Target puts plastic bags in bull's-eye - Discount

bigjimslade

Shop Rite has been doing this for a while now. Sometimes you have to remind the cashier to give you the .05 credit per bag used, and I often use self check out and usually I will remember to get the credit (if I'm not in a hurry), otherwise I don't bother with it. I actually like the bags. You can put a lot into them.

The only thing I don't like about it is that like for me, I take a bag that can easily fit stuff in there that would take the place of 3 plastic bags and yet I only get credit for one bag. Oh well, that won't stop me from taking in my reusable bags.

Up here in Canada most grocery stores started doing this a few years back. Then last year instead of crediting you 5c for every resuable bag you brought in they've begun charging you 5c for every plastic bag you "buy". I'm sure once it goes mainstreme enough the same will happen there.

Ok, this will date me but when I was a tween, they use to charge for bags at some of the stores. I remember it being a big thing to bag your own items and pay for bags.

I think in time, all stores will wind up charging you for a paper or plastic bag from them. Especially with so many cities out here proposing plastic bag bans.

I use my reusable bags all the time everywhere EXCEPT Target and Menards, they are the only stores around here with nice decent plastic bags that you can re-use for trash cans for the small cans in the bathroom. The other stores bags are thin and flimsy or too small. Grocery store I always get paper bags so I can use them to put recyclables in.

but I love their big tall bags especially when they make them dark grey or dark red during Christmas time .. those are great for getting gifts from the car to the closet!

Nothing against guys, but I wonder if a woman came up with this idea ! I say that because usually ( not always) women do a lot of toy shopping.