Has anybody got a scoop on this years BF Deals?

bsutton1

• 2 weeks later...

If you do the BF at BB online, is that for 'in-store' pickup only? I'd be worried that they'd 'accidentally' sell the items I ordered, and that would be a pain. No mix-ups for you so far?

You are not allowed to do in store pick up for BB BF specials on the web. They will ship the items to you which you will have to pay for.

Make sure you have a great internet connection if you do this. BB's site is known to crash on Thanksgiving and on BF. Also dont be too mad if you dont get your item. BB site sometimes get so overloaded they oversell.

You are not allowed to do in store pick up for BB BF specials on the web. They will ship the items to you which you will have to pay for.

Make sure you have a great internet connection if you do this. BB's site is known to crash on Thanksgiving and on BF. Also dont be too mad if you dont get your item. BB site sometimes get so overloaded they oversell.

I was going to say, isn't it hard to get an order through on their site on Thanksgiving because everyone else is trying to do the same thing?

I was going to say, isn't it hard to get an order through on their site on Thanksgiving because everyone else is trying to do the same thing?

Yes. You have two types of people that hit BB website on Thanksgiving.

1. People who want to see the BF ad

2. People who are shopping

It just brings the servers to a grind. I know in years past community members who thought they got the doorbusters online got emails a week later saying that the money will be refunded because they oversold. To be it is not worth it.

For some reason I didnt realize you could do the BF items online for BB- thanks for posting about it everyone! Our BB is so crazy on BF, there is no way I can handle it- pretty much the entire 1 mile radius of parking lots full because we only have one (maybe 2?) store for a city of about 500,000 =(

I don't know if it was just our BB, but if we buy anything at the website, and have to return it, they won't take it back at the store. Year before last, I bought 2 Sirus satellite radios, the extended warrantee. Both of them were crap, and broke within weeks of Christmas, and when DD and her BF tried to take them back to BB, they were given a hard time. They were even willing to trade up and pay the difference. They were told, you buy them at the website, you send them back there. BF ended up pitching his and buying a better one at sears. DD procrastinated, and got a new one last year, but they both lost the warrantee I paid for, and the radio I paid for because they were told to send it back to the website. After that, I don't bother. No matter what they have this year, I am just going to forget it - last year they had so many people there that they ran out of the tickets, and turned people away. They also had to limit the number of people in the store because of the fire marshal.

To do the BF shopping last year, we had to have our computer on BB's shopping cart page on Wednesdaynight, with all our items picked out and in the cart. We refreshed and refreshed until the prices changed at 2am, then submitted our order. This was on dial-up too! If we hadn't been prepared with our cart loaded and cc info in, it would've been slammed for sure.

To do the BF shopping last year, we had to have our computer on BB's shopping cart page on Wednesdaynight, with all our items picked out and in the cart. We refreshed and refreshed until the prices changed at 2am, then submitted our order. This was on dial-up too! If we hadn't been prepared with our cart loaded and cc info in, it would've been slammed for sure.

Oh great idea I hope to remember to do this with all of my stores online

Oh great idea I hope to remember to do this with all of my stores online

It is a great idea but please remember that some of the items at BB like laptops and desktops that will be on sale are not part of regular inventory. BB will order special specs on BF computers and use a different SKU number so early ordering and price matching cant be done. Keep the great ideas coming!

Well I know this is probably going to be frowned upon by some, but I happened upon this method accidentaly a couple of years ago. REALLY! But it really only works if you dont have a ton of stuff or anything huge.

If you have a return to BB wait to take it until BF. Then when you go in, you can snag your stuff and have it with you when you go to customer service. They will ring it up there.

When I first did this I was waiting in line to return something and DH walked around and picked up the few small things that we wanted. He was done by the time I got the the head of the line and the girl in customer service offered to ring them up. Sweet! In and out in less than 30 minutes! The next year I wanted to price match something and one of the workers on the floor told me I had to go to CS to have them writeup/ring the pricematch. Again, they offered to ring up the rest of my stuff!!!!!

Well I know this is probably going to be frowned upon by some, but I happened upon this method accidentaly a couple of years ago. REALLY! But it really only works if you dont have a ton of stuff or anything huge.

If you have a return to BB wait to take it until BF. Then when you go in, you can snag your stuff and have it with you when you go to customer service. They will ring it up there.

When I first did this I was waiting in line to return something and DH walked around and picked up the few small things that we wanted. He was done by the time I got the the head of the line and the girl in customer service offered to ring them up. Sweet! In and out in less than 30 minutes! The next year I wanted to price match something and one of the workers on the floor told me I had to go to CS to have them writeup/ring the pricematch. Again, they offered to ring up the rest of my stuff!!!!!

I thought I remember reading how some BB's were not allowing any returns on BF (mostly to stop the return/rebuy price adjustments). That may have been another store though. Lots of info posted year after year on here, lol.

Super lucky. Most BB's I've been to put up a sign starting Monday of that week that the customer service desk will be closed on Black Friday.

Last years BF sale that they started on Wedneday Thanksgiving day went smoothly, other then the lateness of the price changes uploading to the website. I don't remember it being slow at all.

I got some sweet stuff, like a nice Fuji digital camera and photo printer (they had an awesome deal that if you bought select digital cameras, they were giving photo printers away for very cheap, plus some other goodies at prices that have yet to be beaten this year.

Best Buy is really pushing a lot of product to stores, more then ever before during the holiday season, so not only will the BF ad be very nice, but I would expect some amazing unadvertised deals throughout the season as well depending on how early holiday sales go, if they can push through all the product they pushed out. I know the Best Buy I work at has laptops sitting in the warehouse nearly touching the ceiling, they have way more then ever before, and we are loaded in every other department as well.

It's hard to predict what will be in the BBY ad till it leaks, because they tend to not send that stuff out to stores till the week before, nobody has a chance to peek in those pallets until then.