GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

My husband and I are both at home, so we decided we'd paint the house. We had been talking about doing it spring break anyway. And we aren't busy, we just have to be available to answer any questions or fix issues that come up.

We painted the bedroom this weekend. And called a painter today. :)

(To be a little fair, the other areas to be painted have high ceilings, some of them over stairs.)

• Like 2

My husband and I are both at home, so we decided we'd paint the house. We had been talking about doing it spring break anyway. And we aren't busy, we just have to be available to answer any questions or fix issues that come up.

We painted the bedroom this weekend. And called a painter today. :)

(To be a little fair, the other areas to be painted have high ceilings, some of them over stairs.)

I started in the garage yesterday and have made several list of things to do. Hopefully I can get it all completed

• Like 1

I’ve been working on a flip house. Spent yesterday undoing stupid things whoever had put an addition on the house had done. Work some people do makes me shake my head. Should be the last of the unmessing things up I have to do. Have started putting 1st floor back together already.
  • Like 2

After 20 hours of overtime this past weekend trying to get everything paperless, I’m now working from home for the first time in my life (not sure for how long, we had a major layoff on Friday in response to NY governors executive order). It’s odd being by myself and not talking to others. I wonder if I’ll be more or less productive from home.

My husband still has to go to work as he is employed by an essential business. I’m grateful that he’s still employed but at the same time I’m not thrilled that he has to be around others so much. We are taking precautions wherever possible but it’s still a little scary.

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 2

After 20 hours of overtime this past weekend trying to get everything paperless, I’m now working from home for the first time in my life (not sure for how long, we had a major layoff on Friday in response to NY governors executive order). It’s odd being by myself and not talking to others. I wonder if I’ll be more or less productive from home.

If you force yourself to be busy - this is the great time to do all those projects you kept putting aside - and keep a schedule, you can keep yourself pretty busy. We are actively using slack as a team communication tool, and we have zoom for video conferencing. We also have a jabber as another chat tool, although I use it more as a softphone - it rings my landline at work on my computer, so I didn't have to forward calls to my cell phone (although I can still set it up.)

I have huddles with my team everyday - and what I started as a check in the last couple of days have been full on "this is what we need to do temporarily because of this new directive" so it's keeping them informed and on top of things. Others have done virtual teas/water cooler breaks, virtual lunches - everyone just gets on zoom and chat at set times. One group set up a shared google doc and people are just pasting in photos of their kids, pets, etc - things you'd normally talk about/share in person, just in a digital format.

We don't know how long the shelter will last, and California has been the most aggressive (well where I live, we called it first..) so we are doing the best we can.

I’ve been working on a flip house. Spent yesterday undoing stupid things whoever had put an addition on the house had done. Work some people do makes me shake my head. Should be the last of the unmessing things up I have to do. Have started putting 1st floor back together already.

Oh my gosh, I know exactly where you're coming from! Although we've never flipped a house, we have redone ours. You start out thinking it's just going to be a simple thing, then this turns to that and then that has issues too. Nothing ever goes as planned! Good luck!

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, I know exactly where you're coming from! Although we've never flipped a house, we have redone ours. You start out thinking it's just going to be a simple thing, then this turns to that and then that has issues too. Nothing ever goes as planned! Good luck!

Thank you, it just shocks me the things people try to cover up. I've said since we started doing this that these houses we redo have to be something I would be fine with living in with my family. To me that means EVERYTHING needs to be done right.

• Like 2

My youngest and I have been walking the last two days.  With the good weather and the unexpected break from the rat race, a lot of people have had the same idea.  Everyone is very cordial and relaxed.  Maybe put one of those masks on and take a walk despite the pollen count?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I work in a nursing home. If u have a fever u go home and can’t come back for 72 hours. I have a wonderful sinus infection. So home I went. 4 days without pay. Dr didn’t feel I needed tested for covid which I agree. I’m prone to sinus infections. So instead of being grumpy about loosing out on money I’m resting today and as long as I feel better tomorrow I’m gonna start spring cleaning. May as well get some stuff done.

Finally!  That was the longest March of my life!

We had an early end to hockey season (missed the last, biggest tournament for the 8yo), so I've been dealing with 2 very depressed boys. Hopefully when this is all over, we'll get to have our end of the season banquet and twice the amount of summer hockey, since spring season has been canceled, too.  At least we are all relatively healthy!

DH and I are both working from home, and we have divided the house up by levels during working hours so everyone can do their own thing and have some peace.  I got the best end of the deal: my own bathroom, sewing studio/office, game room, movie room and bar! :sidesplit  DH is on the main level, and the boys are relegated to their bedroom level or outside. This will all be a little easier when we have better weather.  (Did you hear me Weather Channel??? I said WHEN!!!)

DM and I are making masks for healthcare workers when we have free time.  I work in healthcare IT, and some of my colleagues are out in clinics without PPE.  We're doing what we can to keep them at least a little more protected.

Stay healthy, all!

• Like 4

Hey, Hey, Heyyyy, Its Aprillllllll ( Fat Albert voice). I pray everyone is well and running every time someone coughs - LOL. I know I do. I know it is allergy season but when I am in the grocery store and someone coughs my buggy and I are like Dale Earnhardt - we don't take any chances. Shout out to all the healthcare workers, first responders and teachers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

• Like 3

Happy April! About to finish week 3 of working from home, and I can't say I'm hating it or miserable.

Great idea about separating work space by level. We could do that for me and husband, son stays in his room, that's where his desk and computer are. However, all 3 of us are in a support role (same employer), so we really are just waiting for something to come up, so separating all day isn't necessary.

Funny though, me and my husband are actually FURTHER apart most of the time at home, than we are at work! Our desks about about 10 steps away from each other at work.

We have at least 3 more weeks at home, but probably longer. I wish I could say I've been so productive, but I have little to show. But I'm hoping to get better. Goodness knows I have a list of things I want to do!

• Like 1