Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

thanks! I "misplaced" a few of those Kelly Halloween dolls and hope they are still there! ;)

LOL! I "misplaced" quite a few of the toys at various stores figuring I'll get a few of them. Just came back from returning some item's I'll probably buy back tomorrow, and moved around a few of the halloween napkins & soft soap. I don't mind using Halloween napkins at Christmas!

LOL! I "misplaced" quite a few of the toys at various stores figuring I'll get a few of them. Just came back from returning some item's I'll probably buy back tomorrow, and moved around a few of the halloween napkins & soft soap. I don't mind using Halloween napkins at Christmas!

That would have been a great idea! I love getting the paper products for half off, I just never put stuff in the right place. When you guys "misplace" an item, do you get it a 50% or wait until it goes down further?

That would have been a great idea! I love getting the paper products for half off, I just never put stuff in the right place. When you guys "misplace" an item, do you get it a 50% or wait until it goes down further?

For the paper products, I'll definitely take them at half and be happy. They are too large to leave anywhere and expect to find them much later. But with the smaller items, I have enough of them salted around enough stores that I'll hold out till 75% or even 90%. It is a bit of a game, though, and I have lost out. You just have to be willing to do that.

For the paper products, I'll definitely take them at half and be happy. They are too large to leave anywhere and expect to find them much later. But with the smaller items, I have enough of them salted around enough stores that I'll hold out till 75% or even 90%. It is a bit of a game, though, and I have lost out. You just have to be willing to do that.

Ahhh such a good idea:) wish I thought of it!:( oh well always next time! Thanks for the tip! When should it go 75%?

I just got back from Traverse City, MI Target this morning. I went because I wanted to pick up a few bags of clearanced Halloween candy. All I can say is that I was truly disgusted by the behavior of a few of the women in the Halloween section. You know who you are, the women who fill 2 or 3 carts full. Grabbing and pushing, apparently you don't have to have manners or respect for anyone around you because you are buying for "charity". One elderly woman who was there to pick up some things for her grandchildren was almost knocked over. Well I don't know if you are buying for charity or not but you should be ashamed of yourselves. I seriously hope you realize that your behavior is wrong and change it.

I had the complete opposite experience this time! We were all helping each other find the good stuff!

I got 2 packs of napkins, 2 kelly dolls, a my little pony, a mr. potatoe head, a box of the cheerio mix, 2 variety bags of chips, teddy grahams, gold fish, 2 boxes of the full size candy bars, glad storage containers and bags, paper plates, bag of small playdoh containers, cake mix. I am sure there is more that I am forgetting!

I cannot get any thing to come up for that schuman family site to check the target code:(

I'm glad it wasn't just me! I had been trying too and nothing seemed to worked. I tried codes of items that I know they had stocked but the site kept rejecting them.

Just got back from Target... it was C R A Z Y!!! I got the usual, but I also picked up 6 different Halloween kids movies (Diego, Backyardagins,Thomas Train, and 2 others I cant remember) They were in the Halloween clearance but they were ringing up regular price so he just adjusted them to 1/2 price. They had so adorable kids halloween pjs but they didnt have the sizes I needed. Found kellys and My Little ponys and hotwheel cars for 2.49.

Our Target was was really crazy for all the Hefty bags and paper towels. I got there about 3 minutes after 8 and a there was a group who already had 3 carts full of paper towels, napkins, Hefty bags and gladware containers. I didn't realize someone could grab so much in so little time.

There wasn't hardly any baking items and no Goldfish but my kids were happy that I got them some oreos. I bought a new storage container and filled it up with my great buys! Now to see what is left @ 75% off.

I didn't go today. Overtime on my husband's job cut so Im watching my spending. I know if I went I'd be going crazy.

My sister just called and she is at her Target. No signs up but I had told her about the 50% off day after holiday. She got all the Hefty bags (with her coupons too!) and paper towels w/ coupons. She told me everyone was asking where she found them for that price. I think she paid under $1 for them.

I'll go out when its 75% off. We have too much candy so don't need or want any of that

For those who have cats...

Monster Bash Cat Treats (includes 2 pouches of Friskies Crunchy Cat treats and 2 pouches of Whisker Lickin's cat treats) - regular price $4.99...on clearance for $2.49. Inside the box is a coupon for $2 off any Purina dog or cat treat. This reduces the price to $0.49!

I grabbed all 4 boxes that were there. Usually one pouch can cost anywhere between $1.30 - $2 here so I basically got 16 pouches for the price of 1 pouch!

I just got back from Traverse City, MI Target this morning. I went because I wanted to pick up a few bags of clearanced Halloween candy. All I can say is that I was truly disgusted by the behavior of a few of the women in the Halloween section. You know who you are, the women who fill 2 or 3 carts full. Grabbing and pushing, apparently you don't have to have manners or respect for anyone around you because you are buying for "charity". One elderly woman who was there to pick up some things for her grandchildren was almost knocked over. Well I don't know if you are buying for charity or not but you should be ashamed of yourselves. I seriously hope you realize that your behavior is wrong and change it.

I totally agree!!

I know there is a person on another thread that does this same thing, and people are upset wth them. They buy everything saying it's for charity & leaves no deals for anyone else. :mad: They call these people smash & grabbers!! Some sell on ebay. FYI charity is a tax write off!! They are still making money. To be point blank greedy in the name of charity is just wrong. Shame on them.

I'm just hoping for 75% - 90% too bad so many coupons expire.

Our Target was was really crazy for all the Hefty bags and paper towels. I got there about 3 minutes after 8 and a there was a group who already had 3 carts full of paper towels, napkins, Hefty bags and gladware containers. I didn't realize someone could grab so much in so little time.

There wasn't hardly any baking items and no Goldfish but my kids were happy that I got them some oreos. I bought a new storage container and filled it up with my great buys! Now to see what is left @ 75% off.

You are lucky on the videos. They don't actually clearance them, which is why they weren't ringing half price. They send them back and get credit for them.

I was at my local Target when they opened the doors. I got all of the usual items for 50% and hid a few things here and there for 75 and 90%. I plan on doing a lot of stockings this Christmas. I was walking past the toys to see if there were any Bakugun(sp?) and I found this on the clearence end cap for $19.98.

http://www.amazon.com/VTech-80-029500-Vtech-Cyber-Notebook/dp/B000050B4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1225560113&sr=8-1

I haven't seen this before and I checked near the other Vtech toys. :holiday16This is going to be a great gift for my 6yr. old Nephew.:holiday02 I'm impressed it teaches German and French as well as the usual Spanish.

no little ones for me so dont have to worry about toys. I will go tonight though and check things out. My sister said I could buy some of the paper towels and hefty bags from her (what she paid). I just don't have the money this year to race out and impulse buy. lol.

You are lucky on the videos. They don't actually clearance them, which is why they weren't ringing half price. They send them back and get credit for them.

hmm.. maybe our store is different. I got Christmas ones last year and Easter ones this year. (Not the Diego or Backyardigans but the others) They do discount regular ones from time to time also..I usually find them on an endcap about every other month. Maybe they are returns or something. who knows :D:D I also got some of the Scooby Halloween fruitsnacks and they werent ringing up 1/2 off either but he automatically price adjusted those.

we went to our new target this morning, and it was somewhat empty. What surprised me though, was all of the candy was only 30% off (and they had a TON left). We didn't get any candy, but got mini-oreos, teddy grahams, animal crackers, some picture frames and paper towels for 50%. I think I'll go back tomorrow to see if they've marked the candy down.

Overheard Target employees saying that they would have alot of employees in the store tomorrow am "because of what was going on Sunday am"

Now I heard earlier in the week there would be a district or reginoal MGR coming thru but maybe this is something different....large markdown...extra stock...or maybe just employees get to do something special...does anyone know? is there a special day for employees to shop with a discount...

do target employees get a discount normally?

Overheard Target employees saying that they would have alot of employees in the store tomorrow am "because of what was going on Sunday am"

Now I heard earlier in the week there would be a district or reginoal MGR coming thru but maybe this is something different....large markdown...extra stock...or maybe just employees get to do something special...does anyone know? is there a special day for employees to shop with a discount...

Nope, nothing special going on at my target on Sunday. They don't do anything special for the employess, the only time they get to shop before anyone else is when a store is first opening. And theres a %10 discount all the time.

It was posted in the online deals forum that wii games will be buy two get one free: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=123802

Maybe they're expecting a lot of people to come in for it?

hmm.. maybe our store is different. I got Christmas ones last year and Easter ones this year. (Not the Diego or Backyardigans but the others) They do discount regular ones from time to time also..I usually find them on an endcap about every other month. Maybe they are returns or something. who knows :D:D I also got some of the Scooby Halloween fruitsnacks and they werent ringing up 1/2 off either but he automatically price adjusted those.

Could be different. I have heard other stores discount their videos, but usually they seem to be the ones that may have been stuck in a stock room and missed when they do their returns. Or they are the off-beat stuff. I know they discount the ones that are out of their copyright as the companies that manufacture them don't need to take those back. So if you are getting sort of the non-licensed ones that may be why. The companies that manufacture the ones that are copyrighted have to pay a royalty unless it gets destroyed, so they return them as it is apparently cheaper. Similar to books getting their covers ripped off so they can't be sold.

we went to our new target this morning, and it was somewhat empty. What surprised me though, was all of the candy was only 30% off (and they had a TON left). We didn't get any candy, but got mini-oreos, teddy grahams, animal crackers, some picture frames and paper towels for 50%. I think I'll go back tomorrow to see if they've marked the candy down.

Wow! I've NEVER heard of that. That is interesting. Were you just going by signs, or did you actually scan it. They do the holiday clearance from the corporate office, so it should have been 50%. But they might not have changed the signs.