How far along are you in your shopping?

AudreyNicole

I am about 70% finished with my shopping. I started in July and I am trying to finish no later than the first week in December. I can't wait until Christmas because my boys are very excited with whatever they get. They yell scream and really have a good time on Christmas day. Every year they say "This is the best Christmas ever!"

I am probably about 50%, but that was the easy half - mostly my kids! About half of what I have left is waiting for BF, the rest are the ones where we should give a gift but I have no idea what. Now I am itching to shake my kids off long enough to pull their gifts out of hiding and get them wrapped.

I have always stated the day after Christmas for the next year - but this year we have had so many changes in the family and my health has been (not so great) that I have been totally unmotivated! :( My kids (now grown) except for one that is 13 are going to be devastated come Christmas as they are used to 200 + things surrounding the tree (and into other rooms)... but this year - not going to be that way... I am starting to shop little by little now that the sales are getting good - but to say I am anywhere NEAR done (or even started) would be the understatement of the year! :(

Started shopping? I'm almost done! I freak out if I'm not 95% done by Thanksgiving. I hate shopping in crowds, except on BF. That is the only day of the year I will subject myself to the craziness! I like to have everything done so I can just sit back and enjoy the holiday season peacefully.

Me too!!! the parents and in laws are usually the hardest to buy for but I picked up those gifts last night...

Now my sister and her family are half done.... and my oldest DD/SIL are half done

But I know what I am getting for everyone but my sister and her hubby... just waiting on the right deals to come along ...

Tonight and tomorrow is wrapping time while the men and boys are in the woods hunting

I am about 75% done. I plan to finish up on Black Friday. I have decided what I am getting, but just have to go do that. I still have to get:

Mom - 2 gifts (already got started, but need a few more things)

Mom's BF - 1 gift (already started, but need one more thing)

Best Friend #1 - 1 gift

Sister #1- 1 gift

Husband - I have a few things but I still have several things to pick up for him, and his stocking presents too

DS7 - 3 more gifts

DS6 - 3 more gifts

DH's Boss - NO idea

Dad - DONE

Sister #2 - DONE

Best Friend's DD - DONE

Best Friend's DS - DONE

Best Friend #2 - DONE (just need to pack and mail)

DSs Teachers - DONE

I am really excited to give our sons their Wii this year, and I am excited to give my mom the new dishes we got her. DH asked for a watch, and I think he will love the one I got, so I am anxious for him to have it :)

YAY! I am almost done! :) My list now looks like this:

Mom - 1 more gift

Husband - 2 more gifts and Stocking presents

DS6 - 1 more gift

DH's Boss - NO idea

DS7 - DONE

Dad - DONE

Sister #1- DONE

Sister #2 - DONE

Mom's BF - DONE

Best Friend #1 - DONE

Best Friend's DD - DONE

Best Friend's DS - DONE

Best Friend #2 - DONE (just need to pack and mail)

DSs Teachers - DONE

I am almost Done with DH's side of the family. I just need a pair of 2T jeans for our nephew and to replace the batteries in the watches for his Dad and his Dad's wife, they are vintage watches of their favorite sports team.

I have only 2 gifts for DH, my Mom and DH and I are getting my Dad and Ipod Touch so he will be easy to shop for, I just have to pick up that and stocking stuffers for him. I am still working on my Mom and figuring out what to get my brother who just transferred to Germany.

I have the gift for DH's boss and I am almost done shopping for my "Giving Tree" children.

Wow, I guess I am doing better than I thought I was. :D

I finally just bought my first Christmas present a few days ago because I found it online cheaper than in stores, or on BF. The rest of my gifts are being picked up on BF and I should be done after that day. Nothing urgent and no doorbusters, but I'll be headed out mid morning to get some basic, cheap things I need.

Nothing done. Pffft like I have time...

Besides I don't think my USA friends are getting gifts this year for others as most are hurting economically and I'll be long gone before the 25th. My CDN friends have said they want nothing and just mail them a little something when I am overseas.

Soooo I'll get myself a little gift (digital camera) and will be in Russia for X-mas and my main gf has told me not to buy anything. Just a few small trinkets if anything. Makes sense she says me giving nice gifts would reek of being a "rich arrogant westerner tossing my $$ around".

I think this is the first time for the holidays I am not buying gifts for anyone. :confused:

Completely finished. But then again, my family is exchanging gifts at Thanksgiving, as Christmas is the "in-laws" holiday this year.

Can't wait to see my brother's face when he opens the box to see a talking Achmed the Dead Terrorist doll !!!!!!!!!! :-D

Edited by luckynutmeg

Completely finished. But then again, my family is exchanging gifts at Thanksgiving, as Christmas is the "in-laws" holiday this year.

Can't wait to see my brother's face when he opens the box to see a talking Achmed the Dead Terrorist doll !!!!!!!!!! :-D

If you don't mind my asking...where did you find the doll? That sound's awesome!!!