ARGH! Buy.com VENT!

alimfp

I ordered DH a refurb'd 30 GB Zune from Buy.com on 11/23. It was billed to my CC on 11/24, shipped 11/25.

By 9 days after that, I hadn't received it. So I contacted Buy.com and was told they'd submit a claim and to wait 3-5 business days. So I waited. I did ask a few times who they shipped through, if there was an actual real tracking number (besides the BS one given on their site that gives no results) and they ignored that question continously.

5 business days go by, I email again. They reply and say, "We're still looking" basically. I reply and say that isn't acceptable. I've been out $90 for three weeks and most likely will not get DH's present by Christmas. I ask them to please call me (as me calling them is a joke, the wait time was always 1+ hour!).

They don't reply. I was going to email again today. I finally up and decided I wanted that Zune for DH, so I bought one off of Amazon on Tuesday.

Guess what?

I get the Amazon Zune at 1:40pm via UPS.

TWO MINUTES LATER Fed Ex shows up with the Buy.com Zune (shipped on the 18th).

Being DH knew of the Buy.com fiasco, I just told him I bought the one on Amazon as well. So now my surprise of "Hey, you actually do get one!" is ruined. He got the Fed Ex box, and it of course said what was inside, so he was excited. I just got mad and said, "And guess what we just got from Amazon?!" :mad:

So I have a refurb Zune that DH is keeping and then a new one from Amazon.

Nice.

The entire thing ticked me off because I wasn't the only person to have this issue with Buy.com and buying a Zune from them. Yet Buy.com wouldn't give straight answers and then they requested to call me last week, so I said PLEASE DO SO. But no call, so I replied saying to call me, please .. again. No call. But the Zune shows up. I am happy it showed up, but I wish they'd given me a heads up. :/

I ordered numerous items from them last Christmas, and had similar shipping issues on a few of them. I also had TONS of problems with the mail in rebates that they seem to offer on everything. Long story short I finally gave up on half of the expected rebates after fighting for them until ~ April of this year. Never bought anything from them since and don't plan to ever again.

I've decided once I'm calmed down, I'm going to write them a letter - I'll email and snail mail it. I'll send it after the holidays are over though. I just think it's terrible CS all around, but esp not to call and let me know one is on the way. I sat here Tuesday debating back and forth if I should buy the one on Amazon, but I figured if I didn't, I'd be mad at myself for not having one at all.

And then, they put the contents of the package on the address sticker! Had DH not known about this, he would have known what was in it since he looked at the address (we keep getting the neighbors packages and they are getting ours from Fed Ex, for some reason..). :/

But hey, DH and I talked and I am keeping the Amazon Zune. :P I wanted one anyway (but in pink, but I'll take black and just buy a case for it!). Just stinks because we didn't necessarily want to get ME one yet but hey..

I too had similar issues with them. We live 1/2 mile from our mailbox. When I order things I use the physical address because to me ground shipping is always UPS,FEDEX,DHL.. seems they choose which method is cheaper AND there's a new shipping called UPS Innovations which all carriers (UPS,FEXEX,DHL) pick items up you get a tracking # for them, then they deliver to the Post Office who then delivers it to you! Usually with some sort of delivery confirmation, which does not mean that you actually received the item! I was tracking this pkg, waiting for UPS to deliver it, I guess I didn't scroll down far enough on the tracking page or I would have noticed that they delivered it to USPS, and put it in my mailbox! I discovered this after the fact! It got stolen...duh, 1/2 mile from the house! I called the local P.O. they said if it's small enough to fit in the mailbox that's what they do! I had to fill out a slip telling the carrier not to leave anything in the box! We have such mail theft out here, it's dumb of her to leave items in the mailbox anyway! So long story short...emailed BUY.com, told them the problem, and they sent a replacement out and it arrived FEDEX a week later! I did order 1 more item from them, wanted to put in my PO BOX because I knew it was a small item, but it wouldn't let me, and it ended up coming FEDEX as well....I like Amazon much better, will stick with them!

Wow. I'm so sorry about the troubles some of you are having with buy.com. Like amez74, I have ordered many times and had no trouble. I did have 2 separate experiences where the stupid UPS people lost/misplaced the order, but buy.com submitted the claims and I received replacement items quickly. One of these claim situations was even done entirely by e-mail. It was handled fast and the outcome was as good as I could hope for. I really can't say a bad word about them. I've gotten all my rebates - everything. In fact, buy.com is on my very short list of trusted places from which to order electronics. I'm sorry it has not gone so well for you guys.

I ordered something from buy.com on 11/30 and still haven't received it. Here is the information on the delivery confirmation page of USPS.com. It seems like it keeps going back and forth between NY and NJ:

Processed, December 26, 2007, 11:11 am, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Processed, December 24, 2007, 9:47 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10199

Mis-Shipped, December 24, 2007, 11:01 am

Arrival at Unit, December 24, 2007, 11:01 am, BRONX, NY 10473

Processed, December 23, 2007, 9:43 pm, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Processed, December 22, 2007, 8:48 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19919

Processed, December 14, 2007, 5:45 pm, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Processed, December 11, 2007, 4:51 am, NEW YORK, NY 10199

Processed, December 07, 2007, 10:21 pm, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 06, 2007

Venusaur, you should feel lucky you even got a working number to track a package. I bought two very inexpensive items from them a few weeks back and was never able to get a tracking number that actually worked for either item. Right about the time I was going to give up the two packages showed up. Buy.com is not a place I will buy from again.

Venusaur, you should feel lucky you even got a working number to track a package. I bought two very inexpensive items from them a few weeks back and was never able to get a tracking number that actually worked for either item. Right about the time I was going to give up the two packages showed up. Buy.com is not a place I will buy from again.

I have had the same experience with my one purchase of Wii Play. It took over 3 weeks to receive the Wii Play, and I never was able to get any tracking or shipping info. It was like my order was in limbo land.

I ordered once with them the Zune with regular checkout I got in within 8 days from ordering and for some reason before alot of you that ordered them sooner. I got the NEW brown one not a refurbished one.

I also ordered through google checkout an SD card, Cranium Fort, remote control TINY helicopter AND Hannah/Miley CD and although it took about 10-12 days to get those items they all got here relativly quickly!

I keep hearing all these Buy.com horror stories but for some strange reason this company has been GREAT for me?!?!

I sure don't know if there is any rhyme or reason to why some peoples things are fine and others are such a mess....I will definatly be more leary purchasing important things from them in the future with all the horror stories!!

Oh, I've ordered from Buy.com for a long time now. I've had items take a few days longer than they should have, but I just waited and didn't say a word. This was the first time I've had such an experience. I was mainly upset with their very poor customer service. :(

I ordered something from buy.com on 11/30 and still haven't received it. Here is the information on the delivery confirmation page of USPS.com. It seems like it keeps going back and forth between NY and NJ:

This same sort of thing happened to one of my Buy.com packages! It took several weeks to get here. Why is that, I wonder??? I've ordered from so many places and this has not happened from anyone else. I had another Buy.com order that arrived within the specified time. To be honest, when it came time to order a few more things, I went elsewhere.

I had a problem ordering from them earlier this month. I ordered a Sansa mp3 player on sale for $31.99 for my little brother as a Christmas gift and a Kingston memory card on 11/27. The next day the memory card shipped but the mp3 player's status showed that my order had been sent to the warehouse. The following day the status changed to on order (out of stock). Both items were in stock when I placed my order so I sent them an email on 12/06 asking why my mp3 player hadn't shipped yet even though it was in stock when I ordered it and they replied the next day saying the mp3 player wasn't in stock and they weren't sure when it was going to come back in stock, but they'd email me and keep me updated. I waited about a week, never got any email updates, so I email them again asking if they knew when the mp3 player would be back in stock, they said they still weren't sure, so I canceled my order on 12/13. The MP3 player was back in stock two days later for $51.99.:mad::rolleyes: I've ordered from them before without any problems, but after this, I don't think I'll order anything from them anymore.

OT: I bought another Sansa MP3 player from eBay on 12/14 to replace the one I canceled from Buy.com, but that one still hasn't gotten here yet. The seller said if it isn't here by Saturday (yesterday), he'll send me another. So yesterday, I ordered yet another one, this time from Amazon, so I'll just ask for a refund from the ebay seller or send the one from ebay back if I get it. I didn't think I'd have to go through all this to get an MP3 player. lol

I will 2nd the buy.com SUX group. I ordered an XBOX 360 from them for the kids christmas. Guess what? Christmas morning the thing would not even power up! Nada nothing. I get in touch with buy.com and since it had been more than 14 days since I ORDERED (not received, ordered) the item, the would not do anything! The suggested I take it up with Microsoft. I ended up having to go out and buy the kids a new 360 because that was all my boys wanted, 360 and halo3. I will NEVER buy from them again.

At least you got yours...I ordered the same thing on the same day and mine still says ordered on the check your account site. I called several times before Christmas and got nowhere. I tried again today and spoke with someone with a VERY thick accent that i could hardley understand who told me that basically she didn't know anymore than I did. It is backordered until who knows when...fortunately this was a Merry Christmas to me gift so I didn't really worry about arrival by the 25th, but it would be nice to know if and when it will EVER arrive! Maybe it will be a happy birthday to me gift (November 24th, 2008 :-)

At least you got yours...I ordered the same thing on the same day and mine still says ordered on the check your account site. I called several times before Christmas and got nowhere. I tried again today and spoke with someone with a VERY thick accent that i could hardley understand who told me that basically she didn't know anymore than I did. It is backordered until who knows when...fortunately this was a Merry Christmas to me gift so I didn't really worry about arrival by the 25th, but it would be nice to know if and when it will EVER arrive! Maybe it will be a happy birthday to me gift (November 24th, 2008 :-)

I received an e mail on the 31st from newegg.com that they had the brown zune back in stock for $99.99. Hope this helps

I realize I ordered my item from buy.com quite late, but I thought there was still a chance I'd get it by Christmas, if not maybe a day or two later. Here's my tracking:

Manifest ID: 2466579

Date Time Description Location

January 3, 2008 10:29 AM Delivered QUAKERTOWN,PA

January 3, 2008 7:44 AM Accept/Pickup QUAKERTOWN,PA

January 3, 2008 5:30 AM USPS Entry QUAKERTOWN, PA

January 3, 2008 4:30 AM Sortation Center Departure POTTSTOWN, PA

January 2, 2008 9:26 PM USPS Electronically Notified QUAKERTOWN,PA

December 29, 2007 12:45 PM Sortation Center Arrival POTTSTOWN, PA

December 29, 2007 10:56 AM Sortation Center Departure MARTINSBURG, WV

December 28, 2007 4:15 PM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV

December 27, 2007 10:04 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX

December 18, 2007 7:01 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX

Apparently my package was in Dallas from 12/18 to 12/27!!! Btw, the other things I ordered from other sites, on the same date 12/15, all arrived by 12/24 with ground shipping!

I've noticed that anything I order that ships from Texas always takes way longer to arrive. I have no idea why, but almost every time it takes about 3 times longer than anywhere else, even California, I live in MA.

This happened to me too :mad: I emailed them and asked them WTF and 2 days later it shows up :razz: It took 26 business days for my item to arrive when it should have been 7-10 business days.