Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Oh I definitely think the clearance is slower at least here in NJ. Rain slickers finally got marked down but just to 30%. Other than that, ther's been very little to write home about. The Cynthia Rowley stuff was only at 30% here also.

If the summer stuff is following a holiday markdown schedule, am I right to assume that it could go 75% off tomorrow?

There were several things I would like to have, but none that I wanted badly enough to buy at 50%.

Just curious about what everyone thinks the chances are of it getting marked down tomorrow.

My best deal for a while. They marked down a bunch of Pokemon toys (DS7 is crazy about Pokemon!), and they had some of the large plush on a clearance end cap. The end cap had a big 50% off or more sign, but these were marked 30%. One whole shelf was of these, so they meant to put them there. I took a couple up front and told them, and had to march back with the front end manager to show him. He said, "no, no they are 30%, just these on the top shelf are 50%, see, all these on the other shelves are 30%." There were 2 shelves at 30% (one of which the sign was directly in front of), but the top and bottommost shelves were 50%, so that clinched it when I showed him the bottom. He agreed to give them to me at 50%. So the cashier couldn't figure it out with the new computer system. So, the same manager whipped out a calculator, took 50% off the 30% off price and told him that price! I had another small toy that brought the lot up to $25, so I got the extra $5 off with the coupon! Not bad. The toys were originally $21.99 and I got them for $5.19 after the coupon!!

My best deal for a while. They marked down a bunch of Pokemon toys (DS7 is crazy about Pokemon!), and they had some of the large plush on a clearance end cap. The end cap had a big 50% off or more sign, but these were marked 30%. One whole shelf was of these, so they meant to put them there. I took a couple up front and told them, and had to march back with the front end manager to show him. He said, "no, no they are 30%, just these on the top shelf are 50%, see, all these on the other shelves are 30%." There were 2 shelves at 30% (one of which the sign was directly in front of), but the top and bottommost shelves were 50%, so that clinched it when I showed him the bottom. He agreed to give them to me at 50%. So the cashier couldn't figure it out with the new computer system. So, the same manager whipped out a calculator, took 50% off the 30% off price and told him that price! I had another small toy that brought the lot up to $25, so I got the extra $5 off with the coupon! Not bad. The toys were originally $21.99 and I got them for $5.19 after the coupon!!

great deal!

I asked the other day ( i bought a blu ray dvd, and it went on sale the next day), and the manager told me that target doesn't do price adjustments.

Unless things have changed, Target does 14-day price adjustments. Now if the item was originally clearanced already, and the price dropped even lower...then no. Can anyone else confirm and update what I assumed is the current Target policy?

As for your dvd, try to go to another store or a different time when that manager is not there. See if different person at Customer Service will be more amicable. Good luck!

I asked the other day ( i bought a blu ray dvd, and it went on sale the next day), and the manager told me that target doesn't do price adjustments.

I would have just bought one at sale price and then returned it with the full price reciept later that day.

somebody lied to you. you have to go to guest services to do it, but they will price adjust if they put it on sale within 14 days of purchase. Maybe he was confused and thought you meant price match - as in other store's prices - which they do not do.

They will not do price adjustments for clearance (if you buy an item at 30% off and it goes to 50% off), but I have never had a problem getting price adjustments for full-price items that go on sale. I believe the price-adjustment policy is printed on their receipts? I have had problems with staff not knowing how to do a price adjustment, but eventually they figure it out!

I spent 40 dollars today on the 75% off cynthia rowe summer clearance. Got tablecloths - picnic sets - ice tea dispensers with the freeze core and sngle ones as well. Also got the last 2 folding chairs they had ( I have been watching and waiting for those to use at the beach) some summer toy stuff for the kids etc. My hubby was speachless cause today I bought 160 dollars worth of stuff for the same 40 he wanted me to spend on just those 2 chairs 2 weeks ago. Gotta love it when they realize what all of us on here already know about patiently waiting. LOL

I was there around 2:30pm this afternoon and our summer stuff was still only 50% off? I even scanned a couple things to make sure. Do you think it will go 75% tomorrow or are we completely off schedule? :(

I was there around 2:30pm this afternoon and our summer stuff was still only 50% off? I even scanned a couple things to make sure. Do you think it will go 75% tomorrow or are we completely off schedule? :(

Only 50% off here too, but I'm betting on tomorrow.

Our stuff was also 50% off today.

However, great deals on food items some 50 and 75% off :)

Our stuff was also 50% off today.

However, great deals on food items some 50 and 75% off :)

What kind of food items? I was at Target today.. saw lots of stuff for 30% including the princess,cars,dora and diego sheet sets. Saw some towels,rugs and wash clothes 30% also. Found a Shabby Chic bathroom cabinet with mirror for $12.00. Our summer stuff was still 50% off too.

Summer stuff still at 50% for me, it was already getting picked over. People were grabbing as many ice chests as they could!

Found cute apron and potholder sets for $2.48 and kitchen towels for $0.74

Also found a giant bag of Life Saver Gummies for $4.48 (was $8.99)

And *happy dance* found 4 packs of MM Apple Juice!

What kind of food items? I was at Target today.. saw lots of stuff for 30% including the princess,cars,dora and diego sheet sets. Saw some towels,rugs and wash clothes 30% also. Found a Shabby Chic bathroom cabinet with mirror for $12.00. Our summer stuff was still 50% off too.

Thanks for posting on the sheets. Ours haven't gone at all yet, so I'll have to watch.

Food items vary extremely from store to store and area to area. They tend to clear out completely different stuff. It is based on how long it has sat on the shelf and not sold. Sometimes they are simply going to replace it with the same item, only fresher. Sometimes they are discontinuing it. Sometimes it is a packaging change. I bought a bunch of green chilies and chipotle chilies at our store for 50% off this week, but I bet a lot of stores simply don't carry them in the first place. Anyway, you really just have to look when people mention the food deals. You may or may not find anything similar. One of our stores is clearancing a ton of Latino food items, which is how I got the chilies.

Our summer stuff finally went to 75% this morning. There was only 1 aisle left and it was packed with women throwing tons into their cart, so I'm assuming there won't be much left after today.

3 pairs of Flip flops $1.24 ea.

Decorative cube tray $.74

2 pks of Pink flower paper napkins $.49 ea

Pink and Green dinner plates $.44 ea

Round Placemats $.49 ea

Plastic Serving Trays $.49 ea

Picture frame $1.25

Salad plates $.37 ea

Serving bowl $1.99

Table runer (with hole in middle for umbrella) $2.49

2 sets of 4 placemats/4 napkins (pink/red stripes and blue/green with multi-stripes) $2.99 ea

Ceramic red/pink divided tray with flowers $3.24

Picnic Set $2.24

We got Fruitabu (Sp?) for $1/box and they also had alot of the Archer Farms crackers/cookies. Plus all the remnants from the candy aisle clearance we in the endcaps. Also, tons of Dixie paper products and bottles of Welch's grape juice. This is all I can remember but I know that there were 5 endcaps of clearance foods.

Between my friend and I there are 5 Target stores and all the stores we went to had almost none of the Cynthia Rowley stuff. I had noticed that last Saturday they hardly had any of the stuff left. Does anyone know when it all went on sale orginally? We both thought it was really strange that they only had junk left even last Saturday.

My main Target's cynthia rowe stuff went 75% yesterday so when I went this morning, there wasn't too much left. Went to 2 other Targets, one was 75% and the other was still 50% (of course that was the one that still had stuff I wanted). I'll try tomorrow since it is just a few minutes from dd's preschool (summer program).

Just a note, some kids have been out of school for about a month now and they are starting to clearance to make room for back to school. Schools starts mid-Aug here so I'm sure they'll be putting stuff out in July which is almost here.

Little storage plastic basket things are 30% right now. Please post if anyone sees them 75%-I want to organize again.