>>> Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I've been looking for the Canon SD1000 deals and couldn't believe that BF failed me for the most part. The cheapest i've found it though is Abe's of Maine for $169. Amazon is $171 with the shutterfly calendar freebie.

Keep an eye out, because it's dropping in price. Gateway had it for $153 shipped a little over a week back.

If you are good at finding and posting deals, you could try to win one! GottaDeal is running a contest for an SD1000 or a Wii. Read about it here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=86202

Scarface - There are some great cameras in the price range. You definitely getter better glass, zoom range, and Image Stabilization if you are willing to spend in the $200 - $300 range.

Some that I would recommend that you take a look at are:

Canon A720IS

Canon SX100IS

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8K

Question on battery chargers for digital cameras - is this a good one?

http://www.buy.com/prod/digital-concepts-ch-3988-nimh-rapid-charger-with-4-aa-4-aaa-nimh/q/loc/111/204392312.html

I am looking at the Kodak c613 for my daughter and she will need a good charger. If this is a good charger I am looking at $100.98 for both from buy.com when using google checkout.

Scarface - There are some great cameras in the price range. You definitely getter better glass, zoom range, and Image Stabilization if you are willing to spend in the $200 - $300 range.

Some that I would recommend that you take a look at are:

Canon A720IS

Canon SX100IS

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8K

I'm looking at them 3, they all have good reviews but now im stumped to which one. :confused:

I know my canon had an issue when i would take a pic, it would take forever to show up on the lcd or it would come out major blurry. I think it was going. Also, the shutters on the lens wouldn't open after a while so i had to tap them open. I'm wondering if i should try the panasonic. Never heard much about their cameras though. Amazon has the panasonic for 237.46 which is cheapest i see it.

That's actually a pretty odd issue for that Canon. Is it less than 1 year old? If so, it should still be under Canon's warranty.

As for the 3 there, I'd probably chose the SX100IS for myself, but it really depends on what you'll use it for. You can look at all 3 camera's specs in detail, here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_a720is%2Ccanon_sx100is%2Cpanasonic_dmcfz8&show=all

I haven't used a Panasonic, but I know that there are a couple of members here that swear by them. I believe Keebelf and outnumbered both have that model or a similar one.

The S3 IS is a very different camera from the other 2. How do you plan on using the camera and what features are important to you?

i want something a step up from a very basic point and shoot. i want something that i can teach myself manual functions with, but can function in auto for most situations. i've always had kodak, but haven't been happy with my latest ones, so wanted to check out canon. i take a lot of my dd, so the image stabilization is a big selling point for me. otherwise, i'm just looking at basic features- ease of point and shoot, battery life, picture quality. i'm almost afraid the s3 will be a bit over my head.

Hi. I am looking for a relatively small digital camera like the Cyber-Shot or Exilim.

I am stuck between these two cameras. They are 90 dollars each.

1. Kodak MD853

2. Cyber-Shot DSC-S700

I am using this camera mainly for taking pictures of friends and events.

if your choice is between a kodak and a sony, get the sony.

I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-W55 for my birthday and it's the best gift I've ever given myself. I was able to find one with the case and duo-stick reader. This camera is easy to use, the pictures are great, it's easy to download (using the reader) to your computer and I've even hooked the camera up to the TV to view the pictures on a big screen. I paid $189.99 at Circuit City back in June and that was well worth money. I'm thinking of getting one for my Mom but the cheapest I've seen it without accessories is $179.99.

You could always get a better deal on price grabber or Amazon, but you can not get the product protection like you can in a store like Comp or BB. That D40 is an awsome camera.

Amazon offers a great warranty on cameras, and you could always get a Mack warranty, which is better than anything that a big box store provides.