Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Woo Hoo:D:D Boise Target on Milwaukee found TVs for the kids. I got mine the dvd ones, as space is a premium. There was one more with the dvd player. Oddly the sticker said 60% off. the previous sticker was 21%??????

### 008090119 Trutech 19" HDTV $74.94

###008091345 Trutech 19" hdtv w/ dvd player $110.64

If anyone happens to run into either one of these TVs .. will you PM me? I can't find them in any of my Targets here and hoping someone would be able to pick one up for me if you find one. TIA

The bulk stuff at my store (Ward Pkwy, KC) is mostly at 15%, but some is 30% off. The diapers are clearing out fast. I finally bought a box with coupons today at 30% because I know if I waited through the weekend they will all be gone. I'm holding out on the cleaning/personal items. I'm guessing it will stay at 30% for at least a week.

Ok. So now I'm thinking I should go back and buy at least one for my older son. It says its for kids 4+ years. Do you think that a young 3 year old will understand how to play with one? I would prefer not to just buy a toy and hold on to it over a year -- I've got enough stuff in my house already! :P The games for it seem pretty expensive (at least $20). Is it really worth it to buy one, considering you need to keep buying games for it?

I am sort of outta the Leapster/Leap Frog stuff since we have what we need even if it is older models, but I will say this... sometimes when they clearance things like this, it's to make room for a newer, different type of player that will be coming out. My only reason for saying this is that since you say you will be holding on to it for awhile or that maybe your son won't be using it so much until he is a bit older, you might find that by the time he is using it a lot, Leap Frog has something totally different on the market.

I'm not in anyway saying that the Leapsters aren't good. Heck, we still have the Leap Frog writers... not sure if they even make those anymore, and my girls still occasionally play with them. Leap Frog is a good brand and it usually will always have good resale so you should easily get back close to what you paid for it (IF you get it at 75% off) even if it's used. However, like with all electronic toys/gadgets, they continually keep updating and making the players do slightly different things.

... and the worst case could be that they change the games/cartridges as well and then you might have to find that stuff on ebay to fit the player you have.

My 10 year old had the original Leapster when it first came out and all the cartridges work with all Leapster products. I need a new one for my 3 year old (he's turning 4 in August) but has been using the old one since before he turned 3.

Leapster is great on backwards compatibility and being that the Leapster2 came out last year, I don't think they'll have another one replacing it. The original Leapster2 (green one) is still at reg. price so I think this one is clearanced out only because of the Star Wars styling.

HTH and hope I can still get one as well

They should eventually go lower. The thing I've found about the bulk items is that people who tend to use coupons snatch that stuff up earlier because with a coupon, 30% off can still be a pretty good deal especially if you NEED something. I have found some good deals in the past when things went to 50% off, but Target seems a bit less likely to have as much stock as they might have in past years... or for whatever reasons they don't seem to mark down as quickly anymore IMO.

I bought a ton of bulk stuff over the weekend with coupons. :yup:

I have my eye on a slingback loveseat that's part of the outdoor furniture section.

Anybody know when that summer furniture starts clearancing? Doesn't the back-to-school section typically take that space? If so, I'm thinking it should be in the next few weeks.

has anyone tried any of the clearance wines?

Absolutely! I usually try a bottle of the ones I am interested in when they are at 30% (they generally start at 15%) and if I like it, I stash some somewhere in the store or just hope they are there at 50-75% depending on cost and how much I like it. I have had some AWESOME wines, and some stinkers. Smoking Loon was a total bust, and I bought it without having tried it. So, I ended up with a few bottles and didn't bother returning them. Oh well. Some of the current crop are good. I've tried the Australian Sauvignon Blanc with the screwtop, can't think of the maker. It was very nice. So many people don't realize that the high end vintners, especially in Australia & New Zealand have moved from corks to screw tops, so they ignore them. Good for me! People also often ignore the international wines that don't look familiar. Big mistake. Again, some really great deals. We tried one of the Oops! wines from Chile this week and it was very good. Can't remember off hand which one, though.

I have a few others to try this week and early next before the next mark down. But there is quite a selection in the clearance stuff. I even saw Sonoma Cutrer Chardonay (hate CA chards myself, though) which is a very pricey wine in general. So, definitely check them out!

I am sort of outta the Leapster/Leap Frog stuff since we have what we need even if it is older models, but I will say this... sometimes when they clearance things like this, it's to make room for a newer, different type of player that will be coming out. My only reason for saying this is that since you say you will be holding on to it for awhile or that maybe your son won't be using it so much until he is a bit older, you might find that by the time he is using it a lot, Leap Frog has something totally different on the market.

I'm not in anyway saying that the Leapsters aren't good. Heck, we still have the Leap Frog writers... not sure if they even make those anymore, and my girls still occasionally play with them. Leap Frog is a good brand and it usually will always have good resale so you should easily get back close to what you paid for it (IF you get it at 75% off) even if it's used. However, like with all electronic toys/gadgets, they continually keep updating and making the players do slightly different things.

... and the worst case could be that they change the games/cartridges as well and then you might have to find that stuff on ebay to fit the player you have.

No need to worry about that. I agree with the other poster that Leapster has awesome backward compatibility on these things. The Leapster2 was just introduced, all the old standard Leapster & Leapster LMax cartridges work with it (as was the case with the LMax when it came out to replace the standard, original Leapster) in addition to the new Leapster2 cartridges. There will not likely be a replacement/major improvement for the L2 for at least 2-3 years at the earliest. It is a safe bet.

No need to worry about that. I agree with the other poster that Leapster has awesome backward compatibility on these things. The Leapster2 was just introduced, all the old standard Leapster & Leapster LMax cartridges work with it (as was the case with the LMax when it came out to replace the standard, original Leapster) in addition to the new Leapster2 cartridges. There will not likely be a replacement/major improvement for the L2 for at least 2-3 years at the earliest. It is a safe bet.

Well it's a good thing I'm not 'worrying' :)

My point (that I think you missed) is that Leapster has changed the TYPES of things that the unit does. The early leapsters were just handheld mode; then they came out with the ones that could also play on the TV (lmax); then I believe that there is now something called the Didj that allows some kind of computer interaction.

The WORST case situation (as I said) would be that they would decide that they would change the software that would play on the unit. But, since you're in the know about the marketing plans of Leap Frog, it's all good.

:yup:

On the subject of patio clearance, I noticed today that my store has already sold it's gazebo display and the compost bins were 30% off two weeks ago. My guess it will be going soon. HTH

I guess it's time to be on the lookout. Thanks!

I found:

203 16 0491 Capri Sun 20 packs for $2.44 (50% off)

071 20 2120 Quaker Chewy granola bars $1.14 (50% off)

203 13 0003 MP on the go packets iced tea flavor- there were other flavors $1.34 (50% off)

049 00 1960 Dial complete foaming soap 2 pack with refill $1.98 (50% off)

049 11 0052 Sonicare toothbrush model R732 $32.48 (75% off)

Does anybody have this toothbrush? Is it good?

Ther were also several Wii and Xbox360 games marked down to 30% off. I didn't buy any, though. I figured I'd hold out for at least 50% off.

I guess it's time to be on the lookout. Thanks!

It is usually in July, so it should start reasonably soon. I bought my patio furniture 75% off the 2nd week of July last year. It was the week before I was moving, and the people at the new house let me move it straight there. That's why I remember. :-)

It is usually in July, so it should start reasonably soon. I bought my patio furniture 75% off the 2nd week of July last year. It was the week before I was moving, and the people at the new house let me move it straight there. That's why I remember. :-)

Wow, what wonderful timing for you!

One morning a couple of years ago, I happened to walk by the outdoor furniture area as they were marking the stuff down to 75%. I was amazed at how many people were there waiting like vultures to grab that furniture! One man had rented a U-Haul and bought everything he could get his hands on. I remember the employees nearly being mobbed as they kept bringing more product out of the stockroom. It was a sight to see, for sure.

I managed to get my share, but it's funny how situations like that leave you wanting more. I've missed it the past 2 years and really want to at least get that loveseat this time around. :D

Here is what I got today:

###Disney Pix Frame 7" digital photo frame (Hannah Montana/Princess) - $18.74 (reg. $79.99!!)

###Q2GO LED Projecor BBQ Utensil set - $9.99 (50% off)

###various wines (Kendall Jackson, Smoking Look, etc.) 50% off

Does anyone know when the tents and camping stuff goes down?

Seems like it is shortly after the big July/August toy markdown, if memory serves. Maybe 2-4 weeks later, so that'd be the middle to the end of August. And that would seem about right for the end of the major camping season and beginning of a lot of hunting seasons in many areas.

I was at Target this morning and they have some patio furniture on clearance at 50% off. Mainly the big items, gazebos, swings, chairs, loveseats, etc. All of the folding chairs and folding tables are still full price. They also had string lights, lawn fertilizer, weed killer and lots of other stuff that I can't remember.

I was at Target this morning and they have some patio furniture on clearance at 50% off. Mainly the big items, gazebos, swings, chairs, loveseats, etc. All of the folding chairs and folding tables are still full price. They also had string lights, lawn fertilizer, weed killer and lots of other stuff that I can't remember.

That's funny. I was at one store this morning, and only the small odds & ends decorative items were on sale. They were 50% off also.

Today I went to the Scottsdale Pavillions at Indian Bend and the 101. No Patio furniture on clearance, a few odds and ends at 50%, like some small garden sculptures and fake cactus in pots. 3 racks of 75% womens clothes, mostly long sleeved shirts, which hardly ever sell here in the sunny southwest. A few kids shoes at 50%. Pretty much all bulk items GONE

Alison

Scottsdale, AZ

I can't waittttt for this july/august toy sale. the countdown is getting shorter... tongue1:

last year I got all my christmas/birthdays done.... that's the plan this year too!!:D

I was just thinking about that today! We're going to Canada in July I hope we're back in time...