Stinkin Hasbro

saiynee

I ordered two Furreal Kitty cats this week for my 4 year old twins. I got the box today and "Surprise!", there was only one cat in it. I called them right away and was told that there may or may not be another one coming (the rep couldn't tell for sure) and if I don't get it Monday to call back. Then I said, well would I be able to get next day delivery because this is a Christmas gift, and she told me that they are out of stock. What the hell? I better get that damn cat, it's one of the only things my girls asked for.

ugh, i cannot warn people enough to stay away from that company!!! I assure you they don't care and won't follow up! I went through this last year with them saying my order had shipped and it hadn't!...i'm talking over a week of back and forth over if it had actually shipped or not. I would immediately start looking for the cat elsewhere just in case (you can always return the replacement if the first doesnt show). good luck!

OMG, I immediately thought of you and that darn horse when I opened that box. I am heading out today to try to find a replacement. I won't be able to get it at the same price, but just to make my kids hapy it will be worth it.

ugh, i cannot warn people enough to stay away from that company!!! I assure you they don't care and won't follow up! I went through this last year with them saying my order had shipped and it hadn't!...i'm talking over a week of back and forth over if it had actually shipped or not. I would immediately start looking for the cat elsewhere just in case (you can always return the replacement if the first doesnt show). good luck!

As soon as I saw this post I couldn't help but remember the horse ordeal (and many others) from last year. I didn't even look at their deals this year. You'd think in this economy that companies would realize that they really need to work hard to please the customer. Many of us have already taken our shopping budgets elsewhere and I'm sure more will continue to do so if they don't show some significant improvement in a jiffy!

I'm sorry that you're going through this and I hope your second kitty arrives in time. Like the others said, I would definitely start searching for a backup just in case.

Kitty was on my 4 year old's list too...I picked it up today at Target where it is on temporary price cut for $34.99 (minus my 10% off - YAY!)...it was the best deal I could find on it and it was in stock. Was hoping for the Amazon sale to bring me a deal on it, but I just couldn't wait any more! I'm sure it will now go on sale tomorrow.

Well, I went to target and was able to find one for only a couple bucks more than I originally paid. There were only two left in stock and that was at 10:00 this morning. I am so relieved. Now I just have to see what what happens with Hasbro.

I like so many people thought about the "Horse Fiasco" from last year. Actually I didn't follow the drama last year, but after reading about it in another thread I looked it up. I sat there and read most of the 100's of posts from a year old thread! Honestly this incident is referred to so often on this board I think it needs an official name. My nominations:

The Great Horse Fiasco of '07

The Butterscotch Follies

The Butterscotch Incident

:razz:

Hope it works out for your cat so we don't have another story... The Kitty Conundrum of 2008! :cheesy:

Or maybe the Great Cat-tastrophie! Okay, I need to go to bed!

I like so many people thought about the "Horse Fiasco" from last year. Actually I didn't follow the drama last year, but after reading about it in another thread I looked it up. I sat there and read most of the 100's of posts from a year old thread! Honestly this incident is referred to so often on this board I think it needs an official name. My nominations:

The Butterscotch Follies

Hope it works out for your cat so we don't have another story... The Kitty Conundrum of 2008! :cheesy:

LOL, thanks for the laughs. Those are some great titles. I think I like the Butterscotch Follies the best. :D

I thought of Katiesmommy, too! In fact, I had to check the author of the post to make sure it wasn't her. Poor horse....I didn't shop from them this year, either. Actually, nothing we purchased this year was Hasbro branded.

Glad you found a back-up in case the other doesn't show.

I think I like The Butterscotch Incident the best. :)

The Butterscotch Follies

:rotflol:

These names are great! I like The Butterscotch Incident and the Great Cat-tastrophe!

No cat today. I called them and they have processed my refund. At least they did that easily enough. It just amazes me how I talked to three different people and none of them had any idea where this cat went.

At least I was able to get a replacement. This could have been A LOT worse.

I'm so relieved that you found a replacement (and for not too much more $ than the first!). I'm also way amused (in a sad way) that so many people remember me and "the Butterscotch Christmas incident of 2007" hehe...I know what happened to the kitty...it's still in their warehouse! What a "Great Cat-tastrophe!" lol...ok...maybe time for bed soon ;)