Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

This by far was one of the best Black Fridays we have experienced!

Asked DH to set the alarm for 3, he set it for 4AM. A little miffed, but finally dragged him out of bed and hit WalMart at 4:45. Had to park really far away, but we grabbed a cart (good thing since they were gone inside) and made our rounds. Got everything we wanted and price adjusted with no issue. Only bad thing was a meanie Customer Service manager who did not know her job and was a hag. Oh well. Check out took 10 minutes! Woo Hoo!

Stopped at Starbucks for Dh's 2nd cup of coffee.

Next to Target. Got everything but one item (the Barbie furniture set). Everyone was SO helpful and checked out with ease.

Checked out 4 different CVS, no Zhu Zhus hamsters.

Then to Best Buy. Was there at around 9 AM. I got the eMachines $299 bundle! Are you kidding me? I was FLOORED! I got the last one and after that, we decided that we didn't need the XBox 360 we had bought our DS, so back to Wal Mart to do a return with no lines or issues. It was WONDERFUL! I will say that at Best Buy, the a sales floor rep told me and lots of other people that yes, they would price match. When I got to the register, of course they wouldn't. I didn't get upset, but I told the CSR that hey, maybe everyone should be on the same page just to prevent irate customers.

I have to say all in all, with all the stores we went to, all of the shoppers and all but 1 employee were GREAT. I was so pleased. People saying excuse me, opening doors, just going the extra mile to be nice. It was very refreshing. DH, after 3 cups of coffee said he really did have a good experience! Black Friday is the best!

My hubby had to work all day yesterday, and after work went right to TRU. He got there at 10:30 and there were about 150 people in line in front of him. Right before the store opened he said TONS of people rushed the line and by the time he got inside, everything we wanted was gone. He was going to go to Old Navy, but was so frustrated with what happened at TRU, he decided to come home and sleep since he had to leave the house by 5am to go back to work anyhow. I ended up shopping online for Old Navy. I got the things I needed (frost free jacket for my 3 year old because he ripped his winter coat last week, clothes for my baby boy that is growing like a weed, a couple tops for me), but none of the things I wanted. It kept letting me put items in my cart, but when I would go to check out they would suddenly be gone. Then while trying to find things to replace the items that went missing, more items would be gone! Very frustrating. Then I moved on to Amazon and got Psych season 1 and 3 for $12 for DH, and a DVD for one of my kids for $4. DH went shopping again this afternoon, but won't tell me where he went since he was shopping for me. He was really happy on the phone though, so he must have found some good deals!

Went to WM @ 1AM...way too early should have been there at 4AM. Picked up a PS3 with some movies and everything was good in the mass hysteria until after getting out of the store (by 5 after 5am) and looking over the receipt found they charged me 3x for the same BD movie. So went back in and it took another 35minutes to get the price corrected. Overall lines weren't too bad, worst problem people were running into because WM was finally doing price matching there were a lot of problems with cashiers messing up the transactions and in the older WM there was no place for customers to see the list of items being purchased as they rung up before getting the receipt.

Outside of WM ordered some stuff from Amazon, Radio Shack, and Best Buy on turkey day.....very smooth and considering the big ticket item was available on WM online later in the morning this is the last year I go to the stores. From now all everything online and I'll pass on the lines.

Pretty stress-free day, as we are doing “Christmas Light” this year. Dropped DH off at work at 8:00 and headed to Walmart for the $4 Egyptian cotton bath towels. The store was not crowded at all – half of the cashiers were standing around waiting for people to check out. Picked up a bunch of towels and the $15 BD detail sander. Lots of the early bird stuff including TV’s on pallets left. Was told there was a good size line when they opened.

Next stop was Walgreens and picked up most of the free AR stuff and some other odds and ends. Ended up with $14.50 in coupons for the next visit.

Decided to run by Target to pick up gift cards around 10:00, and it was very quiet. Was told that it hadn’t been as busy as they thought it would be. All of the $4 appliances were gone, but they still had a lot of the early bird stuff available.

Just got an email from Kohl’s about their Super Saturday tomorrow morning, which is nice since we were planning on going anyways. Hopefully we can get a couple more good deals. Very quiet today shopping. The stores here are more crowded on a normal Saturday than they were today. We did get 7 inches of snow, but I can’t imagine that holding anyone back. :D

Okay Brad, let me tell you how I feel, not to dissappoint you or anything but I saved up my money all year but that was nothing. This year was the most anticipated time of the year for me and Black Friday was my priority to get what I wanted and make myself happy for the next year and beyond but when we got to Frys, I was planning to buy a phone because everyone who is my age has a cellphone and those who don't are getting one too. He was saying that he will buy me a phone this year and this was the best time to get one so when we got to Frys this morning, my brother brought his friends with him and my dad never stuck to his promise he only listened to my little siblings and planned to go to Bellevue Square so he ditched my promise and left empty handed!

We had an awesome night/morning. Got to WalMart about 7pm Thursday and found out that lines were starting to form for the "big ticket" items. Some friends who were with me were first in line and got what they wanted. Employees started bringing pallets out early and let everyone go ahead and get items and then get in the checkout lines. I had my carts full and was in line by 3am. Easy and fun. The crowd was bigger this year at our store. A few of the items were not brought out by 5 but it was no big deal.

Left WalMart and went to JCPenney. We got our snowglobes and went to Belk. They were already out of the gift cards so we went on to Bath & Body Works. I got my DD17's robe and someother items, got the VIP bag, and was able to stack some coupons I had.

Went to breakfast with our group then came home and slept all day. Another great BF! Can't wait for next year!!!

It was the MOST disappointing Black Friday EVER. Enough, I may not bother next year.

2am: arrived at TRU. I told my sister this was going to be a mistake. That it would be ransacked already. So, I really expected this. I only had 1 item on my list and it wasn't a make or break deal, but she had a long list she wanted from here. She was able to get the diapers, wipes, and 2 of the video MP3 players. Ironically the parking lot was empty, but the line was really long. We found the end of the line and was told to expect at least a 2 hr wait. We decided it wasn't worth it and left.

2:45 am: arrived at Walmart . This is a new Walmart that replaced our original smaller one. It just opened in late October so this was our first exp. w/ a 24 hr Walmart . We knew we'd never get any of the high demand items. Though if I could of scored one of those Ipod Touches, I wouldn't of minded (but didn't expect too). We wanted to look a the DVD's, video games, and some of the toys and clothes. Well ours opened all their pallets at midnight and EVERYTHING was gone. I mean EVERYTHING. There wasn't a $2 DVD to be had. I could not believe they opened every pallet at midnight and let the masses at it all. This is the first time since I started BF shopping 14 yrs ago that I did not buy a single item at Walmart . Even items that were supposed to be 5am-11am only and not 2 day items were gone.

3:45 am: arrive at Kohls . This wasn't even a planned stop as we thought we'd be longer at the first 2. We got in line and my sister grabbed a few things and I stood in the line for her w/ her items while she continued to shop. Target is right next door, so we figured at close to opening we'd swap places in the Kohls line. She did get everything she wanted at Kohls expect and the aquarium nightlight thing. That the employees didn't even seem to know about.

5:15am: Was able to enter Target. They had the DVD's all right at the entrance. I don't think they could of picked a worse place to put them. Anyhow, I was able to get 6 of them and then a pair of the men's $5 PJ pants. My "hottest" item I wanted this year was the T-FAL set. (pretty pathetic I know). I found the end cap they were displayed on and there were 5 left. I needed to get 2 of them and was successful. Only problem I did not have a cart and could not carry the 2 sets myself. So, I moved into an aisle and waited for my sister. From the time she was able to get a cart until she got through the crowds to me was almost 45 minutes. We then got into line and took turns shopping for other items. We got everything here we wanted and began what I like to call "the wait". She ran to Justice (next door) and got what she needed there while I continued "the wait". Hours start ticking away and I'm anxious to get to the mall. Now don't get me wrong I expect some lines, but when I hit the 2 hr mark in line I'm getting very frustrated. Then 2.5 hours-- and I am still almost 300 people back in line. People were starting to get out of control and the police were called in and were telling people they'd remove them. I have been at this store since 5am and it's now going on 9am and I haven't moved very far. I don't know what the problem was???? Once again we ended up leaving precious time was ticking away and we were still in the way back of the store in line. **On a side note I spoke to a friend this evening who was at the same Target and got the TV. So they were waiting it out no matter what. They said it took them 4 hours 20 minutes to make it through line. That is really ridiculous!!!

9:30am: We make it to the mall and usually I'm almost out of money by this time and this year I hadn't bought anything yet. I couldn't believe Pac Sun did not have their normal store wide sale. Though I did get a thermal shirt and the Buy1 get 1 50% off jeans. My purchase qualified me for the cologne for $5 so I bought that too. The only other thing I bought was a set of silverware at Macys for my mom.

11:00am: We went back to TRU, my sister got the diapers and MP3 players, the wipes were gone and nothing else was in stock. We then went to Target again. Lines were still wrapped around the store and people were hostile, so we left. We ended up at Fashion Bug . Where I got 2 sweaters and a pair of pants for $26. I was home by just after noon.

The things I noticed:

-Target needs to really do something about how they have people line up to cash out because waiting over 4 hours is just crazy.

-Next year we'll have to be at Walmart at midnight, though I am writing a letter to corporate, our local news channels, and the local manager tomorrow about their sale just to see what response I get.

-My sister is 6 months pregnant and I was worried about her going out. People were considerate and that was a bright spot.

-In line at Target I let the people behind me put there stuff on top of mine in my cart because they didn't have one and they were dying trying to kick all their stuff and carry the rest. They were appreciative and that made me feel good.

I've been doing this long enough, but never had a BF like I did today. It was enough to turn me off of it.

leefamily23 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

I got to my store at 4 to get in line for the camcorder. Never ever ever has that store been PACKED at 4 am!! This was my 6th year in a row going and normally the store doesn't even begin to look busy until 4:30. There were already 40+ people in the camcorder line and people were screaming at me that they already handed out the tickets. ALL the toys were out already and the pallets of the hot items weren't even out yet. I wasn't going to stand around when pallets were placed all over the store when the aisles were already filled to the brim with shoppers. I got the toys I wanted, shot out of there and went to Sams where I got almost the same camcorder. Sams was much more calmer.

I'm sure in theory it's a better system but I guess with the economy in a slump many more people shopped this Black Friday. Target was a mad house also when it normally isn't. It took me 50 minutes and snaking around the store just to check out.

Good day for ME!

No electronics on the list, so I was able to avoid that madness.

Between Dh and I we hit Target, Staples, Office Max, Walmart, Michaels, and Joanne Fabric.

Total spending…. $1,232

Total SAVINGS over original prices $1,123

Christmas shopping for us is done!!

I even got some shopping done for my mom so she doesn’t have to worry about going out.

Coolest scores…

Adjustable height basketball hoop – we were actually looking to buy one this week anyway, not for Christmas. $99 instead of $170

Cricut scrapbooking thingy - $79 rather than $199

And Ott craft lamps – 19.99 rather than 69

Of course I got a ton of other stuff on sale, but those were some of the best bargains on things I really needed/wanted.

DH did go to TRU at midnight. It was CRAZY! :eyepoppin Glad I missed that. Huge line, people shoving. All he wanted was an R/C car and a 3Muskateers Barbie. He got the doll - but the cars were gone. He said all the big ticket items were gone within minutes.

Walmart was packed - but mostly civil. Like I said, we were able to skip electronic stuff. The toy dept was wall to wall people but I managed to grab what I wanted pretty fast. The worst part about WM was checking out. Everyone wanted to leave at the same time as me I guess... the line seemed to take forever.

We just have a small Joann Fabric here - I met my mom and was one of the first twenty or so in the store. We grabbed a bunch of the sale fabric and got in the cutting line. Mom waited while I continued to shop. It went smoothly even though we had to wait a while for the cutting table. And I scored the Cricut thing for someone who really wants it for Christmas!

I was in and out of Michaels - no doorbuster type things I wanted there, but I used the 25% off coupon toward some craft stuff I needed.

Staples and Office Max were mostly empty when I got to them. I still got the items I wanted though so that was good.

Overall a very good day. I mananged to stay in my holiday buget (just barely) and finish shopping! Now I just have to stay out of the stores until January! :o

i went to one target that had one line going from the registers down the womens clothes to the mens clothes. Then a 2nd line that went from the registers all the way down to the holiday section. I ended up driving like 20 miles to the next closest target walked in grabbed my two items and walked right up to the register got checked out with no wait it was much better than the first store.

Went to outlet malls at midnight stood there til 2 am, headed home took a nap, woke up at 4:30 to get 32" tv at target but no luck, headed to office Depot to get $299 laptop but had none so i took the $442 one then ate breaakfeast and out of curiosity went to Walmart around 11 am and they brought out pallets of Emerson 32" so took one and headed home :]

Well, not a bad BF, although I really didn't need any electronics or big ticket items. But still landed some good scores...

Started off at the outlet mall in Park City Utah @ midnight. Got there about 11:45, and the line to get into the parking lot was about 6 blocks long, and parking lot was filling fast. Made an immediate left in the parking lot, and found a spot. Headed out, as stores were already open. I hit Van Huesan, Bass, and Izod. DW hit Sketchers, Kitchen Connection, and Harry and David's. At VH, got 2 khakis, 1 dress pants, and 2 long sleeve polos for less than 100 bucks. Izod 2 polos for under $16.00. Back home by 3:00 AM and check online stuff...

Lo and behold, Walmart.com still had the TV online that DD wanted for her BF, so snagged that for her. Hard to believe...

After that back out to Sears. Got in line @ 3:50, and snagged the one thing I needed there and was back out by 4:05. Off to Wally World...

Store was packed, but orderly. Got the chair, rubbermaid, and towels. Missed out on the hard drive. Even tho I was in the express line (and only about 3 back), took 15 minutes to check out as the two women in front of me couldn't count - had way over 20 items each. Off to Target...

Got there, and it was a madhouse! Checkout lines the lenght of the store. Only wanted a couple items, so turned around and walked out. Sam's Club is right across the street - breakfast time!

Got there about 5:50, and NO SAUSAGE BISCUITS!!! The lady working the breaskfast said that they only allocated her 120, and there were all gone. Also had to resist an impulse buy...they had an all in one blue ray home theater for $398. Almost got it, but talked some sense back into myself and walked away.

Decided I needed some real breakfast, so stopped at McD's on the way to Ace. Sat down inside and took my time. Got to Ace about 6:50, got in line (probably #40 in line). Door opened, grabbed the wireless thermometer, adn was #3 out the door. Finally, it was home and bedtime. Had been up for 27 hours...been a long time since I'd pulled an all nighter!

I'm disappointed, but I didn't go out. Wal-mart is too crazy and ALL I wanted was the 2 $5 barbies...blue princess and pink princess and $3 kids, $7 adult pajamas at wal-mart....none of it was online. I stayed up until the sale started, and then woke up a couple times to check. I got no sleep waiting for that stupid stuff. Other than that, I was able to get MLP Baby Starsong I've been looking at for $15 at Amazon...I just happened to look 20 minutes before it came on as a secret lightening deal..Lucky! And got my toys 4 tots DVD's at the Disney Movie Club for $6 each, free shipping.

Very good BF for us this year!

Target - 3am

My sister and I got in line, there were about ten people in front of us. Our mom and aunt headed over to Herbergers where they opened at four and by the time they got to Target at 4:40am the line was about 100 people long so they decided to wait in their car until the line went into the store.

We got the following:

- 32" Westinghouse

- Nikon Camera

- RCA Portable DVD Player

- Digital Photo Frame

- Would you Rather? Game

- Dyson Animal Vaccum

- DVDs (My Sister's Keeper, (2) Up, Gran Torino, Tudors S1, 30 Rock S2, Fast & Furious, Funny People, Role Models, etc...)

We then went 20mins to a bigger town and first went to Best Buy

Best Buy - 6:20

- Wanted to get the Nikon S60 but the Best Buy didn't know where the shipment of those cameras went so they had a replacement camera for the sale price of $179. The replacement camera was the Nikon S630 which is retailed at $250 whereas the Nikon S60 was $299 but the hardware on the Nikon S630 was better than the S60 but didn't have a touch screen. I was okay with the replacement Nikon S630 so I took it.

- Sony $10 Headphones

- USB Drives

- Camera Stick

- Motorola Bluetooth

- DVDs (Benjamin Button and He's just not that tinto you)

Bath & Body Works - 7:15am

- Tote with a $40 purchase

Schells - 7:45am

- Columbia light jackets

- $1 socks

Famous Footwear/Halmark/Old Navy/Pier One - 8:15am

- Misc. things

We then headed home and took naps, I decided at 3pm to check out Walmart to see if they had anything good left.

Walmart - 3pm

- Pyrex four piece - $13

- DVDs (Observe and Report, The Wrestler, Duplicity, State of Play, Appaloosa, Definitely Maybe, etc...)

So overall a very successful and exhausting BF!

Happy Holidays!!

Went to Lowe's and PM'ed Sears ad Whirlpool Gold stainless smoothtop convection range with free microwave. PM'ed the HH Gregg Whirlpool Duet HT washer and dryer set too. Didn't get 10% off, but they had a lot of trouble with the math and I was happy going to one store and getting free delivery and haul away and no long lines.

i was going to go to target at midnight, however i went passed it on the way home and saw people out front so i went home got everyone up and went to target at 8pm. About 20 people were in front of me. When the doors opened everyone ran, it was kinda fun. This one guy lost both shoes, and proceeded to slip into a rack of clothes. I was the first one to grab the Nikon Coolpix camera :) My mom also got an ipod touch and the guy gave her the 30 dollar gift card and the 10 dollar gift card We also got 3 of the remote controlled trucks a microwave and 2 itunes gift cards.

After spending 20 mins in target, i went to the crowded beast that was walmart. I only wanted the Mel brooks films and the 9 dollar star trek and GI Joe dvds. After only getting blazing saddles, star trek and and an sd card we were ready and i found my boyfriends mom and she bought the items for me since she was in line.

Went to my mall next to shop at Aerie, dicks, Sephora, Apple, and some other small places. Went to another Walmart to see if we could get more, and ended up with more dvds. Then went to ikea for some free breakfast which wasnt too bad. Went to Sams Club and went home where i crashed into my bed from having no sleep and woke up 12 hours later. The end :P

If its something that I learned from my first black friday shopping experience,its 2 things.

1) Show up earlier (The crowd was so overwhelming at 4am @ Target!)

2) Save up more money! Even though I wanted to get a TV and some other stuff,I didnt manage to have enough for a TV.:( What downer... I think what'll be doing for next year is open a seperate account,and dump some money every so often in the bank so it adds up..I hope everyone has a great holiday and talk to you's later!

Heres a black friday video package I did:

[YOUTUBE]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtC69yQLLg[/YOUTUBE]

I learned not to just buy something cause it's Black Friday. I found much better deals on this website in the summer. :yup:

I also learned BF online shopping is a damn joke. One of the top 20 worst experiences in my life. Somewhere between getting maced by a psycho ex gf and the Flames getting hosed in the Cup Finals.

OK! Woke up at 7am and did some research on the computer looking for a new fridge. Bottom Freezer, french doors and saw that I had only two options for my price range....BB and Sears. Trekked out to Sears Home center in Glassboro, not too crowded, saw a slightly bigger fridge than the one I wanted, but the price was almost doubled. I asked the sales girl if they had the one I wanted in stock, she said no and told me to try the Outlet Store in Deptford. (A 15 min drive away)

I agreed, since there is also a Sears store and a BB nearby. Went to the outlet store, rude people, asked for sales help and was ignored. Left after 15 minutes. They had nothing on the floor I wanted anyway. Went to Sears in Deptford Mall, they had just sold out of the fridge I wanted!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Said they could "Special Order" it for a small fee, that and the supposed "Free Delivery" and "Free Haul" would cost me an extra $150.00, which would be reimbursed to me if I sent in a rebate for within 5 weeks of delivery.......oh yea....the delivery would be in 6-21 days!!!!

Left there in a hurry and went to BB. They had nothing on the floor in the color my wife wanted. (Bisque) Went ot the sales lady and she said that they didn't keep the Bisque in stock and that it was a "Special Order" Item ($$$$$$$) And that they could arrange a delivery within 3 weeks! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I then tried Lowe's and found out that they don't keep Bisque colors in stock because they're not popular now. His quote, "PPL want either black, stainless or white, but they could special order it and have it delivered by Christmas!"

So I went home and vented about my day to my wife, dad and step-mom. My wife went on-line and called the first store to see when they were getting the Fridge's in stock and a different girl said they they had one on the floor. Verified the make and model number and price and she said it was available.

Me and my dad couldn't believe it and drove over there to find out she had made a mistake. It was the one I saw that was bigger and double the price. But it turns out, she gave us a $1599, 25 CUft Fridge for $759.00 plus tax. :eek:

I learned that instead of lining up in the middle of the night, just go to Best Buy about 8:30 AM and wait until 9AM to buy one of the unpurchased doorbusters. I was about 6 people short of getting a ticket for the Sony Vaio with BlueRay. Came back at 8:30 and there were 9 unclaimed ones. I had purchased the netbook (which was not a ticketed item at our Best Buy) early, but there were still several of those on the shelf as well.

Next year, I'll get more sleep!:tired:

I started at Old Navy at 2:30 this morning I was about 15-20 in line. Security drove by and stopped to tell us they weren't opening until 5 so off I go to Walmart. I didn't want any big ticket from there but got the electric blanket. I was able to checkout because it was an all day product. Out of there by 3:15. So I decide to get something to eat. Another mistake. Denny's, Ihop, and McDonalds were all packed so I drove around for a little while finally saw that Krispy Kreme opened early and no one was there. So I stopped there and got a donut and chocolate milk. I went back to Old Navy got back in line at 4:15. I was about 30 in line. At 5 security opened the mall doors and about 100 people bum rushed the door and wasn't anything those of us in line could do about it. There were a good 200 people in line. Security disappeared after they opened the doors. I emailed Old Navy about it. The game wasn't that important, I went for the fleece shirts and boys jeans. My problem with it is I'm not that far out from my back surgery and I was getting pushed and just about fell (had to take pain killers when I got home). Anyway got the jeans, shirts, and fleece sleeping pants and checked out quick. I was one of the first ready to check out because I wasn't browsing around the store. From Old Navy I went to Bath and Body Works got lots of body wash and the tote. I stopped at the Yankee Candle store and didn't buy anything, not much of a sale there. I ate a nice breakfast of pizza in the cafe court. Left the mall about 6:30 and went to Target to pick up a movie for my MIL, they had the pharmacy checkouts open for normal customer use. From there I drove across town to Home Depot and got 3 sets of the 60 batteries for $10 each. I saw that the Walmart next door wasn't as busy as the one I had been to earlier so stopped in to buy a couple things that I wanted but wasn't going to stand in line for. I got the Kodak camera, bakugan tin and corelle plates. I came home took my pain meds, called my surgeon about the pain (he said if no better by monday to come in for X-rays to check the fusion) and took a nap. I feel better now but still taking pain pills, I'm hoping it is better still tomorrow. Anyway aside from the Old Navy mess it was a good day.

Wow didn't realize this post was gonna be forever long. Think I'll email the mall to and let them know about it.

its gone too mainstream. retailers are taking advantage and putting up mediocre deals and all the real deals can be found online, but the public has yet to catch on which suits the retailers well. they get $ and people get their stuff.

I definitely agree about BF being mainstream. I remember where a couple years ago, BF was a secret that few knew about. Now, my goodness, little kids know what it is and talk about it.

Couldn't agree more. People were going nuts over the $100 DS system when Target had it that price for a whole week not too long ago. Similar could be said for computers and toys.

Don't get me wrong, there were deals but I think most folks now have the belief that the

day after thanksgiving is the only day to get a bargain. I hope that is the case because then me and the rest of us gotta dealers can snag the bargains every other day of the year.

Couldn't agree more. People were going nuts over the $100 DS system when Target had it that price for a whole week not too long ago. Similar could be said for computers and toys.

Don't get me wrong, there were deals but I think most folks now have the belief that the

day after thanksgiving is the only day to get a bargain. I hope that is the case because then me and the rest of us gotta dealers can snag the bargains every other day of the year.

I agree...this might be selfish,but I am kinda looking forward to GD after BF

I am a vet of BF and I will never go to old navy again.