Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I purchased ink for my printer i opened the box and someone had returned an EMPTY ink cartridge, i couldnt believe it i dont even know how in the world they opened the box and got it in/out of there but the plastic wrap inside was clearly opened it wasnt a fluke thing. they looked at me like i was trying to pull something when i returned it but let me get a new one.

Yup. Last year, I read in a Target employees forum that an employee got fired and arrested because she (allegedly) failed to check the box of a flat screen TV that was returned. It was a box full of bricks. Don't know the whole story as to whether the employee was actually in on it, or not, but that was what Target thought. They had her arrested. They are supposed to open the box and check it if it has clearly been opened, but maybe not if it looks sealed.

/QUOTE]

I was told that if an item is over $250, they are supposed to open it up and check the contents. I returned an unopened breastpump (with a receipt) and as the guy started opening it and cutting through the seal, I told him that if he breaks the seal, they can't sell it anymore. That's when he told me they have to open it and check the contents if the item's price is more than $250. They did the same thing when I returned a PS3 that was unopened.

I was going to purchase a blu-ray player on Black Friday at Wal-Mart. When I picked it up the box seemed light, but eletronics are getting lighter is all I thought. But when I got to the register, it really started to bother me, so I told the cashier that I was afraid the box was empty. She called over a manager and they opened the box, and sure enough, no blu-ray player. Just packing materials. I am glad I decided to ask. Can you imagine trying to return an empty box and claiming there never was a dvd player? They would have told me to fly a kite!

:D I just saw that and was fixing to post about it..u beat me to it!!! I have never had anything like this happen to me, but my mom bought an antenae for her camper tv, and opened the box only to find it empty. She tried to take it back to wm and they accused her of stealing it. She shops there all the time and the employees know her (small town) and some are her customers (hairstylist) she ended up calling corp. and getting them involved and got it replaced. I can't believe how low some people will stoop!!:no:

It just goes to show that you should check EVERYTHING before you leave the premises. It would also help if the customer service cashiers would check things when they are returned (I'm not accusing anyone, so don't take it personally). Obviously these items have been purchased, then removed or switched, and then returned. This is why prices are insane.

Does Target have any free shipping codes or money off codes?

You can get 10% off at Target.com if you have AAA. If not, I would do a search on the web for coupon codes. I'm not aware of them having Free Shipping codes (though I could be wrong) -- they usually just have certain items that qualify for free shipping when you spend a certain amount (like $50 or so).

Has anyone seen those red alligator (or dragon or whatever it is) humidifiers at 50% or more? My Target has a whole shelf of them at 30% off and I really want to get one when they go to 50 or 75, but they are STUCK at 30. Any idea when they do mark downs for that kind of thing? (They are on an endcap in health/beauty).

The good news is my princess bike is still there. The bad news it's still 30%.

Tonight at My superT found some random good deals...

Mens suit jackets 14 something.. down from 49.99? they were? i saw black but YMMV

Mens ultimate polos on a clearance shelf 3.74 mainly larger sizes, xl, xxl...

Mens flat front merona khakis, with stain guard and some other feature i cant remember right now...2.49 for one pair i found in like a greenish khaki, other colors like black and tan were 9.48 or something similar, about 50% off. Again mainly larger sizes..40,42.

In the car maintenance section i saw an end cap of those plug in coolers/warmers for the car for 15.48 the brands were rubbermaid and the other slipped my mind...i believe they were 39.99 reg price. they looked nice, with an armrest top.

in the furn section bar height wooden stools, nice, all wood medium stained 41 dollars each

3 peice kitchen table set in box 160 down from 229? nice all wood. I believe the bar height set was also the same price. there were two different stains to choose from.

I was going to purchase a blu-ray player on Black Friday at Wal-Mart. When I picked it up the box seemed light, but eletronics are getting lighter is all I thought. But when I got to the register, it really started to bother me, so I told the cashier that I was afraid the box was empty. She called over a manager and they opened the box, and sure enough, no blu-ray player. Just packing materials. I am glad I decided to ask. Can you imagine trying to return an empty box and claiming there never was a dvd player? They would have told me to fly a kite!

Wow, that is just crazy. I am so glad you opened it before leaving the store!!! What did the manager say?

I found some great deals on EASTER stuff, still! I found various toys that were misplaced back into the toy department never got salvaged (donated to salvation army, etc.). They were last maked at 90% off, but now when you scan them, they come up $0.00 or "not found in system." If you talk to the right person, they will give you the 90% off price. I have done this twice, but there were MANY other toys misplaced there that I could have bought.

These toys include the easter hotwheels colorchangers set, the tonka funwheels?, and various little "take-along" cars featuring characters from Dora and Diego, Sesame street and Spongbob, etc. I found most of these in the toy department near where the small children toys are, near where the Wonderpets and Yo Gabba Gabba toys are. They have little bins there with smaller toys and these easter left-overs were mixed in there. They might not look to much like Easter toys, so scan them to check if they show up in the system. Good luck!:o

I found some great deals on EASTER stuff, still! I found various toys that were misplaced back into the toy department never got salvaged (donated to salvation army, etc.). They were last maked at 90% off, but now when you scan them, they come up $0.00 or "not found in system." If you talk to the right person, they will give you the 90% off price. I have done this twice, but there were MANY other toys misplaced there that I could have bought.

These toys include the easter hotwheels colorchangers set, the tonka funwheels?, and various little "take-along" cars featuring characters from Dora and Diego, Sesame street and Spongbob, etc. I found most of these in the toy department near where the small children toys are, near where the Wonderpets and Yo Gabba Gabba toys are. They have little bins there with smaller toys and these easter left-overs were mixed in there. They might not look to much like Easter toys, so scan them to check if they show up in the system. Good luck!:o

Yeah, I found some too and got shot down. One particular store always gives me fits. I try my hardest to pick the best cashier, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Most stores will sell them to me, but not this one. Ugh!

There are also the pink LPS decorate pets and I have found several Easter packs of Zubber. I bought the main kit and figure we can use the Zubber to make anything, not just the Easter shapes.

Just an FYI for those looking for the Leapster 2 deal. If your store has been sold out, be sure to check back. They brought out 50 of them at one of my local stores over night! Other stores I have visited have also been putting them out.

Which stores do you go to? I roam the Montclair/Chino/Diamond Bar/Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga Stores and try to get out to West Covina when I desperately need something.

Yeah, I found some too and got shot down. One particular store always gives me fits. I try my hardest to pick the best cashier, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Most stores will sell them to me, but not this one. Ugh!

There are also the pink LPS decorate pets and I have found several Easter packs of Zubber. I bought the main kit and figure we can use the Zubber to make anything, not just the Easter shapes.

I found hot-wheels 6 pk. and Nickelodean Sponge Bob 3 pk. cars on the end-cap on Mon. Scanned $0. Cashier asked how much and I said .30 cents each - can't even remember how much these were to begin with??

I've seen it somewhere on here before and now that I need it I can't find it. Could some one please help me out and tell me what the web address is to check the numbers to see if there is an item at my local store? I've been searching and can't find it. Thanks!

Wow, that is just crazy. I am so glad you opened it before leaving the store!!! What did the manager say?

cute cake!~ did you make it?

also wondering what the managaer said on it too--did they have more for you to get one? ours went fast on black friday this year and they didnt have very many...

Which stores do you go to? I roam the Montclair/Chino/Diamond Bar/Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga Stores and try to get out to West Covina when I desperately need something.

I'm in Pasadena, so I generally hit the SG Valley stores: Pasadena, Duarte, Eagle Rock, Alhambra, Glendale. I also get over to Burbank once in a while, and about once every few weeks I get to La Verne, San Dimas & Diamond Bar. If I get to Diamond Bar, I try to come back by way of the 10 and hit West Covina, down to Rosemead. But I usually only really get over to those stores when there is a big clearance sale I want to follow around.

I found hot-wheels 6 pk. and Nickelodean Sponge Bob 3 pk. cars on the end-cap on Mon. Scanned $0. Cashier asked how much and I said .30 cents each - can't even remember how much these were to begin with??

Yeah, I always tell them the price, but I have 1 store in particular where the manager is a horrible stickler and will not give an inch. If they ring up INF or $0, then I am almost always out of luck. Every once in a while I'll get a nice, young cashier who will go along with things, but most of the time they request a price check! It drives me batty since almost all the other stores in the area will just go along with what you tell them.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone is Las Vegas. I was in 3 of my local stores and they only had 75% off the easter stuff. Is 90% normal at this time or does it go on a store by store basis? I'm new at this and all the tips are very helpful. Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea when the baby formula would be marked down (what part of the schedule it is on??) Baby or with the food stuff? At our stores they have it just after the food aisles, not with the baby section so wasn't sure which area it would get marked down with. Our stores of tons of baby formula on clearance but only 30 or 50 off and I would love to get it at 75! Luckily, it's the kind I use.......hopefully someone has an idea?

Does anyone have any idea when the baby formula would be marked down (what part of the schedule it is on??) Baby or with the food stuff? At our stores they have it just after the food aisles, not with the baby section so wasn't sure which area it would get marked down with. Our stores of tons of baby formula on clearance but only 30 or 50 off and I would love to get it at 75! Luckily, it's the kind I use.......hopefully someone has an idea?

It is usually marked with Baby stuff here, but it does not usually go down on the 2 week schedule. They always seem to drag it out more around here.

I didnt realize formula was on clearance.. which ones is it?