Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

You need a scanner with a number pad on the side. Then just type in the DCPI and it will come up with all the info just as if you had scanned the item itself.

Sorry.......beginner question here...........Where do we get the scannsers from? Use the club web ones? Thanks in advance.

JTF

Target will still take them...as long as they beep at the register, they will go through...I just did this on Saturday with a coupon for Scout...

Still searching for Violet...:(

Thank you, I learn so much ;) do you think it will continue to work for awhile/or can't be sure.

Just remembering Leapster games were in BF ad for $ 15 that means with coupon they'd be 10! :eyepoppin

I've seen people comment to this effect for quite some time now, and if I'm not mistaken, it's Target's stated policy...guess I'd better plan on getting some games too, then, while I'm there on BF...already printed out the coupons, but haven't had time to be thorough with the ads yet...

Target will still take them...as long as they beep at the register, they will go through...I just did this on Saturday with a coupon for Scout...

Still searching for Violet...:(

Officially they don't take them. Some stores seem to pay more attention than others. Many cashiers check the dates on all coupons, and they are not required to take them. So, YMMV...

went today to check out electronics. the ipod speakers I was watching was no longer there. Found my regular markdown lady and she had them in her cart with a orange sticker that said 0. Asked her about it and she said it was salvage. It didn't go below 50% ($75).

went to cs to price match monsters inc that I purchased 3 days ago. Brought my ad & receipt. Had to argue until they just wanted to get rid of me and asked "ok, what would you like me to do?". So I got my $8 back

went to cs to price match monsters inc that I purchased 3 days ago. Brought my ad & receipt. Had to argue until they just wanted to get rid of me and asked "ok, what would you like me to do?". So I got my $8 back

What ad did you use to PM Monster's Inc?

quick question....

I posted this in the Toy Book thread, but haven't had any replies: I bought 2 UP movies yesterday, with a bunch of other stuff, and used the 10/2 TQ since my store has been OOS on Monsters Inc. Not sure how my coupons applied to my transaction though. All my coupons beeped through- MQs and TQs, but I don't see any "target coupons" listed except for my reusable bags. Can I assume that they all applied since they all beeped?

Help from the Target gurus please ;)

Nevermind... I think I scored the deal.

If it's a MFQ, you really shouldn't do it. They won't get reimbursed for the coupon/s from the manufactuer, which is what leads to a lot of our stores being weary of coupons to begin with.

I did not know this, either! I've only done it the one time, so now I know better!

I was very disenchanted by my perimeter peruse up in Monroe, NY. Target is not near me so it's a trek and I usually do well. There was nothing worth buying and something are "clearance" were a mere 10% off. I am hoping to fare better in the coming weeks.:confused:

I was very disenchanted by my perimeter peruse up in Monroe, NY. Target is not near me so it's a trek and I usually do well. There was nothing worth buying and something are "clearance" were a mere 10% off. I am hoping to fare better in the coming weeks.:confused:

This always happens as we approach Christmas. Some of the rest of the vets may remember, but I think the big domestics markdown that just happened is the last really big one before Christmas. They'll start on toys a bit before Christmas, marking some stuff down 30% to get it to move before the end of the year. Then after Christmas the cycle starts up again and runs through the various departments till spring.

This always happens as we approach Christmas. Some of the rest of the vets may remember, but I think the big domestics markdown that just happened is the last really big one before Christmas. They'll start on toys a bit before Christmas, marking some stuff down 30% to get it to move before the end of the year. Then after Christmas the cycle starts up again and runs through the various departments till spring.

yes, I've already noticed that the endcaps are being cleared of clearance stuff to make way for the Black Friday stock. Some years, I've even seen clearance stuff go away for a bit during the busy shopping season and then come back later.

Although, yesterday I did find some amazing deals on Wii/DS/PSP games. Ice Age was marked down from $50 to $12.50 (found 3) and those $10 off 2 coupons make the deal incredibly sweet. I am returning some of the titles I found during the B2G1 free sale a couple weeks ago, cause I found them even cheaper.

If it's a MFQ, you really shouldn't do it. They won't get reimbursed for the coupon/s from the manufactuer, which is what leads to a lot of our stores being weary of coupons to begin with.

Just as an fyi, I was told at two different Targets that they do take expired mfqs because they are reimbursed up to six months after the expiration date. I am not sure what the policy is in other stores, but that is what I was told in mine.

yes, I've already noticed that the endcaps are being cleared of clearance stuff to make way for the Black Friday stock. Some years, I've even seen clearance stuff go away for a bit during the busy shopping season and then come back later.

Although, yesterday I did find some amazing deals on Wii/DS/PSP games. Ice Age was marked down from $50 to $12.50 (found 3) and those $10 off 2 coupons make the deal incredibly sweet. I am returning some of the titles I found during the B2G1 free sale a couple weeks ago, cause I found them even cheaper.

yep, me too! :-)