Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Do those comfortor bed in bags ever go to 50 or 75% off. I keep eyeing them, and only see up to 30% mark downs. Sheets I've seen go lower, but the bed in bag comfortors are specifically what I'm wandering about. Don't know if I should buy now or try to wait.

Thanks for any input.

Do those comfortor bed in bags ever go to 50 or 75% off. I keep eyeing them, and only see up to 30% mark downs. Sheets I've seen go lower, but the bed in bag comfortors are specifically what I'm wandering about. Don't know if I should buy now or try to wait.

Thanks for any input.

Everything will eventually go down to at least 50% off and almost everything will go down to 75% off. That is as long as the item didn't sell out at a smaller markdown. Eventually the items that are left will go to "salvage" and are supposed to be pulled off the sales floor and sent off to a liquidator or donated to a charity. Salvage items that don't get pulled will scan as "item not found" on the price checkers and when you get to the register it will ask the cashier to enter a price. Usually you can get the item for 75% off or even cheaper than that.

our dollar spot was half empty BEFORE any sort of clearance started. pretty much only the $2.50 stuff and a few coupon holders. the rest was pretty much just odds n ends. one whole section has been empty for WEEKS. anyone else having this problem??

Watertown Ny was completely empty. Very Strange.

Wow these Target threads just do not die...they keep going and going!!! One of these days I am going to have to drag myself back into a Target, but I keep remembering the days of "preppy punk" styling and I almost gag. :D

See ya at walmart for at least a few more days!!!

That's because Target has predictable clearances, and great clearances at that, something the overly-bright, migraine inducing Walmart doesn't have.

Anyone know if the outdoor stuff has hit 50% yet? I want one of the Suncoast bench/storage things.

our dollar spot was half empty BEFORE any sort of clearance started. pretty much only the $2.50 stuff and a few coupon holders. the rest was pretty much just odds n ends. one whole section has been empty for WEEKS. anyone else having this problem??

Yep. One of the Targets that I go to had only about 10 bins of stuff on Saturday. The rest of the bins were empty.

That's because Target has predictable clearances, and great clearances at that, something the overly-bright, migraine inducing Walmart doesn't have.

Anyone know if the outdoor stuff has hit 50% yet? I want one of the Suncoast bench/storage things.

LOL @ migraine inducing, that is it exactly!

It is still 30% off at my store.

I saw the Bench storage thing at a Target about 20 min. away at 50% off 2 weeks ago. There were only 2 left. The closest Target to me has already sold out of them but I never found them there for more than 30%.

Yours are overly bright? Ours are vile, filthy and fairly dim. Truly unpleasant places to shop. They are such a mess and the staff don't seem to give a rat's backside about customer service. And I get so annoyed over their lack of clearance markdowns. They have an entire aisle in toys that has been the "clearance aisle" for 2 weeks, and the prices are actually regular retail or, at best 10% off. Little wonder they aren't selling. I don't go there that often usually but have been working in the area for about a month or so, so I have been there more frequently.

Anyway, I scored a great deal at Target today. I got the Power Rangers Mega Mission Helmet for $4.96. One was ringing up Item Not Found, but another had a red & white stripe tag for $4.96! These things are usually about $50!!! Brand New. Not a return. And a new item, not an old clearance piece. Nice!

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-3619735dt.jpg

My Target had alot of dollar spot on Saturday I got my daughter some Bratz socks for .50 each there. Went to 2 stores one had the nascar stuff for 30% and the other had it for 50%. Got some great Nascar gifts for less than $10 for all 3 lol they will never know on Christmas morning when they get it. My husband has even gotten the Target clearance bug lol hes as bad as I am i think

Target in Bergen County has to be r-e-a-d-y to go 75% off on school supplies any day now. All supplies were tossed on back shelves. They had a lot of pens, pencils, Dymo labelers and folders. No more looseleaf or spiral books. Target in Hudson County last year had 4 aisles of supplies at this time 75% off.

Thanks to you guys I've scored the

300 fl oz Tide 12.58 *2 plus $5.00 gift card

the Eddie Bauer Mammoth Tent $48.88 reg. 199.99 http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1189473692/ref=sr_1_4/601-9810828-0397711?ie=UTF8&asin=B00079RN54

Skatershoes for DD $4.48

and a couple of 50% dollarspot items.......

Thanks for all the hard work everyone is putting into this thread.

Silke

BTW...WE had TONS of school supplies still at 30%

Thanks to you guys I've scored the

300 fl oz Tide 12.58 *2 plus $5.00 gift card

the Eddie Bauer Mammoth Tent $48.88 reg. 199.99 http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-4/qid=1189473692/ref=sr_1_4/601-9810828-0397711?ie=UTF8&asin=B00079RN54

Skatershoes for DD $4.48

and a couple of 50% dollarspot items.......

Thanks for all the hard work everyone is putting into this thread.

Silke

BTW...WE had TONS of school supplies still at 30%

I am jealous over the tent.(you got a great deal on that) I was waiting for the 75% off but it is gone at 50%. I am hoping to score one of the Greatland tents though but they are still at 50%. School stuff here is still regular price but I did get quite a few stocking stuffers 50% off at the dollar spot.

I have been to 6 Targets in my area in the last week. Only one store, interestingly a brand new store, has school supplies on clearance. For those in the San Gabriel Valley, it is the Glendale store. I heard from the teacher that they cut their supplies budget this year, so I was looking everywhere. Wish I had known sooner. Not one of my regular stores has much of anything left at even at full price this year.

I walked into Glendale this morning, and there were dozens and dozens of those 10 packs of spiral notebooks for $1! So I got a ton to take to the school for our class. I was also able to get some markers and crayons, but nothing at more than 30% off.

I asked the gal who was boxing it up to make way for Halloween if they were donating it or clearancing it, she said it would be clearanced, but they had to make room for the Halloween stuff, so I guess we'll see what really happens.

Just returned from target... they were marking down kids craft kits to 75% like the sidewalk caulk kits,travel crafts;24 pk Sharpies) markers (were 7.99 now 1.99)and several other items. They are in the crafts part of the store not the toy dept. Also they had restocked some of the $1.00 spot. Some of the things had blue spots on them and they were ringing up 1.00 but the cashier said all 1.00 spot stuff is $.50 so he marked them down. The dorm stuff was 50%. Dora and Diego toddler sheet sheets and 4 pc toddler bed sets were 50% off and they are putting up Halloween stuff in 5 aisles. I cant believe its that time of year already... oh well.. just makes it closer to our fun BF!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have the sku for a Thermos outdoor grill that was on clearance? I believe at either 15 or 30% off it was $108. There was also an Aussie grill that (recently) was marked 50% down to $60. I would rather have the Thermos grill as it is larger... but I think it might be sold out... I'd like to check. Thanks!

You left out that WM is always a messsss, and over-crowded!

I went back today and the Suncoast bench was 22.00 and the garden place wood deck box was 27.00. I was so excited I got both. You can never have too much storage.By the way none of this was priced.They were all still priced at 30% but these were the 75% off prices!

I saw wooden dressers with a floral design - original price $69.99 now $34 or $39 something clearanced :eek: - AND it was solid looking didnt look cheap or flimsy at all! (I was in a hurry or I would have REALLY looked and made sure I remembered the price correctly.) I noticed Dollar Days was bare and picked over. I had the opportunity to select only a few items left, but it was all "junk". I spotted a bunch of employees stocking Halloween items/candy where school supplies was prior. I wish I had more time, I would have checked for clearance school supplies! I know a couple of you have reported them being clearanced. I only have a toddler that isnt in school right now, but I could use bulk pens, folders, staples, paperclips, etc. for my home office. I'll have to check it out Thurs! :yup: I was going to go down the "smell-goods" (scented plug-ins, etc.) aisle, but everyone was there with coupons trying to find the right items. Im guessing they were looking for the Wisp flameless candle on sale with the g/c offer? Anyhow - a question for those that buy and use Target-brand items - how are their tall kitchen trash bags, pretty durable? I hate spending a ton of money on trash bags!

Anyhow - a question for those that buy and use Target-brand items - how are their tall kitchen trash bags, pretty durable? I hate spending a ton of money on trash bags!

I don't use them for the kitchen because I don't think they're strong enough, but okay for smaller jobs.

I am still using the bags I bought for 90% off at Christmas. :cheesy: I bought a TON of bags and they had the smaller bath size attached. Think I paid $.49 or less per 2 boxes. Watch the holiday stuff for those deals to come around. I saw that there are a bunch of Glad products for Halloween I plan to get when they mark them down.

Today I found 2pk. Baby Einstein bibs for 75% off ($1.74). There were pink and blue sets, so I picked up one of each to use for future baby gifts. They also had all of their infant swim stuff and hats 75% off as well on an endcap.

Oh I saw the infant swim/beach stuff.. arent they just adorable? :tongue1: