Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Debating on going out again today. Has anyone in NE Ohio checked today if more things have been put out?

which Target do you go to? The Niles Target had a lot of stuff at 75% off-but have not been out there and not sure what day they went 90%. Boardman store....Toys still 30% -I scanned more toys to see if any deals...and no way.

IS there anyway we could get GatorPam to add this to the 1st post in Target threads? I always seem to forget it and it does get asked alot?!? TKS!

GatorPam started the original Target thread, but hasn't been heard from in months. We have asked a number of times, but no one seems to know what is up. Brad, we'd love to hear if you know.

jWow 2007 will go down as the year of "My Little Pony" drama. I really do not know what it is with some cashiers it almost feels like if you do not pay full -price they feel they will not get their paycheck.

I found two pony packs in two different stores and both times went through the same thing. Luckily they called management and they said just give it to her.

If anyone has an extra my little pony christmas tree playset and would be willing to sell it please pm me. My DD really wanted one and since I was sick and just was allowed out and about just this past weekend they are nowwhere to be found in West Palm Beach are. I will pay extra and of course cover shipping and handling.

Thank you.

which Target do you go to? The Niles Target had a lot of stuff at 75% off-but have not been out there and not sure what day they went 90%. Boardman store....Toys still 30% -I scanned more toys to see if any deals...and no way.

Went out today but didn't try Niles. With the mall there thought it would prob. be picked over.

We were able to find 2 of the brown throws $2.50, mesh outdoor lights that go on shrubs, PJ's & shirts,table cloths, creamer & cookies. The best deal was at 1st store the cashier gave us the plastic cake, pie, & egg holders for 90%.

The 2nd store would not budge on anything & some of the red box items in mens were priced as marked!! Tried also to get the scrapping for 90% but no go. Since they would not give us what we wanted,we took their things!! :yup: There were 2 carts next to the registers against the wall. Found the photo ornament,holiday shirts, large tub with black & silver ribbons & bows & a few other things all 90%. I didn't get to check everything since when 2 employees started comming over I left with my deals! Not sure why those carts were even there?

niles has nothing, since last night, and even the toy section is small. Went to the store in boardman, and they still had wrapping paper, cards and candy canes. They have alot more clearanced toys too so when the stores go 75% they have a lot more there.

Yesterday the store here went to 90% off when they opened at 8. I got there at nine and there were two ladies with two buggies each and they had all the Christmas Quilts/Throws and that sort of thing.

(Thanks to GD, I found the awesome little Winnie the Pooh leather shoes for my new nephew. They are so cute and they were just hanging up with the other WTP leather shoes, not marked at all. Yippie!)

I also found a plastic Tee Ball set in the toy aisle but it was in the Red Christmas Gift boxes. It rang up for 59 cents (original price 5.99) and I was so very happy to find that because, spring is coming soon and that is perfect. (I bought 3.)

Our store emptied fast because I actually went back with my sil later that afternoon and there was only a bunch of broken stuff and lots of cards and gift wrap. I found a Black T shirt w/a Christmas tree on it in the clothes department stuck in a bunch of other stuff for 50 cents.

I look at this board frequently but never post. Tonight was the first time that I had seen the Niles and Boardman store mentioned on this site. That is funny being that I thought I was the only person in this area who stalked their bargains. Anyhow I looked at Boardman tonight to check out their toy clearance and it is disappointing compared to previous clearance sales. A lot of the stuff was Barbie and not too much left of anything really good. I am checking the Niles store tomorrow to see what I can find. But hi to everyone from my area!

Went out today but didn't try Niles. With the mall there thought it would prob. be picked over.

We were able to find 2 of the brown throws $2.50, mesh outdoor lights that go on shrubs, PJ's & shirts,table cloths, creamer & cookies. The best deal was at 1st store the cashier gave us the plastic cake, pie, & egg holders for 90%.

The 2nd store would not budge on anything & some of the red box items in mens were priced as marked!! Tried also to get the scrapping for 90% but no go. Since they would not give us what we wanted,we took their things!! :yup: There were 2 carts next to the registers against the wall. Found the photo ornament,holiday shirts, large tub with black & silver ribbons & bows & a few other things all 90%. I didn't get to check everything since when 2 employees started comming over I left with my deals! Not sure why those carts were even there?

Wow!!! Think I will go first thing tomorrow here in Az to see if there were any returns or random carts full of stuff!! Got to keep an eye on toys too! i wonder why the scrap stuff isn't clearencing?

Welcome burntcookie!!!

Don't be afraid to post we need all the help we can find.:)

Thanks for the welcome! I will post when I find. I am trying to stay away from Target though. I have a serious addiction to that store. I have actually called their 1-800 number to complain that there are not enough Target stores in our area. I can think of at least 5 Walmarts that are within 25 minutes of Boardman but only 2 Target stores.

that is about what I think the "regular" price will become. It sold for $30-something during Christmas, but they are bringing out the regular I-dogs in a "classic" version for $19.99, which is a drop from the $29.99 where they started. I expect the Amp'd version (which really has much better sound) will move into that $30 price point. My kids got an I-cy last year after much debate about which animal they wanted. It is pretty darned cute.

Yes it is pretty darned cute. I wish it was part of the clearance! :( Seems like some of the colors are more popular and more expensive online than others....how bizarre! Thanks for the info!

Just got back from my target. They must have been 90% off for a while so there was maybe 1/2 an aisle left.

BUT-

There was a beautiful Smith and Hawken eucalyptus and pinecone wreath sitting there amongst the broken stuff. got it for 4.99! When I was in line, another cashier came over and said "This was over there?". She was suprised, and a little mad I think. I think it was a customer return that someone had just put back there.

There was so much clearance, they made extra endcaps to cram the stuff on.

I got the 1000 thread count sheets for 9.99 at 75% off, and a bunch of Kitchen aid stuff (carving knives, etc)was 50-75% off. The Glade air affects spray cans, and Febreeze special edition was 50% off.

Made out pretty well. Toys only 30% off though.

There was so much clearance, they made extra endcaps to cram the stuff on.

I got the 1000 thread count sheets for 9.99 at 75% off, and a bunch of Kitchen aid stuff (carving knives, etc)was 50-75% off. The Glade air affects spray cans, and Febreeze special edition was 50% off.

Made out pretty well. Toys only 30% off though.

You may want to rethink the sheets. Everyone who has bought them has HATED them. They all say that they are stiff as a board.

I just called two Targets in Tucson (Grant/Tanque Verde and Old Spanish Trail/Harrison). I received vague answers as to when toys would be marked down and when XMas would go 90%. They are both holding strong at 30% off toys and 75% off Christmas.

I know as soon as I cave and buy the VTech for $35, it'll go down in price. Granted, $35 is not a bad deal. I am inclined to think I am going to cave rather than wait.

If they do go down further and they have them in stock, I'll buy one and just return it with the $35 receipt.

That's what I did last year with my son's train table. I was a 3 days off of their clearance. I tried to get a price adjustment b/c I was pregnant and didn't want to bring it back in. They wouldn't. So I walked back and had an employee throw one on the cart for me. I paid $19 for it. Walked out the door and came back in to return it with my $70 receipt. Worked like a charm.:)

I ended up going again tonight - not a lot of x-mas stuff left except bows and a few stockings.

MLP christmas tree

MLP tubes (ended up getting them for 90%).

LPS Tube

Disney Cars

Hannah Montana Calendar

HSM Calendar

Bratz

Barbie doll ornament

3 packs of Playdoh bags

1 Trouble travel game

Checked out some of the toys, scanned a few at 50% still and the only ones I found at 75% were the Shrek Talking boots and donkey for $4.98.

Back from Target, AGAIN! Every time I go I think that there is nothing left to be found, but...

Honeybee Hop $8.48 (I know, I know, you all got them free - I missed out)

Shake 'n Go crash-up speedway $24.44 (passed this up dreaming of 75% off, went back)

Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry juice $1.37 (I love this stuff, definatly worth it for me!)

All were 50% off. Honeybee hop and Shake 'n Go were marked clearance, but only marked 30%. Now I want to find them at 75% for the "price adjustment". How fun would it be to give the Shake 'n Go Speedway to all the boys we know as B-Day gifts?! I usually spend about $10 for kid parties, but I think I can swing $12.22, lol.

Also found kids christmas jammies $1.29. Never saw these before! Return? There was only 1 pair, just DD's size. Happy me!

I just got back from my Target and I am just spitting mad. I went there with a specific list of all the good finds everyone else here on gotta deal has shared.

First things, the wii games and xbox 360 games since those are so expensive I am always looking for new games for those systems for us. We have had the wii since April and only have 5 games for it and only 3 for the Xbox 360 and that is because of Christmas. Well the only one my Target had was the Ghost Squad for the Wii. They had 3 copies, my daughter went and price scanned it and low and behold $1.74, so she yells it down the aisle "Mommy, it says it is only $1.74!!" I grabbed the other two on the shelf and said good to go. I can get one for each of my family members who have wii's. I grabbed a couple other games, went over to the pricescan and checked the prices on those and they were all $19.99 or $29.99 so I figured I just got really lucky. Did the rest of my shopping, looked through the scant little bit of Christmas stuff left, didn't find anything other than wrapping paper for .19 or .29 and an ornament for .29 and there was 4 puffy's for the shower with christmas stars on them...so we went to the toy section. Nada...nothing good. All express games gone, all cranium games gone.

Head over to the baby section and grab 30 packages of baby wipes ;my son has to have wipes so we buy them all the time. I figured for .19 I was going to stock up.

Got up to the register and immediately the cashier gives me attitude. I said ... "this is all holiday so it should be 90% off but I want to make sure." She says "Not all of it is on sale... because that is just what the managers said. If it rings up on sale it is on sale... if it rings normal price it is normal price."

I told her that the wipes were holiday (snowmen, snowflakes and pooh dressed as santa) and the bath poofies had christmas stars on them. She scanned them and refused to take 90% off... said they are still wipes, and they still clean your body... they are normal Health and Beauty... not on sale.

Then she does the games... says "information not on file" I said well that is weird because an hour and a half ago they scanned at 1.74 and I scanned all 3 of them. She called back to Electronics and they said $29.99 I said no way... the only reason I came here was because it was on clearance on our gottadeal forum and I made a list of all the items on sale. I grabbed all 3 because they scanned at 1.74. She said... "They wouldn't have changed in an hour"... I said well it did because it scanned for 1.74 and now it is not in the system.

The manager comes over and says that she will check on the price... she walks over to a self scanner and it says information not on file.

I said well I am not paying $29.99 for 3 games that scanned at 1.74 an hour an a half ago and she said that is what electronics is saying.

I am calling corporate. I was so embarrassed becase at this point the cashier says to me, "In all my time working here I have never seen a game priced that low before, I just don't believe it"... I said well when you have time check out gottadeal.com and look at the Target thread... over 1000 posts a month about finds such as this one... and yeah they do go that low. I have bought PC games here for $2.00 before.... it does happen.

The manager just said well there is nothing I can do... it is not on file.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.:gdbouquet1:

I had a similar experience with the Thomas Holiday Set. No luck the first time. Saw many people here getting it 90% off, so I tried again tonight. I was shot down by the cashier again. At least she was nice about it.

I scanned a few kiddie bath sets tonight, just in case. The ones I checked all came up "information not on file." Will the cashier just enter the red tag price? Does this mean that the current 15% off is as low as they will go?

Sorry you had such a bad experience.:gdbouquet1:

I had a similar experience with the Thomas Holiday Set. No luck the first time. Saw many people here getting it 90% off, so I tried again tonight. I was shot down by the cashier again. At least she was nice about it.

I scanned a few kiddie bath sets tonight, just in case. The ones I checked all came up "information not on file." Will the cashier just enter the red tag price? Does this mean that the current 15% off is as low as they will go?

You could always pull off the red sticker and tell them it was in the christmas section! Maybe 90% off?

That's what I did last year with my son's train table. I was a 3 days off of their clearance. I tried to get a price adjustment b/c I was pregnant and didn't want to bring it back in. They wouldn't. So I walked back and had an employee throw one on the cart for me. I paid $19 for it. Walked out the door and came back in to return it with my $70 receipt. Worked like a charm.:)

i do that all the time, I keep the receipts in the car, that way, I just go back to the car, take off the sticker (if it has one) and go right back into the store.

semperwife, I am SO sorry for your ordeal. That just plain stinks!

I tried to get the Huggies wipes (that come in the larger box) at the 90% off since the packaging has snowflakes and the baby is wearing a Santa hat for goodness sakes. But no go, I was told it was not holiday and would be regular price.

At least I tried! :blush:

Our Target will NEVER budge on anything. I don't even try anymore. They act annoyed just to be there at all.

Last year when the princess TV was clearanced, I got a really nippy response when I asked out of curiosity why they weren't clearanced here.

Then I went to look for the wine cooler a few weeks ago, posted on here. Once again we had it, full price. I also tried to get the dollar spot batteries some of you were able to get for 75% off, I got a really rude lecture that day.

They did go 90% off on Saturday. I grabbed a bunch of plain white gift boxes for $.19 a pack. They come in handy year round for b-day's. I also got a rope dog toy for $0.19. I got a few gift bags. The only real deal I got- they had the red box Ipod Nano speakers docking station thing. It was regularly $30.00- I got it for $3.00. It was shoved in the pet food aisles behind some things. So, that was my bargain.

They had a lot of kids bath set's and perfume sets (4 endcaps full) and they were only marked 15% off. Also I noticed they had 2 endcaps full of the polaroid digital camcorder that was from BF. They were still full price, just wondering if anyone thinks they'll clearance these?

"You could always pull off the red sticker and tell them it was in the christmas section! Maybe 90% off"

I thought the same thing, but that's beyond my limits. I won't take stickers off in the store. IMO (and accoding to store policies) that is shoplifting. If the cashier sees the prices and will override, good for me. If not, well, guess it wasn't ment to be. I don't mean to be harsh. I do appriciate that you posted a reply. Just want to say that feels too dishonest to me.

"Originally Posted by DAGoerig

That's what I did last year with my son's train table. I was a 3 days off of their clearance. I tried to get a price adjustment b/c I was pregnant and didn't want to bring it back in. They wouldn't. So I walked back and had an employee throw one on the cart for me. I paid $19 for it. Walked out the door and came back in to return it with my $70 receipt. Worked like a charm."

I will do this. After all, both were purchased at the then-current price. One will be returned. Both are identical. Wouldn't they rather have the one back that I just bought, the one that hasn't been used?

Ok I have never done the toy clearance at Target before. Please fill me in. How much down? thanks

I started last year and it was AWESOME! Anyway, as you may have seen some toys are marked 15%, 30% and 50% - they will go down all the way to 90% if any are left.

They typically do mark downs weekly - going from 15% to 30% to 50% to 75% then to 90% - but as we have seen with Christmas we don't know for sure when it will happen. YOu just have to keep a watch!

Watch to see if they are resetting toys - moving all Clearance toys together - or if you see alot of employees working. I don't totally trust calling to see if they marked down.....

I am sure others have some input, ideas or please correct me if I am wrong! TKS!