Black Friday Pet Peeves?

zim05

You guys all hit the nail right on the head; line jumpers, cart blockers, and all. I suppose I'm fortunate in that our BB has had police monitoring the front doors so lurkers couldn't line jump. One of the things I do hate though is that big push into the doors so that your faces are on glass like in the cartoons as the employees gradually let more and more people into the store. I mean, we've waited in line for multiple hours...we can't wait 5 more minutes without getting intimate with about 20-30 perfect strangers who all seem to smell of sweat and gravy? Maybe it just freaks me out because I'm short, I don't know...all I know is that I'd like for Billy Bob who showed up after I did to keep his hands to himself.

My biggest is line jumpers and whiners. I stood there all that time for a reason so should you and if you feel the need to whine stay the hell home and shop online. I love the people that get there 5 min till then are complaining about how long the line is as they walk past (and I'm in the middle) to get to the end. And this is NJ we all do know how cold it is no need to remind us the people around me and I usually laugh about how cold it is and remind each other how cold it was in 2004 etc then it don't seem that cold. The preggos and baby bringers don't bother me except when they feel they desrve special treatment or sympathy I always go preggo or not but I'm usually only about 20-25weeks so I'm not that big yet (preggo again this year 22wks TGday) but I know how to watch my belly and still push my way through and if your baby can't take the heat get them out of the kitchen WM, TRU, CC,and BB are dangerous put them in a cart instead of the stroller it's safer.

My biggest one would be standing in line for three hrs. One person is infront of me, then about 20 min. before the store opens the person infront of me has there group of 20 show up and get in before me. thats crap. Also small children who are freezing cranky tired and hungry. Some parents are ruthless.

Guest wolviemike31

My worst pet peeve is the people around the DB's and I'll be like a football line backer and

just plow my way thru to get what it is I need. Like last year around the DVDs about 40 or 50

women were around them and wouldn't move to let me at them,so long story short I was

shoving them outta the way,and got my DVD's and was gone.And this one woman started

cussing me out,and I told her "Lady if you don't want a beating by my gf then step off".She

didn't say another word,as my gf is pretty big,5'10" & 160,same height as me,but skinnier.

That was the only incident last year,but still enjoyed the sales.

line jumping is my #1 piss off. Also huddling around the DVD box comes close. I always hide my shopping cart close by when I need to grab DVD's this way I take what I need and move away quickly.

How the heck do you hide your shopping cart??? The store is packed with people.

I guess my only real pet peeve is the person who brings 14 of her friends, but only 1 person is in line at a given time all night. Everyone else is asleep in their car, but right when the store opens, they all get out and get in the front of the line because "we were here all night". Circuit City lost a LOT of my business when they told the rest of us there was nothing they could do about it.

I guess my only real pet peeve is the person who brings 14 of her friends, but only 1 person is in line at a given time all night. Everyone else is asleep in their car, but right when the store opens, they all get out and get in the front of the line because "we were here all night". Circuit City lost a LOT of my business when they told the rest of us there was nothing they could do about it.

I don't have a problem with that, as long as all their friends/family are actually there, and not at home curled up in a nice warm bed asleep until an hour before opening. The latter is something that does upset me.

You guys all hit the nail right on the head; line jumpers, cart blockers, and all. I suppose I'm fortunate in that our BB has had police monitoring the front doors so lurkers couldn't line jump. One of the things I do hate though is that big push into the doors so that your faces are on glass like in the cartoons as the employees gradually let more and more people into the store. I mean, we've waited in line for multiple hours...we can't wait 5 more minutes without getting intimate with about 20-30 perfect strangers who all seem to smell of sweat and gravy? Maybe it just freaks me out because I'm short, I don't know...all I know is that I'd like for Billy Bob who showed up after I did to keep his hands to himself.

Hahaha.. I totally agree about getting intimate! This cracked me up. It won't be as funny to me when it happens again in a few weeks. But for the moment, I'm laughing! "Billy Bob"! Too funny! :lmao:

I think all die hard BF'ers will agree, line cutting is the top pet peeve!

:yup:

Personally, I have never seen anyone get as crazy as the scenes you are describing and I would certainly walk the other way if I did.

I would tend to disagree with you as I have had many a pleasant experience on BF where people help each other, hold places in lines for potty breaks, etc.

Maybe those of us in AZ are just less intense people than in other places.

I have never witnessed anything dangerous on BF either. I always help people if they need something and I can reach it. I have had others help me in the same situation. I also find that if you are nice to the employees, they will really go out of their way to get you what you need.

My pet peeve? That would have to be putting the bathroom at one end or the other of the store cause my bladder don't work like it used to. Why can't they put them in the middle of the stores? It's always run.. stop.. hold myself.. run... stop.. hold myself. TMI?

I have never witnessed anything dangerous on BF either. I always help people if they need something and I can reach it. I have had others help me in the same situation. I also find that if you are nice to the employees, they will really go out of their way to get you what you need.

My pet peeve? That would have to be putting the bathroom at one end or the other of the store cause my bladder don't work like it used to. Why can't they put them in the middle of the stores? It's always run.. stop.. hold myself.. run... stop.. hold myself. TMI?

:sidesplit Not Tmi to me. I sooooooo feel ya, lmao!

I may have missed it, but I'm surprised no one mentioned finding a parking space or having someone steal a space from you. A couple of years ago my husband and I were in the Toys R Us/Circuit City parking lot (they are in the same shopping center) waiting for a car to back out of a spot when these two teenage guys came up and swiped it from us. We were mad as heck, so we just sat there waiting for them to get out and say something to them. They were two chickens, because they didn't budge until we drove on. We knew they were heading into Circuit City (being two punk teens), so we went over there to scare them a little. Keep in mind, my husband was wearing his usual Harley-Davidson shirt, he has long hair, facial hair (unlike these brats), tattoos and earrings. He looks tough, but wouldn't hurt a fly. I spotted them and said loudly, "There they are" to my husband. We confronted them, I asked them what was their problem, and told them they could have hurt somebody. They were stuttering and couldn't get a word out. As soon as we turn around to walk off they start laughing and are big, tough "men" again. What a bunch of spoiled brats. Why can't people just be patient? :mad:

Fighting for parking spaces...and yes, I do mean fighting. I worked at a mall during Christmas time for many years when I was a teen, and I would have to get there two hours early to find a parking space in time to get to work. It was ridiculous how many times people "steal" your spot.

People who fake (yes, FAKE) being handicapped (case in point, a larger woman WALKING into the store, had her FRIEND who worked there give her a wheelchair, then scream at people who were in her way because she "couldn't walk") to get what they want early. Last year at WM, a woman got an employee to cut open one of the door buster displays so that she could get what she wanted before everyone else because, she said, she was handicapped. I had just seen her walking in the store and all buddy buddy with the cart lady, so I flipped out! I had been there for 2 hours hunting down the display I needed (it's never in the place you expect...the dvd player I needed was next to the frozen food section...) and was parked next to the display. They tried to get me to move, and I hit the fan. I asked for a manager and said that if this woman gets a dvd player, that I would be getting one too. It's not MY fault that she knows the cart lady. She tried to lie, but I called her out. I also got rude and said that being overweight is not a disability.

Needless to say, she didn't get the dvd player until the rest of us did!

Small kids / babies, I am always scared they are going to get hurt. Even though Little Eric 10 has asked to come this year. But I said no. I think he is still to small. But I know he would be a big help.

Line cutters, they make me so mad.

Sales/Customer service people who have no idea where stuff is or whats going on!

Line cutters are the worst!

I really hate the people who all grab shopping carts and then when they get to the back of the store in electronics where its nuts leave them all over the place, then you are not only wading through people but all of the empty carts that are left behind :eyepoppin

I get upset when I see obviously non-handicapped people using those parking spots:(

Standing in the BB line for hours with either the people who don't see the fun in it and don't speak at all, or the 30 yr old geeky gamers who chatter incessently about various games that I know NOTHING about (you can tell that they spend all their non-productive time playing these games).....

People who bring their whole family and I mean cousins, uncles, aunts, babies, toddlers, etc like they are going to a family reunion then stand there in the aisle way either not moving at all or at .5mile an hour speed acting like they don't know what they are there for - Move outta my way I'm on a mission!!! :mad::mad::mad: