How many in line already? Post status reports & pics here!

d2p

Just passed by the Circuit city at union square in Manhattan there were easily 30+ people online there as of 2230. Anyone who comes now will most likely not even have a chance at any of the big doorbuster items which is kind of scary!

Exactly. When you hear about 150 people in line at BB already, you have to be thinking what is person #150 going to get that will make it worth waiting outside all night? Obviously all the good stuff will be gone, and the other deals could have been had by getting there right after they open.

Exactly. When you hear about 150 people in line at BB already, you have to be thinking what is person #150 going to get that will make it worth waiting outside all night? Obviously all the good stuff will be gone, and the other deals could have been had by getting there right after they open.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/plus1.gif Yeah, I thought that BB had a good price on a front-loading washer/dryer pair, but you could probably arrive at 5 am and pick them up since most people won't be going to Best Buy for a washer/dryer. But any doorbuster -- not gonna happen once you get beyond 40th in line.

Yep, there wasn't much I saw at Best Buy or any other store actually. I did get a few items at Best buy online earlier today so I won't have to go wait in line there. I'm very thankful for that! My thoughts are to go out around 5am maybe to Wal-Mart then I'll hit a few other stores after that just to look around. Beyond that I might just people watch.

I am very glad that most all items are online this year and seem to be in good quantity! That's a good think and might help next year's fun come back. Once all the Ebayers buy stuff and can't re-sell it, they'll think twice about waiting in line for 36 hours or more.

I just got a text update from my husband (who is currently 10th in line at CompUSA - been there for about an hour or so). At CompUSA there are less than 20 people in line. We drove around there at 6pm and there were 15, but some or all of those must have went into the 9-12 sale. The line for the Best Buy is wrapped around the building!

This is in the Robinson area of Pittsburgh.

man thats crazy escalation over the years

4 years ago - I was at that same Best Buy store and 8th in line arriving at 3am

3 years ago - same store 18th in line arriving at 3am

2 years ago - same store - 33rd in line arriving at 2:15am

1 year ago and now - shopped online :D

I'm hoping Target isn't this crazy either in MI. I want the Olevia TV too and am curious as to how i'm going to get it to and out of my vehicle! LOL

When I bought my 26" Olevia from Office Depot two BFs ago, an employee wheeled it out to our car on a handtruck. He helped me load it -- they aren't heavy, just awkward.

man thats crazy escalation over the years

4 years ago - I was at that same store and 8th in line arriving at 3am

3 years ago - same store 18th in line arriving at 3am

2 years ago - same store - 33rd in line arriving at 2:15am

1 year ago and now - shopped online :D

I know, it's insane! I remember when getting to a store at 3 meant I was really desperate to get something. Now that's considered late at most places. :eyepoppin

I usually shop online because it's hard for me to get away from my son, and with another on the way it will be twice as hard! It's the only way to get my shopping done without people actually knowing what I'm getting them (this includes EVERYONE) lol.

BB update in Vero Beach... the line is still growing... I'm glad i'm not #124!!! a lot of people are starting to go to sleep... I'm about to watch a movie to kill an hour or 2... O' the Target line with my wife has about 15 people in it...!

Squeak

Miami,fl

best buy line started in Tucson, AZ at 4pm according to my local 10 pm news for tickets at 3am. I won't show up at target until 2am. at least its only in the 60s right now and will be in the 50s at 2am. Thank goodness for my white and nerdy hoodie but still mild compared to WI temps I have had to face in the past.

not that i'm expecting anything, but i'm bored so i'm going to take a quick drive to the target and kohls that are a couple blocks away and see if anyone is out there :P

12:50am CT - nobody at Target, 2 people in cars in the Kohls/OfficeMax lot.

6 years ago BB about 70 something inline before 8am (Except I line jumped to the front by accident. Didnt know when they opened, went to the door, doors opened and I kind of got pushed with the pile lol)

5 years ago #10 at bb at 4AM. Stood inline for my dad to get him a toshiba laptop (Got a big steak for that one :D )

4 years ago in the 20s around 4AM

3 years ago about the same around 4AM

2 years ago around 3AM in the 60s.

Last Year 4:45 AM 100 and something :D I only wanted dvds and got all but one.

This year ........ Online shopping and staying warm. If I didnt have to wait for Amazons deals to be listed Id be in bed so I can getup at 6 to go to Menards and Target to get a few things then to work (Non retail).

anyone nkow how often google earth is updated?

if it is very often you can use that to look at the stores you wnt to go to :P

nvm googled it and foudn this

"It is my understanding that Google Earth pictures are a couple of years old."

not good idea :P

I'm thinking of driving by in a few more hours once people start lining up and handing out free GottaDeal backpacks :P

hmmm Ok everyone stand by a strip mall that has both Kohls and Office Max stores in Wisconsin. lol

Sorry its late Im hyper and kind of bored. lol Online shopping isnt as fun as being out in the freezing cold