Wal-mart BF stories good & bad - merged

stargazertechie

I was there last year for the 1.88 movies. I got there at midnight, sat in the middle of the aisle where the movies were to be. Around 3AM t here were about 50 of us when they rolled the display in. 4:50 AM some fat woman comes waddling through, pushes us out of the way and starts tearing the plastic off. Of course, I freak out on her, telling her to knock it off and get in line. She got angry... and violent, and I ended up getting elbowed in the face by her.

That was great

Last year I got in line around 415 to get the digital camera bundle. I was only like 12th in line and they had alot of them. It was also the line for several other things too. Then at like 5 mins till they were gonna hand them out some people went down another isle and started another line. Needless to say there were some angry people yelling and screaming at each other and a manager was called in and even after an accociate told her that we were the correct line she still let both lines shop (at the two registers) I was gonna be really mad if I didn't get the camera, but I ended up getting the last one. I told them they sucked, and I complained to corporate the next day, but I never heard anything else on it. I hope I don't have that problem this year or I will show my butt :D and my husband will have to drag the kids out of bed and get me out of jail :eyepoppin:angel1::fryingpan:2banned2:

walmart horror stories huh............ most of you will get a kick out of this........... the last year i worked at walmart bf.................. the store manager showed up to the store thanksgiving morning to check the progress of the over night stockers to make sure everything was in place for friday morning before he let them all go home........................ The trailers of tvs for bf had be stolen from behind the store.............. someone came with a rig, hooked up to the trailers and drove away with them............ he spent the whole day calling other stores in the district and region and we ended up with more tvs sent to us then we had to begin with.

One year we were at a WM in Texas. It was a small store and not 24 hours. We got there about an 1 1/2 before they opened and there was a huge line. A few minutes before the doors opened a fight broke out between 2 women. There was blood and the cops were called. It was pretty nasty. Sometimes this stuff is better than watching Jerry Springer...

A certain woman was beat up by other shoppers for buying up 10 laptops at the 103rd street location of Jacksonville. Why the store would allow her to purchase so many is beyond me. They followed her out to her car. The strange thing was that the laptops were not stolen. They took their anger out upon the woman who ruined their shopping experience, or should it have been the store employee? What is your opinion? I personally do not condone any violence, and am sickened by this.

I will never shop Walmart on BF again. This was my first year going there. I normally go to TRU and Fred Meyers. My best friend and I went to Walmart and got in line at 3am. We were about 50th in line. Stood there in the cold and wind...it was fun.. When it was getting closer to 5, their was this mob starting to form at the front of the line..to the side..you all know what im talking about..this girl in front of me started yelling at them that the line was WAYYYYYYYYYY back there. The manage earlier TOLD us that there was going to be security and workers out front..there was every year. Well except this year...as soon as the doors opened, BAM all those people rushed in and people started yelling and screaming..some lady shoved me so hard. That was the very first time Ive ever been pushed. When I left, I complained to the manager and he said they had pulled the tapes and their security was looking at them as we speak, he also told me to come in later in the week and he would give me a gift card .

And they didnt have any good deals either!

Wow I guess I am GLAD I live in a small town!!! I've never seen or heard of anything like that although my DH beat on older lady to the Electronic's DEPT for the Rockband last week...I was laughing at him! Then when she saw DH got the LAST PS3 one (they got 2!) she got the XBOX 360 one instead. He felt bad thinking she was some grandma that didn't know the difference. BUT I think she was buying for resale!! LOL I'm steal accusing him of being mean and out racing an old lady ;)

A certain woman was beat up by other shoppers for buying up 10 laptops at the 103rd street location of Jacksonville. Why the store would allow her to purchase so many is beyond me. They followed her out to her car. The strange thing was that the laptops were not stolen. They took their anger out upon the woman who ruined their shopping experience, or should it have been the store employee? What is your opinion? I personally do not condone any violence, and am sickened by this.

It is sick, if there wasnt a limit then they werent there early enough. Instead of blaming themselves they would rather blame someone else. I sure hope it was caught on video and they get prosecuted.

My best friend and I got to walmart about 330am, took our position by the rope (superwalmart, wait inside :D) Between the 2 of us we needed a bratz fashion doll (hers, i don't buy those ugly things) 2 littlest pet shops and a dvd player.

Anyway, we were directly in the middle of those items. When the rope dropped, she ran to the bratz, I grabbed an LPS for each of us and then the dvd player. We went straight to the checkout. The time on our reciept said 5:03am so we grabbed our good and paid in 3 MINUTES!!!! It was great. Our walmart is always the most organized and easiest store to manuever on BF...Other days, not so sure!

I also had a GREAT BF at walmart this year!!!! Bugy gridlock in electronic so i took everything out and headed for the front pushing the rocker chair box on the floor trying to get to the register, an employee saw me struggeling she picked up the box help me to the register, put all my items in a buggy then even loaded my car for me.:yup: was out of there by 5:10 am. What great service!

I go to the local WM and they are the best. If you live near a smaller WM I would suggest going there. Friendlier people, nicer workers too.

This year I was in the GPS line I was around the 10th one in line and I asked one of the people behind me to hold my spot and I went and got several people the fliers and the maps for the deals. When I came back one of the line holders told me that there were two boys up near the front of the line. Basically they were starting another line. When the manager came up there to price check the Kitchenaide for me (they didn't know it was on sale) Got the sale price right and then I mentioned to him about the other line forming. Oh forgot to tell you that the line holders told me they informed an associate about the other line forming and she told them that it was okay and it would be a free for all.

Well that didn't sit well with us. I talked with the manager about all of this and he called two associates right then and within a couple of minutes there was a cop up there too. The cop stood there with his arms folded across his chest. Too funny. The boys left and the line holders were giving me high fives for standing up to them.

Hey, that's what it's all about.

After I got home around 7am and told my husband about the GPS he mentioned that he would like one. So back up to WM i went. They still had over 30 left. So I checked out the near empty store and when I was back in electronics I saw a guy looking at the case where the GPS used to be. I asked him if he was looking for the ones on sale and told him they were up front near the registers. He took off.

I love my WM. Sorry for the long post, but had to share.

my walmart clearenced out all the unsold bf items on Sat. doorbusters were selling for pennies on the dollar. made out graet on an unplanned stop!!!!

I've noticed that too. They had a huge display of turtlenecks for $3.50 that were $7 for BF. I have seen several toys marked down also. I remember last year I bought a toy for $5 that was a $10 BF special on Saturday. I would definitely check it out and see if you can get a price adjustment if it is something you bought.

Normally WM is my first stop. This year I was NOT planning on going b/c of all the legal fuss over the ad.

I caved and went - but only got there as they were cutting the black plastic wrap off the pallets. Needless to say, I didn't get the XBox 360 (w/ gift card) that I had wanted. Oh well, I just ordered it off of Amazon when I got home). I did end up getting everything else, and actually did more shopping than I anticipated.

My store is a super WM - and it was just recently remodeled, so the electronics section is now in the back. It was a cluster trying to get down the aisle in the back of the store since there were SOOOO many people lined up to get (what ever they were there for - I didn't even bother).

They had plenty of other stuff (toys and what-not) -- but it was weird that they didn't have all the doorbuster toys near the toy dept. They had a pallet (smallish) of the Cabbage Patch dolls - in the dairy section ?!?! I am glad I went looking - or I'd have never found them.

I ended up checking out (and yes, all lanes were open) at 5:45 and made it to Staples right as they opened.

My Walmart was great! Got there at 4:30 and scoped out where my smaller items (tool chest and shop vac) were located. Then headed over to find the camcorder. Well, it did take some time to find it because it was on the same pallet with some cameras and there were only eight of them. Luckily, no one else had found them yet. By the time they opened up the pallets, only six of us had figured out where they were and had no problem getting mine. I did, however, hear lots of people complaining to management that they didn't have any camcorders as advertised. I just kept my mouth shut :)

We got to Wal-mart late, (after 12 noon) and took our time shopping. We had no problems finding help and the employees actually went out of their way to help us track down a few items. We were outta there by 1:15pm. I know Wally-world didn't have a good rep going into BF, but the employees more than made up for it.

I got everything I went after at WM except the 388.00 laptop...no one knew about it, the employees kept saying "must be a real secret"! I did find the HP printer on the shelf so didn't have to wait for that one. We scoped it all out before 5, manned our stations, saw a fight over some TV's, price matched all the good movies and checked out in plenty of time to hit Target.