Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Have to warn people about what has happened to me today at Target...I swear, after the travel swing switch to the bouncer this past spring, I feel like I must have "sucker" stamped across my forehead...

So I check out at target with a bunch of stuff today, and because I have two of my kids with me, I'm not keeping a good eye on the register, as I usually do, since I'm stuck getting my 4 yo under control, and telling him to get his jacket on so we can leave, etc. So about 2 hours after I get home, I finally get the time to go through my bags and put stuff away, and check my receipt...there is a charge for a gift card, of $10...so I'm confused...did I buy something that gave me a gift card? No, $10 was added to my total, not subtracted...did I get a gift card I don't know about--maybe my ds added it to my stuff? Nope, went through all of the bags, no GC...did the cashier add it to my bill and pocket it? YUP...

I called the store and the first guy I talked to in GS told me I'd have to come in and talk to someone...now I'm already pissed this has happened to me, AND I live nearly 40 minutes from the store, AND I JUST got back from the store, AND it's Christmas time! Do I want to go back??? UM, NOOOOOOOO...so now I'm really ticked off, and telling him that I need to talk to someone, because I'm not going to drive all the way there and have someone look at me funny like I'm trying to pull something over on them...so they give me a team leader who I've seen there before, and I explain the whole thing to him, and even tell him that it's possible the cashier pocketed the card...so he takes the info from my receipt, and tells me he needs to look at video, and he'll call me back within an hour...I even asked him, since I had the GC # on the receipt, if they could just deactivate the card, to prove I hadn't taken it. He told me no, that it was a matter they took very seriously, and would need to look at the video of the transaction. A half hour later, he calls me back, and is going to credit me. I asked if he figured out what the "problem" was, and he said they were investing an employee...he apologized profusely, and thanked me for bringing it to their attention, because it was a "very serious matter." So he asked if I had any items over $10 on the receipt, and I only had one, a box of diapers that was $29.99. He said he issued a credit in the amount of $29.99 to my card to compensate for the problem, and again apologized that this had happened to me. So I basically paid $10 for a big box of diapers, since they issued the credit for that item, and not for the GC...

I am going to send an e-mail to corporate, because that is truly good customer service...I'd have been happy with getting my $10 credit and not having had to go back there to do it, but he went above and beyond, and THAT is what will keep me shopping there! I am VERY pleased. Oh, and I should've known something was up, because of the way she handed me my receipt. I was sidetracked with the kids, but I specifically remember, the receipt was folded over with the print on the inside, so I'd have had to take the time to open it to scan it, and she would've been caught right then...by handing it to me the way she did, I avoided looking at it, even briefly...and in this instance, it was good that I didn't look at it right then, because it would've given her the opportunity to make it seem like it was an honest mistake, instead of them catching her red-handed on the video surveillance...

Just something to keep in mind...I've had SO many things similar to this happen to me over the past two years...makes me wonder how many things like this I have missed? UGH...

Just to give a heads up to Minnesota shoppers--My relative who works for Target told me their big toy clearance will start on Christmas Eve this year. The usually 30% at first and then another markdown 1 week later to 50%. :cheesy:

Last year was my first clearance toy sale (thanks to gottadeal :tongue1:). I just want to know what the usual routine is for the toy clearance?? I have already seen some toys tagged with clearance stickers. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Have to warn people about what has happened to me today at Target...I swear, after the travel swing switch to the bouncer this past spring, I feel like I must have "sucker" stamped across my forehead...

So I check out at target with a bunch of stuff today, and because I have two of my kids with me, I'm not keeping a good eye on the register, as I usually do, since I'm stuck getting my 4 yo under control, and telling him to get his jacket on so we can leave, etc. So about 2 hours after I get home, I finally get the time to go through my bags and put stuff away, and check my receipt...there is a charge for a gift card, of $10...so I'm confused...did I buy something that gave me a gift card? No, $10 was added to my total, not subtracted...did I get a gift card I don't know about--maybe my ds added it to my stuff? Nope, went through all of the bags, no GC...did the cashier add it to my bill and pocket it? YUP...

I called the store and the first guy I talked to in GS told me I'd have to come in and talk to someone...now I'm already pissed this has happened to me, AND I live nearly 40 minutes from the store, AND I JUST got back from the store, AND it's Christmas time! Do I want to go back??? UM, NOOOOOOOO...so now I'm really ticked off, and telling him that I need to talk to someone, because I'm not going to drive all the way there and have someone look at me funny like I'm trying to pull something over on them...so they give me a team leader who I've seen there before, and I explain the whole thing to him, and even tell him that it's possible the cashier pocketed the card...so he takes the info from my receipt, and tells me he needs to look at video, and he'll call me back within an hour...I even asked him, since I had the GC # on the receipt, if they could just deactivate the card, to prove I hadn't taken it. He told me no, that it was a matter they took very seriously, and would need to look at the video of the transaction. A half hour later, he calls me back, and is going to credit me. I asked if he figured out what the "problem" was, and he said they were investing an employee...he apologized profusely, and thanked me for bringing it to their attention, because it was a "very serious matter." So he asked if I had any items over $10 on the receipt, and I only had one, a box of diapers that was $29.99. He said he issued a credit in the amount of $29.99 to my card to compensate for the problem, and again apologized that this had happened to me. So I basically paid $10 for a big box of diapers, since they issued the credit for that item, and not for the GC...

I am going to send an e-mail to corporate, because that is truly good customer service...I'd have been happy with getting my $10 credit and not having had to go back there to do it, but he went above and beyond, and THAT is what will keep me shopping there! I am VERY pleased. Oh, and I should've known something was up, because of the way she handed me my receipt. I was sidetracked with the kids, but I specifically remember, the receipt was folded over with the print on the inside, so I'd have had to take the time to open it to scan it, and she would've been caught right then...by handing it to me the way she did, I avoided looking at it, even briefly...and in this instance, it was good that I didn't look at it right then, because it would've given her the opportunity to make it seem like it was an honest mistake, instead of them catching her red-handed on the video surveillance...

Just something to keep in mind...I've had SO many things similar to this happen to me over the past two years...makes me wonder how many things like this I have missed? UGH...

I am so glad to hear that they were able to prove it-- but how frustrating to have to go back in to do it......

almost similar thing to me last year--only i paid and never got my $20 in change. Didnt realize until i got home and the store had closed for the night and had to wait until the next morning to call and go in..... but they checked the video and sure enough my change was pocketed by the cashier :shock: -- they did give me my $20 back though --I really thought that i just had lost it on the way out and never would have thought it would have been taken at checkout.

enjoy the rest of your holidays

I am so glad to hear that they were able to prove it-- but how frustrating to have to go back in to do it......

almost similar thing to me last year--only i paid and never got my $20 in change. Didnt realize until i got home and the store had closed for the night and had to wait until the next morning to call and go in..... but they checked the video and sure enough my change was pocketed by the cashier :shock: -- they did give me my $20 back though --I really thought that i just had lost it on the way out and never would have thought it would have been taken at checkout.

enjoy the rest of your holidays

No, I didn't even have to go back in...when they got me to the TL, they just took the receipt info, and took care of everything over the phone, including crediting my card! That's a main part of why I'm so impressed! Isn't it amazing how many dishonest people there are in the world? Sickening...I think it's great that it seems they videotape all transactions, though. Definitely makes me feel safer about checking out in their stores...

It's not clearance, but I got a deal on Pepsi products 12-packs today. They are on sale 4/$11 (at least in our area). There is a coupon for $1 off a pepsi 12 pack on their website. That made them $1.75 each.

thanks for the deal, will print some coupons later.

I'd hope target would look into this particular cashiers log to see how many GC she's been selling(amount of card, frequency, etc). It's easy to imagine lots of ppl wouldn't think to look at their receipts this time of year with so much shopping to be done. They will probably have their own loss prevention team do research.

That cashier STOLE from you. If it had been me, I would have also called the police to report the theft especially knowing it's on video. Who knows how many other people this person ripped off.

The store has Loss Prevention that will do that. They take employee theft very seriously in retail - it is what my dh does for a living - except not for Target anymore. I am sure they are going to do a complete investigation on this employee to make sure they catch all of the theft taking place. It can be a long process and they don't want to tip off the employee that they know what is going on before they get all of their evidence in place. They employee might have only taken $10 this time but chances are he/she has done it over and over again and the store will be able to prosecute for more than the $10.

That cashier STOLE from you. If it had been me, I would have also called the police to report the theft especially knowing it's on video. Who knows how many other people this person ripped off.

I hadn't really thought of that...good point...and thank you nikkilugi for the clarification on what takes place, because I'm hoping she'll be in jail for Christmas...

Just curious if it is only here or if other areas of the country are also seeing fairly bare shelves already. Things still looked good even a couple of days ago for after Christmas shopping, but I stopped by today and both of my closest stores are looking pretty shabby. One store has already started consolidating Christmas and moved mini-seasonal to the area with the wrap and decorations. They have started stocking storage stuff up there. They are filling a whole aisle of Christmas with toys because they don't have other seasonal merchandise. The trees are completely gone at both stores. A tiny section of lights, maybe 3 feet wide and all Phillips. Not much in toys, either. It is really dismal. I don't have high hopes for either the after Christmas nor the toy clearance. Maybe there will be more coming, but all the news reports say otherwise. Stores stocked pretty lean this year to avoid leftovers. I guess it might have worked.

I was very thankful last week when I managed to grab the last "leapfrog scout" and an amazing DS game on clearance. I normally don't get any toys this late in season but one was a last minute whim(mine) and the other a list minute list for santa(cousin). I was suprised the toy aisles were very disorganized and empty with 1 or 2 carts full of returns or unwanted stuff from scanner. I felt sorry for all the parents trying to find stuff and the employees just telling them everything was out of stock:(

Just curious if it is only here or if other areas of the country are also seeing fairly bare shelves already. Things still looked good even a couple of days ago for after Christmas shopping, but I stopped by today and both of my closest stores are looking pretty shabby. One store has already started consolidating Christmas and moved mini-seasonal to the area with the wrap and decorations. They have started stocking storage stuff up there. They are filling a whole aisle of Christmas with toys because they don't have other seasonal merchandise. The trees are completely gone at both stores. A tiny section of lights, maybe 3 feet wide and all Phillips. Not much in toys, either. It is really dismal. I don't have high hopes for either the after Christmas nor the toy clearance. Maybe there will be more coming, but all the news reports say otherwise. Stores stocked pretty lean this year to avoid leftovers. I guess it might have worked.

I was in a Target yesterday and had the exact same thoughts. They were consolidating Christmas and there were so many bare shelves. A two-sided aisle in toys had the big ride-ons and Handy Manny tool benches filling the space. The dollar spot was also completely wiped out! I don't think clearance will be anything near what it has been, but in my case, that is probably a good thing as I have way too much already.

I went in to Target today for some last minute Christmas items. There were alot of toys marked down already. I did not have time (or the patience for that matter) to look up and down each aisle as the store was packed. I did notice toy wrestlers were 50% off (my boys love those), some of the generation girls (or whatever those dolls are called) furniture items were 30% off and some were 50%.

All of their endcaps were full of cleanrance toys.

did not go in the toys aisle, my kids were with me. and i have already picked up enough, did not want any more temptations or demands from kids.

did check out the christmas aisles. 30% off excluding christmas gift paper :yuck: was not happy. paid so much for giftpaper, i could have got atleast one toy each kid for that money.

will again tomm, hopefully it will be 50% off :D

Yep! Noticed the same thing...Bare shelves. It might just be a Southern Cali thing as I know we are both in cali...But the 3 Targets I frequent all have consolidated their Christmas down to 2 or 3 isles...Also I noticed that my Targets didnt have huge stocks of toys like in the past so I question how much clearance they will have...I guess we will see as sometimes they do have extra in the stockroom.

Hey all.

As I said when I returned just after Black Friday, it's been a few years since I actually did any perimeter perusing. So take my input for now with a grain of salt.

However, I seem to remember similar every year around this time.

And every year more and more pallets of toys and Chr-stmas items are brought out after the holiday and during the clearance period.

I can't guarantee there will be great clearance selection.

...but I'm not going to worry too much about it until I actually see how it goes.

tinkrbel I think leapfrog scout is a recall item because of its paws comes apart but you can check it out if am wrong am sorry but to be on the safe side check it out okay thanks.

The Scout that was recalled was an older version with stickers on the paws that could be a choking hazard. The new Scout has stitching on the paws.

The Scout that was recalled was an older version with stickers on the paws that could be a choking hazard. The new Scout has stitching on the paws.

that's what my brother mentioned when I called to see if it would make a good gift, but thanks anyhow. It would be awful to give a dangerous gift.

My mother takes care of nephew while they work and has been raving about it for weeks but didn't know if SHE liked it or Sam enjoyed it:P

um...

Hey everyone.

I guess this is my first post as the new moderator for this sub-forum. I don't plan on doing anything too blatant, except for one little thing...

When I returned to the site, I was surprised to learn that perimeterperusing.com was generated from the posts here. There used to be another site that did similar with Target clearance, and the posts there generated a similar list. But that seemed to disappear and perimeterperusing.com appeared. I have noticed many posts are not formatted to auto list on perimeterperusing.com, and I think that is a shame.

So first, for those who may not know how to format a list of clearance you found to auto list, it is easy. When you are listing the items found, list each one on a separate line. At the start of each line, put three pound signs, then list the item. DPCI, UPC, percentage off would be nice, but it is not necessary.

For example, if bikes were on sale, a properly formatted entry with would look like (example provided by Brad):

### some really cool thing - $9.41 (DPCI: 1234567890)(not an actual deal, example only)

### another thing - $2.49 (75% off) (not an actual deal, example only)

However, do not feel you have to list your finds this way. This is where I'll come in.

I'll be going in to any posts not formatted in the way to autolist and "fixing" them, so the list is updated with all deals posted.

I'm excited.

I hope y'all find this helpful. :)

Sounds awesome!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l204/GatorPam/icq-blush.gif

Thanks!

Oh, and your examples, they showed up on the Perimeter website, lol.

Yeah, I was afraid they would, hence the (not an actual deal...) in the listing.

If there is a way to demonstrate the format without that happening, I need to learn how.

Btw, I never new about that website til now. :)

hmm...

I wonder if a sticky thread in the subforum can be generated that "pimps" the site?

SUPER HOT DEAL-TODAY ONLY

Okay, just got back from SW Cedar Rapids Target. I'll post my other finds in a Minute

HA

### Handy Manny Fix It Right Manny's Motorcycle - $17.38 (reg $34.79) (dcpi 204033249) (12/24 only, print out Target $10 off coupon, get it for $7.38)

PRINT OUT the $10 off coupon on Target's Website. It EXPIRES TODAY 12/24.

But ya, I just picked one of these up for $7.38 plus tax!!! Got a bday present for the youngest, she actually asked for this for Christmas, but ya, her birthday is in 2 weeks.

WOOT!

BRB with more finds

Hope I did this right.

Edited by noehlp

Okay, also on Target's website is a $1 off Market Pantry Fresh Made Pies (sold in the bakery area). Well my target had Apple, Pecan, and Pumpkin Pies on sale for $1.99. After coupon they'd only cost you $0.99!!!

Also, if you go for any of the My Little Pony stuff, at Coupons.com there is a printable Save $5 on $20 purchase for My Little Pony.

Also, there were a "few" Star Wars items on clearance, and at Coupons.com there is a printable $5 off $20 Star Wars purchase, wait I THINK that coupon is at that website, if not, I can try to find it later.

There was what I consider a fairly large amount of 50% off toys, and also 30% off toys. Some were stacked together with other coupons, and some were scattered throughout the aisles, pay attention, look for orange stickers (or red).

Also, in the sporting goods, TONS of stuff 30% and 50% off, including tents, fold-able chairs, lanterns, etc.

Okay, here are some good finds in my book, I did not purchase any of these, hope I am giving the correct DCI numbers also, some I did not have the time to write down.

50% Off

### Disney Princess Furniture Table Set - NOW $9.98 (Was $19.99)

### Franklin 5 Game Set (Badmitton, Volleyball, etc) - NOW $9.34 Was $18.34

### Dance Around Dora - NOW $24.98 Was $49.99

### Fisher Price Little People Dance n Twirl Palace - NOW $17.48 (was $34.99)

### Graco 8-in-1 Deluxe Playset - NOW $14.98 (was $29.99)

### Kid Klean Bath Blizzard - NOW $9.98 (was $19.99)

### Little Mommy Achoo - NOW $13.50 (50% Off, didn't write down reg price)

### Little Mommy Scoot so Scoot - NOW $13.44 (50% Off, didn't write down reg price)

### My Little Pony Pinkie Pie Playhouse - NOW $22.48 Was $44.99

### - FYI, there were other big sets of my little pony 50% off also, the gumball thingy majig, and another 2

### VSmile Cyber Pocket, only saw the pink ones I believe - NOW $24.98 (was $49.99)

### VTech Learn & Discover Globe - NOW $14.98 Was $29.99

### Wow Wee Alive Sleeping Cuties - NOW 50% Off

30% Off

### Fisher-Price Medical Kit - NOW $5.98 (was $11.99) - 30% Off

### Rubic's Cube - Now $7 (Was $10) - 30% Off

If anyone see's this hit 75% off in the coming days, please feel free to Private Message me to let me know: Graco 8-in-1 Deluxe Playset - NOW $14.98 (was $29.99)

Okay, like I said, there were a TON more toys on sale, for 50% and 30% off, I only wrote down the ones that made me say WOW!

Edited by noehlp
Inserted auto feed formatting