Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Made it to Union and Fairfield NJ Targets. Both were sparse to nil on Xmas stuff. The Fairfield NJ Target did have a LOT of toys (approximately a good 4+aisles. Sadly they are only 30% off. Maybe they will drop to 50% soon?

I ended up picking up a I-Dog Amp'd for $29.44. It's the Pink flower tattoo version. Does anyone know if this is a good price or just regular? It's very cute, but still a bit pricey for what it does....?

Thanks for all posters for the info re NY/NJ!

Not all Holiday was in the clearance section at our store. When people saw that I had womans & girls shirts & PJ's & tablecloths in my cart they kept asking me where I was getting things from. One woman woman was running accross the store with her kids when I told her. It was like someone yelled fire!!! :gdrunner::gdrunner::gdrunner:

Was told by a friend that another website has posted that the Huggies will be on sale at Walgreens week of 1/13 for 2/$16.00 for the jumbo packs with a free tub of wipes. If anyone still has any of the manufacture coupons for $1.25 off might be a good deal..also if you go on the smartsource website they have printable coupons which I know Walgreens takes! HTH:) Noone in diapers at my house anymore..Thank God!! At one point I figured I changed diapers for ten years straight if you added it all up with the five kiddos..that's a lot of diapers:yup:

I will go back to the Target I found mine at tomorrow and if they have one I will pick it up for you. I can always return it if someone else finds one for you first.

Sure wish I had seen this post before I went to my target (45minutes away) yesterday. I saw about 4 just hanging on the rack but didn't want any. Next time I'll think twice and pick some up anyway. I did that with the elmo tmx last year and I was able to find a home for all of the extras I picked up. My coworkers sure did appreciate it. I have a family member going in a couple of days and she'll look to see if there still there and if I get them I will post back on here.

Well, the target in Front royal, Va (in case anyone is near there) has ALOT of toys at 50%

off. I stayed away from that dept, 1. cuz it was extremely crowded, and 2. cuz my kids

do not need anymore toys!

I went to the xmas stuff in the back of the store and was able to get some lights xmas cards for next year and a few other things. (nothing major) I have another target near us, but that one is more crowded than this one, and I just know there is probably nothing left there.

But I may venture out today if I'm feeling up to it.

I was able to get some solar lights (finally) 8pk set for $19.98!

They are the brown wedge solar light set #009110608 Reg. $39.99 sale for $19.98.

Needed them, so I picked up the last 2 boxes they had.

Also picked up a box of classic lantern solar lights (4pk) 009110620 (same price as the other)

I just got back from my store only 1/2 a aisle left, mostly bows & cards. I did hit the scrapbooking aisle & found 4 little packs, one rang up .16 & not the others but the cashier said "thats weird" & went ahead & rang them all the same....whoo hoo!! The funny thing is that the one that rang up .16 was originally $1.99 but the others were $3 & up, she paid no attention just rang the cheap one up 4 times!!! That's my only deal but I'll take it!:)

Toys here in Florida are still only 30 off and there isn't much. Do other stores have more toys? Not sure if this store is just a bad store for clearance

Could be. Some stores ship their clearance out if they have overly expensive rent, for example, or just don't get much movement at higher prices on clearance. They ship it to other Target stores.

I ended up picking up a I-Dog Amp'd for $29.44. It's the Pink flower tattoo version. Does anyone know if this is a good price or just regular? It's very cute, but still a bit pricey for what it does....?

that is about what I think the "regular" price will become. It sold for $30-something during Christmas, but they are bringing out the regular I-dogs in a "classic" version for $19.99, which is a drop from the $29.99 where they started. I expect the Amp'd version (which really has much better sound) will move into that $30 price point. My kids got an I-cy last year after much debate about which animal they wanted. It is pretty darned cute.

Hit Target again this morning-

Bob the Builder Holiday set - in with regular toys for $1.45 - it has a xmas tree in it so asked if it were xmas? she didn't hesitate and took 90% off

Men's Grinch xmas pjs in the mens section $1.99

Scapbook Chipboard ornaments $.99

ACTUALLY none of these rang up 90% off but since they had xmas stuff on them she took off 90%

Hit Target again this morning-

Bob the Builder Holiday set - in with regular toys for $1.45 - it has a xmas tree in it so asked if it were xmas? she didn't hesitate and took 90% off

Men's Grinch xmas pjs in the mens section $1.99

Scapbook Chipboard ornaments $.99

ACTUALLY none of these rang up 90% off but since they had xmas stuff on them she took off 90%

I saw that Bob the Builder set and it was scanning at $14.99. I was going to try and see if they would mark it down but I was not in the mood to argue the point. They also had Holiday hot wheels regulary $4.99 with a clearance tag for $2.48. The package had Santa in a hot rod and said Holiday 2007 so it should have been 90% but again not really in the mood. I did grab some of the travel games that were originally $19.99 for only $1.99.

I was @ Target yesterday. They had a ton of the LPS advent calendars. Marked $6.98. Asked an employee, he checked and said that they were only 30% because they were in the toy section, not in the Christmas section. Oh well. We had gotten one, but I wanted to get another for the pets. Plus since they don't have candy in them, thought they would be good for next Christmas as well.

But, same Target 2 days before marked down the MLP tube for 75% off. Go figure!

last night i got the i can play guitar for $19.99 and the cartridges for $3.74. was marked $39.99 and the cashier was really ticked that i was getting such a deal. this was after she refused to give me 90% on the scrapbooking and lps set. i had a smile on my face from ear to ear and that just made her even more angry. HA!

last night i got the i can play guitar for $19.99 and the cartridges for $3.74. was marked $39.99 and the cashier was really ticked that i was getting such a deal. this was after she refused to give me 90% on the scrapbooking and lps set. i had a smile on my face from ear to ear and that just made her even more angry. HA!

One thing I don't understand is why cashiers get angry with the customers for buying things in the stores they work at????

One thing I don't understand is why cashiers get angry with the customers for buying things in the stores they work at????

I don't either. I mean if you want to be a shopper, than quit your job and be a shopper. If you want to work, than try to put a smile on your face and work. Everyone is entitled to a bad day I guess.

I notice that the cashiers get a little crabbier during the 90% off sale. That day they were bringing out household paper goods on pallets from the back, my cashier was not at all pleased. I suppose if those things had been dug out earlier, there would have been more of a chance for the employees to get them. I don't ask for much of anything from the cashiers when someone is ringing my stuff out at 90% off. I try to make it a point not to bring out the coupons either. Anything to just get in and out quickly.

Oh well, everyone is entitled to a big bunch of luck every once and awhile. The ornery cashiers will get their lucky days too! :yup:

for the person that asked the cranium turbo is regular size game (I didn't see those before on the christmas section but they were 90%) I actually got mine from a box that an employee got from the back. I have read of some people finding the pop game on the toys section and is also 90% off.

Also got the rival roaster and there were tons left at my store I mean more than 50!!!

Thanks! My Target went 90% off this Saturday morning, sadly not a lot left. I am so jealous of you all that had stores that had items being pulled from the back, or those that are able to go to more than one store. On a brighter note I did manage to find 3 20 minute Sorry games .99 a piece, one "just in case" connect 4 game 1.99 and one Cranium Pop game for 2.49. I was so excited, These games were all in the regular toys aisles, but thanks to you all I knew they were going to scan 90% off!!!! I also went ahead and stocked up on Christmas cards.... who can resist at that price?

Yesterday when I went to Target my cashier was the same way. She just seemed in a bad mood. I made conversation with her and mentioned how unfair that they couldn't get the good deals and she lightened up. I do feel bad for them but everything rang up at 90% off I wasn't ripping them off in any shape, form or fashion. We shouldn't feel guilty for getting a good deal if they are offering it.

Just went to the Target at the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, NH. If you are near here don't head there...lol. They had nothing left except candy canes...and none of the stuff, like the Men's Grinch Jammies were marked nor would they give me any off of them. Same with the hot wheels, LPS stuff or women's jammies. I also tried the Higgies wipes and was shot down. The Planters nuts also were still marked regular, they refused to mark down almost my whole cart HA HA. That's okay cause I got great deals at the other 3 and am heading to Leomister MA in the morning for an appt so I am checking the Target there..lol. I have spent my whole week at Target and will probaboly spend this week there too...camped out for the 75% toy mark down.

I left today with

1 pair of shoes for my son $3.98

2 pair for my daughter 1 $2.48, the other $3.24

1 Holiday disney princess baby $.49

1 travel size holiday magna doodle $.49

Total $10.86 YAY !!!!!!

Went back to 2 Columbus, OH Target stores today. I was able to find more Kids heavy fleece PJ sets for $1.49. Also, Graceland target had a bunch of girls 2 pair PJ pant's sets for $1.49 each, grabbed 3 packs, different colors. (all PJ's not marked, but scanned 90% off!)

I was able to find the Baby Phat perfume set, originally $29.99, not marked, but scanned at 90% off as well. Found this in the cosmetics isle. The cashier nearly had a Heart attack when she scanned this!! She even said "are you serious??" she was really nice, and couldnt believe what a deal that was.

I was also able to find one of those ornament sets, 90% off. A chrismas CD at 90% off. I got some poppycock in christmas tins at 50% off and some planters chocolate covered nuts at 50%. I also found transformers and cars calendars at 90% off, these were located near the books.

Oh, I forgot to post yesterday. Came accross a rude Target employee. I almost wanted to report her. I was trying on shoes, I had that big roaster in my cart and like 4 shoe boxes, which kept wanting to fall off my cart. I was in the middle of trying on a pair, when my boxes fell off. I picked them up and set them next to my cart, so I could continue trying on shoes without worrying about them falling. She came over to me from the next dept over, and said "I know you are going to pick these up!" I said, "Well, I am in the middle of trying them on. Once I know which ones I am going to buy, the other ones will go on the shelf." Then she decided to say how sick she is of customers leaving the area messy." I think that she needs a new job.

Andybrooke - which two Columbus stores did you go to? I haven't been able to get out but I'm hoping to get out to one tomorrow at lunch... not that there will be anything left.. LOL

Yesterday, I went to Polaris. Today I hit Easton and Graceland. Really, no one had much left. Easton had a bunch of the calendars, Graceland had a bunch of the girl's PJ pants. Other than that, both stores didn't have much left at 90%. Christmas was pretty much just bows, some cards, ornament hooks, ect.

That's what I figured... I'll hit the W Broad St Target tomorrow but I'm not optimistic... I just really need my perusing fix ;) Dang playoffs and bowl games have cut a big chunk out of my shopping time :tongue1: Maybe the boss will let us off early tomorrow in anticipation of the big game and I can get some shopping time in before picking up ds from daycare ;)...

most wer 30%, some games were 50% and very few items 75%...

sorry for the long delay...(those percentales may have chg'd since last friday...)

Thanks :) I was there yesterday (to all 3) and nothing much had changed. I did find the Fisher Price Easy link marked down to $6.28. I was pretty happy about that :)

I found 2 of the roasters too, and 2 dirt devil vacuums down to $12.48 from $50 and a big basket 90% off that a pp had mentioned. I got quite a bit of Christmas stuff too. (including the 29 cent crackers...the cashier was surprised :) )

Found 5 of the Cranium Pop games today and bought 4. I gave one to a family that was trying to find a game to take home. They had looked at it but put it down. I told them the price, and they decided it would work. I gave one to a neighbor who loves games. Not sure what I'll do with the other 3, but I couldn't pass up the deal.

The Vtech cameras are full price here. I was bummed. I did find those no-name kid video cameras for 50% off, though. has anyone had any experience with those? They are in the kid electronic games aisle and they also make a plain digital camera for about $20.