Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player price drops to $99.99 at BestBuy!

Scott

It seems that BestBuy has dropped their price on the Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player to only $99.99. I suspect that it is in response to Wal-Mart's big sale tomorrow.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8021767&productCategoryId=abcat0102004&type=product&cmp=++&lid=abn_sku_4_DVD+Players+%26+Recorders_SKU_8021767_TXT&id=1158323325814

They are sold out online, but maybe you will be lucky and get one in stock near you.

Thank you so much for posting this!!! None of the locations where I live have it in-stock for instore pickup, but the one that's about 2 hours away does, and it just so happens that my best friend lives in that city! So I will be ordering one right now! Thanks!!!!

I ordered one from Bestbuy.com, they didn't have any in stock near here but my best friend lives about 2 hours away and the did show it as being in stock at her location. So I ordered it for in-store pickup. DH has to work this Saturday and so it gives me a perfect reason to go down and visit her :) I'm SO happy that I got this, DH has been bugging for it and I was gonna go to the Sears BF sale to get it at $169, now I can go to TRU first instead on BF! Yay!

I also searched Circuit City for the player and they did not have it at any location anywhere near me, just online.

I guess I am lucky...esp since I was about to call in sick tomorrow morning just so I could go to the Walmart sale to hopefully get one....guess I don't need to come up with an excuse now!

Just keep in mind these are some of the older generation players.....the price is dropping because new ones are coming out this holiday season.

Also remember that the HD / BluRay war is far from over. If HD loses you will still have a decent upconverting DVD player, if it wins you're home free.

The dvd player is now gone from the Best Buy website. I called their number they have for help with the website. The guy I talked to said they wont be putting it back on the site because theyve discontinued it. Sears has it for a price you can only see if you add it to your cart but its out of stock until next Thursday. The A2 is sounding like its going to be one of those hard to get items this christmas.

Then we'll just wait for the discounts on the newer A3 model like the Sears $169 BF deal. :)

Yep I was hoping to get one sooner so I could concentrate on getting a new HDTV on BF (rather than having to be first at Sears) but it looks like that wont be the case. Oh welll at least Sears opens an hour before Target and im assuming Office Depot. Still holding out hope that after mom drops me off at work at 8 tommorow that she will be able to get to walmart before they sell out (provided their shipment comes in tonight).