Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

KC...what store did you look at? I was at the Mission one and most things were 15% still (and some weren't marked at all...most diapers were full price still). I am going to start stalking the bulk items b/c there are some GOOD deals to be had with coupons!

I had a great Target run today...found 2 MMs (cashier didn't bat an eye) and got a bunch of stuff free with coupons.

Leapsters were still $39.98 at the one store here. Markdown guy was scanning only electronics and auto at the endcap in toys and mumbling about how stupid it is that he'll have to come back tomorrow to do more stuff in the same endcap.

North Garland (Highway 190) store had about 20 marked down to 19.98 this morning.

Thank you so very much for posting this. I just made a quick run to this store and picked a couple from there!! :)

They have 4 more at this location. For anyone else heading that way they have put the leapsters in the corner end cap of the toys section.

Edited by frizz

Went to Frank Lloyd Wright and 101 in SCOTTSDALE THIS MORNING>

Not much in cleaning supplies, except bulk chemicals, ie: clorox toilet bowl cleaner and scrubbing bubbles in a can, but still just 30%

Found 1 mm, Fruit punch, YEAH

Bought 2 but left about 8 Star Wars Leapster, they were 19.9X. Thank you to the poster who said other games would also work on this handset, otherwise I would have never bought it, 1 for my own dd, 12, and one for the gift closet.

There were about 3 racks of womens clothes 75%, Daughter, 16, found a top and bottom that matched, in swim suits (that were 75%), in a size S, lots of choices of swim suits but not many matching tops and bottoms in the same size,

THERE were some really cuter pajama sets only 30%, darn, I could really use some new summer pj's.

Still in the end spent 160.XX...OUCH, just on a whim, to go to Target..I need to stay out of that store...Yeah right ;-)

Alison

Scottsdale, AZ

Well I am totally confused now with my Targets but today I found about 8 to 10 star wars leapsters marked to 19.99. I bought two for my friend. The other two Targets around me had been out of them for a couple of weeks already. Go figure! Also, they had many cleaning supplies 75% off, plastic baggies 50% off, and kleenex and flushable wipes 50% off. I had a good day there.

As far as the diapers and household items go with my targets - they have started giving a lot of items to our local GoodWill stores. One time I was in GoodWill and found about 10 super big boxes of Pampers diapers ranging from 10 to 15 dollars for the 90 to 144 packs! I asked and they said it was from Target stores. I hope they give the Huggies overstock to them soon!

Haven't been to Target in quite awhile, but went today for Wet Ones. ANYWAY, they had a lot of bulk items 1/2 price... it even appeared that some stickers went straight from 15% to 50%. Not everything was marked that low; some was still 15% and some 30%, but here is a list of what I saw at 1/2 price:

Viva Paper Towels

Bounty Paper Towels

Kleenex-- multi packs and singles

Cottonelle moist wipes

Toilet Paper (Angel Soft?? and Charmin, I believe) Oh and Cottonelle.

Biz Laundry Soap

Quite a few cleaning supplies

... all I can really remember. Much of it was also dispersed through the regular aisles as well as up toward the front where the bulk items are.

Got a couple Minute Maids. I so rarely have the clerk say anything about it during checkout, but today she happened to notice the price and commented "ohhh how cheap!" "Wonder why they are so cheap..."

I just said, "I dunno, but I have kids outta school, and they get thirsty, so that's all that matters to me!"--We both giggled and that was the end of that. Certainly don't need anymore eyes watching out for those juice boxes than there have already gotten to be.

Which Target where you at? TIA

Scored some good deals today.

Leapsters were $19.98

Cottonelle 6 double rolls of TP (12 reg) marked to $2.44 plus $1.00 off man. coupon =$1.44

Cottonelle moist wipes Marked to $2.44 plus .50 off man. coupon =$1.94

Charmin 8 Mega rolls TP (20 reg) marked down to $3.48

2 MP grape juices for .59

Woo-hoo! I found the following:

5-Bounty 8 roll paper towel packs for 3.24(less 5-$1 target website coupons and 3 manf $.25)= [email protected] and [email protected]

2-Kleenex 3pks 2.12(less .50 coupons)=1.62ea

7-35 sq ft recycled reynolds wrap foil 1.48(less $1 coupons)= .48ea

4-cottonelle 6 dbl rolls 2.44(less cottonelle $1 website coupons) 1.44 ea

4-hefty 50ct paper plates 1.12(less .50 coupons)= .62ea

1-charmin mega roll 8 pk mismarked @ $1.48

Leapsters went 75% off in Springfield yesterday. They had, no kidding, at least 20 of them earlier this week. But by the time I got there last night, they only had 1 left. All busted up and retaped. I passed. Will try to check Branson today.

And thanks for the reviews on Scene It for Xbox 360. I was able to pick one up for $19.99. Looks fun!

Does anyone know if you call a specific Target with the Leapster DPCI number, if they would be able to tell you the correct clearance price over the phone. That would save me driving over to check.

Some will, some won't, but by calling you alert employees to the sale price of an item and most likely they could buy it before you can get there to buy it. It's a good way to help the employees get the deal if the item isn't marked so calling isn't recommended......

Does anyone know if you call a specific Target with the Leapster DPCI number, if they would be able to tell you the correct clearance price over the phone. That would save me driving over to check.

Don't tell them what it is. Just say "Can you check a price on something?" I think it says something like "Leapster Star Wars" on the screen so the employee would probably assume it was the game.

Some will, some won't, but by calling you alert employees to the sale price of an item and most likely they could buy it before you can get there to buy it. It's a good way to help the employees get the deal if the item isn't marked so calling isn't recommended......

:gdyeahthat: I can't speak for all ee's but alot of them got fed up with the phone calls during the big January toy clearance and gave out wrong info just to stick it to the callers. You could get lucky and you might not.

If you really want to try, you might just want to ask if it's in stock and then if they say yes, try to confirm the price with them.

Approximately 8 of the leapster 2's at the Gravois Bluffs target in St. Louis as of 8:00 last night. $19.98 of course. They were in the regular section. Scored a Dyson (DC 20 something) floor sample reg. $549.00 marked down to $384.00 then marked with an As-Is sticker to $269.01. Top it all off with a 10% and you had a happy shopper. Oh yeah and two minute maids! All in all it was a great night.

I found a SpongeBob SquarePants Boombox (CD player + AM/FM radio) marked down to $5.98 today (reg. $29.99). It was in a toy aisle around iDog-type stuff.

It's made by Memorex and has good quality sound. The box says it's a "Target Exclusive."

Saw two Roombas at 30% here in Kansas City ($13X.XX), along with a Weber Grill. I would LOVE one of those Roombas! I would only buy one at 75%, though, so it's probably not going to happen.

Our bulk items are still mostly 15% and they moved almost all of it to the regular aisle endcaps. Which is good because regular shoppers may not notice it there, but bad b/c I have to walk all over the store to look for it all!

Saw two Roombas at 30% here in Kansas City ($13X.XX), along with a Weber Grill. I would LOVE one of those Roombas! I would only buy one at 75%, though, so it's probably not going to happen.

Our bulk items are still mostly 15% and they moved almost all of it to the regular aisle endcaps. Which is good because regular shoppers may not notice it there, but bad b/c I have to walk all over the store to look for it all!

A word about the Roomba....apparently the one which is on clearance is an older model and it has a LOT of flaws. DH has been researching them for at least 6 months, and everyone with the older models have had a number of problems. So, unless you have a pretty basic need in a very uncluttered, unobstructed room, I'd skip it. We just bought the newest model, the 560, and it is great. We bought a reconditioned one on Overstock.com and have had it about 2 weeks. DH is in heaven and takes care of it entirely (woohoo!!) The older ones had a lot of problems with parts breaking and not being able to navigate that well. The new ones are pretty cool if you have had floors (it isn't great for carpets). We have hardwood & tile throughout the house. It does a decent job cleaning up after the kids on the rug under the dining room table, but we will still have to pull the old vacuum out once in a while.

Just my $.02, but wanted to toss it out there.

Only one leapster here this weekend but its still $55. By the time it goes to $20 it is sure to be gone so I think I'm gonna give up on getting this great deal. Congrats to those of you who did get it though.

A word about the Roomba....apparently the one which is on clearance is an older model and it has a LOT of flaws. DH has been researching them for at least 6 months, and everyone with the older models have had a number of problems. So, unless you have a pretty basic need in a very uncluttered, unobstructed room, I'd skip it. We just bought the newest model, the 560, and it is great. We bought a reconditioned one on Overstock.com and have had it about 2 weeks. DH is in heaven and takes care of it entirely (woohoo!!) The older ones had a lot of problems with parts breaking and not being able to navigate that well. The new ones are pretty cool if you have had floors (it isn't great for carpets). We have hardwood & tile throughout the house. It does a decent job cleaning up after the kids on the rug under the dining room table, but we will still have to pull the old vacuum out once in a while.

Just my $.02, but wanted to toss it out there.

LOVE - LOVE my Roomba. Got it a few month back from woot.com. It is iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum with Lighthouse Technology for $150 + $5 S/H = $155. (I believe when I researched back then it was $250 everywhere else.) This is the model they sell at BJ's and other wholesale clubs and some TV stations. This is the 1st model that has all the newest technology including lighthouse and better cleaning like already mentioned. I think the only thing it's missing over the newest model is scheduling cleaning..

We have hardwood, tile, lenolium and carpeted upstairs and it cleans everywhere beautifully. I only used the regular vacuum on the stairs and the area rug in the living room (it gets stuck under our weird leather/wooden coaches so I don't let it go there until we figure how to lift them a bit higher) for the last couple of months. I even find that I dust less since when the floors are clean the whole house feels cleaner for longer..

I think I bought the Roomba back in Feb and they were just selling them again at the end of May so I would check there often. From what I understand they put a new product at midnight every night then wait for all to get sold.