seeing them at stores that I was told sold out on them. Just have to be lucky.

Not sure if the ones you saw were the old or new packaged ones. Sorry, can't answer your question, but just wanted to let people know that there are new packaged ones that are full price.

The ones I saw were the old ones for sure, jus found it strange that they were all gone today.....thanks for replying anyways

Noone knows where the coupons are? Are they gone forever?:no: The toy ones! I printed out almost all of them BUT the monty rex coupon and they have 3 at my store! I wish I had one!! Anyone know anything about it?

I know that they are no longer available on the coupons.com site. Did you look on the Playskool website? I think they might have had it on there at one point too. I hope you can find one.

Checked the Wooddale and Schaumburg Illinois Target's this morning and they are still 30-50% off, will check again tomorrow morning.

Forgot to add: both stores where rearranging the toy department, when I asked when they were going to 75% off of course they said that they didn't know but it was probably going to be tomorrow.