Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

They can look up the last selling price on the cash register as well. However, some items are not in either place. Older items are completely removed from the system. The thing they are supposed to do is salvage the item, but most would rather increase their sales rather than let it go, and make a customer happy to boot. So they make it up. The ones who ask what the price is might come closer to laziness, but those are the ones most likely to be useful to us, so I certainly can't complain about that!

There is still a system they can look in and it will tell them the prices even if they are not in the system; even if it is something that should be salvaged. I've experienced this at just about every Target in Tucson. I was in Casa Grande (about an hour and a half north of Tucson) almost 2 weeks ago and they did the same thing. There was a Kurv that came up INF. I took it to CS and they had to look in this other system to find the last selling price. The manager made the comment that they should've been salvaged but she would look up the price. They were training the new person at CS how to do it.

Maybe you and I are talking about the same thing.

All I really found today was 50% off toothpaste and some music books for kids that were 75%. I had to write about a funny find though...they had durex condoms on an endcap with a AS IS sticker on them. I did not check them out but I had to laugh. Not sure who will buy them! I am sure it was a box open or something but it was still worth a chuckle!

That is TOO funny!!! Maybe they are hoping if customers buy them, in 9 months or so they'll increase their sales in the baby department, lol. :yup:

THere have never been many. I did find, however, this software that you can buy to do your own DVD conversions. I have not used it and am not endorsing it, but it is out there:

http://www.pocketdvdwizard.com/nick.html

I haven't used that program for NICK, but I do use it for converting to play videos on my PDA. It works flawlessly and comes out great. So in general the program works well, don't know if you'd be happy with using it for NICK. If you are interested, you should contact them directly with your questions :)

After Valentines day I purchased Kodak Gallery gift cards for 75% off....but the cashier did not activate them, and when I went to customer service they said the cashier should not have marked them down and they "couldnt" activate them for me, and told me I should return them. I said no, I'd contact Kodak to have them activated. Well Kodak told me they couldnt activate them and to take them back to Target.....Anyone else have this problem?? Any suggestions on what to do? I really dont want to have to return them because I got a great deal on them....:(

My store was opposite.

After Christmas snapfish at 75% & V Day Kodak cards the LOD told the cashier to give them to me for 90% off & she took them to another register to make sure they were activated. Maybe I should check mine,the reciept does say activated. The LOD told the cashier they are not a store giftcard that they have to enter a dollar amt. to. These are from Kodak the same as if you purchased any other clearance product. The only problem you will have is that they were NOT on clearance. They had to overide the price for mine. Good luck! Try another store before calling corp.

I very seldom get to go to target but I had business near by so I met my mother for a target trip and we made some great finds. They had the tinkerbell mix pix (the one that plays videos) for 1/2 off so I picked up 2. They had the fusion for 9.98 reg. 39.98. Dog collars and leashes .48 cents and up, outfits for animal dresses, coats, toys and jammies at about 75% off. The absolute best buy was frontline plus 3 pack for 10.98. I saw clearance tags all over the store but a lot was only 15% off. They had a few of those rugs in a box that everyone is been speaking of but I wasn't interested and also saw the party pack dishes for 8.xx Bought a couple of ps 2 games for 3.98. They had some furniture marked as well but again only 15% to 30% off, I would have loved to get this tv stand but not wanting to pay 70 for it yet. I don't remember if my state is in my profile but these were found in alabama.

I had to write about a funny find though...they had durex condoms on an endcap with a AS IS sticker on them. I did not check them out but I had to laugh. Not sure who will buy them! I am sure it was a box open or something but it was still worth a chuckle![/quote

Don't laugh,

Many of us have been making money on these!:yup: They went on clearance & there were coupons for them. I still haven't figured out who to donate mine to!

I very seldom get to go to target but I had business near by so I met my mother for a target trip and we made some great finds. They had the tinkerbell mix pix (the one that plays videos) for 1/2 off so I picked up 2. They had the fusion for 9.98 reg. 39.98. Dog collars and leashes .48 cents and up, outfits for animal dresses, coats, toys and jammies at about 75% off. The absolute best buy was frontline plus 3 pack for 10.98. I saw clearance tags all over the store but a lot was only 15% off. They had a few of those rugs in a box that everyone is been speaking of but I wasn't interested and also saw the party pack dishes for 8.xx Bought a couple of ps 2 games for 3.98. They had some furniture marked as well but again only 15% to 30% off, I would have loved to get this tv stand but not wanting to pay 70 for it yet. I don't remember if my state is in my profile but these were found in alabama.

That frontline is a crazy buy - i didn't even know that Target sold Frontline! They had tons of Hartz on sale, but I figured even with the savings it doesn't ever work as good as frontline. My store had tons of bird feeders 75% off.. I purchased a really cute cedar cottage feeder and a hummingbird mobile feeder... some bird food and hummingbird nectar. I also found two tetra tanks with rocks, filters, pump, food, all kinds of things for $5.67 I was sooo amazed at how cheap. I am going to have a fish at the office and at home. I used to have one at the office bt he died on me :(. Also found some dog toys 35 mm film, advantix film, books, energizer IPOD charger, Phillips IPOD docking station to hook it up to your own stereo..

I had purchased the Nickelodeon Power Fusion for dd8 b-day in july, and also purchased the Disney max clip movie "freaky Friday" and the "crazy Frog" (nickelodeon I think) digital music card to go along with it. Well I had to open it up and see if the disney max clip plays in the Nickelodeon media player before I give it to her in July (case I need to return it before my receipt expires) and YES, :yup: THE DISNEY MAX CLIP DOES PLAY IN THE N POWER FUSION!!! I dont know if maybe have an older model of the Npower fusion, but I have the Spongebob one. You may want to try it again, I had to go under "video" to have the video card to come up, then selected it....HTH :)

Hmmm...Ok, I tried it the other way around. I tried the Spongebob Fusion card in the Mix Max and it didn't work. So, maybe I do want a N Power for my son now that I know I have all the Mix Max movies that will work in it!

Had a pretty good day perusing at Target. Saw LOTS of pet stuff for 75% off - mostly dog stuff though like rawhide chews, collars, combs, toys, and little coats. Did see a random 8lb bag of guinea pig food for $2.xx! Too bad I don't have a guinea pig, LOL. Lots of car stuff and GE lightbulbs on clearance - got a 6 pack of GE Reveal 60 watt for a dollar. My best find today was a ClosetMaid over-the-door hanger for $3.xx And lastly, I scored FOUR packs of MM apple, woo woo!

Oh yeah, forgot to add I picked up these cool contact lens cases. They're pretty cool because they clip right around the top of the contact lens solution bottle. They're called KabaClip and the package even says "Winner of best product design of the year". I got them for 96 cents!

I had to write about a funny find though...they had durex condoms on an endcap with a AS IS sticker on them. I did not check them out but I had to laugh. Not sure who will buy them! I am sure it was a box open or something but it was still worth a chuckle![/quote

Don't laugh,

Many of us have been making money on these!:yup: They went on clearance & there were coupons for them. I still haven't figured out who to donate mine to!

I remember seeing them on clearance. But these were funny because they had a AS IS on them as if something was wrong with them. Not a normal clearance sticker. You could donate them to a high school except they may look at you funny:) I know the counseling office at some schools take them to give to students if they ask.

I went to target today and picked up 2 of the N power Fusions for 19.98 each! I am so excited! I got the spongebob ones. Now to get some things downloaded for my DS biday in August.

I would love to find a crazy frog card for his!!

At my target they had Naked Brothers Band movie cards but that was about it.

I'll be on the look out for the crazy frog card for you at my Targets....:) It is the music card only though

I bought 4 or 5 dog squeeky toys for about a dollar each, and got some of the mens deoderants (clinical strength old spice and gillette) they were marked 3.xx and i had 6 coupons each $2.00 off!!! I don't know if anyone is interested in the pink MP3 player that people were talking about on here a little while ago, but the Macedonia, OH store had 1. It was marked 24.98 but it rang up 12.48. I didn't pick it up, but did see and scan it. They also had a bunch of the "fusions" both spongebob and the naked brothers band.

Waterloo Iowa store has:

Fusion & Fission players (can't remember which is which) all for 75% off. Sponge Bob & Naked Brothers Band in both. Had at least a dozen of the video ones and double that of the non-video.

Hannah Montana stage 75% off 14.xx, Pokemon Battle thing also 75% off.

LOTS of ladies clothes 75% off about 3 racks of them.

Boys button down dressy shirts 75% off 3.xx I believe..

3 boxes of the rug squares, striped pattern - 14.xx--these were a return.

That's all I can remember. I need to start writing down notes..

Waterloo Iowa store has:

Fusion & Fission players (can't remember which is which) all for 75% off. Sponge Bob & Naked Brothers Band in both. Had at least a dozen of the video ones and double that of the non-video.

Hannah Montana stage 75% off 14.xx, Pokemon Battle thing also 75% off.

LOTS of ladies clothes 75% off about 3 racks of them.

Boys button down dressy shirts 75% off 3.xx I believe..

3 boxes of the rug squares, striped pattern - 14.xx--these were a return.

That's all I can remember. I need to start writing down notes..

What was the Pokemon thing? In the toy dept or electronics?

What was the Pokemon thing? In the toy dept or electronics?

In the toy department. Box roughly the size of the Hannah stage.

Also, they had some of the party pack dishes & glasses. Salad plates, bowls, mugs, glasses I saw for sure.

Bought 16 boxes of Rembrandt toothpaster. Regularly $6.39 a tube... ON clearance for $3.17. The 16 I found had a $3 off peel off coupon. So paid only .17 each! Left over 30 as the coupons were gone.

thats better than the 6 pack of aquafresh toothpaste i got at costco for $8ish! :P:D

Don't buy the Pokemon Battle Toy! My daughter spent her own birthday money on it when it was the full price of $50. It is a piece of junk. It doesn't stay together, pieces fall off, and the stickers don't fit. After - I went back and read the reviews which all agreed with our experience. It's not worth $5!!

On another note - today I got the "Memorex iMove Boombox for iPod" which was marked down to $34.98. Does anyone know if it's any good? I couldn't find any reviews online...

I also bought the Pokemon Battle thing a couple weeks ago, I think I'll take it back. I did find a few things today:

CBK Lil Sprouts playsets $3.74

Little Tikes Turtle playdough holder $4.98

I saw the HM stage- DD already has it.

Diecast small Nascar Cars $1.74

Clothes for dd at 75% - bermunda shorts $3.74, Knickers $4.98.

I also checked on the sports growth chart that someone asked about, sorry none there..but I'll still look for it.