>>> Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Can anybody figure out what is included in $657 price for the Canon Rebel 10.1 DSLR package/kit listed on Amazon. There is really no "What's included" area...I am seeing at Best Buy $699 for just the camera. Are there other online folks offering similar packages?

Just wondering if anybody went to Amazon and saw this. Is these good deals?

I need some help guys.

I need a digital camera (thinking a powershot) and a video camera.

I'd like to stay under $400 for both. So $200 and $200 or however just under $400.

Any ideas?

ETA: I have a rebel so I'm looking for a cute little P&S that takes video (and sound, my old one didn't do sound)

And we have an OLD video but need a new decent one.

I need some help guys.

I need a digital camera (thinking a powershot) and a video camera.

I'd like to stay under $400 for both. So $200 and $200 or however just under $400.

Any ideas?

ETA: I have a rebel so I'm looking for a cute little P&S that takes video (and sound, my old one didn't do sound)

And we have an OLD video but need a new decent one.

Canon SD1000 would probably be just right for your P&S.

http://www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com/catalog/46/6327/?zmam=1962870&zmas=1&zmac=5&zmap=6327 <-- Cheapest i've been able to find it after tax and shipping from other stores and whatnot here lately. If you're willing to deal with Mail-In Rebates, Office Depot I believe will have it for $150 after $50 mail-in rebate.

thaankk u sooo much!!!:) im willing to spent no more than $300 and i wanna use it basically for indoors family reunions, concerts and taking pictures of the city in night time:yup:

Since you said you wanted to use it for concerts, I'm going to say that the Canon SX100IS would be a great choice! It's $258 at Amazon.com right now, and it as a Self-timer that can be set for 2 sec, 10 sec, or custom. It's also got a nice long 10x optical zoom, which will be great for concerts and outdoor shots.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX100IS-Digital-Stabilized/dp/tech-data/B000V1VG4W/ref=de_a_smtd?ie=UTF8&qid=1195698804&sr=1-15

I am very much considering getting a Canon S5IS for myself for Christmas. ;-) CC has it for $343 with no interest until 2009 if we want to pay it out. Do you think I will find it anywhere for less?? There is also a deal for a free printer with rebates but I have two already so not interested in that. I know some online sites offer it for less but I'm learly of those sites. Any thoughts?

I have been waiting all night for this...Ritz Camera just put up this deal:

Canon Rebel XTi SLR Digital Camera w/EF-S 18-55mm II Lens, Black

Free 70-300 Zoom Lens $150 Value - Instantly - Four-Day Only Thanksgiving Sale!

On top of that: PIXMA Mini260 Photo Printer for free after rebate.

I am not too sure about the printer, but sounds like a good deal for our family!

Just thought I would pass this on. Happy shopping everyone!

anyone have this lense? Quantaray 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 AF DI Zoom Lens (QUANTARAY 70-300DI F/4-5.6 F/CANON E) And will it fit the XTI?

I wanted to get a bigger zoom at first, but not spend

a bunch of money right yet.. so this is only $149 on BF at ritz.

Feedback appreciated...TIA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have another question, more like opinion..

Which is the better deal?

Ritz XTI camera + 2 lenses for $699 (free printer after rebate)

or Staples XTI with one lense, Kit (including bag, battery and UV filter), and Printer $649.99 AR.

Whew! I just finished reading all the posts in this thread, and I'm SO glad I discovered it! Thanks to everyone for the helpful info, links and opinions.

All the discussion has been great, but I'm still stumped as to which is the best camera for the money from the deals below (BF and currently on Amazon):

Best Buy: Kodak C613 EasyShare 6MP & 5.6" Picture Frame $99.99

Circuit City: Fujifilm FinePix A900 9.0MP $129.99

Circuit City: Kodak EasyShare C633 6.2MP & Printer Dock $129.99

Circuit City: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S700 7.2 MP $99.99

CompUSA: Fujifilm F480 8.2MP $139.99

CompUSA: Fujifilm Z10 7MP $149.99

CompUSA: HP Photosmart R742 7MP $129.99

CompUSA: Nikon L14 6MP (Blue or Pink) $129.99

Sears: Canon Powershot 7.1MP (model?) with 4x Optical Zoom $139.99

And available at Amazon:

Canon PowerShot A560 7.1MP 4x Optical Zoom $129.19

Canon PowerShot A570IS 7.1MP 4x Optical Zoom $154.74

Our "family camera" that we've had for a few years, a 4 MP Kodak EasyShare, just bit the dust, and our budget is pretty tight, so I'm looking for a good all-around camera that's easy enough for my 11yo. to use; and that takes good pictures both indoors and outside without too much shutter lag. Our biggest frustrations to date have been poor/blurry pictures in lower lighting conditions and the lag between when you push the button and the camera actually takes the picture.

I'd be incredibly grateful for any guidance or advice on the list above. Despite its flaws, our old camera has given us a lot of enjoyment over the years, and we're looking forward to a new one.

Thanks! :)

Bob

New Hampshire

I wondered if there were thoughts on this list from Bob? I'm in the market for something similar, and trying to figure out where the best bang for my limited bucks will be! ;)

The Canon SD1000 today at CC online is another option...I am worried that it doesn't have enough optical zoom for my taste however. I am looking to replace Minolta DiMage Z1 that's only 3.2MP but has that 10x optical zoom. Would really like at least 7MP. My price range is maxed out at $150-$200 tops. And this is my holiday gift! LOL

Guidance?

anyone have this lense? Quantaray 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 AF DI Zoom Lens (QUANTARAY 70-300DI F/4-5.6 F/CANON E) And will it fit the XTI?

I wanted to get a bigger zoom at first, but not spend

a bunch of money right yet.. so this is only $149 on BF at ritz.

Feedback appreciated...TIA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have another question, more like opinion..

Which is the better deal?

Ritz XTI camera + 2 lenses for $699 (free printer after rebate)

or Staples XTI with one lense, Kit (including bag, battery and UV filter), and Printer $649.99 AR.

Quantaray lenses are usually pretty cheaply constructed and the optics aren't that great. For $149 though, you can take a chance that you'll get a good copy and not be out too much $$. It's a good beginner telephoto.

As long as it's an EF or EF-S mount, you can use it on an XTi.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, as I've only read the first and last pages of this thread - but on a P&S camera, even the "pro-sumer" kinds with big zoom - anything above 5-6 MP is wasted.

When you start packing more pixels than that onto a CCD sized sensor, you degrade image quality.

Hey all...if anybody is interested in grabbing the Canon A720IS, check out the Office Depot site right now. It's listed for $229, but there is a $50 mail in rebate, making the price only $179. PLUS there is free shipping! I wanted to get the Canon SD850IS, but I couldn't pass up the $70 savings between the two. I think they're running some sort of free printer deal with the camera (with rebates), though I passed on that one.

I knew I came here for a reason. Since I let DH pick out his MP3 player, I get to pick out my digital camera. I knew I didn't want another Kodak!

Now he doesn't have to fight the traffic and crowds since we're ordering the Canon A560 from Amazon.com

Thanks for the recommendations and happy shopping!

Wendy

I wondered if there were thoughts on this list from Bob? I'm in the market for something similar, and trying to figure out where the best bang for my limited bucks will be! ;)

The Canon SD1000 today at CC online is another option...I am worried that it doesn't have enough optical zoom for my taste however. I am looking to replace Minolta DiMage Z1 that's only 3.2MP but has that 10x optical zoom. Would really like at least 7MP. My price range is maxed out at $150-$200 tops. And this is my holiday gift! LOL

Guidance?

I have the FujuFilm S5000 with 10X optical zoom and 3.1mp and have no problem printing 8 x 10 and even 11 x 14 from the shots. Now, we are looking for a digital for our son - who wants something to stick in his pocket - yet I'm afraid that 3X is simply not going to make it.

7MP Polaroid at Walgreens for $69 after rebate vs. 8 MP Kodak at Target for $89. Which is better? Is the Kodak worth the extra $20? for the kodak, is the MD853 the same as M853? THANKS FOR ALL HELP!

I got the M853 - the demo inside it looks great, but I just started to take some shots and its very grainy. If I use the 1250 ISO in dark areas then it the picture is better. Also if the sun light hits the lens then you get purple effect. I might just take this back to Target for Panasonic model?

i'm ordering memory cards for my canon sx100is. Is this camera really new? Its not on sandisk's site or pny. :confused:

sure hope its compatible- i ordered 2 of the 2gb on sale this weekend for $7 after rebate at circuit city

Since you said you wanted to use it for concerts, I'm going to say that the Canon SX100IS would be a great choice! It's $258 at Amazon.com right now, and it as a Self-timer that can be set for 2 sec, 10 sec, or custom. It's also got a nice long 10x optical zoom, which will be great for concerts and outdoor shots.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-SX100IS-Digital-Stabilized/dp/tech-data/B000V1VG4W/ref=de_a_smtd?ie=UTF8&qid=1195698804&sr=1-15

currently comes out to about the same at circuit city with teh 10% cyber monday coupon.

Any info on this camera Polaroid i531? I can't find any reviews for it. Sears has a good deal on it.

it's a good deal for what it is - a cheap basic camera. you won't get any great pictures from it, but if you just want a barebones camera, that's what it is. same goes for any kodak camera out there. don't count on it lasting forever.

however, if you have a little more to spend, and it's recommended, look at a canon a560. it may be more, but the picture quality is roughly... a million times better. it's been discussed in depth in this thread.

i have an old canon s500, and it still ticks along great to this day. i think i've had it for over 2 years now, close to 3, yeesh. even though it only has a tiny 1" screen, it still takes great pictures.