Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Did anyone notice that the batteries in the dollar spot area are not 75%? The sign states batteries are excluded...

Mine didn't have a sign up when I went on Wednesday afternoon. So I pointed it out and got them for the 50% off. But I'm willing to bet that they have noted it now.

Did anyone notice that the batteries in the dollar spot area are not 75%? The sign states batteries are excluded...

That's interesting... our signs didn't say anything about batteries excluded. It just says all green and orange dots. (The batteries have green dots.) That would explain why they aren't ringing up right! Although the cashiers don't even blink when I say they are 75% off. And they are ringing up full price of $1 too!

50% in Ohio-spoke to one of the workers- if not tomorrow then Sunday for 75% off.

I'd be very careful of listening to what the workers say. I have never had a worker tell me the correct date on any markdowns... mostly because I honestly don't think they know. I believe some get a little bit of a kick out of making customers THINK they know.

It could happen on Sunday. The stores I have been to have an awful lot of stuff and Target's 4th quarter wasn't great. Maybe they will mark down holiday a little earlier than usual, but like I said in another post. New Year's Eve is the earliest I've ever seen it go to 75%. Many stores aren't until Jan. 1.

I just mean if you are driving any distance, be careful of listening to the workers. They really don't have any more information than we do (I don't think anyway.)

It doesn't matter. I've bought holiday stuff at full price; found it on sale for 75% off; and returned the full priced item during the 75% off sale. They give me back what I paid. I don't buy too much holiday stuff until it gets to 75% off, so it's rare that I would buy something at 50% off and return it after it goes to 75%. But, it has happened... just not that often cause most of what I buy I just wait until 75% off.

Thats nice, I know there has been stuff that I buy before Christmas and don't use it, go to take it back and they only will give clearance price. I think if you bought it full price (unopened of course) you should get full price back. I don't even go in till its 75% off, so I am not tempted. Actually not really looking for anything this year but thats what I told myself last year and bought a bunch of cookie canisters in snowman theme for the winter months and set of dishes. I wouldn't mind finding some bakeware, everyday glasses in clearance but I have just learned to be pleasantly surprised at what I do find.

I usually wait until they are 75% off as well for the same reason... Usually I buy a bunch of new ornaments and stockings if they have cute ones... but I now have SO MANY decorations my boyfriend said I will have to throw some away if I but anymore, so i promised I would buy gifts sets for birthdays and I need more Holiday Cards which is always better to get at 75% off and store than to have to buy them full price next holiday season!!!

I will check the Target by me on Saturday and on Sunday. Hopefully they will have marked the holidays stuff at 75% off. I really want to stock up on tissue paper. I ran out this year and was soo irritated for not buying more last year and having to pay full price after I ran out. I'll have to check and see if Joann Fabrics has any too.

I also like to pick up the Large/XLarge gift bags for when we donate to the Angel Trees. That way I can put all of the gifts for each child in their bag and there is less of a chance for gifts to be miss placed.

If you call the target in the morning will they tell you if the christmas has been marked down?

They may; they may not know; or they may say "YA!"-- when it's really not. I have hit holiday clearance days (75% and 90%) when the signs weren't up yet and nobody was shopping the aisle at all. The only reason I knew it was marked down further is because I scanned it. So, I guess I always scan stuff if I know the holiday aisle is getting close to another drop in price.

Christmas is by far the wildest of the clearance though, so I would imagine that most in the store will know in the morning if it is down to 75%. Again, I personally would never count on what one of the Target associates tell me. I don't bother asking or calling anyone. I just hope that the day I THINK it's going down is in fact the right day! Sometimes I hit it; :cheesy: sometimes I'm too early; :( and sometimes I miss it :mad:

... Difficult for those who have to drive a bit, but I have lots of Targets around me, so I usually just head out when I know it's getting close.

My Target (Kentwood, MI) is still at 50% on Christmas clearance, but man do they have a LOT! It doesn't look like much has been bought at all.

They also have some nice markdowns on toys already. I am holding out a bit though, my son's birthday is January 11. I saw several toys already at 50% off even though the shelf signs say 30%

They may; they may not know; or they may say "YA!"-- when it's really not. I have hit holiday clearance days (75% and 90%) when the signs weren't up yet and nobody was shopping the aisle at all. The only reason I knew it was marked down further is because I scanned it. So, I guess I always scan stuff if I know the holiday aisle is getting close to another drop in price.

Christmas is by far the wildest of the clearance though, so I would imagine that most in the store will know in the morning if it is down to 75%. Again, I personally would never count on what one of the Target associates tell me. I don't bother asking or calling anyone. I just hope that the day I THINK it's going down is in fact the right day! Sometimes I hit it; :cheesy: sometimes I'm too early; :( and sometimes I miss it :mad:

... Difficult for those who have to drive a bit, but I have lots of Targets around me, so I usually just head out when I know it's getting close.

I know what you mean about hit or miss, the year before last Christmas, I went everyday thinking it was 75% until Dec 31st when it finally went down. So I marked it on my calendar, I ask some of the associates that I knew and they said it has been the 31st each year that Target has been in our area so last year, I only went on the 31st and sure enough, it had just changed over. I too have gone when it still says 50%, so I will scan something to double check and lots of time it has gone to 75%. Ours is usually pretty good about sign changing though Last year I missed the toy clearance, one day it was 30% and the next went to 75% without stopping at 50% LOL

My Target (Kentwood, MI) is still at 50% on Christmas clearance, but man do they have a LOT! It doesn't look like much has been bought at all.

They also have some nice markdowns on toys already. I am holding out a bit though, my son's birthday is January 11. I saw several toys already at 50% off even though the shelf signs say 30%

LOL my daughter's is the 10th of January, I will pick up some party favors in clearance. That is one thing I am always on the lookout for is party favors etc

I don't know what to expect with toys this year. If they didn't go to 50% this week, then it seems to me that there might just be another jump straight from 30-75%. Unless they decide to do marks next week? There are so many toys left at the stores I shop. I don't know that I've ever seen so many toys stacked up on the very top shelves (similar to right before Black Friday). I don't know why Target wouldn't want to try to do intermediate marks to 50%. I also saw a few things marked to 50%, but not many at all. Most stuff was 30%. WHO KNOWS?? One year there was a store near me that BOXED it all up and shipped it out after 50% (I don't know where "out" was). I was there when they were boxing it up and the girls that were boxing it couldn't believe it either. Hope THAT doesn't happen again.

I don't know what to expect with toys this year. If they didn't go to 50% this week, then it seems to me that there might just be another jump straight from 30-75%. Unless they decide to do marks next week? There are so many toys left at the stores I shop. I don't know that I've ever seen so many toys stacked up on the very top shelves (similar to right before Black Friday). I don't know why Target wouldn't want to try to do intermediate marks to 50%. I also saw a few things marked to 50%, but not many at all. Most stuff was 30%. WHO KNOWS?? One year there was a store near me that BOXED it all up and shipped it out after 50% (I don't know where "out" was). I was there when they were boxing it up and the girls that were boxing it couldn't believe it either. Hope THAT doesn't happen again.

Well, around here it is slim pickins. One of our stores has already started re-setting for the January toys, so you know they don't have much left. I imagine it will vary somewhat where there are cases like yours.

I'd be very careful of listening to what the workers say. I have never had a worker tell me the correct date on any markdowns... mostly because I honestly don't think they know. I believe some get a little bit of a kick out of making customers THINK they know.

It could happen on Sunday. The stores I have been to have an awful lot of stuff and Target's 4th quarter wasn't great. Maybe they will mark down holiday a little earlier than usual, but like I said in another post. New Year's Eve is the earliest I've ever seen it go to 75%. Many stores aren't until Jan. 1.

I just mean if you are driving any distance, be careful of listening to the workers. They really don't have any more information than we do (I don't think anyway.)

Most of the workers don't know but each store has workers that do nothing but the markdowns. In my store I know 2 of the markdown ladies and they know me & my daughter by name (just from shopping there for the past 3 years) and they always have told me correctly-that's how I got $2000 worth of toys for $500 last year!

If you call the target in the morning will they tell you if the christmas has been marked down?

Good evening. I have been calling every morning to find out what the discount percent is. They have been really nice on the phone about it.

I just looked up the numbers on the Target website.

Also has anyone seen the games on clearance - Connect 4, Trouble, and Battleship? They are in plastic containers for easy travel. They are very durable. I bought the connect 4 but am thinking about going back to get the other ones.

I scored on the Limited edition Holiday 3-packs of Softsoap today. I went in with my daughter and she begged me to go look at the toys... Anyway, behind a stack of toys were 4 packs of these soaps! they are 3 packs and larger soap (dispensers). Rang up $2.50, but I had 2 $1 off softsoap coupons. So got 4 of these for a grand total of $8

oh dear, I said my daughter didn't need it....hmmm...I just might cave in

They are very cute, I got them for both my DDs (3 and 5), but they definitely aren't their favorite thing to play with. My DD3 is the princess and dress-up queen, and she pretty much just sits in it to watch TV once in a while. I bought mine from Amazon and I know I would have scored more points if I'd had the dress-up dress too. :)

same here (west hollywood, CA target.) i went today because i don't know when i'll be back at target (it is no longer convenient for me to go before work) so i picked up boxes at 50% off, which i didn't really mind.

not as many trees left though, so if you wanted to get a fake tree for next year, you should head out soon!

I scored a fur real butterscotch pony for $69.42 !!!!!!!:shock::D My niece will be thrilled

what???? O my :eyepoppin I can't I can't I promised I was done buying stuff I don't really need!!! But I haven't seen those at my store the last couple times I went I think that would be better!!!

Good evening. I have been calling every morning to find out what the discount percent is. They have been really nice on the phone about it.

I just looked up the numbers on the Target website.

Also has anyone seen the games on clearance - Connect 4, Trouble, and Battleship? They are in plastic containers for easy travel. They are very durable. I bought the connect 4 but am thinking about going back to get the other ones.

yes, most are gone at our stores.

Calling is all well and good, but they don't know a lot of the time. The holiday markdowns are not done by the markdown team. They are done at Corporate through the computer. Last year it happened while I was in a store. I had scanned an item when I picked it up. It was 50%. I was walking around and couldn't remember exactly how much it was, so I scanned again,and it was 75% off. This happened within 10 minutes. I left that store (around 11 am) and went to another store, but it hadn't come through yet, and it was about 30 minutes before it happened there. I had to tell them employees when it happened. They were unaware.

... I had scanned an item when I picked it up. It was 50%. I was walking around and couldn't remember exactly how much it was, so I scanned again,and it was 75% off. This happened within 10 minutes. I left that store (around 11 am) and went to another store, but it hadn't come through yet, and it was about 30 minutes before it happened there. I had to tell them employees when it happened. They were unaware.

That is really interesting. I have never been through a holiday markdown that wasn't done first thing in the morning when I got there. I always just figured they programed everything in the system during the overnight hours. It might drive me crazy if they did it randomly throughout the day. At least when I go in first thing and it's not done, I always know (around here anyway) that it isn't going to be done THAT day.