Seriously? Black Friday in July? Are you guys serious?

Brad

I love my t-shirt I got last year!! I still wear it all the time even though it looks like a dress on me, lol!! my friends are tired of hearing me say....when i was on gottadeal forums today...:D maybe i will say it enough and they will sign up:yup:

+1

lol I'm actually using the shirt to gage my weight loss! :D everyone asks me about it whenever I wear it too.

---

hmm. i bet i can start gathering store hours by the end of august..... and have them confirmed by end of september. i know a lot of places are already planning their big bf events. my new next door neighbor is actually the manager of the walmart by me, maybe i can get an inside scoop!

I am so happy to see this! There's no better time to start thinking of BF than July in Texas when it's 100+ degrees. I was just telling the co-workers I can't wait for Fall...Texas high school football Friday nights, cooler weather, and BF!!! No way is this too early.

HEY GUYS!!!! yay!! I have been checking to see if u had any updates lol I cant belive its just 20 weeks!!! thats not really that long..but then again it is for us who cant wait! I gotta few leads on some ads (thru my "connections" lol) just waiting for the for sure thing ya know lol well thanks for thinkin of all us BF ADDICTS LOL (p.s. im the one that made that song about yall on you tube last year!):D

Wow,

I just thought I would check it out. I am so happy to find others here. I am pretty much done with my gift shopping so now I can find the extras. My gift for this year was announced after we finished BF last year. He will camp out at whichever store I would like to go to first. He has ethical problems with giving cuts, but he will hold my spot for me and then let me go in first at that store.

Only problem is that I have no clue what I may want to shop for yet. I assume, this problem will solve itself as the ads come out.

Question that I have is about buying Black Friday shirts? I saw this earlier on the list and would love the answer to this question too.

Have a great day planning for Black Friday 2009.

Question that I have is about buying Black Friday shirts? I saw this earlier on the list and would love the answer to this question too.

I haven't decided what we'll do about BF t-shirts this year. We're going to have so much other stuff to give away that I'm not going to tell you about just yet (including other BF goodies) so I don't know if we'll have BF shirts printed up in addition to the standard GD t-shirts.

One option is to set up something through a site like CafePress.com where you can just order what you want (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc...) but those kinds of sites use thermal transfers instead of screen printing, so quality is not always great. Maybe that doesn't matter for a shirt most will only wear once or twice. I don't know.

It's still early, so nothing is finalized yet. I'm just trying to figure out what the best plan is to allow everyone to get what they want without making a huge amount of extra work for me during an already extremely busy time.

I haven't decided what we'll do about BF t-shirts this year. We're going to have so much other stuff to give away that I'm not going to tell you about just yet (including other BF goodies) so I don't know if we'll have BF shirts printed up in addition to the standard GD t-shirts.

One option is to set up something through a site like CafePress.com where you can just order what you want (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc...) but those kinds of sites use thermal transfers instead of screen printing, so quality is not always great. Maybe that doesn't matter for a shirt most will only wear once or twice. I don't know.

It's still early, so nothing is finalized yet. I'm just trying to figure out what the best plan is to allow everyone to get what they want without making a huge amount of extra work for me during an already extremely busy time.

that will prob work i like the cafe press idea! i love my shirt from last year but wouldnt mind a lesser quailty b/c it is really only worn aroud the holidays lol i do sport it a few times just to get stares lol sweats would be cool and travel coffee mugs!

I bought a cafe press shirt for another site I am on and it has held up fine :g_shrug:

I bought a cafe press shirt for another site I am on and it has held up fine :g_shrug:

That's good to know. If we do use cafepress or a similar site, I'd set it up so that the shirts are as inexpensive as possible - we wouldn't make a penny on them.

It is not crazy to think of BF in July, considering I went to my local Dollar Tree today, and they had tons of HALLOWEEN/FALL stuff on the shelves. LOL

I could not believe it. Then to top it off, I get home and in the mail is a "Fall Harvest" catalog. :rolleyes:

Every year, the holiday stuff gets put out earlier and earlier...

If the stores can stock for holidays that aren't really close, we can talk about 'em! :D

Love love love Black Friday!! Can't wait, but I love GD a bunch too and stick around all year for all the deals and can't believe how much stuff I have already for this year's Christmas!! So bring on the ads and thanks a bunch Gottadeal!! :)

Glad everyone is happy to have the forum open :D

We're really going to need your help this year spreading the word about the site. Things like facebook and twitter can really help us and the more people that know about the site, the better chance of getting ads earlier :)

Glad everyone is happy to have the forum open :D

We're really going to need your help this year spreading the word about the site. Things like facebook and twitter can really help us and the more people that know about the site, the better chance of getting ads earlier :)

Consider it done.....going to go send a mass email to everyone in my contacts now!!!!