>>> Toys R Us Black Friday Ad Posted <<<

Brad

Apart from the ad not being that good, I have a rhetorical question but come up with ideas if you wish.

How the heck are they going to pull out the 5am door busters? I mean the employees are going to be busy enough without having to worry about bringing/opening more stuff. Seems like it will be CRAZY around 5am.

Thanks Brad for the hard work to help us all save money. :gdthums:

It figures! All these years, I watched the amazing toy deals when I had no children. Now I have a 9 month old and was so hoping for alot of great deals on Fisher Price and Playskool toys(theyre so expensive!). I have been waiting for this ad and it has like 3 things for babies! How disappointing!

I have already bought her a few things that were better deals than anything I have seen for BF.

And Murphys law is NEXT year when shes almost 2, all the BF deals will be baby toys...lol

And I want to be the first to say "does anyone else think this ad sucks?" :P

Right there with ya, Brad! I don't see a single thing worth braving TRU at midnight for! This has been mentioned in previous years but I never noticed it til now - most of their best 'deals' are on stuff that nobody wants anymore! Imagine if Best Buy's biggest doorbusters were 5MP cameras and 320GB external hard drives!

Once again I'll be getting most of my toys at Kohls!

It figures! All these years, I watched the amazing toy deals when I had no children. Now I have a 9 month old and was so hoping for alot of great deals on Fisher Price and Playskool toys(theyre so expensive!). I have been waiting for this ad and it has like 3 things for babies! How disappointing!

I have already bought her a few things that were better deals than anything I have seen for BF.

And Murphys law is NEXT year when shes almost 2, all the BF deals will be baby toys...lol

Go to Kohls! Seriously, that's where I get all my baby & toddler toys on BF! The regular prices are higher than other places, but once you factor in the 50% off they're great deals! :yup:

I've got a question about the $50 GC with the iPod Touch purchase. Can you use that right away or is that on a future purchase?

Usually with any of their gift cards it is for a future use, not on item purchased. Not sure if you could use it same day if you split you order (I think I heard that with one of the GCs it was 6 hours??)

I'm excited about the trampoline. My DD8 has asked for one this year, and I would also like one, lol, I'm a former gymnast... My question is, does anyone know how weird walmart will be about price matching it? Could I take in the print of the ad prior to black friday and ask about it? I know i will need the original to actually match the price. Also, do you think it will be available online? I will be shopping by myself, and while i'm a fairly strong woman I don't think I can single handedly manhandle the trampoline into the cart, out the store, and into my car...

Thanks!!

Go to Kohls! Seriously, that's where I get all my baby & toddler toys on BF! The regular prices are higher than other places, but once you factor in the 50% off they're great deals! :yup:

Kohls has an extra 30% going on right now so you might check their current sale with the additional 30 off because sometimes it is the same or lower than black friday and you do not have to wait in line. Check out their website for current sale and apply the 30 to decide.

So far this was the best ad I have seen. The ball is officially in Walmart's court now......and it ain't looking great for them.

Any thought's on the 12mp camera for 69.99?

I am also thinking I am scooping up the diapers and wipes. ( hopefully these will be the last packs of diapers we will need- potty training!)

I liked seeing the 7.99 play doh sets, geo trax for $10, toss across and DVD's for 4.99 .

Plus I have the 10 off 100 card from the toy book?

I'm excited about the trampoline. My DD8 has asked for one this year, and I would also like one, lol, I'm a former gymnast... My question is, does anyone know how weird walmart will be about price matching it? Could I take in the print of the ad prior to black friday and ask about it? I know i will need the original to actually match the price. Also, do you think it will be available online? I will be shopping by myself, and while i'm a fairly strong woman I don't think I can single handedly manhandle the trampoline into the cart, out the store, and into my car...

Thanks!!

If they carry the exact item, it shouldn't be a problem. And for the last couple of years, they've offered a ticket for them at our store and you drive around to lawn & garden to get them. Much easier than the year we got ours!

Did anyone see the Barbie Vet Center in the ad? I've looked and looked, but I'm hoping I just missed it.

That was my question too. The only items I will go for are the ipod and the Star Wars Lego set. The lego set is $50 so I will cash out, get the card and my friend can pay for the lego set with that.

I was there this week and got a gift card and it says it will work after it has been activated for 6 hours. I was kinda bummed because I was going to do the same thing.

Kohls has an extra 30% going on right now so you might check their current sale with the additional 30 off because sometimes it is the same or lower than black friday and you do not have to wait in line. Check out their website for current sale and apply the 30 to decide.

thanks guys. i do intend to go to kohls for their toys. The extra 30% right now is only for kohls card users though, right? I do not have one. So i would just get the sale price, nothing extra.

I am definatly go to be at TRU after turkey dinner.I want the DSi and that is the cheapest price I have seen.I wonder if I went to walmart at midnight if they would price match it.

You saw that Target has the DSi for $10 more but you get a $20 gift card too? Think I am getting the DSi there.

Is the leapster 2 better then the original leapster? I saw the walmart bundle today for 50.00 but they also tack on 10.00 just for shipping so then its not a deal....

Im interested in getting 1 but want to get the system that is better... thanks =)

Leapster2 is the newer version.

I remember last year MANY of the TRU ad items (including doorbusters) were available online the day before.

And I want to be the first to say "does anyone else think this ad sucks?" :P

yes it does. DEFINITELY disappointing. All the ads have been, except target. Makes me think I'll get up at 5 am and head out and see what's left.

I was at TRU today and got the $10 gift card w/ $75 purchase and was told it could take up to 24 hours for it to be activated. I got some of the Bakugan stuff and the Icarly DSi pack for my kids since they are selling out all over around here.

Brandi

I have to say it's pretty clever marketing on their part though. First, they open at midnight, far before many other stores, so they get the most eager crowd. Second, they get you to line up at their store TWICE for two rounds of doorbusters (midnight and then again from 5AM).

Personally, I was hoping for something awesome on the newer versions of XBox 360 (not the arcade) and was disappointed not to find that, and I do notice many older versions of toys. (I recently bought three Leapster 2's and was disappointed that that one is not on sale). Even so, doing something different is what will set a store apart from the others. I did see many things I wouldn't buy otherwise that I can use as "fillers." I admire them for trying to be different.

Having said all of that, am I the only one who longs for the days of 6AM openings for all of the stores?? At least I got some sleep after that L-trytophan. LOL!

Edited by klynnmommy
some errors on my timing...sorry

I have to say it's pretty clever marketing on their part though. First, they open at midnight, far before many other stores, so they get the most eager crowd. Second, they get you to line up at their store TWICE for two rounds of doorbusters (midnight to 1 AM and then again from 5AM-1PM). Although seriously, even if you are the first through the doors, you will still be standing in the check out line at 3!

Actually if you look at the ad the doorbusters are from Midnight til 1PM not 1AM.