Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I was at target saturday (and I had not been there for quite a while) not too impressed. I went back sunday with my mom and there was so much more stuff marked down then on saturday. I couldnt believe it! There still isnt a huge amount of stuff. There were a lot of toys at 30% off. On end caps and in the aisle. I saw a sit n stand stroller I want so bad for our trip do disney world but.... its 169.99 :shock: And im not going to pay that much! :no: Does anyone know if they will/are going to do a baby clearance? I WANT IT!!! lol

Does anyone know anything about a printable Target coupon going around for $5 off of $25 purchase? Someone emailed it to me and at first it looks legit but I got suspicious since the exp date is the same as the toy coupon and so I googled it. At least some people are saying it was the toy coupon forged to erase the picture and the word "toy." I certainly do not want to use it if it is fake - thought someone here might know...

Colleen

It is the Toy coupon that someone changed, it is a fake.

Yeah, it goes by demographics. I asked why some targets clearance faster than others and I was told that smaller stores get a bigger markdown (and quicker) because it is harder for them to move merchandise. The bigger stores have a larger volume of customers to buy up the merchandise so it goes slower. Don't know if the salewoman was making that up or not but that's what she told me.

The cashier that waited on me today said basically the same thing. The Portage store doesn't move merchandise as fast as the Kalamazoo West Main store and therefore markdowns are faster in Portage.

Kalamazoo West Main dollar spot is 50% off black dot. There was quite a bit, but it was if they just dumped boxes of stuff that was all mixed up! There was summer, school/teacher, and pet stuff that I can remember. It was almost to crowded and hard to look thru without sending stuff falling to the floor.

NOTE: Starting with next month's thread (August), I'm going to start asking that when you post about your clearance finds that you use the format posted in last month's thread. This will allow for the top post summary, as well as the future cell phone features. Therefore I strongly suggest that you get ready for the changes this month by starting to follow the format.

Again, when you want to report an item, do it like this:

### Item Title/Description, Price/Discount, DCPI/ASIN Info, etc...

Do one line for each item. The DCPI info is not mandatory, but if you have it, it would help others.

So for example:

### 072-08-0663 - KitchenAid Coffeemaker Model KCM5111 - $49.98

### GPX AM/FM CD alarm clock radio - $9.98

### Assorted Pet Accessories 90% off

You can add other comments to your post (such as what store, comments about the items) but for the actual list, just use the ### at the beginning of each line, and that will tell the soon-to-be-implemented script that you are entering an actual clearance item find, and those lines will be combined into one master list at the top of the thread organized by date, and will also be used for any eventual cell phone service.

Also, next month's thread will likely have the new, updated OP, so if there is any info that you think would be useful to include every month, please PM it to me. Thanks.

I was at target saturday (and I had not been there for quite a while) not too impressed. I went back sunday with my mom and there was so much more stuff marked down then on saturday. I couldnt believe it! There still isnt a huge amount of stuff. There were a lot of toys at 30% off. On end caps and in the aisle. I saw a sit n stand stroller I want so bad for our trip do disney world but.... its 169.99 And im not going to pay that much! Does anyone know if they will/are going to do a baby clearance? I WANT IT!!! lol

I was at target saturday (and I had not been there for quite a while) not too impressed. I went back sunday with my mom and there was so much more stuff marked down then on saturday. I couldnt believe it! There still isnt a huge amount of stuff. There were a lot of toys at 30% off. On end caps and in the aisle. I saw a sit n stand stroller I want so bad for our trip do disney world but.... its 169.99 And im not going to pay that much! Does anyone know if they will/are going to do a baby clearance? I WANT IT!!! lol

they mark baby stuff on Mondays, and they were marking a bunch of car seats today.

Any Britax seat getting marked down?

No idea. I wasn't interested in getting one (so glad not to need them anymore), but happened to notice it while I was in the boys department. They were looking for an Eddie Bauer one that they couldn't find, and I overheard them.

### Duracell 5 2 pack AAA batteries Reg 4.98 50% off Clearance 2.48

Don't know if I did that right.

And finally scored on the .69 MM Apple Juice! :cheesy: They had 4 on the shelf and I grabbed 3. I gave 1 to my SIL!

The Batteries were a great deal for me. My eldest has T1 Diabetes and his pump uses 2 at a time. The 2 packs will make it a lot easier to organize his supplies for Middle School next year.

Where were the batteries? And did they have other sizes?

I made a quick run last night and noticed that they were begining to set up the school supplies (and found a coupon binder I like!). Sunny patch is completly cleared out. Have you found the Sunny Patch stuff "hiding" in different places in your stores, or is it just gone?

At the Boot Ranch store, there were lots of toys marked down, mostly to 30%.

###Star Wars figure 2 packs in round container-50% - 4.98

### Transformers in round tube container-50%-4.98

###Aquadoodle puzzle - 50% - 4.98.

Plenty left so I am waiting for 75%

In girls department I got...

### Girls jeans size 6slim - $2.48 -205 03 2796

(which was great especially since they come in slims, so I grabbed 3 pair)

###girls pjs - 1.98 (75%)-075 083612

(mixed in with 30% and 50% racks)

Edited by bharper44

I was just at my Target and asked one of the stockboys when the toys would be 75% off. There are a lot of markdowns at my T, but they are not on the endcaps-mixed in with all the other toys. anyway-he said tomorrow is the day for toy markdowns (he was right with that) and said they may go 75% tomorrow. I thiink the 75% toy sale was in July last year- but can't remember the date.

Where were the batteries? And did they have other sizes?

The batteries were on an endcap in the back by electronics/stereo's. They only had the AAA's out. I don't know if there were any other sizes that might have sold already.

I was just at my Target and asked one of the stockboys when the toys would be 75% off. There are a lot of markdowns at my T, but they are not on the endcaps-mixed in with all the other toys. anyway-he said tomorrow is the day for toy markdowns (he was right with that) and said they may go 75% tomorrow. I thiink the 75% toy sale was in July last year- but can't remember the date.

Thanks for the heads up, if someone finds this to be true please post ASAP! Thanks!

OK, I'm going to try the new format, let's hope I don't botch it!

### 085-05-0067 - Stanley Tool Cabinet w/ Tools - $69.98 (30% off)

### 085-06-0240 - McCullough 1400 PSI Pressure Washer - $62.98 (30% off)

### 085-06-0157 - Shop Vac Wet/Dry Quiet 5 Gal - $24.48 (30% off)

### 085-01-0215 - Hunter Retro Fans, red & black - $34.98 (30% off)

### Pirate toys (Pirates of Carribean and Pireatology) - 50% off

### America's Next Top Model and High School Musical dolls - 30% off

### Sonia Kashuk makeup palettes - Blonde, Auburn & Platinum - $8.48 (50% off)

Didn't really see any changes from last week other than some toys being 50% off now. They had restocked a lot of departments with college stuff and decor in fall/winter type colors.