Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

For internet returns they usually don't put it on the sales floor. They send it back to the distribution center.

I think different stores must have different policies because I have bought many things that were internet returns. It will usually show a white block tag saying something about target.com return.

I don't know what the official policy is but I had the same thing happen with a booster seat. It was a definite return and the UPS sticker was still on the box but it came up INF. The person at cs said that it shouldn't have even been on the sales floor for safety reasons.

A car seat for a baby has a different policy than other items. You are correct. :yup:

My store would not sell me one that was not an internet return, but the box was open. They also would not sell the floor model. Per manager it was for safty reasons since some parts may be missing.

Each st has a diff. policy also on inf items. One would not even sell me a easter stuffed rabbit & at another st. when the Kitenenaid toaster scanned INF I had to stand my ground, & wasn't leaving the st without it!!! Every cashier, LOD & Manager is different.

I went to Target for the first time today in weeks. Is it just my area or does the clearance

really just suck lately

Naww its not you...It does suck lately...lol...The real clearance will start in late July early August....

I did find some nice stationary gift sets regular $14.99 for $1.48....Made nice end of the year gifts for my daughters teacher and TA...

Each st has a diff. policy also on inf items.

Every cashier, LOD & Manager is different.

:yup: Yeah, you got that right. Ever store is different, reading on here some stores will sale the floor models the few stores I go to they will not. Only on some seasonal stuff they will sale the floor model.

Hit the motherload on clearance food items today...

Toaster strudels... .82 and I had .55 off coupons. Bought all 4 they had

Eggo mini waffles... .82 and I had $.75 off coupons

Tyson bonelss skinless chicken breasts... 3lb bag... clearanced to $3.48 (bought all they had- thank god for a deep freezer!).. not many left though... 6 bags

Michelinos pizza bites... .48 each and I had $1 off of 5. Bought all 16 they had (my husband uses these in his lunches each day at work)

Motts Grape Apple juice clearanced to $1.28 bought 2 and I had $1 off of 2

Market Pantry shrimp clearanced to $2.98- Super for shrimp cabobs on the grill

Gatorade .64 each

French toast sticks .82

Pop tarts clearanced to .78 (8pack) and used Target .50 coupon

LIQUID DETERGENTS:

Used manufacturer coupons and Target coupons on 2 Tides.. .Clearanced to $4.01 Paid $2.17 after coupons

Purex detergents paid $1.82 for 4 of them (used coupons from Target and MQ)

The 2 stores that I go to sell Target.com returns, I bought my daughters new baby an internet return car seat. It was a Britax.

Every internet return I have seen has been clearanced but they have a different sticker than regular clearance, they are wider and red-orange with white stripes.

Slow day at Target...left with nothing. Saw a nice firebowl marked down to $174.99 (from $299.99). Alot of food stuff on clearance...maybe 20% off (not good enough for me yet). Saw the fusion razors for $3.98 ($4 coupon in the paper this past week...so free)...but I have no idea who i'd give that to...bought myself the fission the last time they did the giftcard deal, so i'm pretty stocked for razors...even though the gift sets were ringing up w/gift card...I had to stand my ground! Hello kitty swim suits marked down to $10.49...i'll keep my eyes on these. I too have noticed the lack of good clearance lately...and i've seen it move into the aisles as well.

I tried to get the gift card with the fusion gift set which was on clearance for 3.98, but the cashier said i couldn't get the gift card with a clearance item. I got some cinderella underwear for my dd for 2.78. Also some Lean Cuisine pizzas on clearance for 1.48. I bought 2 and used my $1 off coupon so got them for under $1 each.

For internet returns they usually don't put it on the sales floor. They send it back to the distribution center.

Our stores (Pasadena, Eagle Rock, San Dimas, La Verne, etc.) sell internet returns all the time. They are supposed to be given to the Price Change team to price. On a weekday, if it is earlier than 3, I'd tote the thing around to find them and ask one of them to find a price for you. If they don't come up with one right away, they will often get it done within a day or two. It is better than having them try making you pay the internet price! What nonsense! Most of the stuff our store sells that are internet returns are baby-related, including car seats and strollers.

Officially they are supposed to give things to Price Change to try to find a price on items, though. I found a cool kid's play tent last year that was an internet return, and price change was able to find a price on the spot. It mostly just matters whether it is in the system where they can access it.

Ok stocked up on the 7 packs of boys Haynes underwear today. 1.74 per 7 pack and had 50 cent coupon peelies on them so I got 7 pairs for 1.24, I bought 5 packs - LOL 35 pairs of underwear for my 5 year old for $6.20

That would be nice find! Well, boxers would be for my son, but still nice find! :)

Anybody remember when they start putting the patio stuff on clearance? I really need a new umbrella, but they are too pricey at regular price

Most clearance depends on the seasons which depend on your area. It also depends on when the new Seasonal stuff shows up as they need to get rid of stuff for the new stuff.

I finally found a few deals.

toddler mickey mouse gang t-shirt 75% $1.48

baby swim stuff with spf 50 (t-shirts, shorts, skirts, sunglasses with strap) 75% $1.48

kids socks auro name brand 50% and some have coupons attached for .50

big box huggies for 15% (better than full price & had $2 Target coupon)...it's the one that has reg huggies diapers with a few bonus huggies supreme in there as well

The diego bike is finally 9.98 or 75% off.

bought 2 boxes of kix cereal for$1.24 each.

bought toddler seersucker shorts for $1.98.

saw the boys underwear for $1.98.

That was about it.

Do you have the dcpi for the Diego bike......I keep finding the wrong one.

Which firebowl was it? Do you have the numbers or even a description of it?

It was a stone colored (tan) bowl with fake wood sticks in the center, I didn't look at the dcpi numbers since I got my firebowl when they were 75% off...but next time i'm there i'll look again and post them for you :)

Ok stocked up on the 7 packs of boys Haynes underwear today. 1.74 per 7 pack and had 50 cent coupon peelies on them so I got 7 pairs for 1.24, I bought 5 packs - LOL 35 pairs of underwear for my 5 year old for $6.20

Which hanes are these? My DS only likes the ones without the elastic on the outside -- the ones where the elastic is hidden in the waistband; I think they only sell them in 3pks tho, so I'm doubting these are the ones we need:(

Found 4 packs of MM at the Target in Linden, New Jersey. Two apple, two grape and I was thrilled. Haven't found any in a couple months, and I believe last time was at the Target in Clark.

Also today at the Linden Target found a bunch of laundry detergents clearanced (Cheer, All, some Target Baby detergent) and most were 2x and 3x concentrated.

Also lots of DelMonte veggies (potatoes, green beans, creamed corn) on clearance for about 68 cents a can. There were some smaller cans for around 50 cents, if I recall correctly. Be careful as my boyfriend noticed a lot of the cans were slightly dented. They're probably OK, but I prefer not to buy dented cans.

Which hanes are these? My DS only likes the ones without the elastic on the outside -- the ones where the elastic is hidden in the waistband; I think they only sell them in 3pks tho, so I'm doubting these are the ones we need:(

If they are like the ones at our store (seems likely), they are the traditional tighty whities, and they have the elastic that is exposed. One of my boys is like yours, and he won't wear them.

bunch of wines on clearance, and, ironically, they are generally good wines for summer. They have several Sauvignon Blancs & Reislings and a Malbec (lighter red wine from Argentina). All are great with food, and pair well with summer foods. So, if you are in the mood to try something new, this is a great time for it. Remember, not all Sauvignon Blancs or Reislings or any other type are the same, so if you don't like one, another might be good. Most went 30% this past week, so it might be a while before they go lower.

They sell wine at Target :confused::eek:

Wow not here for sure!!

I am worried that Target is feeling the effects of the economy too. There is just nothing

on clearance or great deals anymore. It makes me sad :(

I am thinking unless things change drastically the holidays will be really tough

Copied from my post in last months thread since people are asking about it:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51R7XCH1SPL._SS260_.jpg

They are originally $39.99 & the box says its for 3-5 yrs.

DCPI: 082-03-0047

They sell wine at Target :confused::eek:

Wow not here for sure!!

I am worried that Target is feeling the effects of the economy too. There is just nothing

on clearance or great deals anymore. It makes me sad :(

I am thinking unless things change drastically the holidays will be really tough

Only in some states, where the law permits it. Walmart does here also.

Yeah, Target announced substantial losses for last quarter. On the other hand, clearance always slows down for summer. Still, it is definitely slower than last year.