Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

Well I got everything I wanted I have just some small stories.

I went to office depot for the $19.99 netgear wireless router I was like the 60th person in line and was talking to and older man that was there for a $400 dollar laptop that I told him he might get and I told him what I was there for and I guess he decided to get it too.:eek:

Well he beat me too it I got there and he was taking the last one.lol:rolleyes:

I went to the other office depot near me and got it there.:)

Then at home depot I wanted to get the $19.99 wet-dry vacuum and the $0.99 poinsettia.

Well the poinsettia's were going fast and the vacuums were going as fast as they could bring them out 12 at a time.:eyepoppin nothing crazy:)

Then poor ACE for the $19.99 18V cordless drill and the $9.99 dremel tool kit.

I felt bad there was 4 people + me in the whole store.:(

Lesson learned unless you in the front of the line don't tell anybody what your getting.lol:eek::yup:

my day started at walmart at 4am, they only had 16 fur real puppies and tons of people milling about, so i decited that it was time to "reconnect" with a lady that I went to high school with that I noticed was standing close enough to reach them, we slid the quanity we need between the two of us close and got what we needed when it was time, finished up in toys and moved on to clothes, of course they where already out of almost everything, but I picked up a few things and was at kmart (20 min drive) by 6:30, kmart was fabulous, it was packed, but everyone was calm and polite and i easily got everything i needed, finished up with a few mall stores and got everything on my list.........worst things about the day, walmarts crazy asile roping off so you couldn't get through and the long line to check out at gamestop because the cashiers where trying to chat and upsell everyone like it was a regular day :eyepoppin all in all it was a good year and I am ready for next year.......

We get to walmart at 12:30 there is only around 15 people int he store (yay!!!!!!!) so I go find out where the $198 laptop is going to be and get in line. I rarely ever do walmart because I had my leg broken one year there on BF. Well we are standing in and the lady comes and counts us out and says everyone after #28 can leave the line because they only have 28 laptops. I thought that was nice of her that way those people could get in other lines for things they needed. Well at about 3 am she goes down the line and hands everyone a numbered ticket BUT tells us we still can not leave the line because they will bring the laptops out and hand them to us in exchange for the tickets and even if we have a ticket if we are not there when they bring them out she will give to the next person wanting one. So okay, im thinking no problem because Ive cased the store and know where all the other things I want are (board games and $3 pajamas). So all of a sudden at 330 am they start taking all of the plastic off the BF items and bringing out the pallets. By now the store is crowded, and people are snatching up all of the black friday items that werent ticketed. Everyone in the line is asking can we please leave the line since we have tickets since they put the items out early. She continues to say no. By 4:30 EVERYTHING is gone!!!!!! and guess what WE STILL WERE STANDING IN LINE!!!! Even the people who came for TV's have them and are standing in line waiting for 5 am to come. Did I mention they brung the pallet of laptops out at 4:40 ish and still refused to give them to us. They did not start handing out the laptops until 5:11 on the dot. Another walmart employee had come by at like 4:50 and was like "Do you want help handing them out so you can get it done" and the old asshole of a man who was over the line sad "Nahhhh they can wait it out" and laughed a little bit. I was extremly annoyed and pissed off.

Once I got my laptop I got inline and waited for 2.5 hours to check out because the lines were so backed up because everyone had gotten thier things before 4:30 and were already inline just waiting for 5 am to hit.

we must have been at the SAME WALMART!! only i was in a tv line.... we were not allowed out of line either and everything not a ticket was also being grabbed..... by the time 5am rolled around and I got my tv I missed out on many other items since people were able to grab whatever wasnt ticketed~ I also hated the fact that there was no way to get another doorbuster item you had to pick the one you wanted and that was it. we had xboxes in our tv line but you could not get a ticket for both just one etc...

i really didnt like it this year since i missed out on rock band, the chair, and many other items... i also hated all that taped off areas --there was no way to move about...

My experience was fun! My best guy friend & I went shopping together & we met at my house at about 3:00. My mom, my sis, my cousins, and my aunts all went together & since so many stores that we wanted to visit opened at the same time, we decided to split up & go to different parts of town & buy for each other(Ex: my mom bought my list of Kohls & Walmart items, and I bought my mom's list of Target items) . Target was the first stop & the line was long, but it went sorta fast! They gave out store maps & free reusuable shopping bags in line, so that was nice. I ended up buying almost everything I came for(they didnt have Movie Scene It for $10) and the line wait for checkout was excellent. We were out of the store by 5:30. Our next stop was kmart, & we arrived there at about 5:45. The line wasnt bad and we were just in time for jewelry tickets, so I went to the jewelry section first and bought the $29 necklace for my sis. The checkout lines were crowded and there was a small fight between 2 women in the electronics(thankfully i had nothing to buy from back there lol). Sadly, we came a bit too late for tickets for the netbook my friend wanted, but overall, it was an ok experience. After we left there, we stopped by Burlington Coat Factory(it wasnt packed at all!)and bought 2 items. Then we had some breakfast at Burger King and afterwards, stopped by TJ Maxx and Ross. At TJM, I ended up finding one of the gifts that my mom asked for in a clearance basket(and we werent even planning on going in that store, so lucky me!).Next, we went to Freds and I bought the last few Cudlees(Snuggie look a likes lol) they had, and the last stop was Big Lots(we didnt buy anything from there). We got home at around 11:00 am, so after bringing everything in the house, my friend and I passed out on the sofa lol.

Things I Bought:

Target

5 Sandwich Makers($3 each)

2 Toasters($3 each)

2 Coffee Makers($3 each)

(all of these were on my aunts' & mom's buy lists lol)

George Foreman Jumbo Grill($29)

2 DVDs($5.99 each)

7 Piece Armor All Gift Set($15)

Disney Scene It($10)

Kmart

Diamond Necklace($29.99)

Excercise Ball($5.99)

2 DVD games(B1G1F: $9.98)

1 DVD($5)

Blank CDs($.99)

Blank DVDs($1.49)

Burlington Coat Factory

2 Hat/Scarf/Gloves tote bag sets($7.99)

TJ Maxx

1 DVD($5)

Freds

4 Cudlees($3.99)

Kohls

2 Necklaces($9.99)

Walmart

Board Game($5)

Best Store: Target by far!

Worst: Probably Kmart, but no store was horrible.

Overall the experience was fun and I definately cant wait until next years!:D

Edited by sailorsakura89

I wasn't going to go out at all. Even when I woke up early, I didn't immediately move towards the frenzy. Around 6:00am, I decided to swing by Staples to see if I could grab a couple of the 1t disks. Got them, three wireless mice, and a couple packs of batteries. I used Staples $25 gift cards purchased with Discover cash back for $20 for all of this, so...well, I think $56 for a 1t disk is a good deal.

From there I walked over to Walmart. Nothing on my list except the Emerson TV and those were long gone. I would have grabbed a Magnavoc DB player except I already got the LG on Amazon for $90.

It was raining hard, so I ducked into Home Depot. It was pretty quiet in there. Nothing on my list, but they had a 5000w husky generator for $500. With my Lowes moving coupon, they sold it to me for $450. Probably my best score of the day. It wouldn't fit in my Focus so I went home to get my clunker (glad I kept it).

Next stop Radio Shack where I got my $15 off coupon and the $40 usb tuner. The Block Buster next door was closing shop so I stuck my head in the door. I got three DVD wall fixtures for $100.

The rest of my shopping was online. I wanted some 32" lcd tvs for the kids, my mom, and my bedroom. I had been planning on getting the VO320e and, in fact, grabbed a couple when they were on sale at Sears. With Discover cashback, they cost me $325. Then the Dynex DX-32L130A10 caught my eye and I bought a couple. Side by side, the wife and I preferred the Dynex, so I got a couple more and will return the Vizio TVs.

I'm still shopping, price adjusting, and dealing, but so far, so good ;-)

Last time i went out was 10 years ago. this year my wife was to pregnant and didn't feel like it. got up at 2:00 and went to walmart got all of the non ticketed stuff and gave it to my brother waiting for the ds light. I could't believe the amout of invantory for all of the items. then off the target to wait in law in 10 degrees. yes it was very cold, we had people get out of line and drive off. Hats of to target for the line organization and the three rows of shopping carts to block the rushers at the front of the stor. not one got in, i think the six foot seven three hundred pound security guard was a big deturant. got the camera for 88,the key board for dd 10, sheets and sh** load of movies. i also got the DSI mario bundle for MIL. did this and was the first one out of the store and had to walk through the line going into the store. whent over the home depot and got 30 poinsettias for the stores that i manag. didn't realize how much i missed it, i am sure my wife will be out again next year and i will be sleeping with the kids at home.

oh one tid bit the a guy that was camping at best buy had to go to the hospital for hypothermia. the joys of idaho weather.

My BF day was GREAT! Started at kohls, then target, best buy, breakfast, mall, Ulta, back to target, TJ Max, Barnes and Noble and then headed home. We got to Target at 3:50am and got home at 4pm. In all, with all my coupons, GCs and BF prices, I only spent half of what I went with. I only spent around $300 but got atleast $1000 worth of stuff.

BEST moment of the day: Was walking by Abercrombie and noticed they had a real model with his shirt wide open standing out like a manequin. I walked by and asked my sil if he was real b/c he was kinda far away. Well he must have heard me b/c I was still looking when we walked by and when we got up to him, he moved alittle and then winked at me! LOL!!!! I screamed, "OMG, HE"S REAL!!" Hahahaha!! We laughed about that all day.

There is nothing worse than waiting for a netbook, only to find out that the one you are after was in profusion on the floor, and being grabbed up by other people! We had coupons for the netbook, but they ended up being the upgraded model. After realizing that they had royally screwed up, I explained to the manager that you cannot get an upgrade option without first been given the right to refuse the baseline model! He managed to find one left, but never admitted that he did anything wrong, even though none of the tickets had prices that would have indicated which model i was seeking.

Didn't get "everything" I wanted but got most of it. Overall it was a great BF experience (due in large part to the planning and Gottadeal)!!!

Started off at Kmart on Thanksgiving Day - got there about 6 - was in line for an hour, nothing to crazy or hectic. Came home and did all the Thanksgiving activities.

Went to TRU around 9:45pm Thursday night. Our group was like 69-76 in line. Me and 1 other person in my group wanted Zhu Zhu pets, she got a ticket for one and I got a ticket (and my other friend and my aunt each got a ticket for one for me too). I was completely thrilled because I've been trying to find them for months. Already have the funhouse, beds, etc. none of which would do me a bit of good come Christmas morning w/o the pets themselves...lol. We were out of TRU by about 12:30 which was great. The line there to get in had grown to insane proportions by the time the doors opened though - one of the longest BF lines I think I've ever seen.

From there went and stood in line to get in Old Navy. Was in line outside freezing my behind off, only for us to be let in the mall at 3 and find out that they weren't going to open the store till 6. There were like 300+ that had waited in line so we got out of there before there was too much craziness. Went to Wal-Mart - they were an unorganized disasterous mess as usual. Some employees were letting people put doorbusters in their carts at like 3:30 am and others were being super strict and would about curse you out if you even looked at a pallet...lol. Every year that store gets more ridiculous on BF - I'm hoping to possibly avoid it entirely next year. Spent the rest of the day shopping at various places and finished up about 8 pm on Friday night.

Anyways here is what I got (I think this is all of it - I'm trying to do this from memory):

K-Mart Thanksgiving Day

Disney Micro Pix Camera (x2)

1 pr. Kids pjs

1 2 pc Toddler Outfit

Gator Golf Game

Guess Who Game

2 DVDs

Essential Home Toaster Oven

2 Pink Snuggies

2 of the $2.99 Fleece Throws

10 of the $0.79 2 Liter Pepsi Products

Toys R Us

3 Zhu Zhu Pets

Madeline Tea Set

Princess Project & Draw

Crayola Arts & Crafts Set

Little Pet Shop VIP Plush (x3)

Scrabble Slam

Littlest Pet Shop Go Fish

Pink Leapster

Little Tikes Handiworker Workhorse

Kawasaki Powerwheel

Mr. Potato Head Jumbo Set

Moonsand Treasure Kingdom

Wal-Mart

Pyrex Casserole Dish

$4 Mini Chopper

Leapster Games (x4) – Price Matched Target

Crayola Color Me a Song – Price Matched AC Moore

Several of the $3 PJ Sets

1 of the $3 Track Suits

Belkin Wireless Router

Rubbermaid 30 pc. Set

Hotwheels 10 Car Pack

Elefun Game

Several $2 DVDs

Cars Table & Chairs Set

Cars Comforter Set

K-Mart Black Friday

DVDs

Mens T-Shirt

Bath & Body Works

3 for $10 Handsoaps (not a BF deal but just being detailed…lol)

Buy 3 Get 3 Free of the Lotions, etc.

2 of the Reindeer Wallflowers things (free w/ coupons)

2 Wallflowers refills for $5 each

Yankee Candle

4 Large Jars (had the buy 2 get 2 coupon)

Gymboree

Red Moose Fleece Outfit ($9/$9)

Couple things off the sale rack + 25% off

Aeropostale

Pajama Set

Slippers

2 short sleeved shirts

2 long sleeved shirts

1 Mens L/S shirts

Aero bracelet

Old Navy

3 Men’s graphic tees ($5 each)

1 pr. Toddler jeans ($10)

1 pr. Women’s jeans ($15)

2 kids fleece pullovers ($5 each)

The line there to get in had grown to insane proportions by the time the doors opened though - one of the longest BF lines I think I've ever seen.

Holy smokes! The TRU in Cary, NC was out of control and the longest line I have ever seen. I honestly didn't think many folks would be there since there were doorbusters at midnight and 5, but I guess it's a lot easier to stay up as opposed to getting out of bed. :confused: Anyhow, we got there at midnight (yes, any other year I would have arrived way before opening) and the line was wrapped around back of the store with lots and lots of police activity. We weren't after anything important, so we walked over to Old Navy. Around 2:30AM, some folks drove by and said the line for TRU was still wrapped around back and all the way to Best Buy.

We got the free Lego Rock Band and some clothes at Old Navy and then decided to brave TRU. I guess we got there around 4:15, picked up a few things and got into the electronics line. DH picked up a 360 game, and we got the last one of each of the following:

Bop It

Army man tub

Pogo stick

Sansa MP3

Mad scientist kit

Hot Wheels color shifter

I honestly don't know what the big draw was for TRU this year. The only reason we went was to get a Transformer that wasn't even on sale, but one we could not find anywhere other than TRU and not available on line. We decided to head over because I thought more people would have waited til 5 and we didn't want to risk it being sold out.

I think we were out of TRU by 5:30, then gamer chairs from Target, scooter from K-Mart, then home for a nap.

Even though it was very cold, we had a blast in line at Old Navy. We met some really neat people.:)

We had a very successful BF. DH went to Sears to get the $579.00 washer & dryer set for my Mom and Dad. Mom, MIL, SIL and myself all went to Walmart at 12:00 am. We needed 3 DS Lites, 2 Samsung Camcorders, and SIL wanted the 19" tv. Of course we also needed a bunch of the cheaper stuff like DVD's, Bakugan collector tins, Barbies, Mega Blocks, Video chair, video games, coffee makers, etc..... The camcorder and DS lites were in the same aisle, so Mom, MIL, and myself were together. We enjoyed talking and getting to know lots of new people who stood in line with us. It was a hoot. SIL didn't have to stand alone too long in the 19" tv aisle. They were not popular at all, so she got to go ahead and get hers, and join us over in DS/camcorder aisle around 2:00 am. That freed me up as she stood in line for me and I ran around the store to get everything else that we needed. It actually went very smooth. I just walked around the store and as they brought stuff out, I just helped myself to what I needed after they cut the plastic on the pallet. We got everything that we had gone after, and then some. :D

We went to TRU and stood in line for about 45 mins before we got it, needless to say we were WAAAAY back. We ended up getting 2 of the 4 things we came for but left empty handed because the store was literally shoulder to shoulder and NO ONE knew who was in the checkout line and who wasn't. To get out I had to climb on top of a pallet of toys because people thought that I was trying to break in front of a line they weren't sure they were in and I had NOTHING in my hands! I told the people with me that we were leaving and I WON'T be going back at opening EVER AGAIN! That was the most dangerous Black Friday situation I've ever been in!! After that we went to Old Navy , which I will say was smoothest. We waited in line for about an hour there so we weren't too far back. However, they did make a lot of people angry. The first ones there had formed a line at the IN door but some line jumpers came up about 10 mins before opening and formed a line at the OUT door. Wellll Old Navy unlocked the freaking OUT door first!!! We were all VERY POed! They did open 5 mins early though, so props for that!! I was in and out by 3:01. After Old Navy we went to Wal-Mart , and at 3:20 there was a woman checking out with the Sony Bravia TV and 2 collage frames!! There were also TONS of people with their buggies overflowing with BF stuff!! Of course we didn't wait either and started loading up, because NO WAY was I going to stand around and let the other rule breakers get all the stuff. The checkout lines were packed by 4:30, but we were first in line. At 4:55 a CSM came and told them all to start checking us out and when the girl scanned our first 4-in-1 it didn't ring right so she YELLED at ME and told me, "SEE I CAN'T CHECK YOU OUT UNTIL 5!!!". I said, "Your manager just told you to start and every other cashier has started, so can you check some of the Black Friday specialty stuff and at least get us that far?" She huffed and picked up my Tuggin Pup, scanned it (it scanned right), she bagged it, and slammed it down. Then she stood there for a min, grabbed it back up, hit delete, and yelled in my face, "I AM NOT STARTING UNTIL 5!!" I looked her in the eye for a second and as calm as I have ever been in my life in an almost whisper said to, "I'm sorry, but why do you have to be so rude? Someone who I thought was your manager told you to start and everyone else has started so that is why I didn't see why you could start. I wasn't rude to you in the least, so why do you have to be rude to me?" All she said was "I'm not trying to be rude but we aren't supposed to start until 5." Then I watched the clock and when 5 hit she still wouldn't start, said she needed a minute. Then the 4-in-1's still didn't ring up right like she said they would.

My husband never would go out for BF, that all changed this year when he bought a new harley. All he had to hear was a dealer was giving 30% off everything in store or ordered out of catalog, TO THE FIRST 30 PEOPLE ONLY. The rest of the people would get 25%. Well, we went with some of his friends, drove an hour to store, they stood in the rain/ snow for 1 hour waiting for doors to open. He had a list and I thought he was going to give it to Santa. He managed to spend 700.00 like a drop in the hat. I kept thinking if I miss getting to staples for my monitor I`m not going to be happy, they had plenty hours after the sale started, got micro memory cards that were almost out of. Went to Radio shack to get the playstation 3 sony controller and they were out, took ad to wal-mart they honored it and I was on my way. All and all we got everything we went out for. Today I was able to get 3 zhu zhu hamsters at tru. So I`m a happy shopper

Thanksgiving Day:

CVS

Take 5 candy bar, FREE after EB

Twix King-Size candy bar, FREE after EB

St. Ives Body Wash, $.99 after EB

Colgate Total toothpaste, $.88 after EB

Quattro razor Blades, $1.99 after EB

K-Mart

Untraceable DVD, $3.99

Microwave Popcorn and Emerald Nuts, BOGO

Pepsi, 2 liters, $.79 (x2)

Newegg

Toner for my Brother laser printer

Black Friday:

Pep Boys

5 qts. Castrol Oil w/ Purelator oil filter for $4.98 after rebate (x2)

Rain-X wiper blades BOGO w/ free 1 gallon of premium Rain-X washer fluid

Philadelphia Premium Outlets

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Stuff/shirts1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Stuff/shirts2.jpg

The DVDs and game actually came from Five Below. (Yeah, I really like orange... You could call it a problem). Seven shirts, no pants?

Redner's Warehouse Markets (grocery store chain)

2x Turkey Hill Ice Cream 1.5 quarts -- 3/$4.98

1x Family pack of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts -- $1.28/lb.

2x Redner's Bacon, 16 oz. -- $1.68

Tomatoes on the Vine -- $.98/lb.

1x Navel Oranges, 4 lb. -- $1.98

2x Fresh Express salad mix -- $.98

1x Redner's White Bread -- $.68

2x Redner's Margarine Quarters, 1lb. -- $.48

5x Pepsi 12-packs -- 5/$10

(Redner's brand 2 ltr. sodas were also $.58, but I didn't buy any)

Saturday, from Macy's

Comforter Set

That yellow long sleeve polo in the picture above.

I also have SIX (6!) orders coming from Amazon:

Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth headset ($42.99, which is $20 less than I've ever seen it).

Underworld DVD ($2)

Underworld: Evolution DVD ($2)

Casino Royale ($2)

A Christmas Carol (softbound book, $1)

A Christmas Carol DVD

Traitor DVD

Just Jerkey: The Complete Guide To Making It (ordered as a filler item, and I like jerky)

Rayman Raving Rabbids for Wii

The Mummy DVD

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Hellboy II DVD

Spaceballs DVD

I am Legend DVD

The Marine DVD

Wall-E DVD

------

I must say that I never thought I'd go to Pep Boys or a grocery store on Black Friday, but percentage wise, that's probably where I got some of the best deals...

Pep Boys was very easy & painless on BF at 6:15 am. Plenty of stock and not one but TWO people asked if they could help me find something. In and out in 5-10 minutes.

The Philadelphia Premium Outlets had opened at midnight (many stores opened at 11 pm), but we got there around 8:10 am. Plenty of parking available. Cashiers told us that they were crazy from midnight till around 4 am (probably when shoppers went off to Target, etc.)

Coach and the Sony Oulet had lines of people waiting outside. They were letting shoppers in those stores in small groups.

When we left, around 1 pm, parking spaces were scarce and the shops were busy.

This was our year to host Thanksgiving at our home, and I was so worn out by the celebration that I SLEPT IN on Black Friday!!! I've NEVER done that before! So I shot out of my bed at 6:44 and flew up to Walmart with my brother, convinced that I missed out on everything I wanted. I don't buy electronics on BF so at least I didn't have to worry about that. I only shop for toys for my kids. I ended up getting in and out of Walmart in 15 minutes, no lines, because everyone had already been there and gone. And I got EVERYTHING that I went there for! Went to Toys R Us next, got everything there, Target next and got everything, and Kmart where I also got all the stuff I went out for. We finished it up at Kohls, where the line was HUGE but the deals were fantastic!

So all in all, I filled my lists, got both of my kids done, and didn't have to stand in lines to wait for stores to open, or wake up at 2 a.m.! Who knew??? :)

Here's what I got:

WALMART:

Hot Wheels Collosal Stunt Set

(2) Transformers 2-pks

Pictureka!

Fisher Price 321 Lights N Sounds Ball

Train with Poppin' Balls

TARGET:

Nerf Vulcan

Disney Scene It

Monopoly Junior

TOYS R US:

Lego Moblie Command Center

Hot Wheels Color Change thing

KMART:

Legos B2G1 Free

Bionicle sets B2G1 Free

KOHLS:

Playskool Ride-on toy

Playskool Baby Basketball set

Cheeeeap wrapping paper and bows

Edited by jakesmommy403

My mom and I did a lot of shopping online after Thanksgiving dinner, mostly through Amazon. There were some great deals on DVDs! We finished our shopping on BF in stores. First was K-Mart which wasn't bad. Purchased BOGO pajama's, a couple cheap DVD's and 50% off slippers. Then went to Target, $10 boys fleece pajamas, $3.99 DVD's and $14 men's robe. On to Walmart, picked up a couple LPSO's for $10, and a $19 rc car.

We didn't go shopping until 4pm so we could avoid the crowds. It was a little shocking that Walmart still had stacks of TV's, and DVD players that were on sale. (There were 20+ 32" tvs and even more of the 42" plasmas.) Target had a lot of cheap DVD's, and other sale items. Kmart had most of the advertised sale items, not just in stock, but in mass quantities. :shock:

The best part....NO long lines to wait in. We did all of our shopping and had lunch and were home within 4 hours. Not too bad considering it's a 30 minute drive each way. :D

I suppose I will share my experience too...

I went to Kmart on Turkey Day...I got all the snuggies I wanted plus bought a GE camera that

I didn't plan on buying, but seemed like a good deal....it is a nice higher end budget camera

I went to our Toys R Us at 8:30pm on Turkey day and waited til midnight....got 2 Apple Ipod

touches with 2 $50 gift cards also got one of those Zhu Zhu pets...not sure why but I got

one since they are the "in" thing...I'm sure someone will buy it from me

Then off to Old Navy..that was horrible....waited in line for about 25 minutes and maybe

moved 3 feet, so I said forget it since I was towards the back half of the line

Then over to Sears, got a router, then we went to the Burger King to warm up

Then off to Home Depot and K-mart

I dropped off my shopping buddies and went to the other Kmart and Walmart and then back to

toys r us to use my 2 $50 gift cards on "Tony Hawk - The Ride"

Finally got back home around noon the next day....15 hours plus and I had a blast..it was

a little cold waiting in line, but got the deals I wanted...my shopping is almost done !!!

I did buy one of those 4 in 1 coats at Walmart...long story short, I needed to exchange it for a smaller one. they were going to give me the $15 back and then make me purchase the correct size of coat at normal price of $50...after talking with a manager they did let me exchange it but then I found the size I personally needed which they didn't have the day before and ended up talking to the manager and got me a 2nd coat at the $15...Walmart definitely made me happy.

Edited by candlesbytammy1
spelling

Wasn't going to camp out at BB this year, but tradition called and when they came out with the $197 HP we decided to continue the trend. Went to the new one in our area because it's in a new shopping center with a new target and we wanted the tv too. Were happy to be 1st in line on Thursday. Soon we were joined by a few of our die hard friends from the other Best buy. So nice to see your once a year friends:yup: Also, when I had introduced myself to the Manager on Monday as the probable 1st person in his line, he had mentioned he would only be letting so many people in at a time for approximately 10 minutes. All I could think was that Myself and my three girls could aquire all the doorbusters we had come for and be checked out with our HP tickets before the next group was even let in. It was like a choir of angels were singing in the background.

Went downhill from there. Got bad news over the phone so ended up having a very emotional couple of hours as we dealt with the info. Temps dropped to just above freezing (which isn't what we are used to here-so you northeners don't sneer at us too much, okay?) The 10 minute promise kept us going when we felt like folding. We just really weren't in it anymore.

So we finally get there. We start feeling it again. They let us in. We get our stuff. We get in line. And the registers are down. We are in that line for 3 hours. Can't leave because of the tickets. At this point we have waited all night for those dang tickets. NOT giving them up now. So kids lay down in line and nap while I convince BB to let me out and back in because I have to run over to Target because I have DH's card and he can't check out till I give it to him so he is being held hostage by BB too and people are seriously bugging him about where did he find the 32" tv (umm-he was 8th in line?)

So once we are finally able to check out of BB DH and I only went to OM to get the Norton. Then home. Sucky BF and after all the planning. Seriously will probly not do sleepover next year. Will do the early rise and breakfast shop with my girls.

Oh, and ran to Wallmart after midnight for potty break and to score some all day friday deals, they weren't breaking them out till 5am. Oh well.

BB got

HP $197

$35 Dragonage

$50 Motorola Bluetooth

$15 wii games

$10 wii games

2 $7 cd's

Blurays

DVD's

Target got

Westy 32" $250

Wizard of Oz Blu ray

Hoody

Down Comforter

OMax got

Nortons 360 $20

Well I got everything I needed at Target but the line was so long to checkout. So once we got to walmart there was nothing really left that we wanted even though we scored three new moon games by looking in the restock carts then asking the employees if we can take them.

All the excitement and the drama happen while we were waiting in line at target and after we got home. My brother was in the best buy line trying to get the $200 laptop. Around 3:30am we get a phone call saying he is on the way to the hospital because he had a seizure, my dad and sister went with him. Before target opened we got a phone call saying it was hyperthermia that caused the seizure and they were keeping him over night for observations. So my mom, my niece and I continued shopping. No sooner did we get home we get a phone call from the hospital to get up there right away. Because he had a Seizure they did a CT scan, they ended up finding a dissecting thoracic aneurysm that needed to be fixed right away. He had to have emergency open heart surgery to fix it. He is now recovering and doing really good and keeps saying Black Friday and the best buy employee who called 911 saved his life because if this happen when he was sleeping he would have died in his sleep.

So let's just say this is a Black Friday that no one in my family will every forget.

Couldn't sleep so I got up early than expected and arrived at WMart between 315 & 330 thinking I still had a chance for a laptop since they weren't even supposed to start lining up until after 2 and they were supposed to have 110 of them. But the line guard in my designated section said no more laptops - I didn't even ask questions. Just went on and picked up my daughter and hit all the "wait in line to get $" at Sports Authority (great), Anna's Linens (rip off, had to spend $25 to save $10 - gave it back and moved on), Half Price Books (great). Squeezed in a $29 printer at Office Depot between Anna's and the bookstore. Made a couple more quick stops and got to Kohl's around 9am thinking the crowds would have thinned by then. Got what I wanted at great prices but had to wait 1 hr 20 mins. All in all an okay day but the laptop would've been the icing. Waiting until next year...

Dropped off nephew in Best Buy line and got in Target line around 3:25. I got:

Target:

$246 Westinghouse 32" HDTV

$170 Nintendo DSi bundle

Easy Bake Oven

Connect 4 game

$3 Toaster

$3 sandwich maker

other miscellaneous

Radio Shack

Iomega 320MB Portable Drive

Walmart

Belkin N Wireless Router

Home Depot

Dremel 300 Rotary Tool

Poinsettias

And other odds and ends from these stores, Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics.

Wife went to Kohls.

What I got was a wonderful day spent with my son shopping for black friday deals along with our traditional lunch. Hoping this tradition never ends even though I have to pay more for his gifts because if I got them on black friday then it wouldn't be a surprise when santa comes. Oh and he's 21 yrs. old.

Walmart

Acer 17.3" Aspire AS7535-5020 Laptop PC for $498

Haier Rechargeable Wine Opener $10

Best Buy

Fifa 10 for PS3 $35

Staples

Brother MFC-7840W Laser Multi-Function Printer $200

RCA 4 Line Integrated Phone System got two of them $40 each

etoys

SpongeBob Plush with DVD and Collector Card - Dojo Defender $12

Wal-Mart - Went for the $300 HP laptop. Only got there about 3am but tried for the laptop anyway. The line had barely 40 people. After the tickets were handed out we were told we had to stay in line until the laptops were handed out, so we waited. Unfortunately they ended up giving out more tickets than they had laptops! 74 tickets for less than 40 laptops... which didn't work out so well being 45th with a ticket. No compensation was given on the spot, however after calling they said they were aware of the problem will be fielding calls about "this issue" on Monday... still have the ticket that says 74 items were available and the ad so hopefully I will get something for this.

Went to Target and got the last two coffee makers and a crock pot for a total of 9.74

Best Buy for some $10 Smallville

That's it for me, not a big list but I got most of what I wanted. Now I just have to get some compensation from Walmart.

Okay, Much shorter wait this year:

Last year started at a little before Midnight and waited just before opening at Best Buy:

This year went with my Brother in Law again but didn't have to start as early:

Hit Lowes at 5:07 AM - no - one was in line at the Katy, TX store but there were about 6 cars in the parking lot with people staying warm. Everyone started lining up at 5:15AM was number 6 in line waited till 5:55 doors open was number 12 in line . . . :) figures. . . lol

Got everything I went for and then some:

Bought:

Shop-Vac

14-Gallon 4.5 Peak HP Wet/Dry Vac

Item #: 314974 Model: 5851511

$29.99

BLACK & DECKER

68" x 26-1/4" x 14-3/4" Multi-Purpose Cabinet

Item #: 90990 Model: 157059

$44.98

Edsal

72"H x 48"W x 24"D Steel Freestanding Shelving Unit

Item #: 101933 Model: CR4824

$44.98

I need an organized Garage, you buy a 50 year old house you would think someone would have left some shelves over the years, but nope not a one in ours. . . :) I think these 2 items will eliminate 2 plywood makeshift benches filled with stuff. . .

Hit Office Depot and ended up with a

Canon Pixma 490 All in One Printer for $29.99

That one replaced a non Windows 7 compatible Scanner for my Brother In Law, had Scanner in hand, but switched to all in one when we realized it was the same price and Windows 7 compatible.

Mom and I got to TRU about 10:30 pm, we were not close enough for the zhu zhu pets but when the store opened I could get in (the line was wrapped around and and almost back to me again) In and out by 12:30 well my Ds and DIL stood in the electronics line till 1:00.

Kohls was next we put our chairs in line and let someone else hold our place and use the chairs and we went to the car. I got soaked getting back to the car and the ones holding our place had umbrellas. Kohls was great except they did not have any Barbie jets when the door opened. Got everything else there but that. My Dad and brother did Walmart, DD and SIL did Best Buy and another DS and DIL did Target. Mom and I went to Target to pay for everything there and they let us do it in $100 increments so we could get the $10 gift cards. Next we went to Sears. After Sears we had breakfast. Mom was exhausted so she went home and I did Lowes and K-Mart. It was a great day! I just wish I had thought about getting my parents one of those portable dvd players.

Went to Walmart about 9pm Thanksgiving nite. I had talked to two managers the nite before, they said we could bring our chairs and wait. I downloaded the store map before we went. The electronics manager on duty told us the line for the PS3 would be right there, but to stay out of the way, so hubby and son stayed there watching TV. When I asked about the laptops, same electronics manager told us that the six "secret items" had no determined location yet. Daughter and I went to hardware where the laptops were supposed to be, according to the map, and were told that the line wouldn't be forming until 3 am. I asked the person there where everyone would wait that would be coming early for the laptops if the line didn't form until 3--pretty unrealistic on their parts. One manager told us we could set up our chairs at the paint desk as long as we were out of the way. About an hour later, a different manager told all of us that the chairs had to go, we could stand there all night if we wanted, but no chairs!! She was extremely rude as well. My daughter stayed by the paint desk, and I started scouting out the location of all the other stuff that we wanted. I was looking at the towels, when I reached to feel one, three people screamed at me, saying that those weren't for sale yet. When 5 am came, the police security were actually yelling at people to keep the line moving. It was very disorganized, not everyone was on the same page, and security yelling at everyone was upsetting to a lot of people. Not a very good experience for us.