How much do you spend on BF?

nikkilugi

I don't have a set price. I do make a list to make sure I don't forget anything, but I always end up purchasing some items last minute.

I try to have a few hundred at least saved before heading out on BF. I dont like to charge anything so I pay cash or use my debit.

I buy throughout the year so BF is extras. Never really buy tons on BF. Around $100-$150.

I think overall I spend roughly $600 for my kids. Maybe more. (2 kids)

• 2 weeks later...

2005 - cant remember but I think it was about $500 split up between me and my hubby

2006 - I alone spent $600 just on my hubby at Best Buy on black friday - video games and dvds, and then around another $200 at other stores, and then he spent I think around $200 on me the whole day and then another $200 between the 2 of us for the rest of the family. So altogether around $1200.

This year, hubby is on deployment so its just me and my sister thats going this yr. I will have around $800 for BF. Weither or not I spend it all, who knows. If not, well the rest is going towards one of my hubbys credit cards or I'll save it for christmas shopping for like in December.

Just depends on the deals.....I will have around 700-900 dollars to spends from Xmas club account and overtime worked. I would love to spend it on some great deals but if not I will just hold it and wait until I come across some deals after BF. I have bought a few items over the past few months so I am watching deals now as well...so I really hope to just be able to pick up last minute things on BF. I won't buy the PSP now....Hoping for a good deal on BF!!!!:smirk:

The Sale Price that I got my items for was all-in-all worth: $5293.59

The Actual Price that my items retailed for at that time was all-in-all worth: $9534.79

That means for Black Friday 2006, for items that I would've bought throughout the year anyway, I had a Grand Total Savings of: $4241.20

:D

Deviant5oul is my new best friend. I usually spend 1000-1500. I buy 75% of the non perishable household buying for the year on that day. With my kids grown up, I need to spend less and less each year. How long until I have grandchildren???:eyepoppin

I don't have a set price. I do make a list to make sure I don't forget anything, but I always end up purchasing some items last minute.

I try to have a few hundred at least saved before heading out on BF. I dont like to charge anything so I pay cash or use my debit.

I buy throughout the year so BF is extras. Never really buy tons on BF. Around $100-$150.

I think overall I spend roughly $600 for my kids. Maybe more. (2 kids)

$600 each or total for the 2 kids?

The Sale Price that I got my items for was all-in-all worth: $5293.59

The Actual Price that my items retailed for at that time was all-in-all worth: $9534.79

That means for Black Friday 2006, for items that I would've bought throughout the year anyway, I had a Grand Total Savings of: $4241.20

:D

I want your budget

Do you shop more on black Friday for Christmas or just to shop for electronics and things for the house?

I always shop for Christmas. If I happen to see a good deal on something for the house then I will get it but BF is my day to get as much Christmas shopping done as I can!! :D

I think my budget will be relatively low. I too shop all year round for Christmas. Though mainly I don't do it until end of summer and beyond. I only buy things that are esp good prices, otherwise I do wait for BF and after.

This year, I estimate I'll spend $400 max on BF. I don't have set items in mind though, only that I'll probably have to shop for DH, the kids (stocking stuffers mainly) and then my Dad.

I have about $700 from my Christmas Club this year, so that's my Christmas budget. I usually do all of my shopping on BF, but I usually end up over-buying and selling things to my various family members to give each other. Since I bought a house this year, I've had my eye on some bigger ticket house stuff (mostly kitchen stuff) that I might have to splurge on. My family doesn't do BF, so if I want expensive stuff on sale, I have to buy it myself.

It really depends. Last year I spent about $3000 -- 2 laptops, 1 desktop, a 32" LCD, about $1k in toys for my daughter, digital cameras, and a bunch of other stuff. Sounds like a lot, but you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I got for that much. I also saved at least $2000.

This year, I will probably spend a lot more. In addition to toys and electronics for my daughter, I am looking for another desktop, a projector and screen for my media room, 2 home theater systems, stereo system, a camcorder, some Wii games for myself, and any other great deals I can find (new house :) ) I was 8th in line last year. Looking to for similar placement again.