Best way to get multiple tickets?

hangtime_360

So I have looked over the add for BB and I have realized that there are multiple items that I want (go figure). The only problem is that I imagine that at least half of them require a ticket. I went last year and only wanted one thing so that wasn't a problem I went in found ticket bought left (grabbed some dvd's too, 2.99 who could resist).

My questions are...

If I want multiple items that require tickets how is the best way to get them?

I wasn't there early enough to see how the ticket handing out happened last year.

Do they stand in different areas with the tickets?

Am I going to have to run from one to the next trying to get what I want?

I am trying to get a couple members of my family to get up with me, but that looks like its not gonna happen :o

Any idea how I can effectively get multiple tickets? Got any strategies? I know get there early and that I plan on.

The last 3 years i've been at bestbuy went like this

1st year . Best buy came out at 6am and told us they don't open till 10am do to blue laws , we had people from other bestbuys come and fight into line to grab tickets .

2nd year , went to another bestbuy that does open early . There were 100 people on line by 8pm the night before , they handed out tickets starting at 4 am and opened at 5am. Basicly anyone in the front of the line could get whatever tickets they wanted as long as it wasn't duplicates.

3rd year , they handed out tickets at midnight and sent us all home because of the police . We came back and they sold everything to other people.

So its all a crap shoot

Our Best Buy had a fight when they opened between the inner and outer doors. Caught on camera. The policeman stood and watched. Started within the first 30 people through the door. Others just kept running past the two jerks.

The closer you are to the front of the line, the more ticket items you will have a shot at. Virtually everything has a limit, so you won't be able to break that limit, but you could probably get a ticket for every single ticketed item available if you are within the first 10 people or so.

I am trying to get a couple members of my family to get up with me, but that looks like its not gonna happen :o

Any idea how I can effectively get multiple tickets? Got any strategies? I know get there early and that I plan on.

I don't have any strategies and I have no idea how they hand out the tickets. This will be my 1st year going to BB as long as hubby and brother doesn't back out. LOL.

I don't think you would have to run from one person to another to get the tickets you want. They hand out tickets at our Staples here and he goes down the line and asks us what we want. He doesn't pass out duplicates.

Do you have any friends that you can talk into going with you since you can't talk any family members into it?

The last time I stood in line at BB, I got there around 1 am. It was a brand new BB and I don't think a lot of people realized it was open. My sister lived around the corner and said it was all clear at 11:30PM. So I got ready and drove out there and met her husband. we were 10 and 11 in line. We had a great(freezing) night. The manager came by around 2 am with donuts and coffee. A group of people, about 20 people back, brought a small grill and cooked out and stayed warm. The line got long around 4:00 am. They handed out tickets around 4:30. We could have whatever we wanted, just as long as it was one of each item. I was there for a camcorder and laptop and got both.

At our BB, they will start at the front of the line w/ a particular item ticket handing them out for those who want that item until all the tickets are gone. They only have as many tickets as they have items on hand in the store. There is only one ticket per customer.

If there is something you really want line up Turkey day early.

How do you multiples?? Bring your friends with you. Make friends in line.

Good luck

So I have looked over the add for BB and I have realized that there are multiple items that I want (go figure). The only problem is that I imagine that at least half of them require a ticket. I went last year and only wanted one thing so that wasn't a problem I went in found ticket bought left (grabbed some dvd's too, 2.99 who could resist).

My questions are...

I wasn't there early enough to see how the ticket handing out happened last year.

you would have to stand in line pretty early. most people will be in line sometime thanksgiving day and camp out. others will start arriving around 1or2 in the morning. if you want more than just one of the specials all i can say is you want to be there extra early depending on what it is. i was in line last year at a bb and got what i wanted. they passed out tickets(printed on paper with numbers on them)that made sure you got that item. you could get many different items that way some people got 4 or 5 tickets for different items but if you need more than 1 of the same item your best bet is to have someone go with you or go to a different store.

well thanks for the info no how they hand out tickets. I guess I'll be there early early. I want a bunch of stuff. Now figuring out how to pay for it will be another thing.

for paying for items you can always try and get a bb credit card or reward zone mastercard from bb. you can always apply for those that day or go in before that time to get them.

It's advertising handing out tickets starting at 3am in the ad this year, so I think all BBs will have to hand hem out at the same time now. It also means I have to get in line that much earlier.

This is the 3rd or 4th year BB will be handing out the tickets at 3AM.

Last 2 Years at my Best Buy, the employees came out about 4:00am one at a time and went person to person with the tickets until they didn't have anymore..last year I got a camera ticket for the person behind me that needed 2 and I just gave it to her. It went really well but the wait at Best Buy is what kills ya...mine had people in line Weds Night...ugh

Our BB handed the tickets out at 4am, one guy, the manager, had a big plastic file tote on a cart and all the tickets were in there. you told him what you wanted and if there were tickets left he pulled them out for you. went down the line that way till there were no tickets.

They came out at about 3-330 and told us how it was going to work, so we were pretty excited by then. Guess they plan on getting the crowd going earlier this year.

I dragged my DH and my BiL with me so we could get laptops for our 3 oldest kids. Completely worth their bellyaching in my book. $279x3<=2grumpy men.

Our Best Buy had a fight when they opened between the inner and outer doors. Caught on camera. The policeman stood and watched. Started within the first 30 people through the door. Others just kept running past the two jerks.

That's too bad....I have been at my local best buy in Utah the last 3 years and their hasn't really been a problem (with the customers anyways). Last year though it was kind of entertaining. Best Buy had their parking lot and front entrance sweeper come while everyone was in line. The guy driving was a jerk. Not only did he hit someones dutch oven (cookin food for everyone) but when the guy went to confront him, the guy opened the door and hit him in the head. Police came etc. etc. etc. etc. I felt bad for the guy but still it was kinda entertainment.

My questions are...

I believe the question is how do you get multiple items as in getting tickets for more than one DIFFERENT ITEMS (i.e. - I got one ticket for a 40" HDTV AND one ticket for a xbox 360 AND one ticket for a digital camera, etc.)

People all ready said this, but I want to be clear, because many ppl are answering the wrong question (how do you get more than one ticket for the SAME ITEM):

You can get one ticket per item per customer.

This means one person can get one ticket for EVERY ITEM (or as many as you like), but only one ticket per item type.

The policy is written clearly in their circular, it is not something that will change on a store by store basis. And that is what they did last year. Can you imagine how hard it would be to "prove" that someone all ready got a ticket for a doorbuster if you were only allowed one doorbuster per person???

The crappy thing is that some people will get a ticket for EVERY item and try to sell the tickets they don't want to people later in the line, or buy them all and eBay some of them.

I went there last year very early. It was my first year. If you want all the item that you want or multiple tickets. You have to go early and get there with your family. Maybe you can talk to a person who is in the line early to get your ticket and give them some cash. Last year, they sold the ticket.

My best buy was good thought. After they hand out the ticket. they block front entrance. So, the person who wait in the line could get in first. My best buy also provided portable toilet.

Bestbuy here sends an employee down the line with vouchers in a folder. They hold it closed so you cannot see what they are. They ask you "What do you want?", then "Do you want anything else?". They will give you all the vouchers you want, 1 voucher per item until they run out. But they will absolutely will NOT tell you what the vouchers are. You MUST tell them what you want, as in "I want the 46" Sharp Aquos for 1299" etc. Several people in front of me got performance anxiety and forgot what they wanted. They would ask "what do you have in there, can I see?". "Absolutely not! If you don't know what you want, I have to move to the next person."... "but I wanted that plasma, I forgot the price!" ... "Sorry can't help you, I have to move on." So be sure to bring a list or the sales ad and be ready to list off all the items you want...

The bestbuy I was at last year, (hartsdale, Ny), did it like this.

At around 4am they said they were going to start handing out tickets and for everyone

to start putting stuff away and make a 1 line file against the wall. They would then

go to each person and tell you the item and if you wanted it. There was about 1 or 2 employee's per item category. (all tv, laptops, ect ect) It was possible to get 1 of each item

if someone wanted to. There was people about 50 places back that got some door buster

items. The laptops and the 32in Westy went pertty fast. I'd say after the 20th person

they were all gone.

Also,

each ticket had a number. 1-2-3-4-5...as each box for door busters had a number.

They was 15 laptops..15 tickets were handed out. You were able to get the items up intill 12pm. So it was possible

to get a ticket, go home and sleep and just make sure you were there before 12pm for the item. I wouldn't suggest

that as they handed out 15 tickets, and I went to pay for my tv first. The person who had ticket #11 didn't

get their laptop cause someone must of sold it. You gotta make sure you get the items ASAP so you don't get

****ed over.

i only want some dvds, is there really any need to get in line? I'm not buying a TV or a laptop or anything like that

DVDs will go fast too, but you probably don't need to get there hours before it opens and line up. I would probably go pretty early though around the store opening (5 a.m.) or at least before 7 a.m., if there are specific DVDs you want to get. By noon, all of the popular DVDs will be gone, I guarantee. Last year I went back to Best Buy around noon and most of the DVDs were gone. And because this year, there aren't many really great high-end, big ticket item deals, you can be sure that a lot of people who are going to BF this year will be getting a lot of "small" things like DVDs.

You have to follow limits liek one per person, and it starts from the first person in line until the ticket for the item is gone so the first person can get a ticket for every item if they want i.e. one of each. Expect to be stopped at registers if you have two of a doorbuster that is limited to one because you made a deal with someone inline to get you the extra ticket. Also the smarter Best Buy stores number tickets and products so no one can copy a ticket if you have ticket 4 for a camera, you get the camera numbered 4.