As of now, how much do you plan on spending this holiday?

Brad

As of now, how much do you plan on spending this holiday?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. As of now, how much do you plan on spending this holiday?

• approximately the same as previous years
    • slightly less than previous years
    • significantly less than previous years
    • slightly more than previous years
    • significantly more than previous years

I SWEAR it will be less!!!, I say that every year....but this time, I mean it. DD18 and DS16 are both getting laptops and that's it. The other boys are 9, 5, 8 months, and they have everything that they could possibly ever need. No big tickets here except the laptops.

• 2 weeks later...

i voted for significantly more this year, because my hubby got a much much better job and we paid of a car loan that had a horrible finance rate.

The 2 oldest girls are getting netbooks

the 2 middle boys are getting DSi's

and the babygirl will get some kind of leapfrog something

Add to that Im surprising my hubby with a 52" or better HDTV and those are just the "big ticket" items I plan to purchase. Add to that various games for the wii, ds, and ps3 i know im spending around 3 times as much as last year.

I'll probably be spending the same or slightly more. We are doing a lot better this year because I started working too. Last year was also our first year in our new house so things were still tight. We're settled in now so as long as there are great deals I'll probably be spending more! :)

i put alittle bit more i got one 15 year old and my new grand baby that just turned one so the baby will be easy but my 15 year old wants high price items but i did already get her a ipod. my other kids will get cash or i might just pay a bill for my daughter.

I'm expecting to spend more this year. We're getting DD5 a Nintendo DS this year, which is almost twice as much as past year's "big" gift has been. I'll be trying to find something of equal cost for DD2's "big" gift, as well. And since my DH got a raise, we bumped up the budget for our nephews a bit. I always over do it. But this year, I'm >over< over doing it. lol

We almost lost everything this past year, but thankfully my husband was able to find a good job. Because we have lived through a financial nightmare that lasted 11 months, we are definitely spending less this year. This past year really made us understand how much we could do without, and still be okay. As a family we have decided to scale back on gifts in order to get on more financially solid ground, and that will benefit us all throughout the year.

I guess we will be spending 1/4 of what we usually do, so I am hoping to find some great deals to help stretch the shopping budget.

I will be spending significantly more this year. I am back in college and DH will be starting back in the Spring so I am planning on getting each of us a new laptop. I'm not looking for $99 laptops, I'm looking for a decent deal on higher quality ones. Hopefully there will be some good deals on them.

I finally started a christmas club this year, put 25 in it almost every week and I've got about a thousand. I have one 12 year old at home who gets tons of presents cuz he's the last. I've got 2 others who married and have step children. I added 8 people to my shopping list in two years and 5 are step children . Put a dent in the presents my older kids get. Used to get them the same as their brother until there was so many of them. I buy stuff all year long and have 3 huge boxes upstairs full of walmart clearance toys, hot topic , etc.

Well, I just bought my son his 16GB IPod Touch from amazon. You just can't beat $269.xx shipped. He is using it now. He will be 15 in November so he begged until I caved. lol. I am being a smart butt though and wrapping the Touch box it came in just to remind him he already has his "big" gift.

I chose significantly less than previous years, however spending and having things is two different things, I'm sure I'll be giving the same amount if not more gifts than last year but I have a bit of an advantage of getting things free because of my 'job'. Spending wise though it will be less can't afford to spend a whole lot this year, but if I find some great deals that's a huge plus for spending lol

I voted for the same as previous, but it will be less. My family (brothers and sisters) decided that we were just buying for nieces and nephews from now on and not each other. Plus, my son is older now and doesn't want or need anything....hmmm. He doesn't need anything so I will try to come up with something. Maybe he will want a few new games and some CDs, but he has an iPod, all games systems and such, so he says don't worry about it, lol.

I'll probably spend about $150 this year. I only have my mom, dad, brother, brothers gf, and secret Santa to buy for. My friends don't exchange gifts, and at work we only do with our secret Santas. I might buy my 6 reading students $1 books from Scholastic, but I haven't decided yet. I think its a small price to pay for a good benefit.

I voted significantly less but as we get closer to BF, my significantly less is looking not so significantly less. I already plan on getting myself an e-book reader. That's about $400 right there (after accessories). And DD10 wants a netbook or laptop. We'll want the usual Wii games (don't ask me why as we have tons and haven't been able to play them all). My willpower to spend less is already diminishing. :-(

About the same as I do every year. I have three kids DD8, DS5 and I have an infant and this will be his first Christmas.

I'm not getting my DD a lot of toys this year because she never plays with them. Instead she will be getting lots of clothes, shoes, earrings, a jewlery box, a couple of DS games, the only toys she will be getting is Littlest Pet Shop because she actually plays with those, and lots of books.

Not sure about the boys yet but they both will be getting clothes, shoes, books, and toys.

And they are all getting a new pair of PJ's to open up on Christmas Eve so they can wear them that night.

I voted significantly less. We haven't been able to sell our other house, so are supporting 2 houses this year, plus I haven't been able to find a job doing anything, much less what I have my degree in. Luckily DH and I only buy for each other and for DD, who is 26 so she understands. And since we are downsizing we really don't need anything for ourselves.

Not even sure we will go out on BF because it will be too hard to resist if we see something we really want.

Last Christmas my husband was worried about his job (he ended up getting laid off in May) so we spent the bare minimum. He just got a new job 3 weeks ago, so while I will spend the same on family members, I plan to splurge a bit on my children. Not a large amount, but my son has been wanting a DS so he will probably get one this year

Husband lost his job this past year which for us was 2 spells of unemployment in less than a year. There are just other things that need our attention. My kids will have a Christmas it just will be differant than other years. Lots of dollar store goodies and necessities with maybe one big thing.