How many people do you shop with?

shopping mom

I think there are about 15 of us this year!!!:D:D We all start usually in the same spot..but then branch off and then meet for breakfast. We discuss our deals and then head off again!! The area we are shopping in, has everything in a 2 block radius...so we are basically just back and forth across the road. We will shop til' about 4pm, get a hotel and head of in the am, for another 2 days of shopping, in a different area.:D Can't wait........

In our home, BF is a family tradition. We have 6 children (mostly teenagers) and a niece (also a teenager) who lost her parents in a car accident. Last year we had 12 people in our shopping party. My sister was visiting from Dallas with her husband and we had help from a couple of our teenagers' friends/girlfriends. It takes some planning making sure we don't send one of the kids after their own gifts and making sure they don't see them - but with a little planning (OK - ALOT of planning!!!) we manage. I stumbled upon this website a few years ago and it has been a godsend. Now instead of staying up all night the night before Thanksgiving pouring over the ads, clipping pictures and mapping out everyone's schedules, shopping lists and time tables and then having to prepare a big meal and entertain all day Thursday - I can start a few weeks in advance. My husband says I spend more time and effort planning Black Friday than they did invading Normandy - so I guess the bigger my infantry - the better :D Sadly - I don't think my sister is coming back up this year to join the festivities - go figure :confused:

Usually I start out with just ME and maybe one friend. Sometimes I pick up my mom around 8am to help me finish shopping. This year I have a new friend who is completely excited about going with me - she has 3 kids to shop for and I have 2. My group might get as big as 4 or 5 this year since my aunt moved to town - we'll just have to see what the ads are like this year. I'm usually done with all my shopping by noon.

DH stays home w/the girls and won't leave the house on BF unless it was on fire!:rolleyes:

Me and my boyfriend usually just go by ourselves. His friend went last year and they help me get the big stuff and they do whatever I tell them to so it's a big help to me. I think his friend is going to go again this year. I don't ever ask anyone to go with me and I don't think anyone else in my family really goes shopping that day. I might see if my sister wants to go with me this year but she will probably say no. She would prefer to sleep I'm sure! No one else is as serious as I am about it.

Last year, my mom and I tried something new and both really enjoyed it: I get up super early and go to the 24 hr Walmart, pick up stuff to price match, then wait around for the early bird stuff that I want. Once I'm done there, I head over to Tractor Supply (the other stores are 20 miles further away). Around 6:00, I call my mom to make sure she's up and getting ready (and remind her to bring warm food- LOL). She meets me at TS about 6:30 with coffee and a quick breakfast sandwich. The two of us continue shopping together there, then down the road to all the other stores we want to hit! Around 1:00 we stop for lunch (last year was hot Subway sandwiches- yum!) then decide whether to shop some more or head home and enjoy the afternoon by sorting thru our treasures... :)

2006: early only with nephew, later with wife and nephew. In Chicago.

2007: early with nephew and brother who had just flown in from Texas. Later with wife and nephew. In Long Island near NYC home.

2008: Probably alone, later with wife? In Fort Worth/Weatherford, Texas near my parents home.

I usually drag by best friend unless she is working on BF. If she doesn't go with me then I am on my own. Everyone in my family thinks I am crazy to BF shop so they won't go with me. I think they are crazy NOT to. I get a laugh every year when they last minute shop. :D

If DH is home then I shop by myself, if he is working then I bring DD with me... which was the last 2 years. She is 6 and actually loves getting up in the middle of the night to go and is already begging if she can go this year. LOL

My mother goes shopping too on BF, but to a different town/different stores so we keep our lists and cell phones handy and it is great to cover more ground.

My DH and I go together. He gets a cart and stands in line and I run and get things.

This year DH has to work:(.... so I guess my mom and I are going. However due to my DH having to work we have been buying alot of things already.....We have the big ticket items out of the way. :tongue1:

That is exactly what we do. My wife has 2 or 3 things she goes for then gets in line... I get the rest and join her. Saves us about 3 hours of waiting in line time!

I camp out my first initiation by myself. DH thought I was nuts:yup: Last year I ordered on line and went out by myself. While I would like to have someone with me shopping, I am happy not to be held up by someone else. Now if I had a fellow Gottadeal member, who understood the importance of seek, find, buy and move on and repeat. That would be great. ALAS, I don't have any takes. They all want something called SLEEP and WARMTH:yuck:.................Hey, I wanna good deal and excitement:razz: So, I'm flying solo again this year.