How far along are you in your shopping?

AudreyNicole

Guest purpleangel
I have all the small items out of the way so I'm about 40% done. I usually try to hold off on the big tickets items until BF or later depending on the sales!:smart:

Almost done except for the two people we get in the draw (my family does names out of a hat for the 10 adults), my next door neighbors (family of 5, usually get them a restaurant gift card that is handicap accesible, their daughter is in a wheelchair :( ), DH, and, of course, ME! HAHAHAHA.

Stupid hamsters took all my energy!

Thanks to all the toys I've found on clearance I am done shopping for holidays and birthdays for the rest of my natural life!

OK, not really. But the toy clearance sales have helped. I am probably about 50% done. I have a pretty good idea of what everyone on my side of the family is getting. I need to look through the toys I've collected and decided what to give DD4, I already have DD6 and DS figured out. As for the in-laws, well, maybe the BF ads will inspire me...

I got 1 gift so far. I've gone shopping twice and that is all I came up with! Unfortunately, I'll shop all of Nov and Dec but I buy a lot last minute because I tempt fate w/ just how low I can wait for a price to go.

Anyhow, I think by this time next week I'll have a second gift at least ordered. May not sound like much but it's "the big one" for my ds--- he wants a specific BMX bike that is about $450 and w/ that he'll only be getting a handful of other things. To get that purchased will leave me w/ a decent list still, but not a costly one if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one gift bought and delivered to me.

I have a list of stuff I want to by for people, but a few are movies and those types of things that will be cheaper on BF. My shopping usually starts with BF anyways.

So how much have you done?

Anything you are really excited to give?

How much more do you have to do?

I am about 75% done. I plan to finish up on Black Friday. I have decided what I am getting, but just have to go do that. I still have to get:

Mom - 2 gifts (already got started, but need a few more things)

Mom's BF - 1 gift (already started, but need one more thing)

Best Friend #1 - 1 gift

Sister #1- 1 gift

Husband - I have a few things but I still have several things to pick up for him, and his stocking presents too

DS7 - 3 more gifts

DS6 - 3 more gifts

DH's Boss - NO idea

Dad - DONE

Sister #2 - DONE

Best Friend's DD - DONE

Best Friend's DS - DONE

Best Friend #2 - DONE (just need to pack and mail)

DSs Teachers - DONE

I am really excited to give our sons their Wii this year, and I am excited to give my mom the new dishes we got her. DH asked for a watch, and I think he will love the one I got, so I am anxious for him to have it :)

Edited by AudreyNicole

Started shopping? I'm almost done! I freak out if I'm not 95% done by Thanksgiving. I hate shopping in crowds, except on BF. That is the only day of the year I will subject myself to the craziness! I like to have everything done so I can just sit back and enjoy the holiday season peacefully.

Almost done! We just picked up some bikes today for our twins, so that's their big gift out of the way. TRU said they might be sold out by the time bf comes around...

Husband - DONE!

DS6 - DONE!

DD6 - 1 gift (need to pick a cute movie)

Stepdaugter1 - 2 gifts left

Stepdaugter2 - 2 gifts left

Me - Ipod touch :D

I have a few things for my boys that I got on clearance throughout the year. I've been really itching to get busy on Christmas shopping though. There is so much more to do! Last night I got all excited because I saw something on QVC that I know my boys will LOVE! They're called Magformers. I can't wait for them to open that Christmas morning. Also we're getting my 9 year old his first electric guitar. I know he'll be so excited! I can't wait!!!

I have most of my shopping done...

DS7: DONE, except maybe a couple more DS games if I can find a good deal.

DS3: DONE, unless I find a great deal on some more Thomas trains to go with his train table

DFosterS2: DONE, unless WM has MegaBlocks for $10 again this year

DFosterD3months: DONE and then some

DNiece: DONE

Mom, Sister, BIL, and Step-dad: DONE

DH: I have nothing for yet, and don't know what I'm even getting him... his wish list keeps changing

Dad and step-mom: Nothing yet and I don't know what I'm getting them

Grandparents: Nothing yet and I don't know what I'm getting them

MIL: We were going to get her a Nintendo DS, but DH's hours got cut WAY back (only working 7 days this whole month), so we can't afford to spend that much on one person, so now I have no idea!

Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Friends, Neighbors: They all get homemade fudge, cookies, pumpkin/banana nut/zucchini breads, so that won't be done until I make the on Dec 23rd.

Yikes! I'm glad OP posted this! I thought I was a whole lot closer to done than I really am! Ok, so I change my answer... I'm about half done.

I am feeling quite accomplished. This is the farthest I have been in my shopping EVER at this time of year. It does help that I started in July. Everything I have is wrapped too, cause I have 3 very nosey boys here (2 little and 1 big one!) LOL! I don't know what I am going to do with my time when I am finished shopping. LOL!

After I go to the TRU 2 day sale tomorrow evening I will be officially done with DSS13 and DD9. I still need 2 accessories (slide and skateboard) for the zhu zhu and a winter coat for the child we pick off the Angel Tree. Dh is done and then some and just need a couple of movies for my mom and for my stepdad i need to get him a beard and mustache trimmer then I am done unless I find something someone can't live without on BF..

I have a few things for my boys that I got on clearance throughout the year. I've been really itching to get busy on Christmas shopping though. There is so much more to do! Last night I got all excited because I saw something on QVC that I know my boys will LOVE! They're called Magformers. I can't wait for them to open that Christmas morning. Also we're getting my 9 year old his first electric guitar. I know he'll be so excited! I can't wait!!!

I just looked those up on QVC and I am SO ordering them. My sons will love them too! Thanks for sharing! :)

I've bought 3 gifts only.....2 small ones and 1 big one.

I don't buy for many people.....so the price of the big one (for my ds) it puts me at 50% done money wise. I am happy to have his most wanted and big item ordered and paid for. Now I'm just hoping they don't deliver it when he's home as he thinks I won't be buying it for him.