Where do you shop on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

Last year was: JCPenny, Sears, Target, TRU, The Mall, BBW, Radio Shack, Sports Authority, Ace Hardware, Walgreens (two stores for LittleKinz)

This year we have a new Staples store so depending on the ad - it might be a new stop... also I vowed to check out Michael's

I usually start with Best Buy online , then on to Walmart, Kohl's, Sears, Target, and Bath and Body online or sometimes I head out to the stores . I always go to Michael's store on Black Friday as well since they don't open til 8 or 9am. I start shopping around 3 or 4 am online.

crocookie

I shop with a "team". We all split up and hit one store and shop for eachother. I usually get stuck with TRU since no one else will go there but me. I never ever go to WM. After we finish up at our store we meet up at the mall.

It used to be Meijers first but they stopped price matching so we hit Walmart first. We price match as much as we can, grab any deals in their ad and get the heck out of there!

Last year was the first year I went to Michaels for their door busters and I'm planning on going again this year. I couldn't pass up the cheap bags of Wilton's candy melts!

After those two, we head to the mall(even though I swore I would never go again!..lol). We get as much as we can there and then over to the closest Target. On our way over to the out door mall here in town, we stop by Walgreens to grab anything that looks good. We shop the outdoor mall for a bit, grab lunch and head home. I sit down and make a list of everything I got so I don't forget. On Saturday the tree goes up and Sunday, I sleep!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

This was good reading.

I usually do Joann Fabrics first. I can get tons of fabric for Project Linus blankets for cheap!

Then its off to the other places - Target, Walmart.

Last year Dh and I divided to conquer - there were doorbuster type things we wanted at two places... so he waited at one while I went to the other. Worked well, we got the things we wanted!

I usually map a route depending on who opens first and if i really need to go to that store first. Starting with the store further away and than hit each store that i really need to go to. Like kohl.s than Kmart , target, staples, Sears. and than the stores going back home . That way I'm not drivng 5 miles in on direction and than 5 the opposite way. It saves time and gas.

I don't know why you'd go to Home depot because last year when I went there, pretty much no one and I mean no one was there at Home depot but across from Home depot was Best Buy and yes there was a line out there but I didn't go to Best Buy that year so yeah consider going some place else.

• 4 weeks later...
What is everyones plans for going to multiple stores to get the deals? I plan on going to Sears for the washer, Walmart for the IPOD and Target. How do you know where to go first to get the things you want before they sell out? Oh, I forgot I also want to get the game at Old Navy.

i know its all overwhelming heres what i do this is my plan so far but its not anywhere near done!!! the little (-)(*)(#)(M) stands for what shopping center the store is in.:)

Kmart T-day ad - Opens at 7 AM Get:

10:30-11p.m: Be in line at TRU(#)

12am: midnight- TRU(#) OPENS- Get:

2am: Get in Line at Kohls(*) & start online ordering(Cabela’s, Bass Pro)

4am: Kohls(*) Opens- Get:

5am Go Back To TRU(#) Get:

Whenever the H*ll I get out there go to

Old Navy(*): Opens at 3am

Sears(M): Opens at 4am

JC Penny(M):Opens at 4am

BRU(*):Opens at 5am

Target(*): Opens at 5am

Kmart: Opens at 6am

Lowes(-):

AC Moores(*):

It all depends on the ads for me. I used to start at K-B Toys, then head to TRU for opening, then Target, then Walmart. Last year it was TRU, then Walmart, then Target. Not sure what exactly my plan this year is yet, but I'm leaning on Walmart first, then Target.

It really depends on what you are getting, whether or not they are doobusters, and what's most important to get. My plans so far are:

TRU/BRU

Sears

JCP

Walmart

Target

and then possibly the Walmart on the way home (if I can't get everything I want at the first one...the one closer to my house still had everything I wanted last year two days later!)

I'm looking at what's most important and location of stores, as well as doorbuster hours. TRU/BRU doesn't actually have any doorbusters that I want but they are just north of the mall and open earliest, figure I'll go there first and get them out of the way. Sears is more important than JCP because it has stuff we want for the house and for DS1, while JCP only has a few things we want for DD4 (but we could live without them). Target is actually more important to me then Walmart, but the Target closer to my home always has more stuff because they are farther from the mall (again, I was able to get the double portable dvd player they had last year on Saturday at that location!) Plus, we are going to Target tomorrow to pick up a train table and train set from the big toy book and might pick up what I want and then pricematch on Friday since that store has already said they will still be price matching on BF. If the first Walmart doesn't have everything I want, then I'll hit the one closer to my home because it'll be on my way...and I'm really familiar with their layout so I'm planning on price matching a few things there.