Target line was miserable this year

Monstermile

This is the first time I did Target first. I usually do Best Buy but they really didn't have anything I wanted first. So we get there at 4am. Maybe 20 people in front of us. By the time 5:30 rolled around the line was well over 200-300 and was quickly becoming disorganized. It originally wrapped around the store but now it split at the end of the sidewalk and started going into the parking lot. The people way in the back were getting ticked off. The people right around us were as well because you had the ones trying to sneak up to the other side of the doors. Then there were the door rushers waiting at the edge of the curb. There was probably well over 100 of them. Security was out there trying to control the line and the door rushers. It was crazy. Best Buy last year was not even that bad. We went all the way back to electronics, got our items checked out and there was still a steady line of people coming in the front doors and it still went outside to the parking lot.

Still trying to figure out why such the huge crowd. There were no door busters and really nothing I could personally see that was an outstanding deal or HTF item.

OMG we have two targets in my town. I didn't make target the first stop I went about 2-3 hours after they opened and they had police directing traffic in the parking lot. The line in the store was disorganized chaos. I left when I saw the checkout lines, I went to the other target and got the few items on my list. It was quiet and peaceful. Next year gonna go to the quiet one first.

My Target was crazy. I got there after they'd been open for 30 minutes and check-out was horrible. All lanes were open and had 10+ people waiting in each one. Luckily, I saw that the jewelry counter was open and was able to sneak in there and only had to wait about 5 minutes.

I got to Target at about 6:30-6:45 am. The parking lot was packed with cars, but no one was waiting outside. So I just walked on in and we got everything we wanted. We were there for maybe 20 minutes before we headed to the checkout. Not very bad lines, maybe 5 people in each one. We didn't wait but maybe 10 minutes to be checked out. It was very crowded but there wasn't that many people in line yet.

We got to Target at 3 and we were about the 25th in line.. IT was cool watching the lost slowly fill up and the line get longer and longer.. Target security and our local police dept did a great job keeping the line jumpers back... The police told them if they try jumping in front of everyone who was in line, then they were going to be arrested... We were in and out of Target in 15 minutes and a few of the attempted line jumpers were still standing on the curb

I got to ours at about 6:30. The lines for check-out wrapped all the way around to the back of the store and everything I wanted was already gone. The one or two things that I did find, I didn't want bad enough to stand in that line for so I left empty-handed. I overheard one of the employees talking and she said it took 12 minutes for everyone that was waiting in line at 6 am to get in the door. It was absolutely nuts!!

Target was the worst place we went to for check-out lines. We got into what we thought was the only line that was at the back of the store wrapping around electronics. My friend decided she'd walk up front to see what was going on. She called me on my cell and told me to get out of that line and come up into the other lines at the front. Needless to say even in that line (in the clothes, in front of the registers) it still took us 30 minutes to get thru.

Our Target had a longer line than the Best Buy (next door). Sadly, some people lined up outside the mall entrance to Target - then were told just before 6, that the people waiting in the cold outside would be let in first. So a hoard of people went running through the mall to join the outdoor line.

I waited inthe mall give-away line (misc. coupons, ticket for a drawing at 8 am and a $10 gift card) which started giving its goods away at 6. I was done with that at 6:10, wandered into Target (no carts; easier to shop without a cart at that point) and got Polly Pocket cars for $1.50, 1000 TC sheets ($19 each), Kodak digital camera ($69) and a 1 GB SD card (9.88). The problem was the slow check-out lines.

People were loving their Olevia TVs and those bulky boxed video rocker chairs.

I left happy - and ran home to cancel my online order for that digital camera (which they weren't able to promise delivery of by 12/25 anyway).

The lines were far, far worse at Kohl's - I had to take my teen there around 10 am. waited in line a full 45 minutes to buy clothes she chose. That store needs lessons in how to process people who want to give them money in exchange for goods - start by doubling the number of cash registers!! The line extended across the front of the store, down the side (length) of the store and the two lines met in the center of the back wall of the store, near the home section). Crazy.

We got to Target around 5:15, waited in line, booed the line jumpers to the point that they stopped and waited for the line to pass. I went straight to Toys and got the Hannah Montana dolls, my SIL went to get all of our DVDs, and my mom, went for the Magellan. She saw the mess that was in electronics so she went around the back around the perimeter and got one easy as pie! We were out of there by 6:30, no worries. The only thing you really had to watch for was the people with the big 37" TV running you over cause they couldn't see you b/c the box was so huge!

my target was the best store that i had gone to... we got there at about 630 or 7 got everything we wanted, and got in the line (that was pretty much wrapped to the back of the store)... we were out of there within 15 minutes... it was great... and organized!!! WAY TO GO TARGET!!!!:clapping:

I got to target at 2am and stood 3rd in line until they opened at 6am. We got a few line jumpers booted and headed straight in to get the hard drive. the line by 6am was close to 400 and it was a mad house. they had to have police in the electronics dept. I got in and out though because I was not going to face the mob. 1 hardrive and I was gone but they only had three hard drives total so I was in luck.people were screaming because everything in electronics went extremely fast. a very eventful black friday at target to say the least.

Love Target... Got to Target at midnight to wait in line was the 12th person in line. They block off a large area so that there would be no line jumpers with both Target security and policy department were there. There was no pushing. Got everything I wanted and was checked out and in my car by 6:15. There was a long line still coming in the doors. The parking lot was a mess it took longer to get out of the parking lot than anything..

This was my first year going out shopping on BF and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We went to WM 1st :rolleyes:(only cuz DH wanted the HD DVD player-hey even if it doesn't have that great of a pic we still got a new one to replace our old crappy one). We were out of there by 5:05 and at Target by 5:15. There was already a line of about 50. They had roped off the entrance to keep line jumpers at bay-worked really well with 2 security guards standing there. I got in, got the digital frame and was out of the store by 6:05. not bad at all!

I was completely impressed with Target. I was there right at the opening. They had an AP employee outside holding back all the non-waiting-in-line people while we filed in nicely (take notes, WalMart). There were employees stationed outside each department with ads in hand, ready to help customers. Every single checkout line was open (take notes, Kohls) and I waited maybe 2 minutes to check out. It was amazing. If Target wasn't already my favorite store, it would be now.

I live in Columbus, Ga. and I was at Target at 4:30 and there were 30 or so people in line, but by 5:45am there must have been atleast 250 people in line. I could not tell because the line I was in wrapped around the store and the line on the other side just kept going. The security was great though, and the people in line, we grabbed each other hands and did not let the late comers in at all! Target even served the first 100 people hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Yummy.

I personally never understood why people line up so early at Target. They don't do doorbusters and will give out rainchecks for almost everything in their ad.

It was the first time ever that Target had the game cabinets unlocked and unmanned. It was great. Swooped in and got my 2 Wii games and left.

Was in and out in less than 35 minutes.

Ours was a total nightmare!!! I got there about 5:30am and the line was wrapped around the store (which I expected).... they opened the doors and everything went smoothly UNTIL you attempted to go to toys/ electronic section. What chaos that was!!! There were 3 seperate lines in the store which people THOUGHT that lead to the checkouts. One we found out was going in a circle around the store. People were so rude and finally the employees whom had no clue what was going on came out and started merging the lines. It took me 15 minutes to get what I needed and my total time in the store was 2 hours!!! Not sure I'll do this again @ Target!!!! :-(