How far in advance is your Black Friday plan ready?

cassgurlie04

How far in advance is you BF plan ready?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance is you BF plan ready?

• As soon as the ads allow
    • 2 weeks early
    • 1 week early
    • Thanksgiving Day/Night
    • I don't make a plan, I just wing it BF morning

I usually have the main part of my plan ready once the ads i care about come out. But on TG morning is when it's entirely complete. I've actually done alot already in aticipation for BF, I have already purchased nearly $1000 worth of Best Buy GC's for 30% less than face value using eBay and a Microsoft Promotion.

I start planning strategy when the ads start to come out. At the end of September, I created and excel spreadsheet for the people I am buying for, what is wanted, price points, store locations, etc. My 11 y/o DD really wants books again this year as she hasn't found anything to interest her. If this is still the case, I may do all online. I have been getting calls from other people asking to ad their shopping lists to mine. If they supply the prepaid Visa & a finders fee - Maybe I will go out - I just LOVE BF! :cool:

I am starting to plan now, even with just a couple of adds out, but will continue until all the major ones are out, and then until Thanksgiving, as I will be doing some research on the reviews for items sold to decide what is worth the price (cheap junk is still junk) and related to my chances of getting something without getting in line before, say midnight or 3:00 AM, or later if there is no "prize item."

As I will have been in a different city each of the past two years and this year, I map out the various stores within a target area on Google Earth and save placemarks so I know where the stores are located (and sometimes more than one of the same store within a general area). I have western Fort Worth and Weatherford, Texas mapped out already for this year. (See attached picture. Not all lables appear at this zoom level, letters on placemark represent first initial of store name.) :cool:

post-99525-137262186538_thumb.jpg

I must be the odd one out... I've rarely seen anything on BF that I thought was worth camping out for. There are occasionally some items I think are great deals, but not when I add in the time and hassle.

i hear more and more of my neighbors and friends saying this, maybe your not the odd one out, your just one of the sane ones, and all us gd bfers are INSANE:cheesy::razz::cheesy::eyepoppin:yup::cheesy:

I kinda do both. I will see what the ads have when they come out/leaked and then see if something really grabs me.

But I don't go to stores in a specific order or anything.

And with the area Live in, I will NEVER fight with going to Best buy or circuit City to get any DVD or video game deals they have. And if I want electronic items, I try and stick to hh Gregg, Radio Shack and target.

And the only store I (or my dad and I if he is off on that Friday) have gone to for the apst 3 or 4 years is Ace.

I start compiling my list of Wants vs. Needs as the ads come out. I usually don't put together the final plan until thanksgiving day. And it looks like this year will be even more difficult since it seems that ads are not rolling out as early. All of the stores want to be "The Big Sale Store" this year and get the most butts in the door.

I always make a list of items that I am looking for WELL in advance of the ads. Then, I search the ads as I come across them to find good deals on any of those things, or look for good replacements if the sales are that good.

Then, the night before, I get together with my in-laws (who got me into the BF shopping), and we work up a plan to divide and conquer! :)