Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

The other day I went to Target and found my best deal ever!!! I was on a mission to find the laundry soaps, dishsoap, and school supplies on clearance, but for some reason I found myself pulled to the baby area first. I found a Hotslings baby carrier for $9.98!!!! These run from $40-$60 online and I have wanted one FOREVER (well at least 4 months since that is how old DD is:D ) but I was too cheap to get one. I have never seen these in our Target store (it is small and the baby section is tiny) so Im guessing it was an online purchase returned to the store. My DH did not understand my excitement so I thought I would come to my fellow target clearance shoppers to share.

Oh, BTW none of the clearance things I went there to look for -the dishsoap, laundry soap or school supplies were on clearance at this Target. But I hadn't gone in a week or so and this Target's clearance stuff gets picked up fast.

I understand the rush of finding JUST what you wanted and at a price you are willing to pay!

FYI Watch your reciepts, check them before you leave the store!

I went to Target and I noticed the coupon amt showing on the register, but the amt. owed WASN'T going down. When I asked the cashier if the register was taking off the coupons he said yes. Before he put them in the drawer I made him let me count the amt. they should owe me in coupons. I paid him then went to the side to check my final reciept. Sure enough it was off by $8.50!!! :mad: He had to stop his line get the coupons & I had to go to the service register for the girl to check them & refund my money. It didn't make sence since some were current mfg. & others were current Target.:confused:

That same thing has happened to me before as well. It was a new employee, and I don't think he had a clue what he was doing. He also said the coupons were accepted and everything was working ok. Now I always try to go in the lines of the cashiers I know have been there a while. That is so weird.

I had just the opposite thing happen. I bought my son some gold toe socks for back to school. They were on sale and had $.50 off coupons on the package. The last time I had a coupon on the package at Target, they forgot to take it off. I reminded the cashier when it came to the socks to get the coupon. She proceeded to scan the coupon, and then put the socks into the bag after overriding the coupon. I told her she had to scan the socks too. She said she did. What else could I do?

I've come across cashiers that have taken my one lonely manufacturers coupon and applied it toward multiple purchases of that item. I think it was Tide or something that was on sale for a really good price, but I only had 1 Tide coupon. They just scanned the coupon 4 times. I was shocked. I don't think this young cashier had any idea what he was doing either. Just the luck of the lane ya pick I guess!

My school supplies haven't started yet and our kids started the 14th of August -- tho the backpacks and lunch boxes are at 30%...I'll wait until later this week and grab up a couple for next year (we decided to do new backpacks/lunchboxes every other year). Nothing else notable; I even scanned the lego fire set; 55.99.

i got Scotts Basic spreader 9.** (50% off) was going to wait til 75% but it was the only one i saw...so i got it

Also i got a garage air compressor for 9.** (75% off)!!!! org. $39.99!!

Pools were 50% off as well...was hoping for a giraffe one so i can return it for the difference i paid...no luck at that store...ill check another...lol

saw a few cds 30% off

lots of grills and automobile and outsidefurniture and lamps...30-50% off...

dublin/sawmill target (under a lot of remodel now...so very hard to nav around store sometimes...but finding a lot of deals there!!!)

I meant to mention this sooner, but kept forgetting. For those of you with Starbucks in your stores, the stores around me are still honoring the $1 off coupons. I haven't had a single problem. I never tried to use the BOGO one since everyone said they were a problem. I give these to my kids and they use the $1 off coupon to buy their chocolate or vanilla milks. It is nice because it makes them a few cents each. Then I can buy my coffee too. :-)

Nothing much to report here in Georgia, school supplies were still at full price(go figure since school started Aug 13th. A few pool toys were on clearance and I saw a few of those air compressors, my van has a built in air compressor so we use that to pump up tires and stuff so no need for that. Nothing much but that. Am waiting for the school supplies to go on clearance. Does anyone remember when the instruments went on clearance last year??

School supplies at the Polaris -Columbus-OH store were 30% off last Wed 08/29-I haven't been in since then-so they may be lower. The Sawmill store is being refurbished-I've noticed that they are discounting somethings ahead of Polaris-last week some of their lawn furniture was 50% off -while all of the Polaris was still at 30%.

THat is correct: Also some targets have alos been known to donate there remaining school supplies also.

As of yesterday school supplies were still full price here but school only started today. I did talk to a very reliable mark down team member and a cashier who said it was set that Halloween has to go up by Friday?? Wouldn't that mean all of that other stuff would have to be gone??

I got lucky today at Target! I spotted two Graco Belmont Turbo booster car seats on the Baby Clearance endcap. These had been pulled off the shelf at this store several weeks ago and sent to salvage when they were still marked at $13.98. I took them to the scanner and they came up $2.34 today! Needless to say I bought both for my grandkids to use in my car.

Kinda late but do you have the DCPI?

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me keep the clearance deals list website updated? I am finding myself working more than I planned. I knew Fridays would be busy for me, but it now looks like I will be working multiple jobs at least 3 days a week. Tonight I am too tired to search for all the posts on the 2 deals sites and a couple of other places I use to compile my list.

Not much computer knowledge is needed. If you know how to cut and paste, the rest is mostly just pointing, clicking, and hitting enter. I would send you detailed directions. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

thanks

as of yesterday school supplies were still full priced in Fort Gratiot Michigan....not that they have much left, and the area is being reset for Halloween

I wonder if they'll have anything left to discount OR donate

NO good clearance deals lately...it's almost depressing....toy clearance is STILL 15%...it's been that for soooooo long, and they still have all the same toys there too

I did see the pool toys, life jackets, etc marked down...didn't look close, but I think it was 15-30%

I seen 5.0 megapixel Polariod cameras marked down to $79. There was about 15 of them so I am going to wait for them to go down further. Our school supplies aren't marked down yet either, but they are setting up for halloween already.

Where were they in your store? I want to check to see if mine has them and keep an eye on them.. Thanks

I seen 5.0 megapixel Polariod cameras marked down to $79. There was about 15 of them so I am going to wait for them to go down further. Our school supplies aren't marked down yet either, but they are setting up for halloween already.

What was the original price on them? Electronics doesn't always go down to 75% off.