Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

lol! its around 7am here and my DD already asked if we were going ot Target this morning and I told her no, lol. We have been going pretty much everyday since she got out of school for the holidays (dec.19th) and since its rainy here, its a good day to stay home.

I don't think you missed anything. It was still 75% in the Opelika store. I am not sure about your area. This was the last day I could go early. :(

Target on Winchester in Memphis, TN and Horn Lake, MS still holding at %75%. Not much worth left picking over either. I 've checked the Target on Winchester for 5 days straight and they aren't budging. Not sure if I'll even bother tomorrow. It's a 40 minute drive for me, and I'm beginning to add up my gas costs and reconsider if it's worth the hunt anymore.

I thought Winchester didn't have anything anyway? Horn Lake still has a pretty decent amount of stuff (trees, ornaments, gift sets LOTS of edibles). Damon (the manager at Horn Lake) said coporate told them to mark it Sunday to Tuesday depending on inventory, so I would say all stores who are still 75% will be 90% tomorrow.

I'm waiting on Cordova!!!

My target was 90% off today. i dont know if it was the first day or not, but its fairly wiped out.

A couple ladies got in there early and were walking around with two absolutely full shopping carts full of stuff. Now, I understand loading up, I usually load up on stuff I know we can use. I wonder about the people with multiple carts full tho, is it strictly impulse or do some of them use it for donations or some other upfrontly intended purpose? I mean, who can use a whole cart full of stockings? LOL! Last year at 90% we loaded up on new lights and a wonderful new tree, a wreath (that unfortunately got ruined in the flooding), etc. So Yes I DO UNDERSTAND loading up! ya know! Not flaming, just wondering, ya know what I mean?

Plano, TX store was 90% off today. But at 9am they didn't have a great deal left (had ornaments, if you need those). I got some wrapping paper and an ornament box. As I entered, I saw a lady checking out with two full carts of christmas stuff.

Schaumburg IL was 90%, got a suprise find of Aluminum Foil and Parchment Paper combo for $0.40 cents! Got a few light sets that were in the process of being restocked and a few other things I actually did need!

Went to a few others in the area (Streamwood, Schaumburg) and was stupid and didn't call first. Both were still 75%, what a waste of a drive!

Also, South Elgin was 90%. Too bad it is 25 miles from where I work, but only 4 miles from home but I bet by the time I could get there tonight it will be picked clean.

Norman Target was 90% this morning. It was pretty picked over. For some reason they were just putting out some of the little 3 pks of the coke lip sticks in the little red stockings. They were $.39 so I grabbed a few but left some for others.Also got some of the Lender truffle candies for $.39 each. (White chocolate truffle NUMMY) Because of this forum, I picked up 3 of the LPS advent calenders and asked the clerk. She said she didnt know so she asked one of the supervisors. When she scanned it with her pocket pricer it came up 12.99 but she said "well it looks like Christmas to me and its an Advent calender" give it to her for 90% off. They still had at least 8 left so if anyone is close you might do the same thing.

Clark, NJ was at 90% but there was nothing left but 2 shelves of scraps. I didn't even bother picking through it. I saw about 7 boxes of the Glad Trash bags with the penguin but they were ringing up $6.50. I didn't even bother trying to get them to mark it down.

Hopped in the car - AGAIN - this morning at 8:00 am. :gdcar:

The Target closest to my home (Quincy & Buckley - SE Aurora, CO) FINALLY went to 90% today. Surprisingly, there was a nice variety to choose from.

My kids asked if they could have their own Christmas tree in their room next year. I found some cute 3' prelit trees for $2.49 each. I even found a really nice fiber optic tree for $2.49. Picked up some decorations for them.

Got my iron pinecone candle holders - missed out on the bowl though. The cinnamon scented pinecones were only .79 each so I stocked up on them.

The only candles that were offered at 90% off were a couple soy candles. Why are they holding on to the fall candles at 15-30% off is beyond me...

I met a gal who was picking out some 12" (approx) ceramic trays (Santa and Snowman) for only .39 each. She uses them for gift plates for baked goodies. Makes for a really nice presentation! I was sold! I picked up 8 of them.

Saved another $404 today! We are officially done shopping for Christmas 2009! :holiday16:

Now, I just need the toys to go down! :gdclown:

I am so grateful for this thread. You all have posted some GREAT ideas and suggestions. I covered so many future bases and honestly have you all to thank. I learned a lot here!!!

:gdxoxo:

Apparently everything went 90% yesterday BUT I went to my 3 stores and found some really nice things still in their original depts. (Men's, Housewares, Etc.) Also at the last store, a couple of the girls were pulling out lots of carts full of Christmas ornaments and stuff.

###Men's Leather Travel Bags (ditty bags for toiletries) - $1

###Body Wash Poufs - $0.09

###Packs of Stationary for Christmas Letters - $0.29

###Christmas Seals - $0.29

###Rubbermaid Gift Wrap box that fits under the bed - $1.50

###Brown Silk Chair Cushions - $1.29

###Infant Fleece Shirt / Pants Set - $0.89

### Toddler Charlie Brown Christmas Shirt - $0.79

###Quilted Grey Snowflake Throw - $2.49

###Scotch Gift Wrap Cutter - $0.49 (Used $1 MFR Q)

Not Christmas but other Clearance Finds....

###Toddler Shoes - $7.48 (50%)

###Gushers Fruit Snacks - $1.07 (used $0.75 Target Q)

###Sit and Stand Stroller - $90.98 (30%)

###Lionel Holiday Train Set - $69.XX (Orig. $199.99)

Also LOTS of activity in the toy sections. Lots of toys moved to the new aisles for clearance...still 30% off though.

I am new to this and loving it. My store in Cypress, Ca was 90% this morning. There was not alot left, but they did put out some Dixie Christmas bowls for .28 cents. I managed to get 4 of those. Also, they put out 4 Reynolds/parchment paper sets for .30 cents and I snagged those, too. I saved $110.00 altogether on misc. items (lights, tree skirt, etc.)

Now bring on the toy sale. The toy dept was buzzing. They were putting out lots of new toys and moving the clearanced toys, but still 30%. Nothing is moving so I hope they get the hint very quickly. You know, while I still have some money left.:D

90% on Seasonal in North Texas

Some of the finds were:

###044150331 Red box mens shoe shine kit 1.00 was 10.00

###044150301 Red box mens hankies .50 was 5.00

###065061143 blue and white wooden church building advent calendar 2.79 was 27.99 (It's very simple, which makes it extremely beautiful, IMHO)

###200002089 silver and purple ceramic mugs .49 was 4.99

###051140716 3 ft fiber optic tree in urn 2.99 was 29.99

###087071770 cars holiday packs .69 was 6.99

###200082163 2 tier golden server 2.49 was 24.99

Also found a few of the black dot clearance, rang up .10 (90% off too) . . . that surprised me. Lots of cards, some wrapping paper, bows, ornaments. Going fast.

Toy departments here are getting set for the clearance too. Everything was being rearranged.

I thought Winchester didn't have anything anyway? Horn Lake still has a pretty decent amount of stuff (trees, ornaments, gift sets LOTS of edibles). Damon (the manager at Horn Lake) said coporate told them to mark it Sunday to Tuesday depending on inventory, so I would say all stores who are still 75% will be 90% tomorrow.

I'm waiting on Cordova!!!

After seeing the 75% off sign AGAIN on Winchester I scanned the aisles quickly and left. I didn't look at the trees so I don't know if there are any left. They had a few aisles of Christmas stuff left but I didn't linger to check for hidden stuff thrown in the Christmas aisles. Anyway after tallying up my receipts and having totally blown the budget I think I'm done. I won't be going back to Winchester tomorrow. The managers at that store don't really seem to be helpful and seem rather standoffish. This morning while one lady was scanning just to make sure it wasn't 90% in the system and employee walked by and smartly commented, Yep, it's all still 75%."

Any stores in Illinois 90%?

The 3 by me are all 90% and have been since yesterday. Bolingbrook (on Boughton), Aurora(on rt. 59), and Naperville (on Diehl). The one on Diehl had the most and best stuff.

Got plain green gift bags I can use for birthdays @ $0.39, 2 snowflake earing/necklace sets for $0.79 each, stuffed snowman for $0.79, and giftboxes (plain white to use anytime!) for $0.39.

They were actually taking all the dollar items off the racks, even though the sign said 75% for them still. I asked the lady if she was moving them or if they were no longer available for sale. She said they were taking them down to donate. I grabbed what I needed for stocking stuffers next year before she boxed the rest of it all up. Sigh.

Went to one in CT which was 90%. Actually I called 1st and the one that's a little closer to me (by one mall) is still 75% or at least that's what they told me. I called this one (also by the mall) and they said 90% so I went. It was picked clean though... One isle and NOTHING interesting.. Black dot spot was picked clean too (not even signs left.) Also browsed through the entire store and nothing with wintery pattern left. Everything rang full price too. Doesn't seem like we have as much merchandise or great deals up here. We don't have that many Targets either (3 within 30 miles radius) so maybe that's why?

Actually I did find two Dora Winter Land coloring books and one Barbie Christmas carol but couldn't get them to reduce it in price. I asked two employees with guns and both said Nope. And I asked the person by the register and she was thinking it should be reduced at first but she asekd another one on the register next to her and he explained that books don't usually get clearanced as they just send them back to manufacturer.. That's seemes a bit silly to me. Wouldn't they rather sell it to me?? (I envy all of you guys who get all there price adjustments as our Targets don't seem willing to budge)

I found some Burt Bee's (sp. ??) on sale but only down 60 cents or something like that.. (Were people finding these clearanced out a lot??) I hid two pckgs. - more for the experience as I've never done it before and I just want to see if that works for the future..

Also saw some bath packages and make-up with kiddie characters - Cars, Curious George etc. Also only down about 60 cents. Will those go on sale more?? (I thought these could be great for my dd3 B-Day gift packs)

Also I found two Pooh newborn sets in electronics and I was hoping those were on clearance. But they rang full price. I thought Pooh stuff was all on clearance a few days ago (signs for 75% off) or was there a particular Christmas pattern??

The only things I bought were 4 bear mugs gift set for $10 down from $20. I think my hubby would love these as we don't have any bear mugs and he likes bear. And also special gift pack of two large old spice body wash and a wash cloth. I think it was $5. I was debating whether I wanted it but I realized it was all color red and I thought this would be great as Valentine's present.

I have another question. Is there clearance/special pricing before Valentine's or only after?? (Just wondering whether I want to be on the lookout for presents now or wait closer to Valentine)

Ohh. and it looks like Toys at this Target are at 50%. There were some "Cars" and some other things that have been scanning at 50% and marked at 50% for a while.. Weird since the other two Targets are at 30%. And it looked like some of the Toys that were marked 30% in other Targets are not marked-down at all??