Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

All in all I had another GREAT Black Friday. SIL and I were worried because we'd never been to a 24 hour Walmart that stayed open rather than close until 5AM. We got there around 1:30AM, and there were more people than I expected, but it wasn't bad at all. They had the ad items spread throughout the store, and some of them were still wrapped in plastic (mainly the big ticket items), but neither SIL or I needed any of those things. The associates were very helpful. It was actually an excellent way to start the day. We found the items on our lists first, then walked around leisurely looking at everything else. I got a couple of Hannah Montana backstage closets and dolls, the Barbie surfin cruiser dolls, a CPK doll, the Fisher Price piano and walker wagon, some DVD's, and the paper shredder. The store didn't start to get busy until around 3:30AM, but at that point we were already first in line in the closest register line to the door. LOL The electronic dept was nuts...people were lining up around the store trying to get the Xbox 360 bundle deal. Our cashier was ready at the register at 4:45, and at 5AM promptly she started ringing up our items while we bagged and paid. We were out of there at 5:08, and were standing outside in the line at Target by 5:15. :D SIL had to go over to Sears to try to get the washer/dryer pair and some other things so I waited at Target. They were so organized...they had maps or the doorbuster items, plus they had a cop to oversee things and he stood right up front to make sure there weren't any line cutters. When they opened the doors, I grabbed a cart, took a shortcut from the main aisle, and ran down to grab the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle, which was the big item I wanted. I'm glad I took the shortcut...there was a major bottleneck of carts at the main aisle with everyone trying to get that item, so I sneaked up the side and grabbed one. :yup: I also got the Popcorn Maker, Little People Ride On Firetruck, and some thermal underwear, and was out of there by 6:20, even after having some trouble find the underwear. SIL called while I was in the checkout line and said Sears was a nightmare, but she did the washer/dryer pair. We each wanted one of the staple guns that was in the ad, but the manager told her they never even received any. :rolleyes: Not a big loss, but kind of annoying. We went over to Home Depot so she could get a microwave, then hit the mall. Stopped in Circuit City which was surprisingly not busy. Got the last Wii Fit cover and seasons 5 &6 of Smallville, then went to the attached mall. I got the last 2 computer headsets/microphone at Radio Shack, and at that point I was done! We stopped in Old Navy so SIL could get a couple of hoodies for my niece, then left the mall. Decided to stop by TRU to see how it was, and the parking lot was a nightmare. The parking spots are small anyway, but people were taking up 2 spots, people were parking in the middle of the aisles, ugh, it was a nightmare. We said "Thanks, but No Thanks" and left. Stopped at Kmart to get a My Little Pony carrying case, then went to breakfast around 9:30. This is our earliest finish yet...usually we finish around noon, but I was fine with it because I was exhausted after staying up all night. Dropped SIL off, and I was home asleep on the couch by 11AM!

It was an exhausting day, but totally worth it considering I got everything I wanted, and I'm 90% done with my Christmas shopping!

I was at Walmart when they opened at 5am and I think the problem was that when the store unwrapped the movies, no one knew what titles were the 2 dollar, 6 dollar, 9 dollar, etc. I grabbed a few, but they all turned out to be 9 dollars, so I gave up. A ton of the stuff was not priced, which I think caused them to sell a lot less initially.

I returned to Walmart at 6pm to see if I could get some of the 2 dollar movies. Almost everything was still in stock. They had at least 50 Blu-ray players left, the 4 dollar pajamas, 2 dollar movies and a ton of other blitz items! Of course, no TV's or 5 dollar toys, but a lot of great items were still available at the doorbuster price!

We went to our Walmart again about 10pm. Still lots of doorbusters, I picked up the rubbermaid set I completely forgot this morning and some Cars washcloths, men's fleece pants and toddler track suit. Then PM'd a couple of movies from Toys R Us.

GOt most of my deals this week so was just going for Price adjustments...got to Walmart @4am to get some cheap DVD's. Wrapped pallets everywhere. An odd thing I noticed... At 5 am it was the strangest sound as all the pallets were unwrapped at the same time..like a thundering sound thru-out the store. THe camera dept went wild and thought I need to get out of here or get trapped. As Im walking I see TONS of ppl with 32" Lcd's wow, they must of had alot! Thinking they're gone I make my way there and theres about 20 more on the floor! So I ask if they gave out tickets for these or they belonged to anyone etc. then I got one! for $388.

Headed to Target for price adjs. so I didnt need to get in line. Ive been in line and hate when ppl walk up to get in with the line. I had no intention of doing this, i only needed cust. service area. The line was being let in and about 100 other ppl were waiting behind security for the line to go in first..there was no trouble..all of a sudden some ppl from the line walking in start shouting at us!! "GET IN LINE! Omg...we werent trying to get in with them! we were waiting for the line to end. All of us waiting just looked at each other like WTH! watch too much CNN?

Tons of Dvd deals. Missed out the memory card for my camera. Was able to get a few toys my sister needed. Was home before daylight and in bed by 8...ahhhhhh.

Edited by angel-too

I got to our Walmart at 8:30 am, and it looked like a typical Saturday. Lots of stuff left and I didn't even have to wait in line.

My husband and I went to Target and he said the same thing... busy but like a typical saturday. We found a register right away too. Whats going on ,is it the economy or just crappy sales ?

Thanks to the site! I ordered about 10 things online yesterday morning from best buy, amazon and circuit city. The best thing is all free shipping! :eek:I still had to get out in the BF traffic(lol), so I headed to Walmart (very hectic) and got a Madden 09 Xbox game.

Ran to Office Depot and missed out on the 349 laptop and also missed out on the 379 Bestbuy laptop. I am really bummed about this b/c it's for my DD13 and I need a decent inexpensive one. Then, I went to Jcpenney's and got the 3.99 pillows, a sweater dress, and the 18.88 boys coat. Now, if I can just find a laptop.

I forgot to add there was a bunch of the $88 power wheels left too.....

When you say it was crazy, do you mean as in the people or the deals?

I went to Target at 5:55am and that was a mad house and grabbed a few things. When I went back around 1 all the big items were long gone. That's why I was surprised with all the things left at Wally's...

i wished we had more of the barbie jeeps...the way people acted over them made me sick...i wanted one for my mother she wasnt able to go get it so i went but i missed out because i would not lower myself to act like it was a life and death matter...i would rather pay full price for them

i never made it to walmart this morning in all the hustle bustle cuz by the time i was done at my other stores the 5 - 11 doorbuster time frame had passed, well bout 10 pm i decided to venture over there and pick up a few things i needed and see if anything was left, to my surprise minus the electronics big ticket items they had everything........ all price dvds, video games, $5 toys, $4 pjs...... it was like i didnt miss anything......... sorta surprising as this same walmart in years past has been off the wall crazy with nothing left in minutes....... so either people werent shopping as hard....... or maybe just not at Walmart

I did all my BF shopping this year online. Nothing worth fighting through the crowds.

CircuitCity.com (11/27):

• Xbox 360 Arcade Bundle + 20GB HD + extra controller - $199 + tax

Amazon.com (11/28):

• Saint's Row (360) - $10
  • Left 4 Dead (360) - $40
  • Always Sunny in Philadelphia (DVD) - $15

Buy.com (11/28)

• Xbox 360 Live 12-Month Subscription Messenger Gold Pack - $52

Bought a few things off eBay and Half.com also but not with BF deals.

Started at 3am when Walmart went online :) Picked up 2 shop vacs, clogs for my DD, leapster, v-smile pocket (x2), 8 kids coats, the $29 bike, the $97 gps, the $10 shoe gift set and a $4 sweatshirt for DD.

Went out to Walmart, got there about 4:30am, opened at 5am got the my size barbie (YES!!!!), cabbage patch kid, $9 vacuum and the LAST hannah montana music DS game ($10).

Hit Toys R Us and picked up the other Hannah Montana DS game, HSM DS game, and the 2 petz DS games, the LPS set (I had a $20 coupon so that made it $1.99), the DS case for $10 and the Spongebob Life game for $10. I was stupid and sat in the electronics line right away instead of getting the polly pocket boat first, so I missed that :( might be better though cause the reviews seem to be terrible.

Went to Best Buy and picked up the XM satellite Radio package for $59.99 for my brother in law.

Hit the mall: KB toys (apples to apples game for $12.99), Hallmark (b1g1 50% off ornaments)...picked up 4 ornaments for $16, Disney store (holiday plush minnie for $16, ornament for about $5, pillow for $8), Gamestop (little mermaid DS game for $9.99, used movies 75% off...picked up World Trade Center and all 3 seasons of Nick and Jessica Newlyweds for $7.50 total).

Back to Walmart: Sorry for $10, dvds

Home for my Black Friday Hangover :)

Ended up getting the 32" Dynex for $399. You know, the doorbuster?

Does not shock me as the EMPLOYEES at BB this morning were telling customers not to buy the Dynex doorbuster. They directed them to other Tvs or told them other floor models were for sale at a discount. Yes it is bad business but at least the employees were honest when they were asked if it was a good brand.

Anyhow, this went on for nearly 10 miles when that car turned on their "lights"-- yep a cop

WTH? Where was this? I mean were you the only car on the road so he felt the need to follow you 10 miles w/ his brights on?

Edited by JohnnyLaRue
one more question/comment

Got some great deals at goodies, TRU,BRU,Old navy the normal cost of what i got which was all together about 42 items would have been $1,110 I only spent $302.64!!! Great GReat GRREAT DeaLS! Thanks gottadeal.com!

ALSO MY GOTTADEAL.COM T-SHIRT RESPONES:

Not too many people liked my shirt i actually told this one old fart at TRU off I said "I worked REALLY hard for this shirt, and BTW i'm ahead of you so I guess i AM getting your doorbuster's arn't i!" BUT don't worry i was still nice to him despite his remarks to me:D

Most people LOVED it they said you must be a hard-core BF shopper then I SAid "damn right!:D" All the workers loved it too! Thanks gotta deal for all my X-Tra attention!

I was really peeved at the selection of jeans they had at our walmart. They only had regular fit for men, the kids sizes couldn't be found, and the womens Lee jeans were only black and in very limited sizes! I'll be going to a different Walmart today in the hopes of finding something I couldn't get yesterday.

So i was at my local best buy and wanted to get two different types of laptop, but they stated i could only get one. He stated one per household. I tried to explain it was one laptop per kind. What is the rule and did anyone else had this problem??

(it was door busters)

We started late this year, left around 4:30am to go to our 24hr Walmart. It was a huge mess. The parking overflowed to the grass and other parking lots in the area. Store was jammed. Sent DH and oldest DD to toys and youngest DD and I searched for the clothing items. Blah, I could hardly find anything. There were so many people packed around you couldn't get to any displays. DH called me 10 mins in, with a distinct whine in his voice, that he was stuck and couldn't move anywhere. He decided to give the list to DD and let her find everything and bring back to the cart. She ran herself ragged but managed to get all the toys on her list. I blame the Cowboys for DH's softness today, had they lost on Thanksgiving he would have been in a vile mood and just shoved his way through. I only found a few things I wanted and just said forget it, $4 sleep pants aren't worth that much of a headache. Checkout lines went to the back of the store and there was no organization. Finally managed to check out.

Did a quick stop at Chickfila for biscuits. While the family ate in the car I ran into Target to grab all the DVD's I wanted. Very organized. Easiest run all day.

Took the family home, unloaded, then headed to Penney's for some shoes for DH. HE wouldn't try them on so that garnered a trip back to Penney's later for the correct size. Got a shirt for oldest DD. Since we had to go back I did the survey on the back of my receipt for the 15% off coupon and purchased some clearance clothes on the 2nd trip.

Walgreens had plenty of the B1G1 Little Webkinz so grabbed those and my wrapping supplies.

Went to CVS to burn some ECB's from the prior days free for all on the FAECB items. Got some B1G1 toys and other things.

Then later in the day youngest DD and I decided to hit another Walmart to see if there was anything left. It wasn't crowded at all and they had everything except the bike. We got the clothing items we didn't get the first time.

Came home and ordered some stuff from Newegg, Amazon and Apple.

I now remember why I hadn't done Walmart in several years. We only went because of the toys but I can get the toys somehwere else next time. I'll save Walmart for late in the day from now on.

On a funny side note, while my DH was in the checkout line there was a couple behind him, 2 females, making out and pawing all over each other. He said it was making a lot of people uncomfortable, he could hear some grumbling and said he was glad there weren't any kids around. They kept bumping their cart into DH's legs and after about 5 times he turned and just said "excuse me" and one of them (maybe trying to impress her girlfriend) went off and started cussing him and then said "do you wanna take it outside?", DH just laughed, he's a pretty well built guy and said she was too. Instead of getting angry or cussing back for some reason he channeled Quagmire from Family Guy and said "Well with that attitude there goes the threesome I promised!". Apparently that just lightened them up everyone was laughing even the girls, when he got done checking out he had several new friends and walked out with the guy beisde him still laughing and patting him on the back.

I swear I will NEVER go to Walmart on BF again. I was pushed and got a bloody knee, had a cart run into my back and couldn't walk all day yeaterday. My WM is open 24 hrs, so people broke into the pallets around 3:00 from what I was told. People were literally screaming at cashiers..:eek:..and I helped pull on womans cart through a throng of idiots that wouldn't allow her to move. I didn't get what I went for(port. dvd player), and I don't think they even had hoodies! I did get a camera for my dd. I left there literally bloodied & bruised, and went to Target where my dd and niece were in line. What a difference! They had hired a police officer to control the line jumpers. When 6:00 rolled around, the people that thought they were going to be able to get out of their cars and hop right in were sorely mistaken! They ALL were made to go to the end of the line....which was not a short one I can tell you. They even had employees come out to see if anyone needed assistance on locating their items, and NO ONE was permitted to run! They had every cashier manned at the beginning of their lines for assistance if needed. I got my 2 portable dvd's (same price as Walmart) by walking in and picking them up. We were out of there with our purchases BEFORE the line jumpers that were re-routed were even in the store. I am writing letters! I did get everything my budget allowed...lol...and a few things extra!

WAY TO GO TARGET!!!!!!!

Walked into Best Buy around 1:45pm. Ended up getting the 32" Dynex for $399. You know, the doorbuster? Hey, I have no idea how good or bad it is. My mom needed a TV and this one will get the job done. It's replacing a TV that is at least 16 years old.

On that note, this particular Best Buy (Lindbergh location, ATL) appeared to have a good bit of doorbusters or ticketed items still available around 2pm on Black Friday. I would have never expected to get one of the ticketed items that late in the day.

My BB did not ticket this item. They said they had 65 of them so it was not being ticketed. They only ticketed computers, the PS3 Bundle, and a few TVs

It's amazing to see what people will do to save a few dollars. I've heard of some people camping out and waiting in line at BB, CC, or WM to save $20-30. Then after they got their product, they headed for a restaurant and spent what they saved on a meal and/or a drink.

I thought about going to CC to get the Nuvi 265WT for $249 + tax. But getting up that early and getting trampled was a bummer. On Amazon yesterday, the price was $238.70 w/free shipping and no tax. I opted for 2-day shipping at $11.97 which totaled $250.67.

IMHO, searching online is the way to go -- unless you can get what you want at a local big box store as soon as you walk in the door.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Turkey gets old and dry fast. I'm heading for some catfish or BBQ!

:yup:

My sister and I have Brad to thank for a peaceful morning at Walmart. There were long lines everywhere and people got into actual fights at Kmart. Even parts of Walmart were chaos, but I didn't suffer from that thanks to Brad!!!!

Do you know why?

Well a man that I used to go to church with came along and I was talking to him. He said "how long you been working here" and I said "I don't". He said 'OH are you volunteering' and pointed to my GD shirt. Apparently I looked very "official" and no one messed with me or "my" skid...

I owe my thanks to BRAD for making this all possible... lol

LOL

My shirt had an awesome affect too. I think Brad did an awesome job with the advertising he created.. I never had so many people comment on my clothes before. LOL

I wasnt treated like an employee, but I was called a "BF professional". LMAO!

Went to Walmart 1st. Got everything I was after and then some;) DS talked me into the digital photo frame for myself but I may take it back. Not sure yet if I really want it.

Gamestop was a JOKE!! The store was PACKED (a really small store with waaaayyyy too many people in it) amd instead of having the items out where you could get them, you had to stand in line and wait until you got to the register to see if they still have what you were after for ALL of the doorbusters!! So my sister wanted the Guitar Hero for the DS for $29.99. WHen we went in, we asked an employee who was standing there if they still had them. He said he would check, left and never came back!! So we asked the employee who was handing out ads at the door. She went and found out and told us yes, they still had them at the register, and you couldn't get them until you got to the register. We were already in line, so since she said they had them, we waited. Only to get to the front of the line AN HOUR LATER and the lady in the next line over bought the last one!!! So an hour wasted!!! Will NEVER go their for BF (maybe even during the year) again!! But we were able to get the game from Amazon when we got home for the same price:) (Thanks to this awesome site GottaDeal:) )

Then another nightmare at Radioshack! Tried to order the PS3 controller for $29.99 on Thanksgiving Day because they were up then and a GPS (not on sale). Both items said in stock all the way through checkout. When I clicked submit, I first got an order confirmation, then a screen popped up saying the PS3 controller is sold out so they took it out of my cart but processed the rest of my order :eek: WTF!?!?! SO I called and they said, yeah that happens sometimes. So I cancelled they whole order! Went to Radio Shack at the local mall on BF, they said they wer out of the PS3 controller but they could order it for me and ship it to me, told me to wait in line. The guy even gave me a slip of paper with his name on it so he would get the commission on the sale. So ds18 and I waited in line for 30 minutes for the guy to tell me they couldn't order it!!! ARGH!!! Luckily, ds18 has a friend who works at the Radio Shack in our home town and he sent him a text message saying that they had some still so I called my sister and she went and got it for me. We were out of town for BF and wouldn't be home til late.

With these kind of stories, is it a wonder why people aren't shopping at the B&M stores but online instead?? Retail stores need to wake up ;(

Got everything I needed at Lowes, Target, and Walmart though :)

Does anyone else feel let down? Like the sales just weren't that great?

WTH? Where was this? I mean were you the only car on the road so he felt the need to follow you 10 miles w/ his brights on?

Pretty rural area where I live. I'm only 30 miles to Buffalo, NY, but where I actually live is very, very rural. My husband thinks it was because it was just before the bars closed and the road I came off of (my road) has 4 nightclubs at the end of it (on the lake). I was also the only car I seen the whole way to my sisters.

My wife and I began our BF adventure by driving to the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets as part of their Midnight Madness sale. Although we arrived there around 11:30pm, there were several stores that chose to open early (Izod, Tommy Hilfiger, Aeropostale, and a few others). At that time, Tommy had the longest line to check out, while Ugg had the longest line waiting to enter, as they opened exactly at midnight. When midnight hit, we were at Yankee Candle for their 6 large candles/$60 sale, and Perry Ellis for their 60-80% sale. Since there really wasn't anything else we were interested in, coupled with the fact that we had to travel to other retailers, we left the outlets and saw long lines of traffic trying to enter from the main road or the highway nearby.

We went home so that we could take seperate vehicles as we both had agendas throughout the day. We did meet up at Kohl's, who advertised a 7 pc luggage set for $59.99. I then went to a mall (opened at 6am) to go to Gamestop. This is one of those malls that features both a Gamestop (10 people in line) and EB Games (I was the first in line); however, there are quite a few people that I talked to yesterday that do not know that they are the same company. I purchased the Guitar Hero Bundle pack for the Wii advertised at $129, although it seemed as if the Wii Fit was the popular item at that time.

My shopping adventure concluded with a trip to Best Buy, as I wanted the Norton 360 Premier program (weekend Doorbuster). As I browsed the PC utility software section, I could not find the program anywhere on the shelf or on an endcap. I asked an employee wondering around the section and asked if he could help. He searched the computer and saw that there were some left, so he decided to ask someone up front. After a few minutes, he came back and told me there were none left. He then instructed me to find someone who worked in that area, as they would have a better idea. So I found another employee, who also verified that the store had the program in stock, as well as some other stores in the area who had the program. During this conversation, the Media Manager approached me and said that the store sold out of the program. Although I pointed out to him that two different employees informed me that there was stock on hand, he mentioned that I should check upfront at the Geek Squad desk. Out of curiosity, I asked if the producted could be ordered online (I knew that I could as I saw the employee bring up the product online and saw the $29.99 price), but he said that it was a Doorbuster and that no rainchecks would be given. Now that I am starting to get aggrevated, as I went to the Geek Squad desk and inquired about the product. The employee working there told me he also did not have it at his station, but would look in the backroom for me. After 5 minutes, he approached me to say that they did not have it. So I left this location, and drove out to another BB, which was 20 minutes away. When I got there, I was able to find the program and paid for it at checkout.

In summary, we were fortunate to find the deals we wanted; however, the corporate office of BB will be notified my experience in their store.

Matt

So i was at my local best buy and wanted to get two different types of laptop, but they stated i could only get one. He stated one per household. I tried to explain it was one laptop per kind. What is the rule and did anyone else had this problem??

(it was door busters)

It was supposed to be one laptop per kind per household. So you could get the HP $349 laptop and the $379 Toshiba laptop. But you could only get one of each for your house. They told me I could get one of each ticketed doorbuster, but my hubby could not get any of the same doorbuster items I got.

But we worked that little problem out....;)

I didn't really see much that I wanted this year, so I knew it would be a brief trip. I went to Meijer on Thursday for the Wii Fit and a couple of other doorbusters, so I didn't need to look for those items on Friday.

I went to Lowe's first. Got a dewalt kit (only 3 left when I got there, and I was not that far back in the line) and 20 of the B1G1F storage totes. That's for the garage cleaning project that will take the rest of the weekend.

Then I went to Walgreens and was first in line. Got my porch trees and a tiny TV (have the perfect place for it), and that was it.

I went to Macy's, Office Max and a few other stops, but didn't find any must haves. Since I wasn't going to any high-demand stores, I had a pretty easy time getting from parking lot to parking lot throughout the day.