Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Stupid question-where in the store are the armoires (sp)? I don't know that I've ever noticed them so need to know where to look? In the jewelry dept? Or?

Funny, ours were located in the Sporting Goods section and next to the Toys. I thought, what an odd place to put them! They were 50% on Wed and they had a TON left. When I went on Thursday morning, they went 75% and people were filling their carts! They were also finding the 75% off sporting goods and loading up on that.

The Chesapeake Square store (at 8 p.m.) had about 8 of the large amoires for $24.98. There were 2 rows of 75% off hats, gloves, and scarves for girls and boys. I also saw a 4 piece American Tourister luggage for $34.98 - 75% off. They also had one a 8 in 1 game table for $34.98.

This morning the Hampton store had several of the Washington Redskins propane grills for 75% off - approx. $23, 3-wheel scooters for $8.08, 2-pack Cascade for $2.47, 3-pack sandwich bags for $2.48 and the men's 2-pack body wash for $2.50.

I was at the Hampton store Thursday morning too. I was hoping to find one of the pink Razor Jr. scooters. I got the blue one for my son but wanted pink for my daughter. And of course, every store only had the blue. Oh well, she's only 3 months old so I would have to hold on to it for a LONG time.

I was at the Hampton store Thursday morning too. I was hoping to find one of the pink Razor Jr. scooters. I got the blue one for my son but wanted pink for my daughter. And of course, every store only had the blue. Oh well, she's only 3 months old so I would have to hold on to it for a LONG time.

I had the opposite problem at my store. TONS of pink ones and no blue ones on sale. They did have some blue ones that were not marked down. I did get a Hello Kitty one for my niece that was 75%.

I never go to Target, but plan on going after seeing this post. ARe the clearance items in one big sections? Or is like that baby clearance in baby section?

NEVER?!?! :eyepoppin

Just kidding lol. I didn't used to go "as much" either...and didn't realize just how much got clearanced regularly. I thought that getting shoes for a few dollars was just "good luck", but now I regularly peruse the store.

To answer your question...Clearance items are found all over the store. Baby clearance is in the baby section, bikes clearanced are still with the bikes, etc. "End caps" is where you'll find a lot of clearanced items also. What that means is this...instead of walking down the main isles when going from department to department, take the other end of the shelves...you never know what you'll find :yup:

I'm tempted to go back today and get another 2 bikes...for my husband and me, although I *gasp* want to ok it with him first! lol

I know she was mentioning the last I saw about her kids and dealing with illnesses, maybe that has taken most of her time now...

I thought that was ?Georgia Peach (I think that is her name) she has a liitle girl with

multiple medical conditions and she also has another daughter who is just a baby, and

she is healthy...thank God.

Well if anyone here ever emails or talks to Pam..tell her we miss her:tongue1:

Found some Hello Kitty stickers at 75% off- which I have been waiting for, my daughter is having a Hello Kitty Party in March. Let me know if anyone sees any Hello Kitty things go cheaper. My mom got a few things when the toys were 75% off!

Is anyone from South Carolina?

I totally missed out on the 16 in 1 game table at our Target. I was there Wed night and it was still there. But between then and 10am Thurs morning when they went 75%, it was gone :(

I am hoping that someone in SC or NC could let me know if they have one at their store. It is not found on the Schuman site so I have to rely on scouters :)

Thanks

I never go to Target, but plan on going after seeing this post. ARe the clearance items in one big sections? Or is like that baby clearance in baby section?

Each department has clearance usually. You can generally find clearance items on end caps around the perimeter of the store (hence the title of the discussion). But you can also often find clearance in other areas. When they start at 30%, they often leave it on the shelf in the normal place. Then they tend to consolidate it in an area in the department, on an endcap, etc. In our stores here, they often move smaller baby items to an endcap in girls or boys departments or onto those rolling shelves they use for tshirts and such inside the department. Just look for red tags and scan it because they are often wrong.

Had my DH stop into Target by his work to check on the Jewelry Armoires. Said they were still at 50%, But found only the display in the one I wanted. So he talked to an associate & she told him they wouldn't sell the display, but he insisted she ask a manager & the manager then o.k.ed it after telling him that it might fall apart. He told her he would tighten all the screws before we used it. My DH didn't have the money on him, so he told her to hold it until today, she said that was a good idea since it would take her a little longer to get it off the shelf. DH says they had 2 little screws holding it. Then she took his name & told him she would take 30% off from the 50% off price. So it comes out to about $35. Orig. $99 which is still not bad.

Just got back from a trip to the Newport News, VA Target....

Saw lots of stuff but didn't have paper to write it down on!

They have a few tents left, and some of the Cars toss tent game thing (I can't for the life of me remember the actual name for it!). About 6-8 tubes of the Ponyville ponies for $1.XX (that I spent $4.xx on a few weeks ago b/c there was only one left). I hate it when they pull stuff out of the back and surprise you a few weeks later!

The only clearance stuff I grabbed today:

Kids shampoo for $1.22

Kids barrettes for $1.38

They did have bulk softsoap and shampoos on clearance, too.

We did walk by the baby section. There's ONE Peg-Perego stroller on their clearance end-cap. Along with a mobile and I think a pack-n-play. I know there were a few more things, but can't remember what they were.

I REALLY need to stick a notebook in my purse to write this stuff down! :)

I went in for a $5 purchase and left with $117 worth of stuff!

I just went in for milk and came out with no milk but the following at 75% off:

Ladies 3-piece holiday PJ sets tied with ribbon- $4.98

Dora playhut $5.xx

girls' hats, scarves, tights, approx $2 each

Boys' pants, sweatshirts $2-4

Little girl boots - $4.98

Diego adjustable skates and knee pads set - $3.xx

insulated Cars lunch bag $3.xx

insulated little black backpack $1.71

I also saw, but did not buy really nice Adidas girl's soccer cleats in various sizes - pink and black - 75% off for $4.98. Hello Kitty scooter for $7.xx. Lots of other women's sleepwear/lounge wear and really nice white winter jackets being marked down to 75% (even the jackets were in the loungewear section...)

guess I'll just HAVE to make another trip up there later to get milk, lol! :)

Did anyone on here happen to buy the Oregon Scientific globe (I think it is electronic) that was clearanced at Christmas. It was regular priced $89.99. I found one today (most likely a return) and it was a "name your price" situation. I told her that they were $21.48... (I think I was off by a dollar!) cause it was part of the 75% off sale. She gave it to me. It looks quite neat. Anyone know if it is a nice globe?

I was very happy to find several of my Shutterfly stashes still where I put them. One store actually had them marked down 75% off. The other store showed item not found, but I got them for 75% off. The markdown guy at one store was taking them off the shelf and putting them into his cart. I knew better than to ask (given the consensus on this forum has mostly been that they are going salvage... plus this guy looked like he a big bowl of grumpy for breakfast and didn't want to be pestered). Picked up another 300 ounce Tide for $10. Now, my 3 little girls can get as dirty as they want. I think I found about 4 of those big boys this week, so I'm set on detergent for awhile!

I've been seeing TONS of those crazy little christmas ponies with the santa hat for $1.74. Kind of silly that they just didn't clearance them at Christmas. I picked up about 5 tubes for gifts next year, but there were lots spread around at many of the stores I went to.

Picked up another 300 ounce Tide for $10. Now, my 3 little girls can get as dirty as they want. I think I found about 4 of those big boys this week, so I'm set on detergent for awhile!

What do the Tide bottles look like? How do you know that they are the ones marked down? :confused: I've been scanning a bunch of them with no luck!

For those that know that their Goodwill gets the Target salvage please check for the Shutterfly items. I was able to get about 7 yesterday at Goodwill. Prices were 2.99-6.99.

They had the keychain, mug, calendar and 8x8 books. Most were opened (I assume because people dont know what they are) but all codes were intact.

Thanks to this board for letting me know about these - I wasn't aware of them before reading here. They will make great gifts.

Went to Target in leominster , Mass today and found quite a bit. Got the Big Thomas pop up playhouse thing for $9.98 75% off, plus 3 inflatable kids bed for $4.37, a queen size inflatable for $5.24, some Junie B Jones books for 50%, kids shampoo, toothpaste and a Diego scooter. I reallly want one of the tents but can't find them !!!

Where did you find the Junie B Jones books, on the shelf in books or on an endcap? My duaghter just started reading Junie B. and loves it.

I've been waiting for the tents to hit 75%, but most of the stores in Orlando did the markdown early. Between the Thur it went 50% and the following Thur that I assumed would've hit 75%, all of the Targets around here got sold out! I was bummed they all reset early and I missed out. Guess that's what I get for not going to Target daily :eyepoppin

What do the Tide bottles look like? How do you know that they are the ones marked down? :confused: I've been scanning a bunch of them with no luck!

The Tide mark down could be due to the compacting of liquid laundry detergent that is occurring in waves across the country. All liquid laundry detergent manufacturers have chosen to become green by compacting their liquids, thus more product in a smaller bottle and less waste.

I have been watching for Tide or other regular detergents to be marked down and have not seen a thing. If you are in an area where there are still regular liquid detergents on your shelves, you can try scanning any flavor of those. NO regular 1x detergent will remain on the shelf once your area has gone through the wave of compaction. This includes most other manufacturers of laundry detergent like Purex, All, Arm and Hammer etc.

If you already see shelves full of 2x or 3x only detergents, your wave is over and you will not find any markdowns as the 1 x ones are no longer around.

Where did you find the Junie B Jones books, on the shelf in books or on an endcap? My duaghter just started reading Junie B. and loves it.

Ours were in electronics but they could be anyplace from there to near the books to any end cap around there. Mine were thrown in by the electronic markdown.

Edited by scrabbler

Found some Hello Kitty stickers at 75% off- which I have been waiting for, my daughter is having a Hello Kitty Party in March. Let me know if anyone sees any Hello Kitty things go cheaper. My mom got a few things when the toys were 75% off!

My DD4 is also having a Hello Kitty party in April, so I would also appreciate any tips

on good deals. I found 2 Hello Kitty lip gloss sets clearanced for $1.96. I didn't buy them

because they seemed a little pricey for goody bag fillers. But it might make a nice little

gift for your daughter.

Were these the ones from the dollar spot, or where they somewhere else? I already have 8 multi-color hello kitty pens from when they went 75% at dollar spot here. I would love to find more hello kitty for DD's Bday in march. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it a few weeks ago.

How often does the Dollar spot go 75%? and is it usually on any particular day?