How are items from past BF working?

zim05

How are items, such as TVs, Computers, other electronics, from last year or previous BFs working? Are there any problems with them or do they run so smoothly that you love it?

The reason I ask is that I've been debating on what to get this BF, but we for sure need a TV and been going back and forth on whether to get a new computer. So I thought this might be helpful to others in the same boat on what brands/types to look for and what to stay away from!

Over 5 years ago I got a Toshiba laptop and an emachines desktop on BF. Laptop is still going great the desktop hopefully will be replaced this year.

BF of 2006 I got the 32inch Westinghose LCD. Still going great not problems.

3 years ago we bought a laptop for DH father that is still going strong.

We have never really bought anything that has not lasted. Ths is why I will probably be getting 2 laptops this BF unless I get a really good deal before hand.

2006-- I got the 52" RCA Rear Projection tv, had to exchange it the following Monday, but the replacement has been working good. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself)

2007- The $25 Emerson Microwave crapped out yesterday. (There's a seperate thread about this). At least they're going to replace it, after I jump through a couple of hoops. LOL

07' $4.00 crock works great I love it for our work's monthly b-day party.

06' kodak camera from AAFES works , though passed down to DD and DS

06' laptop from AAFES still works

06' game chairs from walmart (1 works, 1 speakers are busted)

TV;s in the kids room (I think are 05' from Walmart, both still work knock on wood)

52' TV I got from Wal-mart two year ago (I think) works just great.

Laptop I got from there, the hard drive just crashed but I'm pretty sure that was my kid's fault and not the laptop's.

Most of the things I've gotten have worked great.

Last year I thru out my $3.98 no name coffee pot I had brought from Wal Mart BF 2004. The thing worked like a charm. But I wanted a "New and Improved" one so I went with a Mr. Coffee coffee maker. I have gone thru 2 Mr. Coffee makers in the past year:(

Go figure.

I got a roaster oven 3? years ago on BF... It still works great! I use it when I host turkey dinner for my whole family. 2 turkeys 1 in the oven ( the pretty bird) and the other in the roaster (the meat bird) lol. It has made those dinners SOOO much less stressful because I know that I have plenty for everyone to eat!

The GPX DVD player that I picked up from Sears last year for $29.99 is JUNK! (I got there later than I planned and missed out on the cheaper one...which I'm sure would have held up). This is the first BF deal that has been a flop for me.