Where do you shop first on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

Last year was the first time I actually experienced Black Friday as a consumer, rather than an employee where I worked at a mall for 7 years. My wife and I went up to the Outlet Mall in Jackson, NJ where they had a midnight opening for over 75% of the entire mall. After a couple of hours, we headed home and unloaded the car. Around 3:00AM, I took my car to Best Buy and my wife went to the local shopping mall and waited in line at KB Toys.

Hopefully, the outlets will have the same sale again this year, as we got some really good deals at a few stores. The only thing is that we felt like the oldest ones there, since there were many high school students roaming around.

I've done WalMart, Sears, and Elder Beerman first. I won't do WM or Sears first again--WM is too chaotic, and Sears was too disorganized and slow and ate up too much time in line.

My ritual is more about my 2nd and 3rd stop, which have traditionally been Staples and Walgreens in that order. Just has to do with location, opening time, and the items I've wanted. I've had good luck with both of those stores every year.

Last year my sister and I started a new tradition. On Thanksgiving after mapping out everywhere we needed to go and for what, we left Thanksgiving night at midnight and went to Meier because they are open 24-7. They were getting their sale items out at midnight but you could not purchase them until 5am when they officially opened. So, at midnight we stopped at a gas station and got coffee and took a couple of NO DOSE and headed to Meier. We loaded our carts at midnight and checked out at 5am. We shopped from Thursday night at midnight until black friday at ten oclock that night!!! It was amazing and I am sure that we will do it again!!

We primarily electronics shop first and that means Best Buy first, again. Tried Circuit City a couple of years ago, but they were horribly disorganized and had to deal with those damned rebates to get the cheap prices.

Since BB ended their rebates almost entirely on their doorbusters a couple of years ago, we end up there now first.....hate rebates.....and this BB is so well organized and the staff there goes out of their way to make what could easily turn out be a rather unpleasant experience into one that you can at least tolerate brings me back to that store year after year.

When we finish at BB, we hit Sears......jewelry, clothes, etc.

Wal-Mart....an afterthought every year. We stop by one half way between our house and the BB we frequent (the BB is 2 hours from us), and every year this Wal-Mart still has almost all its doorbusters still in stock at 1-2PM.....well, everything but laptops and computers. Last year, LCDs and plasmas were a big craze, as they probably will be again this year. This Wal-Mart had pallets of all their doorbuster LCDs left at 2PM. Probably won't be any different this year, either.

For me, it's usually Circuit City or Target. However, my Black Friday shopping this year will be quite the challenge. My brother refuses to come home for Thanksgiving since South Carolina and Clemson have their game the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So we're going to all head down to our house there and have Thanksgiving. So instead of shopping near the house I'm going to make my way out to another area where everything sort of is together. lol

Last year my dad and I went to home depot first. Mainly because it is closest to the house and sicne there are so many around where we live in GA we knew it wouldn't be busy. Got there right at 6 and there were maybe 8 people there as they opened the door.

I might test BB this year but where it is and the amount of people around that area...crazy!

A couple years ago we hit HH Gregg first, so depending on who has what ti will be Home Depot or Hh Gregg...or BB/CC if there is just too good a deal to pass up.

I'll hit the outlet mall at midnight, then move down the road to the 24/7 Walmart to gather up all my items for pricematching. Depending on the time, I'll head over to BestBuy. I'll hit Target sometime that day since they don't really do "doorbusters" anymore and last year I got rainchecks on the items they didn't have. Then to Circuit City. It all depends on timing for me and if my Walmart will price match.